Mission Name: Operation Patient Whisper
Mission Objective:
Locate the crashed UFO
Sweep the area for surviving crew and neutralize them
Avoid additional damage to the craft if possible
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 61
Journal Entry:
We were deployed to Russia, where one of our Firestorms had shot a UFO out of the sky. This was my first mission with Waricck along, it was time for him to make use of all that time spent at the range. The two of us flew straight up, as had become the norm, right out the dropship, allowing me to toss out a scanner ahead. Our opening approach had become somewhat standard; snipers up in the back with the rest of the squad moving on the ground from cover to cover.

With McBackstabber spotting four Mutons, I had a shot on the Berserker in the group right away, letting McBackstabber to follow up with a zap from his Arc Thrower. Another shot with my rifle critically injured one of the Muton Elites, allowing Jasper to pop it in the head with his laser pistol while the big bad alien tried to drag itself away from the fire-zone.

I saw McBackstabber turn invisible with his fancy new Ghost Armour; that technology is almost crazier than the stuff I can do with my mind. Jasper took down another Muton with his Plasma Rifle. Next thing I know, the last Muton Elite explodes into chunks of gore and McBackstabber appears right next to its corpse. That Muton never stood a chance.

Waricck touched down in cover as the rest moved up to the ship. Knocking down the front door, we spotted two Sectoid Commanders, who promptly started making a run for it, allowing them to run into my sights. I took down one and McBackstabber stunned the other after Dorgan had injured it. With that we were ready to head back home. A very clean sweep, but I felt bad for Waricck for not getting to show off what he'd learned. However when we got home, both Waricck and Dorgan did get a promotion. Hopefully now we can get my 'apprentice' in the field some more.

Jasper was sent to the psylabs, perhaps the Commander saw something about him telling him he might have this 'gift'. I heard there was debate in the labs if Rosen or I should be allowed to try and interact with the captured Sectoid Commander this time. The new device in the basement, however, decided we were needed elsewhere as it picked up a large alien vessel, making its way through African airspace...

Waricck

Name: Waricck
Current Rank: Corporal
Mission Name: Operation Patient Whisper
Mission Objective:
Locate the crashed UFO
Kills This Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Journal Entry:
I finally got called out on a mission. It was a simple raid on a small UFO, so we all got home without a scratch, and we bagged two live aliens. It's strange, we can wound these bastards till they're almost dead but they still fight like lions, coming at us no matter what. Whether it's due to their orders or their bravery, I don't know. I hope it's the latter . That's commendable I think.

Last time I was out of base I was shot in the throat and had swallowed some toxic gas. I was wearing that carapace armour and shooting lasers. Now? I'm soaring above the footsloggers firing searing plasma out of a rifle. That's some crazy progress.

I didn't manage to get any kills, despite my training from Grelite. He's a good teacher, but he's had a lot of practise with all the time he's spent with me. I took a quick shot with my pistol at one of the sectoid things. Underneath my helmet I smiled, remembering that rookie's prank over in the barracks. Despite this thing's bigger head, I missed. But practise makes perfect! I'm hoping to get a bit of an upgrade for my sidearm, me and Grelite probably use them the most because our rifles take too long to calibrate. Everyone's much better shots than I remember, but at least I know I can beat them at cards now.

I got to see that new 'Ghost' armour as well. Or rather, didn't. It would be good to equip some units with them to act as spotters for me and Grelite in my opinion. Once we landed back at base, I got a promotion from the Commander. Corporal Waricck Svenska has a nice ring to it, don't you think? And with it I got some weird uplink thing in my helmet from R&D that will help me see further. I hear that they've simply run out of things to do down there. And the new pilot definitely is Leth's son. He seems to be taking his death well.

Later, I was over in the barracks continuing the D&D with Presariov when the whole base starts shaking, making the dice go everywhere. Some of the rookies start grabbing onto their beds, trying to not fall over and Presariov's just on the floor swearing and picking up the dice. I'm pretty sure nothing can scare that guy. Word is that some new 'Hyperwave Relay' has been built and we managed to track some sort of mothership. I'll look forward to finishing the fight.

So, things are looking up around here! I definitely think that promotion has got rid of any worries I had. Long may they continue!

