X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahlexpert

audio recording therapist office

Name Miranda hill
Rank therapist

OK subject name Alex Alcatraz, it's been a few weeks when I was assigned Alex as my patience,and my first week with him were interesting. subject showed aggression, little care for human life, murderer instinct and enjoyed killing.but when he said he "will change his ways" subject is now showing a little trust in others but still shows little trust in other people,but hes getting better I have some hope for this subject but not mush.
end audio log.

Well today I had another talk with Alex and I decided to talk to him about his past, and I under stand why he has some hostility towards women , subjects mother abused, burned,torture,molested and shot him and I asked him to take off his shirt so I can see if he wasn't lieing, and subject had so many scars on his arms and back it was unbearable I couldn't believe it.then subject told me about his teen age years and those were even worst because he told me that he left his mom a the age of seven and some man adopted him and all was fine and good until he was fourteen when he killed his first man, he told me that his father was the leader of a mob group, and he wanted his son to join so he told him to kill this random man and the world will be his ,and after that the next five years was a blood bath for him,he told me that those five years was releasing all of his anger and torment,to be honest i'm not sure if I can help this subject but I have to try.

end audio log

zatch

Entry # 5ish​
Name: Zatch Vilochev​
Psy. stat.: Topsy turvy / Ment. stat.: fuvin tired​
******************​
Well, *yawn* First things first I'm better now than i was in my last entry. i was out cold for the last few days.. people came to see me.. i think....i was semi conscious at the time so i don't remember who. well i asked the Doc who carried me down the rest of the way here down to the infirmary. he replied " it was some guy named Vulnus Harrow, now leave me alone, i got some check ups i must attend to. " sure.... yeah.... hope it goes well." entyway as i was looking for the illusive savior i saw Ayame running screaming down the hall's, i tried to stop her and ask what was wrong..... but she.... plowed me down.... a person of her stature( respectively) shouldn't be able to plow me down.... even though I'm pretty small my self. then right behind her Anna also nearly run's me over. i stumble and fall and land right on my tail/bone. After making sure no one was around i was there for hours of sitting on my ass and having a little pity party i finally manage to stand up. i limp/trudge my way back to my room* whereupon i collapsed on my bed a fall asleep for quite a while. entyway that morning/afternoon (can't tell with no damn sun shine) i was walking/sulking to the mess hall to see if i couldn't scrounge up some chow, i hadn't eaten in quite a while. when guess who i stumble upon. "Hows you head?" the stranger asked me. i immediately spun around and instantly regretted it. a bout of vertigo hit me like a grenade. i expected to fall on my face and put my hands up. but suddenly there was resistance. "you O.K?" Vulnus asked in a concerned voice. Embarrassed i quickly stood up on my own. "yeah" i said blushing with embarassment. "Entyway, yeah so, i sort of tripped on my tail the other day and slipped down the stairs, mind if i sit with you?" "welcome, glad i can help" Vulnus said with a simi-smile. I asked him if he wanted to be "room" mates. he agreed without obvious disdain. After getting him aquainted with his new room, I remembered i acctually left the video log in the med bay. " I'll be right back" i shouted and sprang up " owwwww, son of a....." i screamed in pain. "you o.k?" he asked. " peachy" i said a i ran/stumbled out the door.

Damn battery's dead i thought to myself i felt something stroke my head....... jeez it..... felt.... so good, i can't remember the last time....someone..... i looked up. there was Ayame scratching me like i was a puppy..... i started to tell here to stop. But then i saw those eyes.... I've seen these eye's before, when i look in the mirror... those are the eyes of a person whose shed way to many tears. so i just sat there like a man in silence. she started talking but i didn't know a word she was saying so i just sat and listened.much later after she fell asleep the Doc came in and asked me "what the hell are you doing here?" & " Do you know what time it is!"...... "Honestly" i replied drowzily " i forgot and i don't care.".. Vulnus started asking me some questions as soon as i got in,.. but i was to tired to understand. Thats *yawn* the thing about me if i get tired i can't hear properly and so i don't respond...ZZZZZZZ....zzzzzz.....
Battery low. hibernation mode activating.​
(O.O.C) sorry if i put words into your mouth. please notify me if you want me to stop and/or want me to talk about you. Thank you: Davin for including me in you post. it means so much to me.​

