X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesypower

Name: The Farmer

Current Rank: n/a

Minor hiccup on my way to XCOM. The ship reached port all right. Problem is, the port was in the middle of a small war. Apparently some chinese crime organization had gotten really miffed for some reason. They were searching the dock for something - or maybe someone? - when chinese officials showed up. By the time we arrived, things had escalated into a full-blown firefight.

Even in the face of alien invasion and possible extinction, people just can't stop killing each other. I guess times like these make the perfect conditions for the scum of the earth to show their faces. All the more reason for the good people to stand up and fight.

We've been redirected to Hong Kong. Guess that actually brings me closer to my destination than I would have been before. Crew isn't too happy though. Most of the crew is either South American or Asian, and this jarring shock so soon after the news that both Argentina and Brazil have declared Martial Law has to be tearing them up inside.

Tonight, I add the family and friends of the crew to my prayers. No matter how horrible the few bad people can be, that doesn't change the fact that the majority of people are good.

zatch

Name: Zatch vilochev
Psy status: piss poor / Ment status: fine

got up. got dressed. and went to mess hall to go sit with Dahlexpert. but i guess everyone was busy or something so i sat by my self again....... i felt ...... Alone. but when i looked up at the top at the clock i had woke up way late. Guess i stayed up all night looking through everybodys journal to see if they put me in. unfortunatly there was zilch. so as i had nothing to do i went to go hang out by myself. but when i walked in to the bar no one was their i was so sleepy i forget that there was no one awake so the bar was closed. i suddenly remembered nukey would always wait at the bar early in the morning. i could barely contain my emotions.... i don't know why i barely knew him....sniffle*. Ayame satdown by me i don't know who or what we talked for a little bit and but i listened i think i got to know her better. i wan't to get to know her better she seem's like a interesting character.( I really don't know who to talk about in my logs so if you....yes....you the one sitting in the chair would please*1000 (*= multipyed by.) include me in your posts any one i would greatly appreciate it .... you can call me out if im doing something you don't like.) . so as i was running down stairs to go get some z's i slipped tripped and fell straight onto ...... a........ I beam they were takeing down to finish the construction site.someone picked me up and dragged/carryed me to the med bay.so thats why i am here. i guess i tripped in my tail...... i am soo tired ...... sleepy

*clacka

battery drained powering down.

Gahlo

OOC: Are these journals actually public record ic? I always thought they were exposition on the characters so they don't feel like mega strangers to us as writers. Also, if you want to get involved with a character, send them a PM about an idea for a conversation.

VulnusHarrow

Name: Johnathan Harrow
Physical status: Healthy
Mental status: Worried

Audio Log 4

I was walking around base, thinking about sending a letter to my folks when I saw a guy trip and fall onto an I-beam some of the construction crew were taking down to the construction site. Read the poor fellows name tag, Zatch was his name.
Lifted him over my shoulder and got him to the docs. Hope the poor guy is okay.
Just handed in my previous logs to the psyche doc, wonder if he's gonna think I'm crazy or something.
Any way, time for me to hit the practice range.

End of Audio Log 4

(ooc)
Zatch pm me and lets get our characters talking, it's about time my character started socializing.
Also I'm fairly new to this site, so I'm not sure how to do pms on it yet.

james love

name: James love
current rank : recruit
mission name: n/a
mission objective: n/a
kill this mission: n/a
total killed since joining XCOM: n/a
promotion: n/a

journal entry: 3/17/15

[log start]
well first day here and already new arrivals...anyway tried out the bar pretty decent , but strange liquors from europe or somewhere but hey doesn't matter to me all I need is a cold beer and I'm good. everyone around here seems trust worthy but im still uneasy about the others... anyway have a good my training and ever since I've been doing cardio on the treadmills and get use to these new issue rifles, these seem higher caliber then most military based assault rifles... but i was informed that as a new recruit the commander demands we wear pink armor on our first mission or at least are first promotion is obtained on mission. interesting name commander odd but he is my commanding officer so ill say no more about it.
This Nukey charector seems a bit to trigger happy for my taste ill keep my eye on him cause theres a fine line between eager and violent.
[log end]

ZombieSlayer85

[(OOC) The following conversation was written through corroboration between ZombieSpliter53 and myself.]