Rosen0x5

Name: Rosen0x5 "Moose"
Current Rank: Colonel
Mission Objective:
-Locate the crashed UFO
-Sweep the area for surviving crew and neutralize them
-Avoid additional damage to the craft if possible
Kills This Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 11
Journal Entry:

This mission was a nice change of pace, it was fast, it was successful and quite useful for the newer people that were assigned on it. Waricck and Little Dorgan got a feeling what its like this late in the alien invasion. I have a feeling its going to get much much worse.

We were dropped right on the scorched earth caused by the crashed UFO, we had a straight path so it wasnt hard locating it. Our snipers got into position which then Grelite proceeded to throw a battle scanner to make sure the path is clear. After we saw no danger we advanced only to come across a Muton and a Berserker. Grelite quickly took a shot, even tho we saw the plasma penetrate the cranial layer of its head it did not matter to it. After the Berserker figured out what had happened, it started charging at us.

Backstabber took a shot close range, you could feel the shock wave coming out of his new Alloy Cannon. However the shot bounced off of what remaining armor the alien had around its head. Soon enough 2 Muton Elites came in sights, Backstabber stunned the Berserker before it got a chance to do anything else. Same can be said for the Muton Elite that got double tag teamed by Grelite and Jasper.

We saw some movement up ahead but were unsure what they were up to. Backstabber decided this would be a good opportunity to test out his new cloack, looked cool ill give him that, and it can get you out of really tough situations. I saw Dorgan taking aim at one of the Mutons, ready to fire. But she was too slow as Jasper had already gotten the kill, before she could squeeze the trigger. The last Muton was blown into pieces after Backstabber flanked it and managed to get real close with that Alloy Cannon, the corpse flew back quite a distance.

We came across the ship and right after we open the gate 2 sectoid commanders move into cover on the right flank. I quickly moved into cover overlooking their position. I saw Waricck and Dorgan right behind me aching to get some shots off so i decided to help out a bit, instead of melting the sectoids face i destroyed its cover allowing them both to get a nice view of the alien's ugly mug. Dorgan landed a nice shot but Waricck wasnt so fortunate. After that we decide to wrap things up fast, Grelite kills the healthier sectoid and Backstabber captures the other one.

Waricck and Dorgan both got promoted once we got back to base, which is always nice to see. After that we went about our buisinesses. I was in the showers when suddenly everything started shaking, i slipped, fell down and remained on the ground untill the shaking stopped. I looked on the left and i saw my soap.. yes the soap had been dropped. Good thing there was no one around to make prison jokes about it.

Presariov

Name: Presariov
Current Rank: Captain
Mission Name: N/a
Mission Objective: N/a
Kills This Mission: N/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Begin Journal Entry:
So a few days ago, a UFO crashed in Canada, which just happens to be the commander's homeland. Me and Svenska decided to form a plot to make Canadian jokes at him. Let's just say he didn't find them funny, and neither did his airborne coffee mug. After our operation failed, I had some important business to attend to: finding out what kind of gossip has been going about me down in engineering. For a room full of dudes, the rumors sure spread like wild fire.
Later that day, someone decided to play a prank on us. We were chillin' in the barracks, reading and playing cards, when all of a sudden the door opens and there's a sectoid head blarging at us. Grelite went to find whoever did it, but I think I already know this particular prankster...

Today, while everyone was off doing their thing, I got into exploring the maze of rooms and tunnels that is our base. In my travels, I found central food storage, a place packed to the ceiling with boxes of pasta and jars of peanut butter. Yeah, it didn't make sense to me either. I also found a swimming pool that I swear to god wasn't there yesterday. It was pretty sweet, but I'm not telling anyone about it. Having my own personal underground pool has always been a dream of mine. At one point, I decided to go all the way down, where security is so tight I had to sneak one of the invisible-armor-things from R&D to get around. I hope they don't monitor these journals. Anyway, while I was down there, I found a huge closed off room with a giant machine and some scientists working on it. The sign on the door said it was "HW Relay Development" or something.
Later that evening, while we were playing our DnD campaign, the base started shaking like it was Pompeii on volcano day. Needless to say, all the dice and character sheets fell on the floor. It wasn't fun trying to retrieve a D20 from under the bunks. My best guess for the earthquake is something down in R&D, maybe that huge machine I saw earlier. Weird stuff. After everyone went to bed, I sneaked back out to my pool to chill and write this. I just found out that it has a built in hot tub, so bubbles on!
End Journal Entry

