X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Personal Audio Log, March 16th, 2015, 12:00 pm

What a day. It started with me looking for that Shòu rén. In my search, I happened to hear a struggle in the food storage. I'm not sure what was going on, but I found Foulke unconscious near the freezer. He was on the verge of hypothermia and I could tell that he had at least one broken rib. I hefted him on my back and carried him to the infirmary, ignoring the looks people gave me as I ran past them. I was told he'd be okay. I'll have to remember to ask him what happened the next time I see him.

Then, Operation Flying Dirge. The troops land in my neck of the woods, only about 100 miles from where I was born. Things didn't go nearly as well as the last mission. I knew the Commander was pushing Scruffy too hard, and it showed today. Whats worse, we lost a man, the first of many casualties, I'm sure. I didn't know Kruthas, but I'll be sure to visit his memorial. Aribeth is incredibly broken up about it. I guess she requested not to go on the mission, and now she's blaming herself for Kruthas' death. She completely inconsolable right now, but once she calms down a bit, I'll sit down with her and tell her why it isn't her fault, and that she should blame the aliens, not herself.

Then, surprisingly and somehow not surprisingly at the same time, several of the aliens looked just like the Shòu rén that's been causing so much trouble on base. I knew he was one of them. Luckily, I talked to the Spear of Athena AI, and he...she?....it?....the AI said it had analyzed the Shòu rén's bio-signature, and after he left, the AI programed the sensors to automatically go off as though a bio-contaminate has been discovered if he returns. This would result in him being searched, and I'm sure there is something about him that would give him away.

Finally.....(sigh).....another new alien was discovered. It looked like a strange, human sized insect made out of crystal. I had a suspicion seeing it on the monitors, but when they carted in it's corpse when the guys got back, I was sure of it; it looks exactly like Anna's figurines, exactly like what she describes her picture looking like. I searched for her after that, wanting to tell her to stay away from it, but I was too late. She stood there, staring at it in the research labs as though she was hypnotized. I tried to get her attention, shaking her shoulder and asking her to talk to me, but it didn't work. Then, I...I reached for her face, hoping to turn her head towards me, and she swatted my hand away, shouting "Ебля оставь меня в покое!"

I.....I know something was wrong with her. It has just been so long since I've had someone I care about yell at me. I'm sure she didn't mean it, though. (Deep breathing) I'll have to hide how upset I am. I can't let her know she hurt my feelings. She'll need my support. What's wrong with her is more important then my feelings right now.

Dahlexpert

Name Alex shock rem
Current Rank trainee Mission Name n/a
Kills This Mission n/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM n/a
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

March six teen two thousand fifteen

Well i finale made it to X-COM I gotta say this facility is pretty awesome base .and being ex military iv'e seen a lot of bases but this on is pretty bad ass. i met my new co Christopher Odd hes a pretty lay back guy fits my stile. i gotta say one look around here and i can tell i was at home. that i finale me people like me willing to sacrifice them selves for humanity well most people . some look depressed about some thing outhers look fired up. well being from Maryland I never seen people this excited even when i was in the military. i cant wait for my first mission to finale see what these aliens look like.

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

Well, today was something. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is depressed with a capital D. I don't blame them. Its never easy to lose a man. I feel a little guilty saying that I'm relieved it wasn't Aribeth. Does that make me a bad person. Is it my fault she didn't go, because of what I said. What right do I have to try and influence who lives and who dies. Man, now I'm depressed. I'll be sure to check on Aribeth, maybe she can make me feel better, she's stronger then me.

Ayame seemed really down, too, but I got the feeling it was for something different. I'm usually good at reading people, I'm sorta empathic that way, but considering how awkward I am when talking to women, I might cause more harm then good. I think I'll leave it to Anna. She always knows how to cheer Ayame up.

Finally, I saw that Foulke guy in the med-bay, and he looked messed up! He seems like such a tough guy, who could have done that to him. Whats worse, do we have soldiers that are willing to hurt one-another here on base? Its probably none of my business, but I want to know what happened to him!

Anyway, everyone is feeling down. Even Tyler seems more quite then usual. I think I'll start encouraging everyone to visit the psych ward. The last time I saw Dr. Parker, he said he had a whole bunch of therapist coming in. I know quite a few people here that could benefit from and appointment. In the mean time, I have an appointment with my own personal therapist in a few hours. I told her last time that we'd talk more about her this time, so I'll have to keep that in mind.

