X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grelite

Dear Space Diary,

In preparation for the next phase we have been... exposing... the new batch of test subjects to the Chryssalids. The unfortunate side-effect of all this should be obvious: we're running low on test-subjects again. I'd asked Glarbon not to use the Hootnams as targets for our troops to train on, but he figured we had plenty to go through anyway, and with the track-record on the troops' ability to aim, it would be no issue. I have made clear to him now that this is a case of severe I-told-you-so and he has ensured me he won't let the Mutons do the computations again next time.

So here we are again, sending out abduction teams to new places around this world. An unfortunate side-effect of this, however, is an increased amount of Sectoid casualties. They were our first triomph, and now the Hootnams can feel the same. Because of this I decided it was time to send in, perhaps, our most extreme experiment; the floaters.

After the discovery of the Sectoids and our slight modifications to guide their capabilities toward our goals, we did not run into any species with the psionic abilities we needed to much. After several cycles of wandering around the Galaxy, destroying useless species, one after another, we decided to try and use our technology to enhance an inferior species, to uplift to something worthy of being in our grand military. However, it failed to adapt to our genetic introductions and only the strength of a machine could make them worthy. They proved an aggressive and fast unit to field, great for striking fear into the local populaces of the planets we conquered next. They were failures, much like the Sectoids had become, but we now had a more thorough process of elimination.

At the same time a large part of the Hootnam world showed a massive decrease in resistance. Perhaps they are not as tough as our estimations suggested. However, this could help further motivation of the Hootnams. Now they might find new means of fighting us, as we start to push them into a corner. We will see if they can think ahead, now that we have given them a new challenge to face. When we know the results, we can start the next phase and when we do that, their real test will begin.

Rosen0x5

Name: Riki Maru
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: First Gaze
Mission Objective:
- Sweep the abduction site and identify threats.
-Neutralize all hostile targets.
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion: N/A
Journal Entry:

It is a good day, not only did everyone came back safely but I got a feel of the adrenaline rush during the mission. I along with Kessler, Silva, Zhang and Mama Bear had a great time assasinating those creeps. Our landing went smoothly, as we landed we scoured the area for contacts.

We later spotted a sectoid group skulking around, so we quickly reacted. Silva, Zhang and Mama Bear went into position to distract the sectoids while me and Kesler proceeded to flank the sectoids. Thanks to Zhang's supressive fire I managed to go around and take a shot at the sectoid, however as I previously had noted in my findings I did not get lucky enough to hit any vital organs.

After leaving one alien in shock Kesler flew across into cover and quickly took down the other alien. Then Mama Bear came running in right in the wounded alien's face, then just like that she took its head off. I was quite impressed by her brave charge.

Our 5 man squad then proceeded to advance further. As we grouped up and started to head further into the compound we spotted "Flyers", half machine half organic. I wouldnt mind watching an autopsy being done on that thing.

Silva managed to snipe one of them, while I advanced to take care of the other. When I took cover I could see it, watching me. It then started fleeing, but we chased. We were lead into another sectoid squad but after taking out the flyer Zhang had no trouble blasting them to bits with a rocket.

As we were getting ready to head back to HQ I approached one of the flyers bodies, out of sight from the others, it was some impressive handy work they did on them. I proceeded to remove metal pieces from it revealing the organs attached on the other side. I really love taking things apart to see how they work. Luckily I dont think anyone saw me, otherwise I might look like a freak.

Unfortunately I got called in to get to the craft so I had no time to loose. I wonder... could there have been a camera in those things? Could they merely be only scouts and the eyes of the real invasion? Only time will tell. Kessler and Silva got promoted, after I congratulated them on a job well done I went over to the Gym to let out some steam.

Hope the president has enough toilet paper in his bunker, this is going to be a long fight.

Dahlexpert

Name Alex Alcatraz
Sigh....well we lost our first country today, South America bailed out of the project and know i'm worried, because the country north of South America is my home, and I worry that north america will be there next target.

but off topic that damn officer training school finally opened, the engineers just had to check out the electronic crap and a bunch of other crap,and the wight coats Finnish researching the arc thrower and making that was a real easy,since its just a modified tazer. and the wight coats are also researching this thin called beam weapons, there all most done researching it i saw some of the plans for it and the second I saw "radiation", I panicked I knew that this thing has to be build off base because if this goes wrong it may explode.