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Simon "Gin"
Current Rank: Pilot
Mission Name: Red Smoke
Journal Entry: October 22th 2015
To continue on what happened after the huge earthquake dew to the new relay and a odd purple UFO but something was on that ship and luck was on our side that some pilot over at the UK shot it down and i was told to sent a team over as soon as possible and the team was Grelite "The God Sniper", Jasper.VTH, Waricck, McBackstabber, Presariov, Rosen0x5 and off we went to the UK, my dad's home country. On the way i give the mission briefing as normal but i fell like some huge force was in the ship over in the UK. i say i was fine and i need to rest and resume the briefing as normal and landing went OK as normal and the team sent off and turned the video to base as normal. right from the start we got attacked by two armored mutons but the snipers makes a clean house on those two and Waricck over on the radio got a promotion and i say good work you guys. so far every little thing went well and the inside of the ship was the same as any other UFO but i ask why does the aliens want to hide this ship? and as soon every thing was quite nothing happens like being in a sub waiting not to get spotted a drone and a huge fighting machine and this was the thing that killed my dad! shot that thing down and with perfect timing they bring that machine down blown to scarp metal and the alien speed to the 4 winds, but after a reload we herd some thing coming from the middle and i say to base "did someone herd that sound base?' guys keep your eyes on yourself some thing is in there with you and as soon i was done a flank armored muton showed. as i just said that quickly shot down hard i say never mind guys. we got to the door to the middle of the ship and we sent up a swat brake in and we do and see a fighting machine with 2 drones, 2 armored mutons, a odd thing and a new alien. big battle started and Grelite "The God Sniper" almost killed the new alien just by one hit all going well with a good hit for McBackstabber but the new alien got Waricck under it's power but we got him back by killing the new alien but the plan was to stun but it did not work so it had to die. and no one died that is good and we got a new thing and some more scraping to do and after loading the dead body's, more metal and new tech time to head home with job well done. as soon we got back from the mission the R&D had to lock up the new tech and some time later some thing showed up from the scans it was huge and it made our base shake the base hard it was not a UFO it was a War ship and R&D say our firepower won't crack the shell and i say we are boned to the might of the war ship i called The Nemesis looks like the leader came to earth at long last to clean this mess himself. Back in R&D we got to study the new alien we call now ethereal and now working on the new tech but now terror time over in Kaunda so better head there now.......
End Of Recording.........
Only One Will Be Our Savior Now............

Grelite

Name: Grelite 'Loki'
Mission Name: Operation Red Smoke
Mission Objective:
Locate the crashed UFO
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 62
Journal Entry:
The UFO nearly took down one of our interceptors before escaping, but it was only a few days before it showed up over Europe. When the Firestorm made the last hit and the UFO finally came to a standstill, crashed into the British isles, I could feel something emanating from the vessel from across the globe. Whatever we were about to encounter would be more powerful than anything we had faced before and that thought alone was terrifying. However, it is our duty to be on the front line against this extra-terrestrial threat.

We had quite the crew for this assault, with McBackstabber leading out the dropship, followed by Jasper, Presariov and Rosen. Waricck and I had the back covered, with me throwing out a battle-scanner from cover and Waricck taking to the skies. The scanner revealed a duo of Muton Elites, but before we could get a shot off, they spotted our front group and ran for cover. Right away we hunkered down as one of the Mutons tossed out a grenade, blowing up McBackstabber and Jasper's cover. The other Muton took the opportunity to shoot Jasper, injuring him quite badly, forcing him to retreat.

Both Rosen and I started melting the mind of one of the big aliens, allowing Waricck to shoot it right in the head. Presariov laid suppressive fire on the other, opening the shot for us snipers to whittle it down. McBackstabber ran up to stun it with his Arc Thrower, but something went wrong. The Muton hit him at point blank range with his Heavy Plasma. I was amazed that McBackstabber managed to survive that hit. I guess Waricck managed to take it down just in time before another one of those bolts hit McBackstabber, or it might have been the end of him.