Video Recording, Camera G4-1S, XCOM R&D Laboratory 6X-2 (Out of Service)
March 17th, 2015

[Young, Asian female (height, 150 cm, est. age, 14-17) sits on an old chair, waiting. American male (height, 187 cm, est. age, 21-25) walks into room and sits next to woman. Several seconds of silence.]

Male: So, uh, everyone said you were looking for me. Why did you want to talk here?
Female: I had to come down here to do something for a...friend. I figured we might as well talk here where we can get some privacy.

[Several more seconds of silence]

Male: Look, Ayame, I'm really sorry, and I just hope you...
Female: Oh, shut up!
Male: E-excuse me?
Female: Why do you have to be like that. It makes this so much harder when your so....like you!
Male: I-I'm sorry.
Female: Stop apologizing! (Woman stands up and stands in front of man, hands on hips) Wèishéme nǐ yǒu zhème hǎoxīn? Do you even know what you did that you should apologize for?
Male: Yeah, I...I touched...I embarrassed...I...
Female: Exactly, you don't know, because you didn't do anything. In fact, you did everything absolutely right. I force you to drink with me, and then I start humping you like a bitch in heat. Then, after you choose not to take advantage of me, despite the fact that I was kinda trying to take advantage of you, I react by throwing things at you and kicking you out. And after all that, you're trying to apologize to me? Do you know how much more guilty that makes me feel?
Male: I...I'm s...
Female: (Points finger at man's face) I swear, if you say your sorry again, I'm gonna punch you.
Male: .....

[Woman sits back down, a minute of silence]

Female: ...sooooo.....when you said I was.....
Male: (Smiles) Beautiful? Completely meant it. How could I not?
Female: Well, considering how small...
Male: Now if I can't apologize when I did nothing wrong, you aren't allowed to complain about your appearance when there is nothing wrong with it.
Female: Or you'll punch me?
Male: Maybe.....but probably not.

[Pair start laughing together, starting with light snickers, then growing to loud, hysterical laughter]

Female: You (chuckle) You know, between you and Anna, I've really had to reevaluate my opinion of humanity.
Male: Well unfortunately, we're probably the exception that proves the rule.
Female: Well, thank you either way. And I am sorry. Believe me, I might be more promiscuous then a "proper girl" is supposed to be, but I'm no tramp.
Male: I know, I didn't think that.
Female: Don't worry about the essence thing, either. I won't ask you to do that again.
Male: ...well... (Nervously scratches head)
Female: Hm? What?
Male: Well, you did say that the aliens are messing with your energy level, so you'll need more eventually. And Anna's a great person, but she's not gay, so she probably wouldn't feel comfortable...
Female: And you would, huh?
Male: Well, as long as you really are bisexual, I wouldn't be completely adverse to it. And you don't want to do it with some random pervert here. (Chuckle) Better to stick with a pervert you already know.
Female: (Raises eyebrow and stares at man angrily for several seconds) Excuse me?! How dare you?!
Male: (Face turns red) N-No! I-I'm sorry, I didn't...
Female: (Smiles and laughs out loud) I'm just messing with you. (Lightly punches man on arm) And you make a good point. I'll keep it in mind.

[Woman stands up, grabs man's hand and pulls him to his feet]

Female: Come on, lets get out of here before someone gets the wrong idea. Lets go have a drink!
Male: I-I don't think...
Female: Just kidding. I promised Anna I'd...how do American's say it...stay off the...
Male: Lay off the Sauce.
Female: Right. Lets go see if Anna's had lunch yet. Maybe we can meet the new female recruit!
Male: (Chuckle) Sounds good.

[Both walk out together, talking and laughing]

james love

Name: james .c. love

Journal entry: 3/18/15
[log start]

I recently reviewed the first footage of the alien ship crash and it's very interesting how a ship that size could take such a beating you have many man made ships that in comparison are much larger yet in such a small craft that took such beating imagine a ship bigger then a aircraft carrier...

[log end]

Grelite

OOC: Are these journals actually public record ic? I always thought they were exposition on the characters so they don't feel like mega strangers to us as writers. Also, if you want to get involved with a character, send them a PM about an idea for a conversation.
I know people have been confused about this. I would treat it as follows: The journal entries are personal, no one should have access to another person's logs without their permission unless otherwise specified (emails to everyone, for instance, can be read by everyone, for obvious reasons). Just like everyone seems to be clear that the RP things I write cannot be viewed by anyone.