One last note: I haven't seen that tall guy all day. I hope he's gone, he creeped me right the fuck out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical Log of Chief Psychiatric Officer James Parker, PHD
March 16th, 2015, 01:14 pm

My psych ward has been flooded with appointment in the last several hours. I myself have wall to wall appointments with my first starting in fifteen minutes and lasting until midnight. The death of a soldiers will have repercussions that will last until the end of the war. I've put in a request to the Commander Odd to give Scruffson some much needed times off, as well as asking Scruffson to make an appointment with me personally. I have quite the work day ahead of me. I hope I can alleviate the worries of at least a few of the soldiers I talk to today.

Dahlexpert

Name Alex Shock rem
Rank Trainee
My first day here and i see a lot of sad faces so i asked around and Anna told me that we lost Huey Kruthas and i should have realize what those faces ment but i dent .so i went to the bar and I saw this chick named AriBeth she looked real beaten up and so I said to every one. that yes we lost a man to day but we all new the risk when we signed up. but we don't fight for dead the we fight for those that are stile alive and we honor the fallen buy wining battles. and it will get worse some of use may never come back to this bar. but we will fight and i hope all of you will keep your resolve and never lose focus. be cause if we stay focus we will let the enemy fear us. and i hope what i said will fire every on up and make them want to fight .

a few hour went by and i went to the labs and there it was an alien corps right thereand next to it there was some one there . a solder just standing next to it. her tag said Anna Stone and she looked posed by it I no that look its called the devil sight were you be come made and reckles on the field I think Odd should keep an eye on that solder

Hueyk

Name Huey Kruthas
Current Rank Squadee
Kills This Mission n/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM 3
Journal Entry:

I've got a big mission coming up tomorrow. I'm not sure why, but I'm very nervous about this one. I think it's because there will be a civilian involved. I hate baby sitting jobs.

I hope that this doesn't get out, but I traded with another recruit to get a bottle of whiskey. It's been weeks since I've had a drink. I know Commander Odd prohibited the use of alcohol, but I always drink a few shots the night before a big op.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................

I dunt knoow whyy butt i drunk the wohle bttle. I rellay hoep that it dnot afffeect me tmmorrow.

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone
Time: 12:27 PM

Non-combat Log 12, Pt. 2 :

Don't...Think...About...It...

whoo...
I think I have got it all out of my system now...

Well lets do this again proper, I heard what happened on the mission, our first casualty, one Huey Kruthas.
I did not know him very well, but it is still a shame, also now everyone is going to be drunk off their asses for the next missions so more people will end up dead in whatever mission they are out in (Sorta a Brutal cycle).

Ayame came in and explained to me what happened, but something happened to her, her eyes were watering a lot when we talked, like she was about to cry, lets hope she just poked herself in the eye or something, I really hope I didn't hurt her...
She told me that the Tall man would not be coming back (Apparently the other recruits are calling this race of aliens "Thin Men".
I think the name "Tall Men" is better though but whatever...) and that the A.I. had locked it out, I sighed a long sigh of relief when she said that.
I told her that I think that the Tall Man had somehow...Stolen my Memory, Because how else would they know we were going to get that device? I am not sure what she thought about my theory though, but I would imagine she agreed with me, she always does.
She asked what happened with the creature that I had stood next to for so long, I told her that a strange sensation flooded over me when I saw it, every time I touched it my skin would start to tingle in such a way that I would almost be brought to my knees, it felt that good, when I stared into its eyes, I think I heard something in the back of my mind, it was very faint, but I could hear screams, Painful, Death screams, the screams worsened and grew louder the more they examined the corpse, I think I even heard a very faint..."Help Me...", then all of a sudden, they stopped.
She told me not to look at it, and not to go back down there, I told her that I wouldn't go and see it again, lets hope I can actually keep that promise.

Commander Odd also sent us emails saying that the base does not have enough individual rooms so everyone will be getting roommates, I guess I am going to be the first one because during our conversation this Chinese guy walks into my room and slams his bags on the nearest table, Ayame seemed to know him and was pretty surprised he was here, and so we all talked about this and that, he said his name was Zhang, and that he thought it was ironic that he ended up in X-com at the same base as a person he had helped get into X-com. So this is the guy who helped Ayame get into X-com huh?
Got to admit, he is not bad looking, his hair is white but its probably died that color, I should ask Ayame how old he is, because I kinda have a thing for scars...