VulnusHarrow

Name: Johnathan Harrow
Physical status: Healthy
Mental Status: Happy

Audio Log 6

So now I'm roommates with Zatch, soon as he shows me the room he has to go run off somewhere. When he got back he pretty much fell right to sleep. I'm in the hallway so I don't wake him up. I've still got to move my books in, how many do I have anyway? I lost track after the hundreds. I could keep thousands of books on a computer, but there's something about holding one in your hand... ah I miss those days, all the memories I made. Anyway, I'm going to look into some of the weapon fragments we keep getting, see if I can figure any of it out. Hopefully I don't wake him up in the morning, I get up around six a.m.

End of Audio Log 6

(ooc)
Zatch my character is named Johnathan for future reference. All so if I misinterpreted anything tell me.

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March Twenty-Fifth, Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Definitely too quiet here on the Eastern Front. No X-Ray contacts at all for the past week or so. They are probably planning something big. Something to incite terror on such a level as to show humanity what they are fighting, how well and truly gefickt we are, for daring to assume that we have a chance at winning this war. I realize I’m probably being a bit of a Negative Nancy here, but in light of our recent ‘successes’, somebody needs to remind everybody that there is still a cloud underneath the silver lining. Might catch some flak for being so pessimistic about our chances, but with honesty comes suffering, as Dad always said.

Speaking of suffering, Joseph told me that they found Ayame, and she is in the infirmary recovering. I probably should pay her a visit in there, considering that I owe her a bit for dragging my unconscious frozen ass out of that corpse locker, but I’ve never been a ‘visit people you know in the hospital’ person. Too many bad memories resulting from seeing people I have a modicum of respect for in their weakest moments. Dad, Mother, Tamar, and Sergio, to name all of them.

Ah, might have to do a retrospective log sometime, old memories flooding back to me. But, until then, more complaining about stuff happening in the wider world. For instance, the lack of military responses to the abductions within their countries. I mean, if we detect the alien abductions, surely they can as well, and they have tanks and fighter-bombers. What’s a plasma arm cannon going to do to a building-sized mass of piss off, or ninety kilos of high explosive? Then they just pass whatever artifacts they recover to us, we tell the rest of the world how to make the nifty gear we’ve discovered how to make, and the world flips a giant middle finger to the alien invasion. But nope, I have seen little to no response to the alien invasion other than, ‘Hey X-COM, we’ll give you stuff if you help us’. ‘Tis almost artificially induced stupidity, like we’re in some half-baked strategy game where the devs wanted there to be a challenge. Of course, such an idea is patently ridiculous, after all, this is reality, and one needs only take a brief look at any imageboard on the Internet to see that such stupidity exists.

Alright, I think that’s enough time waxing philosophical for now. Foulke, out.

james love

Name: James .C. Love
3/23/15
[Begin recording]
(slight muffling) ok good its still here...well somethings here in base...im just not sure what it is but... im done worrying for now cause tomorrow is my birthday... ah the one day i feel like life is really kind to me...also its the one day im not so suspicious of people or plants...anyway ill get back to work after the fact.
[End recording]

(OOC) My real birth day is on march 24th... so yah me and my character share birthdays... soooo yah...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Video Recording, Room of Ayame Kasagi, X-COM med-bay

Early in the morning, Ayame sleeps uncomfortably, tossing and turning, sweating profusely with a pained look on her face. She wakes up with a start, breathing heavily. She rubs her eyes, then looks around in confusion. She slowly climbs out her bed and starts reading her medical chart at the foot of her bed. A nurse walks into the room on his morning rounds, sighing lightly when he sees she is awake.

"Great, the little brat is up." The nurse puts on a fake smile and asks "so how much trouble are you going to be today?"

Ayame places a hand on her hip and puts on her own fake smile, saying "more trouble then you'll be able to handle if you don't watch your tongue."