So today was mission day I really didn't pay attention who went on the mission, but after a few minutes of the team scouting we met a new alien species. but I met this race all ready that's the alien species that shot me my first week here, but after the mission was over one of them got injured,so it looks like i'm gonna have my first live penchant to work on, and I will have follow Aribeths words to the letter on this one because it's a real person and he could die but with Aribeth coaching me he will be just fine.

Base Journal
Name: William Aronus Davin
[Audio Log Bootup sequence activated]
After several days of nothing happening, the council told Commander that South America withdrew from the project. This is horrible news. Funding's been cut, and supplies aren't as abundant as they were because of this. Commander seemed stressed when he was assigning people to today's mission. Once again, I'm getting left behind in this fucking underground hive. How the fuck am I meant to help people when I'm stuck in a place that has no funding, no wounded, and nobody needing help!? [breathes deep and several seconds of silence] Commander still hasn't reinstated the booze ban and I could really use a fucking drink. But I won't. I'll probably go help build the satellite uplink. Give me something to do other than staying pissed at the Commander. Looks like I'll just have to stay in this goddamn hive.
[Audio Log abruptly cuts off]

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 17 :

Today we had another mission, this time we went to Germany, They sent Five soldiers this time instead of Four, they send Kessler, Silva, Momma Bear, Maru, and Zhang.
The mission went well, once again no losses, however when they got back all the recruits were informed that South America had left the X-com Project, to think all those people are going to die just because their leaders don't want to offer us help anymore...it's a damn shame...

They Finally got that Officer training school up and running, now some of the higher ranked soldiers can learn how to lead troops, I think that would help out the squad immeasurably, giving the soldiers schooling on how to lead a squad is really important.

I Still haven't found Ayame, I have been looking everywhere, questioning everyone, I just can't find her, its like she just vanished...
It's all my fault, I shouldn't have made her experience the pain in my past, it still hurts so much, but I have had time to move past it, to numb the pain...
I should've known she wouldn't be able to handle it...
I asked An Joseph if he would help me look, he said yes and has been looking around the base just as much as I have, I didn't tell him exactly what happened, but I probably should, I think he needs to know...

That Girl Doctor, Rebecca, I think her name was, wants me to come down and tell her some things about my past, I said yes, hoping I could talk to them about what's going on with the Cryssalid, maybe I shouldn't though, they would probably tell Commander Odd right away, unless Doctor-Patient Confidentiality is still a thing when dealing this aliens that is.

*End of Recording*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Medical Journal for Ayame Kasagi, Entry #1

Subject's name is Ayame Kasagi, age...thirty? That doesn't seem right? Ahem, Ayame Kasagi, age, 30, height, 4' 11", weight, 92.5 lbs. Really, 30? Patient was brought in approximately sixty minutes ago by some concerned soldiers who said they found her in the old labs on the lower levels of the Base. Initial diagnosis was that Ms. Kasagi was having some kind of acute psychotic episode. Ms. Kasagi was examined with our new, advanced MRI, and was shown to have an unprecedented amount of neural activity, especially in the regions pertaining to memory, as well as the region that, thanks to recent examination of recovered sectoid brains, has been identified as possibly being relating to psionics. As I realize this base is secure, I doubt this is true, but if I didn't know better, I would say the subject was mentally attacked. Her colleagues feign ignorance as to what brought about her behavior, but they claim she was screaming about "someone being in everyone's head", which gives credence to my beliefs.

For now, Ms. Kasagi is being kept heavily sedated, as she is incredibly difficult to handle when awake. Oddly, she required a much higher dose then a normal person should have needed. She will be monitored closely.

Medical Journal for Ayame Kasagi, Entry #2

Ms. Kasagi has calmed significantly, but this has left us with a new problem. She has seemingly regressed far into her subconscious. She has not spoken a word since regaining consciousness this morning, and is like a child in the way she responds to stimuli. We fear whatever happened to her pushed her mind past its breaking point, and only by regressing was she able to cope. This type of defense mechanism can be difficult to treat, but given time, it should correct itself. To assist with her recovery, we have asked Ms. Kasagi's friends to visit her and talk about familiar topics to try and jog her memory.