The purpose of these journals is to let others know what your character is doing so they can respond to that and note the results in THEIR journals. Most people here have it down well, so it's just to clarify.

Just an added note for Zatch: try to separate "out of character" and "in character". Publicly asking people to include you in your journal doesn't seem like something you'd yell across the cafeteria, this is an out of character statement. Same for asking people to highlight their names, as that is impossible to do in an audio-log. If you want to make statements like this you can simple include it at the bottom of your post, preceded by "OOC:", much like Harrow just did. This will create a clear separation of what your character thinks and does, and what you think and do.

GBenoreen

You all have my condolances for going to my home country. Although I haven't been in combat yet, i'm waiting a bit nervously.

jimark

Maldita sea! It's muy cramped down here, almost a month and no air? Do they expect us to stay here until we are needed, until the first team is all dead and they need more grunts? Doctor's not in so I'll just go back to the bar, como de costumbre.
Note to self: Hammer cushioned with play-doh to mask sound is faster than procuring key-card to armoury, discovered after accidental testing in disused lab 6X-1
Second note to self: I didn't hear anything. At all.
Third note to self: Japanese women are crazy.

latrailkj

name:kelvin jones
current rank:n/a
current mission:n/a

A few days ago some men came through town, they hit the old comic shop. I got a glimpse of one of them it look like an older man with a sniper i was going walk up but, bam. And I was out like a light. I woke up in a strange place, a man came up to me and said to me welcome to xcom

Name: Tyler Prohaska
Log type: Pen and paper

Just got done watching the latest replays of the current mission. It was flawless and thanks to the new courses we have been having on the base about cover and various types of cover you could see the commander made a push to protect the soldiers. Aribeth was amazing with pinpoint shots, Scruffy was his normal machine of death and the silent wonder Witkowski was a tornado of destruction. Since I have little to no knowledge of Meganmanx19 other than he didn't end up dead I will have to say he passes the test to.

After all of this it was interesting to sit down and watch others especially Ayame and Joseph who look like they have gotten more friendly which is great. That guy needs as much support as he can get with his sister being so far away, those two with Anna have formed a pretty tight knit group of Musketeer's which will make them a great squad without doubt. As for me I think I will go see the base shrink finally .... it strikes me that I may get through this war never having fired a shot expect at practice dummies. While I have my own demons it might be the best course to get myself right so that when this all ends I don't end up like Rambo.

After that I will probably see if I can track down Nukey or Joesph and catch a beer with them. Might be time to expand out again rather than sinking in, and of course I will stop by and say good job to Aribeth ...... in all honesty the death of Huey hit her pretty hard and it seems like maybe a friendly ear would be good. I know she spends a lot of her time away from the range at the memorial doing something that looks like penance but instead of prayers offering small trinkets.

I still am having my dreams.........and they still scare the hell out of me. Maybe this trip to the shrink is long overdue, also in an odd turn of events the Commanders mother joined up. To which end I have hidden all traces of milky way or other candy bars as I am sure she will be keeping an eye on us for the Commander.

END

404GamerNotFound

Jasper's survivor's log
part 4

Lady luck is looking our way, X-com picked up our signal, we found a some explosives and we've found some other people. We have got an incredible base: it's well defended, stacked with supplies and we even managed to clear out a landing space. Today we will attack the meatbags, we will blow up their entire building with the C-4 we found, it's going to be a big bang. if any soldier was out there during my last attempts to establish contact i hope he will tell the comander that the experiment is safe. we are sure none of the meatbags can get to it. i wish we could get out of here but that will have to wait. i've got to go blow stuff up now i'll be back as soon as we are done.

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 15 :

Today Ayame told me that she had done something with Andrews...

Sigh...
She told me that she had tried to sleep with him under the influence of alcohol, now, I wasn't very happy when I heard this, I told her in a stern voice that she needs to keep her temper under control, I told her that this is a Military base not a Collage Fraternity, she looked pretty sad about what I was saying, but she said that she agreed with me.
Now, I didn't want to yell at Ayame, it honestly hurt me a little yelling at her like that, but I did it because I want the best for her, I just hope I didn't hurt her in any way.
After that Ayame told me she had to go to the old labs to help out a friend, I didn't say anything about it though... I should've went with her, those old labs are dangerous and she could've gotten herself hurt...