Oh my god what am I talking about...
Why am I acting Nineteen all of a sudden?

By the way I have noticed that Ayame and Andrews have been talking quite a bit over the past few days.
He is probably the nicest American I have ever met, But I haven't talked to him too much lately, maybe I should later today...

*End of Recording*

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

Excerpt from Personal Recording Device:

[Ayame Kasagi]: Anna seems to be back to her senses, thank goodness. It seems she has doesn't remember slapping my hand or yelling at me, and its best to keep it that way. After all, she didn't mean it. I am concerned, however, with the fragmentation I've seen in her memory. When she gave me her essence, I saw a number of her memories, but there was one memory that had huge holes in it, and her recent encounter with the, uh, "Thin Man" is what I think we are calling them now, and our talk earlier worry me. I know a few hypnotic tricks that might unlock some of those memories, and I'm hoping she'll let me record her since she wouldn't remember being hypnotized. I think I hear her in her room...(walking)...I'm sorry to bother you again, Anna, but I.....what the Hell are you doing here?!
[Shaojie Zhang]: Well, nice to see you too, princess.
[AK]: Why are you in Anna's room?!
[SZ]: I think you mean, mine and Anna's room.
[AK]: What?
[SZ}: Anna had a Russian accent. So, how did she like the Baklava?
[AK]: That's none of your business. I told you not to ask any questions about that.
[SZ]: I talked to her for a spell. She seems to like you, but I can see from your face you like her even more. Did you tell her everything.
[AK]: Maybe. Why do you care?
[SZ]: Did you stick your tongue down her throat yet.
[AK]: (Gasp)...I...y-you...fucking pervert...
[SZ]: (Chuckle) Your blushing face answers that question.
[AK]: SHUT UP! She's not like that! She isn't even attracted to me the way I'm.....just, shut up!
[SZ]: So she is straight, huh?
[AK]: Oh, you can not be serious. You're old enough to be her father.
[SZ]: Well, maybe she likes older men. Besides, you're old enough to be her Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother, and that isn't stopping you from lusting after her.
[AK]: I think you missed a few greats. Anyway, what you doing here, anyway?
[SZ]: Part of the deal. I give XCOM the alien artifact the boss found, and they let me into XCOM. Didn't even have to get a handsome devil to get me in.
[AK]: Y-you stole it from the Triads?! Are you insane! After all the years you've been with them, you of all people should know the consequence of something like that! They'll kill you! I mean, with all the reporters running around, this base isn't the most secret place to hide.
[SZ]: Your concern for my safety is touching.
[AK]: I'm serious. What if you bring down the wrath of the Triads on us. We have enough to worry about with those freaks, we don't need to fight humans too.
[SZ]: Commander Odd has assured me that he will make sure that doesn't happen. Don't you trust your Commander? But, if you really are that worried, you could always keep my history just between the two of us as much as possible, and that includes with your precious Anna.
[AK]: I'm not keeping secrets from Anna.....but I can keep quite about it with everyone else, if...
[SZ}: If?
[AK]: You keep your grubby mitts off of Anna. I know how much of a seductive womanizer you can be, and I don't want you hurting her.
[SZ]: You flatter me.....you have a deal. But I can't help it if she hits on me.
[AK]: Well, don't count on that. Anyway, I need to find her.........and, uh, its good to see you're alright. You might be a pushy, smart-ass pervert, but I'd hate to see you kick the bucket.
[SZ]: Don't worry, shrimp. I'll probably outlive you.
[AK]: DON"T CALL ME SHRIMP!!! God, why did I bother...damn it, I forgot this was on...

*END RECORDING*

Sir Aroun

Conversation Log [Anna & Zhang Room Console / 03/16/2015] Playing ...
"[AK]: DON"T CALL ME SHRIMP!!! God, why did I bother...damn it, I forgot this was on..."
SoA appears on console
There you [Ayame Kasagi] can I talk ... I am sorry to interrupt. Is this a bad time?