The nurse's smile turns to embarrassed surprise. "I-I sorry, I, I'll go get the doctor!" He quickly leaves the room.

Ayame chuckles lightly, saying, "Yeah, you do that", and continues to read her chart. The nurse returns several minutes later with a doctor. Ayame informs the doctor that she cannot remember most of her time in the med-bay. She can only remember being extremely lonely, except for the feeling she had seen someone from her past. When asked about what happened to her before being brought here, she vaguely states that she remembers "sharing memories" with a friend before feeling like someone, or something, was directly attacking her brain. Ayame then asks when she can leave.

"Well," the doctor says, "we can probably get you out of here tomorrow, but we have a lot of tests we'd like to run. Not only should we run another MRI, but there are a number of oddities we need to look into."

Ayame folds her arm in frustration. "Is that all really necessary? I'm touched that you are soooo concerned with my well being," she says sarcastically, giving the nurse a look of contempt, who looks away sheepishly, "but I have important things to do, considering how long I've been in here. And I feel fine now."

"They're precautionary tests. We need to do them if you don't want to end up in here again in a week."

Ayame sighs deeply, dropping her arms to her sides. "Okay, fine.....I'll tell you what. I'll agree to all your tests, but first you have to give me a chance to talk to Anna."

"Ms. Stone?," the doctor asks. "I'm not sure that would be wise. We should at least do the MRI first."

"Look", Ayame says in irritation, "you may be worried about me, but I'm more worried about her. Something...happened right before I ended up here, and from what you've said, I didn't leave a good impression with her the last time she was here, either. I really need to see if she is okay. So, again, I'll cooperate fully, and all I ask is for a half an hour alone with Anna."

The doctor turns to the nurse, saying, "Can you send a message to Anna Stone? Tell her what's going on, and that Ms. Kasagi would like to talk to her." The nurse leaves, and the doctor tells Ayame, "I'll get your tests ready. Do you mind if we do some of the quicker tests if Ms. Stone can't come right away?"

Ayame smiles, saying "Yes, doctor, that's fine." The doctor leaves, and Ayame sits back down on her bed. She picks up the bushel of origami flowers, and lays back, waiting for Anna.

Frostlich1228

Name : Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 18 :

I talked to that psychiatrist, Rebecca, I told her about my past and she looked at me like she hears stuff like that everyday, she was nice, telling me that Other patients she talks to with similar experiences always get better, and that it will hurt less and less the more I talk about it...
You know...she is the only one I've told about my past since I've arrived at X-COM, she took it well, but I guess she is suppose to, its her job to hear horrible stories about people's pasts after all.

Anyway, I didn't tell her about the experiences I've had with the Cryssalid, I really wanted to, but I decided that it's better that I keep it to myself, like I did with the painting of it in my room...If I'll talk to anyone about it I'll be Ayame...

I went to Visit her in her room again today...she looked so sad, I tried to comfort her but she couldn't understand me, She kept saying this name though, Guì yīng ...over and over, Who is this? it must be someone really close to her if she keeps calling/ talking about her so much.

Then she started freaking out, she started screaming! she wouldn't let me do anything to help her, then the doctor kicked me out...

Why did she get so mad?!
Was she mad at the doctors?
Was she just confused about where she was?

I just hope she gets better, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to help her, all I can do is watch...

It's my fault she's like this, and there is nothing I can do but try and comfort her....
But now that's not even working anymore...

Why did I let her go through with it...I just thought since she has been around for thousands of years she would be able to handle my memories.

Poor Andrews is just as upset as I am, I need to tell him what happened...
That's what I am going to do...I am going to find him...and tell him everything...
Joseph is her friend too, I can't just keep it from him...

*End of Recording*

(OOC) This happened before the post above

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

Its been so a confusing few days. I'm glad I finally got the courage to ask the Commander if I can get Jessica transferred onto the base. Of course, now I have to wait for the response, like waiting for the results of an important blood test. I just hope the Commander actually reads my email, but all things considered, I'm sure she'd be safer here anyway...at least, I hope so.