With no enemies in sight, Jasper and Presariov were quick to patch him up, after which we moved up to the crashed ship. Drawing ever closer the presence deem inside became stronger; I knew it could sense us as much as I could it. Two more Muton Elites were awaiting us through the first door. After a lot of pot-shots from our squad, McBackstabber had to ghost in and nail one of them with his Alloy Cannon from behind. Everyone of us started moving up to and into the ship, including Waricck and I.

The second Muton from the duo had backed up and we'd lost sight of it. An eerie silence fell and then I noticed the decorations on the walls. They seemed to be holographic images of an alien unlike we had met before. I did not know what to make of it at the time, but now I assume they represented the alien that I had sensed all this time. Suddenly, with loud stomps, a Sectopod came stomping through the hallway. We obliterated it before it even realized what was going on... Well, it's a robot so it probably realized, but it was too late for it anyway.

The missing Muton tried to sneak up to us from behind, but McBackstabber and Presariov took care of it rather quickly. I threw a battle-scanner to the front of the ship, but detected nothing. Now we knew where to expect the big trouble to be; the central chamber. We all moved up on the doors, having everyone in a position to open fire right as the door opened.

Upon opening the door we saw just what was awaiting us; two Muton Elites, a Sectopod accompanied by two drones and a tall thin alien emanating tremendous psionic power, all seemingly guarding an object that dwarfed even the alien in psionic activity. The scientists were quick to call the alien an Ethereal, perhaps inspired by the art in the ship. We knew this was going to be tough and we had to eliminate the biggest threats first.

The Commander gave the orders to try and capture this new alien alive, a tactic I feared would be the end of all of us. Yet, I was not one to disobey, so I fired a crippling shot. It did more damage than I had expected, as the alien seemed to almost lose conciousness from the shot alone. I injured one of the Mutons as well, since I did not have a shot on the Sectopod. Rosen finished off the injured Muton and Mindfrayed the other. It was up to Waricck to injure the Sectopod, and he delivered with an amazing shot that wrecked a large chunk of its armour which allowed McBackstabber to destroy it and the drones next to it.

Suddenly I feel psionic powers surge from the Ethereal, and Waricck's mind get pressured. It seemed to be controlling his mind. McBackstabber tried to stun it, but the Arc Thrower still seemed to malfunction. I knew I had no other choice but to terminate the mind bond between Waricck and the Ethereal; it had to die. With a swift shot the alien was no more, leaving but one to deal with. After a lot of misses from most of our squad it was McBackstabber once more, who stepped up to the plate and got us cleared to head home.

Back home Waricck got a promotion and for his encounter with the Ethereal's mind we started calling him 'Nightmare'. Of course he might worry if he can sleep any time soon after that encounter. All in all we're incredibly glad to have survived the mission in the UK, what we faced was a nightmare, but it is long from over. With the recovery of the device a ship of a size unlike any we had encountered appeared in orbit over the coast of Brazil. The entire X-COM team at the base seems to have no ideas on what we are going to do about this thing

I can hear the device's whispers in my sleep, perhaps it has answers we seek. However, I doubt the scientists will let me near it any time soon, but I can feel myself being drawn toward it. We must do something, we haven't come this far just to give up. I have been here since day one and I don't plan on stopping until this is all over.