... Log Paused
( OOC: sorry ZombieSplitter53 to keep handing you the story stick but I don't know how to do you character well and have done mine near perfectly)
( OOC: P.S. SoA whats your help with the thing in the old lab, as well as just make small talk with its new friend, he may also bring up that Zhang put in the "wrong" DoB if it comes up.)

Base journal 3

Name: William Aronus Davin

The base is filled with a somber air. The recent loss hit everyone hard. I swung by techlabs today because I'm honestly pretty curious about this "Spear of Athena" Commander mentioned. I saw Dr. Vahlen and she didn't seem too shocked about the recent loss. She must be used to it by now. It scared me. A fellow human life was snuffed out earlier today. I don't ever want to become so desensitized that I won't be effected by a death. I left shortly afterword. It stands to reason that since this "Spear of Athena" is an AI program or something I could send an email to some fake account and it would see it. Theoretically anyway. I think.....
Saw Foulke in the med bay and holy shit did he look bad. I wanted to ask him what happened but I decided against it. In that condition, he's gonna need all the rest he can get. I'll swing by later on with some books or something. Give him something to do.

Passed Joseph in the corridor and he seemed oddly happy. He said he's just been visiting the psych and it's helped. I might have to go see the psych sometime too. It might be a good idea after recent....events.

*silence can be heard, interrupted occasionally by the sound of a clicking of a mouse*

Hmmm. Commander's saying everyone's getting roommates to save space.
Let me go ahead and send that email to this "Spear of Athena" since I'm already on here.

Damn. I hit send by accident. Ah well. Whats done is done.

*a slight rustling can be heard*

Damn. Room's kinda a mess. I better clean it before my roommate shows up. Don't know who it's gonna be and I really don't care. As long as they keep the room somewhat clean, I'll be perfectly fine. I can handle a little mess.

Nukey seems to be somewhat thankful I headed him off before he could get to the bar. He's a good guy. I don't know if he has family waiting on him somewhere, but it'll be a good thing if he doesn't go back an alcoholic. Kid's a damn good gamer though. I don't play many shooters but he's got some skill.

Met a new recruit named Alex. Said he's had some military training. Guy looked kinda amazed about how big the base was. Seemed like an alright man. Seems like XCOM's still recruiting. I don't blame them.

Anyway, better end this here. I gotta clean before the new roommate gets here. First impressions and all that.

-Audio Log deactivated-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: s*****@hotmail.com

Subject: Introductions

Hell. I don't even know if this is gonna work. I mean, does a Self-Sentient AI even "think"? Whatever. I'm gonna try anyway.

First off, pleasure to "meet?" you Spear of Athena. My name is William Davin. I don't know "who" you are or if you even know the people in this base. I don't know who much access you have to the base's tech or computers so I'm going to assume you don't have access to almost anything. I'm honestly curious. I mean, how does an AI get into a top secret world military base without the higher-ups knowing about it? What are you meant to do?

What am I doing? I feel like I'm talking to a computer screen. For all I know I could be. Whatever. Now that I think about it, you're not even going

Sir Aroun

To: s*****@hotmail.com

Subject: Introductions

Hell. I don't even know if this is gonna work. I mean, does a Self-Sentient AI even "think"? Whatever. I'm gonna try anyway.

First off, pleasure to "meet?" you Spear of Athena. My name is William Davin. I don't know "who" you are or if you even know the people in this base. I don't know who much access you have to the base's tech or computers so I'm going to assume you don't have access to almost anything. I'm honestly curious. I mean, how does an AI get into a top secret world military base without the higher-ups knowing about it? What are you meant to do?

What am I doing? I feel like I'm talking to a computer screen. For all I know I could be. Whatever. Now that I think about it, you're not even going

To: WAD1@XCOM.Internal_Net

Subject: Re: Introductions

Yes I can think, I am Self-learning, Sentient, Combat A.I. Made for XCOM [1963]. It is nice to meet you [William Davin].

Dahlexpert

Name:Alex shock rem
Rank trainee

My first day here at X-COM didn't go as plain I mean my first day here some one died so lets see how my second day goes. I took a shower put on some close and went down to engineering and what I saw was breath tacking a little dirty but it felt like home. i met Dr Shen he showed me around the place. and then i saw this beautiful women the flag on her back id her as a Russian so i introduced my self but she gave me the cold shoulder.after meting um Anna Stone I went to the armory and messed with some of the guns practice on my aim the machine gun i'm used to assault rifles shot guns and sniper rifles i still need to practice with. I went to central command and i saw that Russia and Egypt are on yellow so i asked central commander what did that mean and he said that means that there about to leave the project .so I asked Commander Odd to go to Russia because if we lost Russia we lose most of the planet and Russia is offering an assault Sergeant and we need people and our Commander makes the right choice.