I tried to visit Ayame again, but they said she was refusing to talk to anyone anymore. Disappointed, both because they wouldn't let me see her, and because they wouldn't tell me why, I tried to see if Anna knew anything, only to find her quite distraught. She said Ayame had a freakout while during her last visit, and the doctors kicked her out. She also explained to me what happened to Ayame to put her in the med-bay in the first place. She apologized for not telling me sooner, since I'm their friend and all, but I told her it was a very personal matter, and I'm grateful she told me at all.

She wouldn't stop blaming herself, and was so tearful over it, I found that I was fighting back tears myself. I told her that I believed that, because it was Ayame's ability, she knew the risks, and wouldn't blame Anna, and from the sound of things, she encountered something unexpected. I said "now you and I both know that, as soon as she's better, you're the first person she's going to want to see, and the first thing she's going to say is how sorry she is. Its obvious that she is seemingly incapable of being mad at you. She cares about you so much, beyond what you'd expect from someone who has been around as long as her, what you'd expect from someone who has seen as much as her, and, well, what you'd expect considering your respective sexual orientations."

In the end, I just told her that a little guilt shows you care, but speaking from personal experience, too much guilt can be incredibly detrimental, especially for those who have there own guilt, because your guilt makes them feel more guilty, and it turns into a never ending cycle of misery. I don't know how much stock Anna put into my words, but I hope I helped.

Well, I guess I'll try and let off some steam at the shooting range. I've neglected my training a bit, and I don't want to be left in the dust by everyone else.

VulnusHarrow

Name: Johnathan Harrow
Physical status: Healthy
Mental Status: Focused

Audio Log 7

I spent a couple of hours in the gym, then went to the range. Saw another guy there, seemed like he had something on his mind. Didn't ask, seemed like he needed his space. opened the package from my bro, it had a letter and some basic comforts. Well I'm going to get some more exercise, then shower. After that I'm going to head to bed.

End of Audio Log 7

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March Thirtieth, Two Thousand and Fifteen--

I said in my last log that I was going to do a retrospective log soon, and that will come. But, before that, another episode of Foulke Complains About Everything!. This time we’ll be complaining about the guns they’ve provided us, the ‘X-9’ Assault Rifle, likely based on that Yank XM-8 project. About 800 mm long, with 300 being barrel, chambered in 12.7 mm Beowulf ammo, and weighs in at I would say six-ish kilos full kitted out. Fifteen-round clip, with a three-round burst setting as the only option. Hybrid scope, an effective range of what I’d guess to be about 200 meters. And to cap off this tragedy of a rifle, no rail system, so that means no attachments other than swapping out the scope.

To contrast, have the masterpiece of a rifle that is the L85A2, at 785 mm in length, and 518 of it in barrel, and weighs in at about five kilos fully stocked out. Thirty-round mag, chambered in NATO standard 5.56x45 mm cartridges, semi-auto or full-auto fire selector, effective range of 300 m, and the good ol’ SUSAT scope on top of it all. And, it has the Picatinny rail for adding an attachment of your choice, a L123A2 40 mm underbarrel grenade launcher in my case.

Now, you might be saying, hey, Foulke, what makes the L85 better than the X-9? Well, aside from the lack of rail system, the puny clip, short effective range, and its high weight, there is the fact that for using 12.7 mm rounds it has crap stopping power, even with the burst settings. Plus, the scope is prone to wonking out on you, requiring near constant calibration, which is hard to do on a battlefield. Seriously, everything about this rifle screams that it was thrown together out of the bits and pieces of whatever other superior guns they had around. Seriously, I would have preferred a pissing AK-47 over this thing. Least it would have had a decent sized clip and a working scope. Of course, if the people who started this project had an ounce of brains, they would have just supplied the gun we used in whatever outfit we were in, and let anybody else put in a requisition for their preferred gun. Seriously, the more I look at the X-COM Project, the more I wonder how we lasted this long.

Alright, throat is getting sore from all that complaining. Foulke, out.

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk
Physical Status: Healthy
Mental Status: Healthy

Non-combat log 16

Log type: Video

So. I have no idea how to begin this. So much is happening. No enemy activity for almost a month. It makes you wonder.
Eh, I can think about that later.