Medical Journal for Ayame Kasagi, Entry #3

Ms. Kasagi has started talking again, however it is still difficult to communicate with her. She can seemingly only speak in Mandarin, requiring us to use an interpreter, and even then, there is some difficulty, as the interpreter tells us that Ms. Kasagi is speaking in a very old dialect she wouldn't expect one so young to know. Ms. Kasagi's friends have been most helpful, visiting her frequently and for hours at a time. Her most frequent visitor is Anna Stone, one of the soldiers who originally brought her in. Ms. Kasagi beams with delight whenever she comes in, though she refers to her as "Guì yīng" and seems to believes Ms. Stone is her sister. They talk for hours, a smile constantly planted on Ms. Kasagi's face despite the fact that she likely cannot understand a word Ms. Stone is saying. I wonder what made her make such an attachment to Ms. Stone and not to anyone else.

Medical Journal for Ayame Kasagi, Entry #4

We have had an unexpected complication with Ms. Kasagi. Late last night, while Ms. Stone was visiting, Ms. Kasagi suddenly started frantically telling Ms. Stone something in Mandarin, which she, of course, could not understand. Ms. Kasagi started crying and sounded as though she was pleading, but by the time we got the interpreter here, she was unresponsive, sobbing loudly and refusing to talk. She has since refused to have any visitors, will not talk to anyone, and is barely eating. We will not know what happened until she starts communicating again.

Medical Journal for Ayame Kasagi, Entry #5

Early today, one of the nurses entered Ms. Kasagi's room on her morning rounds and found the patient standing at the foot of her bed, examining her medical chart. To the nurse's surprise, Ms. Kasagi looked at her and asked when she could leave, seemingly having regained her sense of self. Upon questioning, Ms. Kasagi informed us that she has little memory of her time here in the med-bay, but feels she is fit to leave. She insisted on us calling Ms. Stone, and refused to cooperate with us further until we had. After reluctantly allowing the two to talk in private for over an hour, we completed several test on the patient, and though there are some concerning results, they are no different from her last medical exam, so we will be releasing her tomorrow.

Medical Journal for Ayame Kasagi, Entry #6

Ms. Kasagi has been released, with us knowing no more about what happened to her now then when she arrived. We requested she spend a little more time here so we can run some more tests, but she insisted she had "things to do". I recommended that she visit the psychiatric ward for an evaluation ASAP, and I only hope she follows this advise.

Kadratos

Name: Kael Kessler
Current Rank: Squaddie
Mission Name: First Gaze
Mission Objective: Neutralize all Hostile Targets
Kills this mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 2
Promotion: Rookie ---> Squaddie
Ability Taken: Fire Rocket
Journal Entry:
Things around the base got pretty bad, between the Commander selling a ton of research-able materials and all of South America backing out of X-COM, it seemed like we might not make it through this war, but all of these thoughts fell out of my head once I found out that I was heading off to Germany. The Commander had recently found a way that we can afford to send 5 soldiers on missions instead of four, so with me were Zhang as our heavy, Silva as our sniper, Momma Bear came as an assault deciding to go with a rifle instead of a shotgun, and fellow rookie Maru (who brought the medikit with us).
The combat started when Momma saw some sectoids and us rookies got sent to flank them. Zhang laid down some suppressive fire and must've done a great job at grabbing the alien's attention because he got hit by one of them. Rather than searching out Maru, Zhang stuck through it. It was also thanks to Zhang that Rikki got the first shot off and nearly killed the alien before I was up. I ran to a different cover and it was the first time I had seen these things live since Sarah. I had been worried at base about whether I would freeze up or miss and cause someone else to get hurt but when I saw those eyes, I remembered why I was here. I took aim and nailed that thing right in those eyes, a shot no sectoid would ever get up from. Momma bear came up next to Maru and finished off that first alien that was hurt. We all moved up to a gas station where we saw these new things, Maru had dubbed them "Flyers" but I think they look more like they're floating. Whatever they're called, they can't live without a head as we found out when Silva took one clean off. We all moved up a bit chasing down one that ran back when Silva killed its partner and we discovered that those things can shoot into the air and land somewhere else, even if it's right next to us! I would have been standing within 5 feet of that thing if I hadn't moved around to flank again, and even from my distance I was able to kill it easy enough since it was weakened. The mission ended when two more of those things showed up and Zhang blew them up and the car between them with a rocket. Seeing that explosion made me realize that I really want to be a heavy, it looks like I'll be able to do a lot of good.
Heading back to base the Commander sounded pretty impressed when he was talking about what we had managed to do, thinking back to all of the Commander's doubts about sending in a group of us who didn't have a lot of experience in the battle I remembered that at the end of the day it doesn't matter if we're in the 'elite' squad or not, as long as we get the job done.
Once we arrived I got a nice promotion and after putting in my two cents I was made a heavy, now there's three of us here although Zhang is in the medbay for a week. I should probably visit him for some tips on this new gun, it's definitely not an assault rifle after all.
On a closing note I was able to spend some time trying on different armor while the Commander was having problems remembering what color heavies are supposed to wear. All the different colors and trying different things on reminded me of Sarah. We'd go shopping somewhere and she'd have fun just trying on different outfits all day, even if we didn't have money to buy anything. Now look at me, sitting on my bunk getting all teary-eyed with other people in the room. Kessler signing off.