Me, Andrews and Ayame all had lunch together not too long ago, we talked about this and that, while we were talking I couldn't help but notice Andrews staring into Ayame's eyes, I think he might be in love with her...I mean, I didn't even think she liked him at all, they were giggling and laughing at each others jokes and stuff, so I guess I was wrong about that assumption, I can't help but wonder if she loves him back or not...

I think I am just overreacting, just because they laugh at each others jokes doesn't mean they are in love...

But I just can't help but feel like I am pushing her away...

You know what, I am going to go through with that Hypnosis idea of hers, I trust her completely, She told me her past, now it's only fair that I tell her mine...

You know, I think I am going to end this Log a little short, I am going to try and find Ayame and tell her that she can preform the hypnosis on me...
I just hope it will be somewhere private though, I don't want everyone to find out about my past...

*End of Recording*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Historical Account #7:

I'm ashamed to admit that I had a fairly low opinion of humans for the first two centuries, mostly as a coping mechanism. If I didn't think that humans were below me, I'd have to deal with the fact that I wasn't one of them anymore. So eventually, I thought of them as little more then a lesser species. Don't get me wrong, I never fed off of anyone long enough to kill me, but I cared little for those I took energy from. Despicable, really, and counter productive: I acted that way so I wouldn't feel like a monster, but in a way, it just pushed me closer and closer to being a said monster.

All that changed that fateful day in England, when I found m dear Elizabeth Ashford. When she told me she chose oblivion over feeding off of humans, my opinion of humans naturally made me surprised. She set me right though, explaining to me that to absorb the essence of humans with little care for the people I hurt makes me far lower then any human. We were once human, after all, and would give anything to be so again. She made me ashamed of my actions, and pushed me to better myself.

Lizzy didn't exactly warm up to me immediately. After all, one shouldn't expect someone to be grateful for you saving them if they didn't want to be saved. She likely would have left me and found another cave to hide in if we hadn't discovered we could feed off one another. I wouldn't abandon her, though, no matter how much she pushed me away, not when she needed support, and not when I found someone I can connect to. She eventually warmed up to my kindness when she saw how devoted I was to her well-being, and we soon became friends, then close friends, and eventually, lovers.

We became inseparable after that, and I would have gone to Hell and back, climbed the tallest mountain and swam the length of an ocean, just to see her smile. We traveled the world together, me encouraging her to learn different languages like I had, she encouraging me to take an interest in the culinary delights of the world. And she never treated me as a child (a pet peeve of mine), with one exception. Whenever I would act immature, getting overly defensive about my size or letting my temper get the best of me, or just letting the sixteen year old brat in me out, she flipped her switch from passionate lover to disappointed mother. "If you're going to act like a child, I'm going to treat you like a child," is what she'd say. It was humiliating, to say the least, but it showed she cared, a caring I missed from my childhood so long lost. Its funny to think that I loved everything about her, even her scolding me.

Hm, remembering fonder memories has put me in a pleasant mood. Perhaps next time I should continue this by recounting one of the many adventures Lizzy and I had in our short time together. Now, which one.....

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: N/A
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--
{Video Log Transferred from Famicom Personal Video Camera}

A Caucasian male, of medium stature, with close-cropped black hair and dark blue eyes, sits on a mattress, holding a brown package on his lap.

Got this today, figured I’d dig up my old video camera that went with the recorder. Suppose I might as well record my unboxing of what is in this parcel, least I could do considering the effort it likely took to get here. But, ‘fore I open it, gonna read out loud the letter I got with it.

The man clears his throat, then begins to read.

“To Lance Corporal Richard Foulke, First Battalion, Fourth Company, Fifth Platoon, Jäger Squad, UN Peacekeeping Forces.