404GamerNotFound

Jasper's survivor's log
part 3

Fuck, they are all dead. Chloe and me are the only ones left alive. When we got back from our trip to find a radio we found everyone fucking dead. They even took our "cargo",luckily the v.i.p. is still secure. The meatbags ambushed us, i mean yes we knew something was wrong when people in black suits were standing outside the building but we did not expect them to be meatbags. anyway the meatbags are going to pay for this. we are hiding just outside the city but we are running low on supplies. x-com needs to come gut us or we are fucking toast. Worst of all i'm starting to get sick and we realy can't use that right now. on the bright side Chloe is still with me, i wish we were at home. we did find a radio, i hope x-com picks up the signal. commander odd can't just leave us out here can he? i'm starting to get worried. i have got to catch some sleep now. i'll write again as soon as we wake up.
Please don't leave us here commander please pick us up....

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

Well, Jessica had to cancel our video chat for some reason. I know its probably nothing, but I can't help but worry. What if she's sick? What if something happened with that little demon of a step-brother? What if they came for her? I'm sure she's fine, but I'll be on pins and needles until I can talk to her again.

On a lighter note, we've all been assigned roommates to cut down costs and make room for new recruits, what with construction of the new Officer Training School starting today. I was hoping I'd be paired with Tyler, but I wasn't. I was, however, paired with another friend: Ayame. I didn't expect for the room assignments to be co-ed, though I probably should have. We're not children after all. I was worried, though.

Anna stopped by to talk for a while. We haven't got to know each other much, and I got the impression she was avoiding me, for various reasons, I'm sure, but mainly because she doesn't like Americans. I don't blame her, though. I'm sure she has her reason, and just because I'm American doesn't mean I don't think my country has one too many bigoted, ethnocentric douchebags that think being American means they are always right, not caring if the give us good Americans a bad name.

However, despite any misconceptions that might have come from our initial meeting, she's an awesome woman. I can see why Ayame likes her so much. Brains and beauty, she's the real deal. So we talked for a while, she talked about her figurines and I about my origami. I talked about Jessica, and Anna said she hopes to meet her some day. Then I brought up Ayame, telling her I was going to be sharing a room with her, and that I've never had to share a room with a girl, and if she had any advice, it would be welcome. She told me it was important to be nice to Ayame, but not to the point where I'm treating her differently just because she's a woman. There's nothing worse then patronizing someone. She also said I can avoid Ayame's temper if I don't bring up her height or young appearance.

With that advice in mind, we said our farewells, and I finished packing my gear and trinkets. When I made it to my new room, Ayame was talking to someone on the computer. I'm not sure who it was, there was no one on the screen, it just had SoA in bring letters. She finished up when I came in, and I told her I was her new roommate. She was surprised, but I can tell from her face that she already knew it wouldn't be Anna, which means Anna must already have a roommate. She seemed beat, though. Not physically, but mentally, like she's been through a lot in a short amount of time. I would have asked, but I figured if I was sharing a room with her, I should let her tell me on her own time. She asked me if I'd seen Anna, and I told her I just talked to her. So she took her leave to look by my old room. Not the best of starts, but I'm hopeful it'll get better.

Dahlexpert

Name Alex shock rem

states still getting us to things

Well i'm finely done looking around the base finely made it to my room and that Russian chick was in there for some reason .and the second she saw me she demanded me to leave but I showed her my room number and she got even angry er.said she dent want to share a room with an american.and so I asked her what does have against Americans she said were laze unappreciative and that things where handed to us that pissed me off. so I told her that her view of Americans was way out of place I told her that america was not a paradise I told her america had its own problems we had a corrupt government that was filled with senators that took our tax money and spend it on them selves and they raise gas and food prices just for the hell of it . and our former president got our country so far in dept that it was damn near then the great depression. and then I told her that we people killing each other for no reason. and people that are so far in dept that they lose there homes and there children.and I told her if she ever call me an ungrateful american again I will hurt her. and after saying all of that I left the room .