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

Off Base Two-Way Video Feed, Audio Log #5

Video Feed [1]: (Joseph Andrews) Thanks for calling back, Jessie. I'm sorry we had to cut our last call so short.
Video Feed [2]: (Jessica Andrews) I understand. I-it was because your f-friend was missing. Did you find her?
[1]: Yeah, but it took a while. Anna and I couldn't find Ayame anywhere. It was bad enough that she went missing right as a new mission was launched.
[2]: Where w-was she?
[1]: Well, once Anna was able to stop beating herself up, she remembered Ayame said something about helping someone in the old labs, and that made me remember talking to her in the old labs as well, so we checked there, and sure enough, she was there.
[2]: W-what was wrong with her? What h-happened?
[1]: I'm not completely sure. Anna didn't want to tell me everything, and she was so upset and sounded so guilty, I didn't want to push her. The doctor said Ayame had a mental breakdown.
[2]: L-like you did a few years a-ago?
[1]: No, hers was much, much worse.
[2]: B-but, Ayama is okay now, right.
[1]: I...I don't know. She isn't panicking anymore, but she.....
[2]: What?
[1]: The doctors say she's, uh, regressed.
[2]: R-regressed? L-like going back? What did she r-r-regress to.
[1]: Apparently, her childhood. I think I read about it in college. Its where someone has a traumatic, um, something really bad happens to them that hurts their mind so much, the only way their mind can deal with it is by going back to a more peaceful time, like when they were a kid.
[2]: S-so she thinks sh-she's a little girl!? That's kinda s-strange.
[1]: Yeah, well, Anna is really broken up over it. I keep telling her to stop blaming herself, but I'm afraid I'm only making her more upset.
[2]: M-maybe you should let Annie calm d-down. S-she's probably too upset to w-want to be con...con, uh...
[1]: Consoled? Yeah, you're probably right? I'll try and give her time. At any rate, the doctors said Ayame needs "friendly interactions" to help her recover.
[2]: Ooo, if she thinks sh-she's a kid, m-maybe I should talk to A-Ayama!
[1]: That's.....that's very thoughtful of you, but she can only speak Chinese for some reason. I guess that's all she used when she was that young. Regardless, you wouldn't be able to understand each other.
[2]: Then...then how are you going to talk t-to her?
[1]: I'm not sure. Maybe it won't matter if we understand each other as long as she hears a familiar voice.
[2]: W-well, I hope she gets better soon.....You said y-you had another fight?
[1]: Yeah, and it was another great victory. Everyone did great out their, including the new recruits. I was a little afraid about the Commander's ability to, well, command with his mother out there, but he did awesome as usual.
[2]: Even the C-commander's mom is fighting?! Wow! How strong is she? What does she look like? Is she the s-strongest woman there because sh-she's a mom?
[1]: Calm down, calm down. She's a soldier, like the rest of us, but I have seen her around, and she does seem to have that motherly charm.
[2]: .....(sniff).....
[1]: I know, Jessie, I miss her too.
[2]: I...I'm sorry. (sob) I...I...
[1]: You never have to be sorry for crying to me. I'll always be here when you need a shoulder to cry on.
[2]: (sniff) Th-thank you Joey. I.....I-I got to get ready for bed.
[1]: Right, I always forget about the time difference here. Have a good night, Jessie. I love you.
[2]: Thanks, J-Joey. I l-love you more. *End Transmission*
[1]: .....damn it, I forgot to ask her about the alien she mentioned. I hope I can remember next time...
*End Transmission*