As stated in the Last Will and Testaments of Warrant Officer Nokrashy Amir, Őrvezető Stanislaw Grabovsky, and Ilbyeong Baik Dae-Hyun, a copy of their identification tags has been delivered to any members of their most recent fire-team who have survived them. Also, as stated in Ilbyeong Baik Dae-Hyun’s Last Will and Testament, ‘To surviving members of Jäger Squad, if they are present at the time of my death: I will a copy of the photo album I have compiled of Jäger Squad’s antics during their deployment in Operation: Feeding Hand, so they can remember the good times we had before I bit it.’ These items are present in the parcel delivered.

-Department of Peacekeeping Operations”

D-dammit, why did we agree to stick that clause in our wills? Didn’t we think that we wouldn’t want to be reminded that somebody that we depended on died on our watch? Scheiße...now I suffer once again for my stupidity, my cowardice. Had I died alongside them, no grief would have been thrust upon anyone. ...No, I don’t want to open this anymore.

The man tosses the package into a nearby corner.

I don’t want to remember the good times of the past, Baik. It would only cause bad times in the present....... And you, video camera, I’m done with you.

The man gets up and walks over to the camera, then the signal cuts out.

Dahlexpert

Name Alex Alcatraz
status depressed

sigh two days,two days iv been in South America, and i gotta say it feels good to be back at x-com, went to the mess hall and finally had some good food, sat next to zach and he was pretty happy to see me, zach told me we have a new assault named,momma bear and he told me that she is the commandersmom mom, so i'm gonna stay away from her.man I gotta say south america is getting messed up but if the commander is hell bent on saving it,then I think he should launch a satellite in Brazil since it's makes up most of south america, but right know I need sleep
logging off

Name: Jesse Cooper
Date: March 17th, 2015
Time: ~1300 hours
Good to see the team's combat effectiveness is still 100%. They wiped the floor with those little space critters! I almost feel bad for 'em. Eight more sectoid corpses were brought back to base. I wonder if we can take one and mount him on a wall, start collectin' trophies. The guys back home would be so jealous.​
While in the hangar, I heard the fly-boys joking about how the commander is gonna get his ear pulled around by "Momma Bear." I don't know that call-sign, but if I had to guess, I'd say that some higher up or something is coming to base for inspections and ain't too happy about the panic in South America. Guess I better shine my shoes and tuck in my shirt. Gotta put on a good show for the suits in charge.​
***RECORDING ENDS***

Gahlo

Name: Rick Warren/Aribeth Dusk
Current Rank: Rookie/Corporal

A quick search of the gym finds Rick grappling with another recruit on the mats, decidedly with the upper hand. It isn't long before he ends up victorious.

Rick: Best 3 out of 5?

Aribeth: Hey Rick, been looking everywhere for you.

Rick: Gimme a moment.

Turning his back to the mat, he walks up to Aribeth.

Rick: That didn't take long, when did you get back?

Aribeth: Just now, it was an amazing mission. Everyone got promoted.

Rick: That's awesome, last I heard you guys were headed to Argentina. Didn't even expect you to land there yet.

He shifts his weight, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Rick: So, uh, what did you need me for?

Aribeth: It's that uh... um..

Aribeth proceeds to blush a bright red.

Aribeth: Give me a second here!

Turning to his former sparing partner, Rick waves him off.

Rick: Sorry man, this might take longer than I expected.

Aribeth attempts to change the subject

Aribeth: Ah! Who are you um... sparring with?

Rick: Oh, that was one of the air mechanics. Been a while since the Ravens were sent out, so he's had more downtime lately. Though now that he's gone it looks like I'm done.

Aribeth: Oh! That's great! Yeah.... Well... Um....

Aribeth's face has now become fully blushed.

Aribeth: You know what? I really have to go... Runner training! Priority! Yup!

Rick: Watch out for the zombies!
(Mutters)

Aribeth: Yeah... You too...

OOC: Lines written by their writers.

Dahlexpert

Name Alex Alcatraz
status nervous

Well I talked to Aribeth, I asked her if she can give me medical training.and she gave me this odd look like she thinks i'm up to something. but she said shell teach me, and I have to fallow her every word to the letter, why do I feel like I just made a deal with the devil.but that look man I've been through drill instructors,drug lords and a lot of intimidating people.but look was more intimidating then all those combine.and I love that,that means she will not go easy on me and I can't wait to learn from her

(ooc) if there is any thing I could change, please let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.