(I cant believe i lost it back there but I hate when people from another country think we have it easy and we don't)

ps: I saw a picture of my daughter to day god its march seventeenth today will make her three years old today I pray to god that after this invasion is over I can see my dear Maya again.

Dahlexpert

Name:Alex shock rem
Status uneasy
Well damn I fell kinda bad for yelling at Anna well not entirely bad I just hate people for hating Americans when they don't know about our country but that's not the point of this journal I fell like a simple i'm sorry isn't good enough. so I asked her to dinner not as a date just an i'm sorry dinner. and to make sure no rumors start going around about this or Anna going soft I decided to ask Aribeth to come to and just for kicks because i'm still trying to make some friends I also invited Andrew. hopefully this doesn't go terrible wrong. wish me luck ps; there will be no liquor

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Physical Status: Healthy
Mental Status: Shaken

Non-combat log 12:

Log Format: Video

The room appears to be dark, halfway lit with florescent lighting. Aribeth's face appears, attempting to maneuver the camera to an optimal angle, without blocking the ice-cream she seems to be digging through.

Ok. All of this has got me thinking. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going through.

Survivors guilt, right?

Sorry, about the dessert, ice-cream is the only way I can calm my brain down enough to think properly.

Ok, right now it's about midnight, and I hope I didn't wake anyone up while recording this.

Aribeth takes a pause to take another bite, clearing her head up a bit more.

I guess in a way, I came here to redeem myself. So Huey, this message is for you.

OhgodI'msosorrywhydidIdothatIwasatotalcoward.

Is that enough? I hope that's enough. It's probably not enough.

(After some more bites, an idea seems to spring to mind)

I'll do what my dad did when we moved into Jerusalem and my uncle died in the ensuing conflicts there after.

I'm going to sit by the memorial, and make origami figures, until I can not think of any more designs.
I will continue this every day, until the next mission.
And on that day, (I will go [expletive deleted]) I will bring the best one with me.

This is my repentance.

This is my apology.

This is my excuse.

Aribeth, off.

BMPixy

Hello! Welcome to the Famicom Audio Log Recorder Log Database! What would you like to do?
>Load log.
What is the log date?
>2009-12-25
Loading log now!

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Private
Audio Transcript:

--December Twenty Fifth, Two Thousand and Nine--

AF: ‘Ey, guess who finally ‘cided to join the party!
RF: Sorry I’m late, got held up by some of the squad, insisted on me having a pint with them at some pub down the ways. Declined them, as you can see.
AF: Well, glad you could make it anyways Richie.
RF: I thought you stopped calling me that back in '04, Al.
AF: Bringing it back, baby! And speaking of babes, I’d like you to meet my ladyfriend. Jane, Richie, Richie, Jane.
JP: Nice to meet you, your brother has told me a lot about you!
RF: Knowing him, probably wasn’t my best moments...So, anybody else due to arrive or just us tonight?
AF: Nah, just family and hopefully soon-to-be family.
RF: Well, you’ve certainly got plans for the future.
AF: Hey, somebody has to capitalize on what you’re fighting to protect.
JP: Well, how about we get to dinner? Got a nice Christmas feast ready for us tonight.
AF: Hoo boy Richie, you have no idea what you are missing out on. Janey can out-cook any chef this side of the Channel.
JP: Albert, please...
RF: And apparently she’s modest too! You happen to have a sister?
AF: Oi, I saw her family first. No need for double in-laws, you asexual thief.
JP: Guys, please....
AF: Right, better get on that food ‘fore it gets cold. So, how’s base life doing?

--END AUDIO TRANSCRIPT--

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March Sixteenth, Two Thousand and Fifteen, 0034 Local Time--

Dear Chosen Deity, I miss him so much.....why did it have to be him.....

--END AUDIO LOG--

Name: Tyler Prohaska

To be honest I have sat for hours and hours wondering what to write here today. i watched as did most of the trainees the mission replay and we all saw Huey go down. It was tough to see a fellow soldier go and to be frank was harder because most of us couldn't do a damn thing about it all. The commander came down and gave a talk at the memorial and seemed to be as shocked as we all were, in many ways it was an eye opener to see that even though we are all trained by the best and the commander tries to keep our safety in mind that shit still happens. The aliens pulled out all the stops and really threw a ton of new enemies out and seemed to be able to drop them everywhere at once. This made our instructors focus on rapid response and technique in a fast fire situation especially highlighting on what we all could expect when being flanked. Much of the talk was on not letting our emotions go to our heads, to stay grounded in the moment and listen to the commander.