Lemme move this camera a bit.

There we go.

Man, all of this is so surreal. It reminds me of some of the paintings I have back home in my flat. All somewhat discernible but not quite.

*pause*

I do think Anna does some routine painting, but I don't think I should talk to her about that until the situation with Ayame is sorted out. I don't know if this is just me, but that girl is always in some sort of situation. I don't think I could do much. Has she told anyone about her condition? I knew something was wrong with her as soon as i could sense her Aura was out of whack.

Eh, I have a lot on my mind, I think I might need to do some meditation soon.

Speaking of that, I need to write a letter home asking if my parents could send me some more herbs, medicinal and otherwise.

*Another Thoughtful Pause*

You know what? What if we lose this war? What if all these aliens waltz right into XCOM HQ and we lose? I wonder what will happen if they find our logs. Will they think us all raving loonies? Or a thoughtful race capable of observing the universe to a closer detail?

Gah, I need to rest. I need to think about Rick as well. After that revelation, well! *Humf* I'm not sure about him. But meditation and relaxation will always pull through.

As always, Aribeth out.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Name: Joseph Andrews

Written Log

I had a serious talk with Tyler a while ago. I'm actually glad to talk to him at all, considering how little I've seen of him recently. It may have much to do with the way he refers to Ayame, Anna, and myself as a sort of "Three Musketeer" group, and he might fell like he is intruding. This is completely false, of course, and I would love to spend more time with him, gladly welcoming him as our group's d'Artagnan, though considering how much stock I put into his advise, he'd probably make a better Athos (wait, does that make Anna and Ayame Aramis and Parthos respectively.....probably putting too much thought into it).

Speaking of advise, Tyler suggested I take into consideration what would happen to Jessica if I should die in battle, an important thing to consider, things being as they are. I got really angry at this, and I'm not sure why. I suppose the thought of me failing Jessica in such a way left me so scared that it came out as anger, but he was completely right. After all, we've already lost a man, Aribeth was injured, Anna had that disturbing encounter with a possible infiltrator, and now Ayame's mind has been shattered by some unknown force. I have to do something, but what? Jessica's caregivers only agreed to watch her on a temporary basis, and even if they didn't, there is no way I'd want to leave her with that little monster they call a son. She hasn't said anything lately, but I can tell by the look on her face and the way she seems to constantly stutter now that he hasn't let up. But where else can she go? We have no other family.

Maybe the Commander can help me with this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: CommanderOdd@XCOMstaff.un
Subject: Family Matters

To Project X-COM Commander Odd,

If you are reading this message, I would first like to thank you kindly for giving the time of day to a lowly trainee like myself.

I write to you now because recent events have put me in serious doubt to my chance of survival in this war against our extraterrestrial foes. I realized this was a possibility from the beginning, and would gladly give my life in the defense of our world, but I fear my earnest in joining X-COM resulted in me overlooking something very important. A quick look at my file will show that the only family I have left in this world is my nine year old sister, Jessica Andrews. She currently resides in a temporary foster home with a couple living in Chicago, Illinois, where she is very unhappy for numerous reasons I will not bother you with. I was planning on becoming her official legal guardian as soon as the war was over.

I am sad to admit that, in my eagerness to find a way to defend Jessica, I did not take into account what would happen to her should I not make to the end of the war. As I said, we have no other family, and her numerous health issues make the likelihood of her being permanently adopted very unlikely. However, as I understand it, the X-COM Base does have some sort of a child care service in place, as I know that at least one of the front line soldiers has a young son that resides here. I realize that my application to X-COM said I had no dependents, but I now humbly request that my sister be allowed into X-COM's Child Care System as soon as possible. I will do anything, absolutely anything, should this request be approved, whether it be X-COM's personal Forlorn Hope, or X-COM's personal test subject.

If this is not an option, then as a last request, I would instead ask that she at least be transferred here should I fall in combat, as she would have no where else to go at that point.

I eagerly await your response.

Sincerely,
Joseph Christopher Patrick Andrews
XCOM Trainee

Do It. But keep your eye on her.

