OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Yes, it would be nice if I supplied those details, huh?

The Havenbrook Manor has a square footage of about 45,000 sq.ft. Surrounding the building itself is an expansive garden, an outdoor pool, and a massive outdoor training area.

Within, the building is rectangular in shape, longer going east to west, with the main door/gates facing south. Walking in, you find yourself in a grand entrance large enough to be a ballroom all on its own, with stairs leading up to the second floor balcony. There are actually three floors, with a ground floor, second floor, and basement level.

There are dozens of rooms for the hunters to sleep in, with private rooms available for distinguished hunters (and guests). Besides ones attached to bedrooms, there are a dozen separate baths. There is a smaller indoor pool, a gymnasium, a game room, a ballroom, an indoor training room, an expansive library, and a gallery of the Guilds prizes and findings over the years.

The sub floors are occupied by a large meeting room, a large laboratory, a smaller lab, the armory, and the smithy/forge.

Note that many of the walls have been reinforced to make it fort like, and there are even four stone watch towers surrounding it. Gargoyles of various size are all over the outside.

Hunters usually need a reason to go to the rooms in the basement, but are allowed anywhere on the first and second floors with two exceptions; Lady Havenbrook's office and adjoining bedroom, and her garage.

Approximate real world cost: $35,000,000

ExoGrim

Yes, it would be nice if I supplied those details, huh?

The Havenbrook Manor has a square footage of about 45,000 sq.ft. Surrounding the building itself is an expansive garden, an outdoor pool, and a massive outdoor training area.

Within, the building is rectangular in shape, longer going east to west, with the main door/gates facing south. Walking in, you find yourself in a grand entrance large enough to be a ballroom all on its own, with stairs leading up to the second floor balcony. There are actually three floors, with a ground floor, second floor, and basement level.

There are dozens of rooms for the hunters to sleep in, with private rooms available for distinguished hunters (and guests). Besides ones attached to bedrooms, there are a dozen separate baths. There is a smaller indoor pool, a gymnasium, a game room, a ballroom, an indoor training room, an expansive library, and a gallery of the Guilds prizes and findings over the years.

The sub floors are occupied by a large meeting room, a large laboratory, a smaller lab, the armory, and the smithy/forge.

Note that many of the walls have been reinforced to make it fort like, and there are even four stone watch towers surrounding it. Gargoyles of various size are all over the outside.

Hunters usually need a reason to go to the rooms in the basement, but are allowed anywhere on the first and second floors with two exceptions; Lady Havenbrook's office and adjoining bedroom, and her garage.

Approximate real world cost: $35,000,000
Also on the subject, are we going to use the XCOM Think tank or are you going to be eventually setting up a new OOC thread?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
On a unrelated note, I've finally decided to suffer... force myself... um... find the time to watch Batman v. Superman. I... uh...

93fd4e6e6504e6f59b3cfeb0e3b09496.jpg

I-I... I'm not even half way in, I... this is the most pretentious... I didn't even know a superhero movie could be so pretentious...

They keep making these references and foreshadowing to the fight at the end... we get it, they're gonna fight, it's in the title! I...

Batman is branding people... w-what? Why would he... the fuck?

Why is there so much slow-fucking-motion!? Why are there so many dream sequences!? How is Batman knocked out in a dream?! Why is the Flash in the movie for 30 seconds... I think!? Was that real, or a dream within a dream, because they both piss me off! Does Superman literally have Lois-Lane-in-danger sense? Why does Batman keep the desecrated costume of Jason Todd directly across from his costume?! Why does Superman, symbol of justice, threaten Batman unprovoked?! Why is Lex Luthor... everything about Luthor is wrong! How does Superman accidentally overhear Alfred's conversation from Wayne's radio piece, but can't hear a FUCKING BOMB in that wheelchair from TEN FEET AWAY, a bomb strong enough to level half the U.S. Capital Building!? Wasn't looking, my ass!

