X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

By maintaing a solid schedule, Odd makes it easier for us to write our logs. Plus he has other series going on right now that demands his attention.

Hm I quess you are right, I just kinda always wait for something new to happen in the game what would be exciting to write about if you know what I mean.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Hm I quess you are right, I just kinda always wait for something new to happen in the game what would be exciting to write about if you know what I mean.
Just start up a conversation with me if you want our characters to interact. It'll give you something to do to pass the time.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
However, if we are being honest right now, while I understand that he doesn't have time to make posts, one thing I do wish for is that Odd would take a little more time to role-play during the videos. Expressing disappointment in Jorn is the most we've had so far.

I mean, there is a lot going on right now. Games, rivalries, new friendships forming, martial arts matches, sword fighting, shooting gallery matches, arguments, problems with soldiers working on the wrong places, problems in the range, problems in the gym, problems in the showers, intense memory logs of struggles, true love found, and tragic loss, and yet.....(ahem) yet, the Commander says nothing during the video each week.

I mean, anything would be nice. You don't even have to mention names, just say something like;

"I'd like to remind everyone that you are soldiers, so don't go where soldiers are off limits."

or

"Reports from the staff say that, while we had some rough spots at the beginning, the soldiers a really getting along now, and that makes me proud as your Commander."

or

"I'm glad to to see the scores at the shooting range have improved."

or

"That small party was a great idea, as morale is higher then ever. I heard that the only problem was one of the recruits drinking too much and bumping her head. While I do want to keep my soldiers happy, I'd like to remind you that there is an alcohol ban for a reason."

Am I asking for too much? If I am, please tell me. I just feel that, because of the emphasis on Role-Playing, the one person who, more then anyone, should be Role-Playing isn't pulling his weight. I'll write some material for you if you don't have time. Just let me know on my page.

Cheesypower

(Alternate ending to MOVIE NIGHT AT THE INFIRMARY)

Daniel: “Hah. Seems appropriate.”

He picks up a drink and turns on the video. Both Daniel and Booker take a seat in the chairs, while Jorn sits up in his bed.

Booker reaches to grab a coke, but finds the trolley empty. With a frustrated sigh, he storms out of the room to get some more drinks.

Daniel smirks and moves to take a drink when suddenly a mountain of flesh slams into him, tackling him to the ground.

Farmer: "WHOO! YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T BRING THAT WEAK-ASS STUFF, UP IN THIS HUMPY-BUMPY!!!

YOU KILL THE SO', YOU GET SOME MO'!!! YOU KNOW THAT, BABY!!!

Else you in for a long day, A LONG DAY!!! 'CAUSE BIG POPPA IS UP IN THIS, BEATCH!!!

BIG FARMER
XCOM LINEBACKER

(I don't know if I'm overtired or tripping on something, but I had this idea stuck in my head and just couldn't get it out. For those who don't get it, it's a reference to this:

This is just a joke, hence why I'm posting it in the OOC thread. Prease don't take this seriously.)

Frostlich1228

I have a question about the other X-Com bases, are they other bases with Different commanders or are we pretending like they don't exist?

Aristeus

However, if we are being honest right now, while I understand that he doesn't have time to make posts, one thing I do wish for is that Odd would take a little more time to role-play during the videos. Expressing disappointment in Jorn is the most we've had so far.

I mean, there is a lot going on right now. Games, rivalries, new friendships forming, martial arts matches, sword fighting, shooting gallery matches, arguments, problems with soldiers working on the wrong places, problems in the range, problems in the gym, problems in the showers, intense memory logs of struggles, true love found, and tragic loss, and yet.....(ahem) yet, the Commander says nothing during the video each week.

Yes that is true he doesn't speak much, I gave him a tip on how to handle a upclose and personal assault with a "PS" under it to ask if he was going to join the RP at some point, and he said: "Regarding RP, yes I will be participating eventually ;)"
So he will join is sooner or later, we just have to wait. I had hoped that he would "Talk" to Jorn with a bit of RP and I even asked him but he hasn't been able to respond yet.

Like I and Zombie said we just have to wait a whyle until things calm down for him.
All I we can do now is that he does at least a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit of interaction.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So where do we park our intercepters when we move them, I like to think that there are small X-Com bases around the world.
Good point. They have to go somewhere for repairs and refueling. I guess they could just go to normal military bases, but that would defeat the purpose of a "secret organization", and I doubt anyone besides X-COM has the technology to maintain the advanced interceptors you unlock later in the game.

BMPixy

Good point. They have to go somewhere for repairs and refueling. I guess they could just go to normal military bases, but that would defeat the purpose of a "secret organization", and I doubt anyone besides X-COM has the technology to maintain the advanced interceptors you unlock later in the game.

This might seem a bit excessive, but I happened to roughly reference where the various hangars are in relation to the world, and all of the hangars are in places that would be considered the middle of nowhere, aside from the one in Europe, which is in the portion of Russia that is just to the north of Poland. Also, from what the cutscenes infer, all of the hangars are underground, so it would be quite likely easy to hide the bases, stick a few dozen engineers, pilots, and guards down there, and let them wait until a UFO contact arrives.

PrismaCube

So where do we park our intercepters when we move them, I like to think that there are small X-Com bases around the world.

In the original X-COM it was always a small base with a base for the interceptors, which could be made into a fully functunal base over time, but noone acctuly did that. Back when they announced X-COM Enemy Unknown, and showed Gameplay about it and talked about it. They said... "There will be only one main Base, and several smaller bases across the world for just interceptor's, but you wont have controll of these bases, since they are just typical hangars..."

Captn

Hahahaha I got mixed feeling about this, but did anyone else notice how the enemie's new Robot thingy looks alot like the one from district 9?

I think it's great! New maps, new abilities, new soldier types, new everything.

Here's the teaser:

11 - 12 - 13

I guess it's November the 12th right? Since it's an american game?

Frostlich1228

New Expansion coming!

Maybe something for Season 4? hahaha

Turning into a Mecha Warrior? That could add some really interesting new elements to the RP, a choice between, Do you want to give up your humanity to give X-Com a better chance at winning, or do you not go through with it so you have something to go back to when the war is finished.

That is a really tough call....

PrismaCube

Just want to tell everybody that the following day's I will be gone, because of Gamescom, I will be available again Saturday and then from Monday again. So just everybody know's incase they are wondering why I don't answear anything anymore :D
Alright, have fun all and keep these awesome Journals up.

Grelite

Just want to tell everybody that the following day's I will be gone, because of Gamescom, I will be available again Saturday and then from Monday again. So just everybody know's incase they are wondering why I don't answear anything anymore :D
Awesome, have fun.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member

I'm so jealous! Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.