ZombieSlayer85

Medical Log of Chief Psychiatric Officer James Parker, PHD

The following is a review of the status of several of the individuals I or one of my on-bass therapist have had sessions with the soldiers in the past weeks.

Warning:

This contains confidential information about the individuals named herein. It is to be viewed only by those with a Medical Clearance Level of Four (LVL4) or Higher, or by XCOM's Commander Odd while under the supervision of one with a Medical Clearance Level of Four or Higher. Violators of this restriction will be subject to severe punishment, including, but not limited to, immediate termination from XCOM.

Johnathan Harrow:
Mr. Harrow shows serious signs of PTSD caused by an incident from his time in the military. I have requested for him to schedule an appointment to discuss what happened to him in the hopes that he can get things off his chest rather then letting them stew inside.

William Aronus Davin:
Mr. Davin has shown claustrophobic concerns, wishing to get out of the confined base, as well as tension relating to recent decisions and battles and his dissatisfaction with how the war is being handled. He feels extremely anxious, and is crawling up the walls. I have recommended a few meditation techniques. I also offered to prescribe him a low dose anti-anxiety medication, but he refused, saying he'd rather give the meditation a try before turning to drugs. I informed him to tell me if he changes his mind.

Aribeth Dusk:
Ms. Dusk has shown marked improvement since our last meeting. Her self-detrimental thoughts have ceased, thanks in no small part to her relationship with one of her fellow soldiers. I feel it is safe to believe she is out of the danger zone.

Tyler Prohaska:
Mr. Prohaska suffers from significant emotional detachment associated with a traumatic experience involving the death of his mother. I fear that he has suffered from this for decades, and has kept these emotions bottled up. I have requested frequent therapy sessions to help him get back in touch with these emotions before they explode out like a bottle that someone has been shaking up for years and he has a complete psychological breakdown.

Ayame Kasagi:
Ms. Kasagi, who has recently suffered from a case of advanced mental regression, has recovered and is now poised to be released from the med-bay. As I have no therapist who can speak Mandarin, I was unable to do much in regards to her treatment, but now that she has recovered, I have asked her to come and see me some time in the next few days as part of her treatment. I was hoping I could get her to see me on her own, but I have to take what I can get.

Alex Alcatraz:
Miranda has taken to treating Mr. Alcatraz personally. She is unsure about her likelihood of success, but has insisted that I hold off on my request to have Alcatraz removed from Project X-COM. I leave it in Miranda's hands for now; I hope she isn't getting in over her head.

Anna Stone:
The following report comes directly from one of my head therapist, Rebecca Gillespie: "After assuring her that what she says will be completely confidential (which is why you'll have to forgive me for being vague), Anna really opened up to me, which was obviously really hard for her. She's a sweet person who has had an extremely hard life, and one of her biggest problems is not having someone to talk to. I have informed her that I will always be here for her if she needs someone to lend an ear, and it would likely make her feel better. I hope she will return soon."

One final note I would like to make is in regards to Commander Odd. I have expressed my disapproval with him having his mother under his command. I feel that it is the definition of a conflict of interest. I know he likely believes I was directly challenging his ability to be completely objective, but this was the very reason he was afraid to get close to any of the soldiers under his command. No matter how objective he is on the surface, he will subconsciously favor someone close to him, especially when in a desperate situation. I hoped he would follow my advise in this regard, but not only has his mother been transferred here, she has already been on a mission. I only hope that my fears do not come to fruition.

Dahlexpert

Audio recording therapist office

Name Miranda hill
Rank therapist

sigh my superiors want to get reed of Alex, but I need more time with this subject in order to dismiss him or not, now I have an appointment with Alex in a few minutes, sigh I hope i'm making the right choices here
(knock knock) yes come in.