I was assigned a bunk mate and am still waiting to see who it is but frankly I really don't care in many ways although it would have been nice to be around Joseph more. I will have to sit down with him to chat at some point because it might do something to calm my nerves. I feel as if my head is going to explode at times, every night when I sleep I see ..... things. I can only describe them as that because nightmare doesn't really cut it. I see Anna dying and then sitting up .... smiling at me, her body lifting up as if by strings. She then glides over to me and leans in saying " The day you die, you will not see dear Anna in heaven but visit me in hell". A scream then rips from her mouth causing her head to tear at the corners of her mouth peeling back and splitting her head open like an orange. I then wake up not screaming, not crying, not sad but angry ..... so angry that all I can do is go and beat on the unit's punching bag for hours on end. The terrifying thing about most of this is that once again I feel alive all over, my skin tingles and I feel electric.

In other news I have been hearing about this AI on base and based on the fact that our journals are electronic I wonder what has been seen. It worries me that my bloodlust will be brought up to others and it troubles me that I cannot bring myself to tell the base shrink about it because I in a sick way don't want it to end.

The alarm sounds,My eyes open
From the veil of dream I return broken
I pray for death but something whispers not yet
It tells me of battles not won, of blood unspilled
It whispers of hate, pain, disgust and shame
Then in a slams the shutter closed again
Shutting itself away deep in my brain
Until the next time I sleep when it can play again

What in the hell is happening to me I feel like a Norse berserker waiting for my funeral pyre........but I won't let it out in front of others. I will wear my mask and prepare for battle because with everyone else dealing with their drama........who would have time for a simple farm boy who has unlocked the inner monster in him.

Anna memory: On the day of our high school graduation my dad left a flier for the Marines, my mother a brochure for the local community college(never cared much for writing down the work at school even though I could do it all). But my dear sweet Anna came with just herself to take me to our spot, under the tree to watch the stars. It was there that I held her and we watched the stars wheel above us not caring who or what we would be the next day. I still remember holding her sleeping body as I watched the sun rising up in the sky and finally decided who I wanted to be for the rest of my life ..... which was anywhere I could hold her and feel safe.

End

Vexx

Name : Vex Valerisk
Date : March 15, 2015

[Audio Log]
I saw Anna.... Stone? I think, I don't know, but she was by a corpse they brought in from one of the birds. Just... Staring at it, odd... Erie... I was thinking of reporting her behaviour to the Commander but... It's none of my business. I looked into that rogue AI earlier, didn't find much out, other than what I already knew... I'd decided earlier to, nearly, devoke myself from interacting with any of the other recruits. In fear it may anger me, or someone else when I, or a friend dies. I'd even thought of informing Commander Odd of my seperation from everyone... I sat at my terminal for three hours, thinking about it. I didn't tell him. I decided to instead look at some of the helmet cams from the other soldiers, in the previous battle against the aliens. I'd took a smal glimpse at some of Grelite's... He was a master with the rifle, especially when the eggheads gave him that laser rifle? That was one proper good job... Proper...

[End of Log]

Dahlexpert

Name: Alex Shock rem
Well that dinner plan went better then I thought Anna got a steak we all talked Aribeth looks a little calmer and I wasn't gutted all in all it was pretty good. I told Andrew to take the girls back to base I had an earn to run. I visited a friend of mine and there she was my little girl all ready walking well running actually. she was saying dad's home dad's home (sigh it's been a long time since i last saw Maya I mean the last time I saw her my wife was giving birth to her and then I got divorced) she looked so pretty with her big green eyes and black hair she was holding on to me very tightly not trying to let me go. but she finely let go and for the first time I played with my daughter . I only played with her for a few hours until she fell asleep I tucked her in kissed her forehead and left again but i told my friend were the X-COM base was and he can bring her there daily.

I got a message from my commander to day saying i'm going to do i little side mission today nothing big but it should keep me aqua pied for the day ill make my report later.

Status
Not open for further replies.