svenska

Name: Svenska. Aaron. Whatever.

gotta be quick about this. they tossed my journal in here a while ago. by here i mean solitary confinement. i guess the higher ups were asking of my going M.I.A. it's pretty funny that they don't want people to know about me that much. i musta done some pretty fucked up shit for this to happen. but whatever. the officers probably don't check what we say in these journals anyway. they probably just see if we added an entry to make sure we're alive, because of all the soldiers. well, the more the merrier.

shit. guards are coming back. i can hear them. probably gonna take it. they say that i'll get outta here once the commander says so. i don't know why they would take my journal though. i guess in solitary they even isolate you from yourself.

Legion Crynet

Journal Template:

Name: Zhang
Current Rank: Lt
Mission Name: Operation first gaze
Mission Objective: Wipe out all aliens
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 2
Promotion: N/A
Journal Entry: Getting shot in the face by a hot plasma was painful but kept on going, I'm very worried about the commanders mother beening here maybe I should pay her a visit one day. However I will send my time off in the medic bay while commander uses my device I got. I do hope the commander will thank me alot from this I wonder if he will give me a new Female Sectoid to have around. I will ask him that in a email.

I still have my room sealed so only I go in, I also sent a email to the commander telling him about my room and if the other soldiers want to talk to me they will have to email me. I also want to point out that I never come out of my room unless its mission time.

Last email for the commander is that I don't eat normal food if it be ok with the commander that he sends me body's of the aliens that he has left over to my room via teleport so I can use them as food. Also if he finds an PSI alien I wish for him to give me the body's so I can gain their PSI powers. I need PSI powers I need them in order to survive.

End of Log

404GamerNotFound

Jasper's survivor's log
part 5
I'm so happy with the meatbags, they are deploying scrap metal in other words i get to shoot robots and gues what i fucking hate robots. i found something while we were looking around for supplies, it's a... well just listen to it: "Grelite i'm fucking pinned down. Just hang in there backstabber i'm going to get you out of there you're going to go home." does this mean that they are still out there? well if they are they will soon be safe. i have a search team ready to go, they are leaving tomorrow. we will find them and bring them to safety if they are still out there. in the mean time we will start to clear out the surroundings no meatbag will be left to tell the tale. anyway, it's going to take a while so i don't know when i'll write again, it may be next week or in three weeks i don't know. all i hope is that i'll be able to do so when i get back.

ps. i found a sniper rifle, awsome

Nukey

ame: Nukey
Current Rank: Sq.
Mission Name: none
Mission Objective: none
Kills This Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 3

requesting 2 weeks shore leave

VulnusHarrow

Name: Johnathan Harrow
Physical Status: Healthy
Mental status: Contemplative

Audio Log 5
We sent a team to Germany yesterday. I know a guy there, you want something smuggled you ask him. A nice guy if you get to know him.
Anyway, I'm going to head down to engineering today, see if I can help. I got a package from my little... I suppose I can't call someone who's six foot six inches little can I? Well I got a package from my younger brother today, haven't opened it, probably won't. Well I'll make another log tomorrow.
End of Audio Log 5

Cheesypower

Name: The Farmer

Current Rank: n/a

Pulled into port in Hong Kong. Everyone was very quiet as the ship was unloaded. The news of South America descending into chaos had hit everyone pretty hard, especially those who had families there. Refugees were pouring out of South America by the thousands, up through Central America by foot or setting sail on anything that could float. Many of the crew are holding out hope that their families were among the refugees.