Video journal

(aa) Hay doc how are you
(mh) hello Alex please sit down
(aa) sigh fine (Alex grabs a chair and sits down)
(mh) all right Alex, the last time you were here we talked about your child hood and teenage years,and it's clear you been through allot but in your bio it says you were married ,and then divorced do you mind telling me about it.
(aa) do I have to
(mh) yes now please ex plane
(aa) (Alex starts to shake) OK her name was Sara margarita meza and she was special forces,extremely tough,she was independent and was so beautiful that diamonds were jealous of her looks.
(mh)sounds like you praised her, how did you two meet.
(aa) that's pretty funny,see my friends dared me to ask her out,I walked up to her and asked her out on a date,she looked at me and said,wow you have been staring at me for about twenty minutes and you finally decided to ask me out,
(mh) this is pretty interesting so what happen next
(aa) she said that since here friends weren't coming she can wast some time, so we walked around talked had some drinks and was pretty fun.
(mh) ok so lets skip a head a few months what happened next
(aa) after a few months of dating and messing around,she got pregnant
(mh)oh
(aa) yea oh so I got scared and left for a few months, she found me in parents restraint and told me, hay look I know your scared i'm scared too but you can't run like that, wither you like it or not your gonna be a dad so i'm asking you to please step up and be a man and help me.
(mh) she sounds like she told you what for so what happened next
(aa) I stayed we got married and my dauter was born five months later.
(mh) is she on based
(aa) yea shes with me in my quarters and I play with her daily
(mh) hm so what happened during your marriage
(aa) for four years it was perfect, and then I realized that people will come after them people that want me dead will harm my family,and I could not allow that to happen
(mh)so in order to protect them you decided to get divorced,how did she take it
(aa) she new who I relay was and she under stud why I did it, and was happy to see me worry about some one other than my self , and it felt good to worry about my family and there safety in steed of me litting some one kidnap them and do god know what to them.
(mh) well it seems like you finally started to care about others.
(aa) ya (Alex started to tear up)
(mh)Alex are you ok
(aa) no
(mh)Alex what happened next
(aa) sniff a few months after the divorce she was in a car crash and was killed on impact
(mh)........Alex I didn't know what.
(aa)it's ok doc i'm fine actual I fell alto better know, I mean I never thought about those days in years and it feels good to know that i'm not a full time monster thanks doc for the section.
(mh) um any time Alex(Miranda extends her hand and Alex shook her hand)
(aa) alright doc i'm gonna go to my room and cry for a few minutes so thank you.
end video log

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
(OOC) Frostlich1228, if there is any change to the dialog you want me to make, leave a post for me on my Members page and I'll put it in)

Video Recording, Room of Ayame Kasagi, X-COM med-bay

(One hour after Ayame talks with her doctor, Anna arrives, and the woman embrace, sobbing and asking for one another's forgiveness. They stay this way for several minutes, finally releasing each other as Anna asks Ayame if she'll ever forgive her)

