X-COM Recruitment Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
[This thread is ONLY for recruiting. Please do not post anything in here unless you're applying to be a recruit.]

[You do not need to own XCOM - this is a supplement to my LP. You will help to shape a story about the LP]

Hi everyone,

This will be the official recruitment thread for my X-COM Enemy Unknown Playthrough where YOU can be a big part of the action.

This is heavily influenced by PaulSoaresJr who did something similar and I think it would be fantastic to do the same thing with you guys.

In X-COM, you have the ability to customize your soldiers by name. On a first come, first serve basis, I will be using the names of people who sign up below to put you in the action. I will do my best to keep you alive, but as you know, in X-COM, there can be many casualties.

But it doesn't stop there. This part is OPTIONAL but I think it would add another layer of depth. I would love for you guys to come up with mini bio's for your character. And after each mission, it would be great for you to do a write up. Like a post mission LOG or journal/diary. I'll include a template for the BIO and for the POST MISSION LOG (PML) that you can follow. You'll want to pay special attention to whether or not you've been promoted, what class you are, your special abilities, etc.

Your POST MISSION LOG (PML) should contain your thoughts on the battle you were just a part of. Was it traumatizing? How are you feeling now that you're back at the base? Did you lose a close friend? Have you been injured? ETC. This part is 100% up to you to be creative and have some fun creating these stories!

On each video, I will link to a separate thread where people can read your PML's to add another layer of depth to the game.

Here's how it works:

1) Reply to this thread ONCE by stating the following: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

2) In the order that you have posted here, I will be using your GrayLinesGaming (GLG) username as a new recruit for my XCOM play through. Depending on how many people sign up, you may be in the game VERY soon, or you may have to wait until someone is KIA and you're called up as a replacement.

3) I will post each new video in a separate thread here on GLG. That is where your PML's will go. Other people are MORE THAN WELCOME to comment in those threads as well. Remember, that if you are one of the chosen recruits, you are ROLE-PLAYING your character.

4) HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Linus

I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Toolbox

I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.
BTW please use TehMagicToolbox instead of Toolbox :)
Tyvm :p.

Grelite

Aberen

LocoRojo

AniCator

S

SightUp

Gkkiux

M

McBackstabber

Lars128

Reply to this thread ONCE by stating the following: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Daniel P. C.

I also realize that this is going to be a hell of a lot of fun.

T

Tim Foster

R

repkam09

jasper.vth

Kadratos

HomesliceHobbes

DarkChaosReign

rowanlol

Rosen0x5

You probably know me by my youtube name :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.