I, however, need to find transport to the XCOM headquarters in the Pacific Islands. A contingent of workers is supposed to be shipping out at the end of the month for the base. Just need to hitch a ride.

///

Only a day left till we ship out, and I can't shake the feeling that this place isn't safe. There are these tall men in suits and sunglasses hanging around. Something seems very off abou

-------/]_//--////////////////_____________--------------------------*****

Thank the Lord Almighty, we made it out. I was in the middle of making a journal entry when the shooting started. I recognized the sound from Los Angeles; no human firearms make that kind of noise. Those tall, thin men had alien weapons and just started shooting; nobody seems to know what set them off. I was running for the ship when I heard screaming. Several of the workers meant to sail on the same ship as me were trapped by a fallen pile of beams. There was a lot of those green bolts flying at them, one of the guys got hit and his chest just vaporized.
Of course I had to help them. One of the guys had been pinned beneath one of the beams and was screaming bloody murder. I had to be careful as I lifted the beam off of him to keep from knocking over more. Lifting the beam created a gap large enough for the guys to get out through, a couple of them stopping to drag the guy away. I was about to drop the beam when one of those things turned the corner and stuck what I assume was a weapon in my face. I threw the beam at him on instinct. I was only lifting one end, so the thing swiveled and slammed into him, pinning him to the ground as the rest of the pile fell on top of him. I was running the instant I let go of the beam, but I was still caught in the fog of... something as the thing exploded. I was right on the edge of the fog so I made it out quickly, but I still breathed some of the stuff in. whatever it is, my lungs still feel like they were put through a furnace on full blast.
I had to carry the one guy who'd been pinned after the men helping him both got hit. Thinking back on it now, I should have been a lot more scared. The bolts were flying thick and fast, and there I was, huge bullseye that I am, in the open with an injured person over my shoulder. I thank the Lord for sheltering me from their fire, for only He could have kept me alive through that.
We were almost to the ship when we saw another of those things on the gangplank. It had grabbed hold of a woman and was trying to subdue her when she clocks it right in the jaw. Good on her. The thing tossed her away and was bringing it's weapon to bear when I reached it.
Just realized what happened next must have been hilarious from her point of view. Here's this thing, ready to end her life when out of nowhere comes this seven-foot-three, three hundred-pound monster of a man with a person slung over his shoulder, who then grabs the thing by the neck, whips it back like a football, and hurls it headfirst into the bay, then runs up the gangplank and disappears onto the ship!
heh. Funny what I find humorous these days.

I'm tired from running for my life. Those beams were freaking heavy too. I'll write more later. Sleep now.
...Sleeping on the floor again. I hate boats.

latrailkj

nickname:kj
audio log
....I have to say this, ever since I made it here things have been strange. Like a few nights ago some girl ran in to me. She was saying something i couldn't understand i tried to calm her down but she just ran.A few hours later some strange voice said to me "help me please".I followed the voice to some old part of base.There i found myself lost until i heard that same voice comeing out of a old lab atleat it look that way.i found myself looking at the same woman i that ran in to not to long ago. when i heard voices i hid in the cabinet. when the close was clear she was gone but i found something strange. wait whats it doing oh no oh no nooooooooooooo.
end log

Gahlo

Name: Rick Warren
NCL6

It's been a crazy difficult month.The South Americans on base are pretty tense, and for good reason. They entire continent is a black box... I hope they're okay. Seeing the board makes me worry about home. Yellow seems like a much more terrifying color when you've seen it jump to red, and then, switch off.

Spent a lot of time watching the eggheads in the lab lately. Doc dumbed it down for me and we're basically working on lasers. Their inner children must be dancing in their onesies. It's been a long project though. I can't help but feel that we're gonna need some better armor soon. What we have wasn't designed for plasma fire. Can something even be made to stop that? What do I know.

Thoughts on the last mission. I guess I'll start with the sortie:

Mommabear clearly doesn't give a fuck. Surprised that Sectoid didn't take a stock to the head. I don't want to think about growing up in that house.