Ayame: What are you talking about? The whole thing was my idea.
Anna: Yeah, but I'm the one who agreed to go through with it.
Ayame: But I pushed you into it.
Anna: No, you give me ample opportunity to back out! I'm the one who pushed you into it! And it was my memories that hurt you.
Ayame: No, it wasn't your memories, it was something else! And I knew the risks, and didn't warn you efficiently. And I didn't think about how something happening to me would effect others, especially you.
Anna: Yeah, but I didn't.....(chuckle) you...you realize what we're doing, right?
Ayame: Heh heh. Do you mean how we sound like two bratty sisters fighting over who's to blame.
Anna: Except we're blaming ourselves instead of each other. Kinda immature when you think about it.
Ayame: Speak for yourself, lady. Apparently, I'm only seven years old. (Ayame rubs the bridge of her nose and groans loudly) You can not imagine how humiliated I feel. Please tell me that no one saw me like that besides you.
Anna: Well, a few people tried, but you were so shy and timid, you wouldn't talk to them. It was kinda cute. (Ayame groans even louder) Other then myself, I think the only other person who could get you to talk to him was Joseph.
Ayame: Oh, right, the origami flowers. How's he doing?
Anna: He's worried, but optimistic about you recovering. I'll be sure to tell him you're okay once I leave. By the way, um.....who's Guì yīng?
Ayame: Guì yīng? She was my older sister.
Anna: Oh, I see. I believe I got a memoryof her from you. In it, you, a much younger you, is sitting under a tree in the arms of a slightly older girl that looks like you. It...it was a pleasant memory.
Ayame: Did you get her name from the memory?
Anna: Actually, you kept calling me that.
Ayame: (Ayame's face turns beat-red and she hides it in her palms) Oh, god. I...I, uh, I hope I didn't say anything embarrassing.
Anna: Well, you probably did, but its not like I could understand you. Besides, it was really sweet.
Ayame: Did you get any other memories from me?
Anna: A few, yes. I saw...the day...she...the day your lover...
Ayame: It was wrong of me to make you listen to me tell you about that day. To think you actually had to see it...
Anna: What they did to you, to Elizabeth, I never knew people could be so cruel.
Ayame: That's not true. I know you don't believe that, because I saw what happened to you, too.
Anna: Oh god, you saw that?
Ayame: Yes, and nothing you say will ever convince me what happened to you wasn't worse. What they did to me and Lizzy was terrible, but at least our torturers were safe in the knowledge that the two of us were just monsters. But its different for you. The men who held you, they were human, terrible, terrible humans, but human none-the-less, and you're human. They had absolutely no excuse. To say what they did to you was despicable and sickening would be an incredible understatement, and I am so, so sorry I stole that memory for you. It wasn't my place, and I just hope...I...I can never.....
Anna: Its okay, Ayame. Please, don't put any more thought into it. You didn't mean to see it, and if there was one person I'd be willing to share my secrets with, its you.
Ayame: (Wipes a tear from her eye) Thank you. (Looks at clock) Well, there are so many other things I'd like to talk to you about, but the doctor says I need to take a bunch of tests if I want to get out of here.
Anna: Alright, I'll see you soon. I'll let the doctor know you're ready.
Ayame: Thanks. And don't forget to tell Joseph I said thanks for the flowers.

(Anna leaves, and the doctor enters a few minutes later)

VulnusHarrow

(ooc)
I apologize, but for the next couple of weeks I will be unable to participate. I'm afraid real life has to come first, again I apologize.

Presariov

Name: Presariov Astaeri
Current Rank: Recruit
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Promotion: N/A
>[continuing CMD.exe log]
>[connected to network "SoA"]
>"[So, 'Spear of Athena,']"
>"[How do I know you're]"
>"[Not a threat to X-Com?]"
>"[Everyone's talking about]"
>"[you like your dangerous.]"
>....
>....
>....

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Death Log:

As you near Aribeth's bunk, a camcorder flips on. Her face appears, slightly concerned, but with a smile on her face.

Oh boy. Looks like I'm dead. Well obviously. I rigged this baby to my heartbeat, and it's programmed to go off as soon as someone walks into my room.

Well. I'm not quite sure what to say. If you want a minute of silence take one now.

There we go. Now I don't know if i died solo, or if i died with someone else, but I hope we can turn the funeral services into a party.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Come on! Sing with me!

Always look on the light side of life.

Heh, I need that playing at the party.

Well, in my locker you should find a few things that could be of use to XCOM. Mainly medicine and natural remedies. But, I do have a picture I managed to take of Rick and I. Could you place that on the monument? That would be swell.

Now. Remember what my parents told me. Friends don't let friends be asswipes.

As, probably never again, Aribeth off.

OOC: Hey everyone! That was REALLY fun. I've enjoyed every bit of it along the way. Keep the stories rolling, and expect some more, short, pre-recorded death logs aimed at different characters. Oh well, I'm kind of sad I died, I had a lot of stories to write and character arcs to create. If you want to use some of them for your characters, just send me a PM.

Thank you to Gahlo, who helped me write some co-op RP.
Thank you to ZombieSlayer, who has now juggled the weight of multiple characters at a time.
Thank you everyone, because I don't know what to thank you for.

Most of all, thank you ChristopherOdd, for creating a great season 2. Hopefully I can do this again in season 3. (Season 3? PLEASE????)

Keep the stories rolling.

Meaningofbread, off.

Edit: Holy crud, I just realized my Aribeth looks almost exactly like me. 0.o

Status
Not open for further replies.