OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

Frostlich1228

Odd complement, but you did a really good job with potraying how life would have been like for Veronica in the gaps. The whole bit about avoiding detection by Advent struck a good chord with me. Maybe I just enjoy it whenever I feel like people are getting the world I've constructed.

Speaking of which, I have a mission for you guys! The first half was done in the morning solo, and will show off a lot of the PCS skills in action (as well as some... improvements to ADVENT's fighting strength) as well as Tomislav's new A.I. partner. Then the second half has some tricks and treats up its sleeve.

You should totally read it...

Not because I'm in or... Anything...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Odd complement, but you did a really good job with potraying how life would have been like for Veronica in the gaps. The whole bit about avoiding detection by Advent struck a good chord with me. Maybe I just enjoy it whenever I feel like people are getting the world I've constructed.

Speaking of which, I have a mission for you guys! The first half was done in the morning solo, and will show off a lot of the PCS skills in action (as well as some... improvements to ADVENT's fighting strength) as well as Tomislav's new A.I. partner. Then the second half has some tricks and treats up its sleeve.
Good mission. Very nice. Nice to give Tomislav some love. You might be tired of the DBZ comparisons, but I can't help it here. Yakone and Tomislav remind me of the main character of a story (Yakone) who is incapacitated for a time, and we switch over to a new main character (Tom), like Goku dying after the Cell Games Saga and Got an becoming the new MC. And Just like Goku, Yakone will become the MC again by popular demand, but there will always be plenty of people that say "I actually liked Tomislav as the main character, should have stuck with him!"

As for Veronica, as I said, she is a free spirit, she needs someone like Joe to ground her. With him not there, I imagine Vahlen took that role. While Veronica would appreciate Vahlen's companionship, she likely doesn't fully realize that, without Vahlen's more careful nature and guidance, Vicky likely wouldn't have lasted a month or two without being caught. I only hope that Vicky contributed in her own way to their friendship.

DarkGemini24601

Good mission. Very nice. Nice to give Tomislav some love. You might be tired of the DBZ comparisons, but I can't help it here. Yakone and Tomislav remind me of the main character of a story (Yakone) who is incapacitated for a time, and we switch over to a new main character (Tom), like Goku dying after the Cell Games Saga and Got an becoming the new MC. And Just like Goku, Yakone will become the MC again by popular demand, but there will always be plenty of people that say "I actually liked Tomislav as the main character, should have stuck with him!"
I'm glad people like Tom. I was a little worried about not enough focus/time being devoted to him for people to be interested, so it's good that's not as much of an issue as I thought.
As for Veronica, as I said, she is a free spirit, she needs someone like Joe to ground her. With him not there, I imagine Vahlen took that role. While Veronica would appreciate Vahlen's companionship, she likely doesn't fully realize that, without Vahlen's more careful nature and guidance, Vicky likely wouldn't have lasted a month or two without being caught. I only hope that Vicky contributed in her own way to their friendship.
Wait, if Vahlen really fulfills the same role as Joseph...

My picture is now Black Bishop.

Frostlich1228

What did you think of my parts?

DarkGemini24601

Loved them of course. I'm glad to see you're getting in the writhing spirit again. Welcome back, friend.
Well, I do enjoy a bit of writhing...
90e.jpg

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I have another idea for a solo. No promises for today, though. Possibly tomorrow. Today was been awful and it's only 10 o'clock. I just want to go home, curl up in my bed, and sleep forever right now.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Well Guys...

It happened again...

I think I know what is causing it, my house has a little bit of a bug problem and they are fucking up my computer, so, until further notice, I'll be using this account on my brother's computer.

It'll suck if, because of my own stupidity, that I lose access to my normal account permanently, but it won't be the end of the world, i'll deal with it.

It's been a pretty shitty year for me.

ExoGrim

Well Guys...

It happened again...

I think I know what is causing it, my house has a little bit of a bug problem and they are fucking up my computer, so, until further notice, I'll be using this account on my brother's computer.

It'll suck if, because of my own stupidity, that I lose access to my normal account permanently, but it won't be the end of the world, i'll deal with it.

Hopefully things work out for you Frost

Dahlexpert

Well Guys...

It happened again...

Yea good luck with that frost, on the other note. How is everyone doing?

DarkGemini24601

Currently in the process of writing a really fun solo, part of a series you guys will be seeing coming together in the next few days. I'm excited to get it all done.

DarkGemini24601

And there you go. Voraciously devour "Resolve".

Part 1 - Notice who was the one that lost their temper a little in that interaction.

Interestingly, Jayden and Yakone are about the same age. They represent the two sides of the coin in their generation.

Part 2 - There's a joke in there somewhere about Desmond not wearing helmets in SoD.

Psi Witch:
ADVENT Psi Witch.png

Part 3 - Uh...
65502007.jpg

DarkGemini24601

Prepare for three separate one-part solos with unique titles. This is where everything comes together.

You feel a sinking feeling in your stomach? You should be.

Dahlexpert

Well damn, Great work dark. Though i'm sure Luke is next on ADVENTS list of Psions to capture. All though, unlike Yakone Luke is a lot more dangerous aggressive and way more prideful. And will not be broken.