Can't believe that piece of shit Zhang is getting field time. What the fuck does he have that made us pick him up? World gets to hard for his scum of civilization life and he whips a "get out of jail free card" from his ass. This is XCOM, not the Alien Witness Protection Program. Got his smug ass holed up in his quarters. Don't visit me without permission? The gall on this asshole.

Silva went out again. Didn't amount to anything special this time, maybe I'm just to used to seeing The Commander depend on his snipers too heavily. I was honestly surprised that he wasn't ordered to climb up the back of that open semi trailer that they landed near. It was nice to see Scruffson get some time off.

Kael had a strong showing. Haven't interacted with her much, so I don't have too much of an opinion on that front. Wait, doesn't she bunk with... uh, forget it.

Riki got the short end this time. He didn't down his target on his first shot and never got called on again. Gotta be rough, coming back and having your individual efforts go unrewarded. Has to put up with that pink armor some more, I guess.

All around, it was a solid display of flanking this outing. The Commander seemed a little over eager to give chase on the... Floater? Is that what we call them? If they showed more intelligence than a pitbull that could have been a very hairy situation. Especially if they used their apparent mobility more thoroughly. Glad to see the explosives trigger is getting pulled more often, regardless if the useless shit didn't miss his shot but luck out by blowing up a car.

Avoiding close contacts make it hard to find things to do, or even be productive when you do. Still not sure what I'm going to do about that but I'm going to need to decide soon. I'd rather decide wrong than too late.

I need to see the sun again, get some fresh air. Wish we had a pool... Maybe there is an aquifer. I know some people have been spelunking around. I should see if I can borrow some gear and check the area out. Alright now I'm just rambling so I should cut this off.

james love

Mission reveiw log 3/20/15

[log start]
The recent mission on all accounts... went very well and the minor injuries were at the very least expected but while people celebrate this recent victory I'm more concerned on these "floaters" these creatures appear to have had the ability to easily flank our troops but however it appears this ability is very restricted meaning it can only use it perhaps once a certain parameter of time is met... then the only thing needed to be concerned about is the parameter of time that is required.

Any way another mission here makes me feel like an unutilized asset... well open bar tonight so i guess its not to bad...
[log end]

BMPixy

[A/N: My logs for this week will be out of chronological order, considering the nineteen day time-skip in the last mission video.]

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--April Fourth, Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Today was mission day, again. First five-man fire-team to be sent out. Not sure why they haven’t done that before, if we always had the room on the Skyranger. The Triad guy we picked up in the last Council mission took a hit, but I guess they didn’t give him the ‘Heavy’ classification for no reason, considering he’ll be out for only about a week or so. Other than that, the only thing new to report about the mission was a new alien, something the Lab-boys are calling a ‘Floater’. And I thought the Sectoids and Thin Men were screwed up, this thing was horrendous. Half-beast, half-machine, all angry. They seem pretty squishy though, for all their augmentations.

Anywho, onto some other news. For instance, a couple days ago, Argentina and Brazil left the X-COM Project. Mayhaps this wouldn’t have been a problem if you know, they actually funded us, instead of only giving us money depending on which countries we protected. Stupid UN Initiatives and their pull systems. We could actually do our jobs if they gave us enough capital to buy a few more Skyrangers, launch all the satellites we need, get some top-of-the-line gear, some armored vehicles, and a lot more lab-boys and engies, among other things, but nope, they can’t even bother. Verdammt stupid. But, what can I expect from politicians.

There seems to be something else that I wanted to talk about, think it had something to do with base life. Can’t ‘member what it was for the life of me. Oh well, it’ll probably come back to me later. Gonna go out on the range again, gotta get the hang of the rifles, for as little as I’ll used them considering that the lab-boys are making laser guns now. That’ll be fun. No bullet drop, no leading, diffusion rates, I’ll have to re-learn practically everything I know about shooting.

Hmm, speaking of the lab-boys, maybe I could help out down there. After all, I do have a degree in plasma physics, if only a bachelor’s. Probably could be of use to them down there. Yeah, I think I’ll do that after I hit the range.

Foulke, out.

Status
Not open for further replies.