X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

I could be the cook, I want my character to be like a father to you all, if you want that is, since my character can't see his own wife and child. I could probably write how in order to meet some of my teammates and make friends, i decided to make meals for them. Its up to you guys if you want me to do it. Also a question to grelite or odd, how much accses do we get into the science facility, i know I can probably go in and talk with the doc. but can i write in my journals about being apart of the inventions?

Also can some of you maybe give me tips on writting a journal, its the first time I'm doing something like this, and I dont really want to bore the reader to death with my journals. I would appreciate it :)

and I need a bunkmate if anyone still doesnt have one

Grelite

You are a soldier, not a scientist. Soldiers' access to the labs is restricted to looking through the windows that reveal the lab floors. Even if your character would have a University degree and doctorate, you're still listed as soldier and not as part of the science team, there's no doing both, they're both full-time jobs. You can talk to scientists on their off-time.

As for tips on journals, reading other peoples journals helps a lot. See what kind of thing you like and what you don't and apply that to your own writing.

Suryce

Game Master
Oh, by the way, I made a mistake in my first journal entry by saying that the XCOM base was in Japan, while after verification it is actually in the Philipines (I thought it was always in the same country as the one starting with a satellite), and I see you followed me on that Prisma. You may want to correct your journal entry as I did. Sorry for that.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I could have an encounter with her zombie, it will make more since as I write in my journals, because I like to have freedom to maneuver so I write little in each time and I am working on the second journal for sunday, if the video comes out then, and ill write the details of the things that happen, it could be interesting, but if you read my journal I have not arrived yet and your character could be the first soldier I meet.

*to ZombieSplitter*

You are welcome to have an chat with her when you arrive on base, but that line about being a zombie was a joke rreferencing season two. This time around, Ayame is as human as everyone else, a fairly petite human with a Napoleon Complex and the temper of a rabid wolverine, but human none the less.

AaronBryant

im down for poker and i agree with grelite on the whole military food standerds are highly nutritious and low on flavor they have to keep there money for weapons armor buildings etc

AaronBryant

You are welcome to have an chat with her when you arrive on base, but that line about being a zombie was a joke rreferencing season two. This time around, Ayame is as human as everyone else, a fairly petite human with a Napoleon Complex and the temper of a rabid wolverine, but human none the less.
XD she sounds hot

CCC09

Though I'm not so familiar with military food standards, I imagine it would be fairly cheap and efficient meals with healthy variety. Occasionally there would be something outside these guidelines to keep up spirits, making the meals on those occasions that much more special.

but would they smell nice?

Jhon Markith

sorry, that was about your name, my bad. I Should have put a , there

Aristeus

So are there some people who (try to) read all the journals? I try to read all of them :p

And about the canteen food, most of the time pretty simple rounded meals but have all the vitamins you need. And sometimes something really tasty (like some beef) to keep the morale up. It is different on marine boats, but this is on land so It is eazyer to get food.
Still they tend to have long storage items like peas and rice.

Jhon Markith

I try but I am not exactly the fastest reader so it takes a long time, im on like the 25, they keep growing, hopefully there will be a break for a while so I can finish

PrismaCube

I always read all the journals til the last one before writting my own, then I take a break and read the new once whenever I have time, and the once I didnt have time for I will read when posting my next Journal entrie

PrismaCube

That is a good idea, maybe I should do that too.

I have two more question's during off duty time, can we go to cities near the base or are we trapped in the underground facility til our death or the end xD?

Also is commucation to the outside world allowed, I quess this is somehow related to the first question, but if we arnt allowed to go out during off duty time, are we then atleast allowed to phone family and/or friends?

Grelite

As an X-COM soldier you are on call at all times and are expected to be ready to head out on a mission at any time (unless you are in the infirmary). Communication with the outside is allowed, but is monitored and uses several methods to make the point of origins as difficult to trace as possible. This is linked to the devices brought onto the base that have internet access referred to here. I'd just like to add that communication with the outside is only available through the X-COM network and receiving any other signal would be highly unlikely underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.