Why is Batman murdering so many people!?!?! Fuck you, Zack Snyder! I know this movie has been out for a while, and I'm late for the hate party, but this movie makes me so mad!

6ad5c3d0e688cc8fc395b2ba54a6a68b2d5de8c5_hq.gif

DarkGemini24601

On a unrelated note, I've finally decided to suffer... force myself... um... find the time to watch Batman v. Superman. I... uh...

I-I... I'm not even half way in, I... this is the most pretentious... I didn't even know a superhero movie could be so pretentious...

They keep making these references and foreshadowing to the fight at the end... we get it, they're gonna fight, it's in the title! I...

Why is there so much slow-fucking-motion!? Why are there so many dream sequences!? How is Batman knocked out in a dream?! Why is the Flash in the movie for 30 seconds... I think!? Was that real, or a dream within a dream, because they both piss me off! Does Superman literally have Lois-Lane-in-danger sense? Why does Batman keep the desecrated costume of Jason Todd directly across from his costume?! Why does Superman, symbol of justice, threaten Batman unprovoked?! Why is Lex Luthor... everything about Luthor is wrong! How does Superman accidentally overhear Alfred's conversation from Wayne's radio piece, but can't hear a FUCKING BOMB in that wheelchair from TEN FEET AWAY, and bomb strong enough to level half the U.S. Capital Building!? Wasn't looking, my ass!

Why is Batman murdering so many people!?!?! Fuck you, Zack Snyder! I know this movie has been out for a while, and I'm late for the hate party, but this movie makes me so mad!

*watch

Dahlexpert

Why is there so much slow-fucking-motion!? Why are there so many dream sequences!? How is Batman knocked out in a dream?! Why is the Flash in the movie for 30 seconds... I think!? Was that real, or a dream within a dream, because they both piss me off! Does Superman literally have Lois-Lane-in-danger sense? Why does Batman keep the desecrated costume of Jason Todd directly across from his costume?! Why does Superman, symbol of justice, threaten Batman unprovoked?! Why is Lex Luthor... everything about Luthor is wrong! How does Superman accidentally overhear Alfred's conversation from Wayne's radio piece, but can't hear a FUCKING BOMB in that wheelchair from TEN FEET AWAY, a bomb strong enough to level half the U.S. Capital Building!? Wasn't looking, my ass!

Zombie, why would you do that to yourself. Would you like to watch twilight while your at it, or better yet date move. Just why zombie?

ExoGrim

So much torture, that movie was

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Zombie, why would you do that to yourself. Would you like to watch twilight while your at it, or better yet date move. Just why zombie?
I don't know. I ask myself that every time I see a new Resident Evil movie. Damn... I still have one more of those to watch, don't I...

DarkGemini24601

Nice Job, though admittedly, I feel like Wind magic would be apart of her arsenal because of Hasten... but that's just me.
Fire was more inline with her personality, plus her role is specialized towards destructive offense - though I do see where you're coming from.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Had the day off today. Been working on missions between... dozing off. Gods, I'm tired. Curse you, Methos. Um... not including character or 'story' related missions, I have... 42 missions conceptualized (one of my favorite numbers), three planned out.

Dahlexpert

Had the day off today. Been working on missions between... dozing off. Gods, I'm tired. Curse you, Methos. Um... not including character or 'story' related missions, I have... 42 missions conceptualized (one of my favorite numbers), three planned out.

Wow that's a lot you planed out, don't burn yourself out zombie.

ExoGrim

That is a lot of content to have already to throw at us in the future O_O

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Keep in mind that 42 concepts is a lot different than 42 fully-thought-out missions. I'd be concerned if he'd done the latter. :p
Yeah, not only would it be an incredible amount of content to start with, but it would be a bad idea to set that much up at the start considering how much things change. It would just be me saying "can't do that mission anymore... gotta rewrite that... gotta change this... God, why did I plan this much out!"