svenska

Name: Svenska
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: None
Promotion: None
Journal Entry:
Hello again recorder! Sorry i didn't say anything last week. i got a really nasty cold and spent the whole week in bed listening to music. Speaking of last week, shit went down. The whole place just started shaking, it literally threw me out of my bed. since it caused me pain to move, i had to wait until someone came to check on me to get back into bed.​
Also earlier that week i went down to the labs and asked for some giant pain killers for my headaches. While Dr. german lady scolded me on the importance of not taking dangerous chemicals, i saw presariov grab some of the new ghost armor off a shelf. I knew something was off but i just shrugged it off as some prank and left mid-scolding.​
Also something bad happened this week. A few bad things actually. First, i was down on one of the lower levels and saw some water leaking out of a pipe. While i wasn't paying attention i tripped and slammed into it. Water started shooting out and getting all over the place. Whatever place was getting drained, i just hoped it wasn't anything too important. It must not have been important anyway though because i know the water supply is on the second floor.​
Second, i was in the barracks yesterday sitting down at the bar with presariov and warrick when some of the new guys showed up. When one of them grinned and walked over to me i thought they were trying to get to know some of the soldiers. So i held out my hand and said, "Hey, I'm Aaron, but my friends call me Svenska."​
Now, this is where it gets weird. Instead of taking my hand shaking it, he takes my hand to his mouth and kisses it, then he says, "Hello, cheri, could I pour you a drink?" he sounded french. My face went beet red as i heard everyone else laughing their asses off at my expense. I pulled my fist back, threw it forward into his face, and walked out of the room embaressed. I'm not against that kind of thing, i would go out with another guy if they were set to my standards. But i'm not good with public displays of affection if i don't even know the person's name. But if that guy is straight... do i really look that much like a girl?​
Now, to the finale. The commander sent the team after a UFO that was barely shot down. When they came back, Jasper and Mcbackstabber were both injured but everyone else was fine. But then they brought out this... giant purple orb thing, yeah that's a good name for it. It gave off a strange aura that made me want to get as far away from it as possible. We were later told it was an ethreal orb, whatever that means.​
Anyway, i've now learned that a slap on the back of the head from Grelite to me equals stop the recording.​
But before i go, i think i've finally found a good way to end these things.​
I will leave these with the name and band name to a song i think is good and that relates to my entry. Just for Future reference. I know, lame right?​
Band name: Example. Song name: Kickstarts (Bar9 remix). Relates to that fucking french guy.​

Rosen0x5

Mission Objective:
-Locate the crashed UFO
-Sweep the area for surviving crew and neutralize them
-Avoid additional damage to the craft if possible
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 13
Journal Entry:

It was the most terrifying thing i have ever had the privilege of encountering. With its 4 arms, outstanding psionic capabilities, its tall and not so well built body. It was pure luck that no one died on that mission. But lets start from the beginning where we were dropped off in the UK after intercepting a cloacked ship unlike any we have seen before. It took quite a lot from our pilots to take it down i heard.

We were dropped off right near the downed ship, after spotting 2 Elites with Grelites scanner we decided to flank them and take them by suprise, however they spotted us moving up and quickly took defensive positions. We moved in, and thought we were prepared for a fight. But how wrong we were when we saw one of them chuck a grenade, blowing up right next to Backstabber and Jasper. Which was followed by the second muton who took a shot and injuring Jasper in the process. He then retreated to heal up.

I moved in to assist, scrambling one of the mutons brains with the help of Grelite. After Waricck finished him off, Presariov supressed the other Muton allowing us to think up a plan to capture him as thats what the commander had ordered. After we had injured him as much as we could Backstabber ran in to try and capture, but his Arc malfunctioned. We knew he was in a bad position so we rushed to help, Grelite taking a shot and i rush in, barely in range of my weapon, try to take him down. We both missed and the Elite really did a number on him, he was barely standing after that shot.

Waricck finished the Elite off and Jasper with Presariov quickly managed to heal Backstabber up. As we moved closer to the wreck i could feel a lot of energy coming from the middle of the ship, i payed no attention tho as i thought it was probably more than 2 Sectoid Commanders this time. When we opened the main entrance door we discovored 2 more Elites, 1 ran away while the other took cover but was quckly taken out by Backstabbers sneaky "Cloack and Dagger" tactics.

We moved up further into the ship, we then spot what i think was a Sectopod. I really hope i never have to see these things in action, luckily we ambushed it and had no trouble in the process. The Elite from earlier tried to make a move on us but was unsuccesful as me and Grelite fried his brains aswell as allowing Presariov to take the kill. But what followed was enough to make any soldier run away in fear. Luckily none of us were "just any soldier".

When i opened that center chamber door i felt a psionic burst of energy, I immediately went for my rocket launcher but when i heard orders that the device in the middle was not to be damaged i started sweating. It was another Sectopod, 2 Elites and the boogeyman himself, called the Ethereal. We started mowing them down little by little, i managed to take down 1 of the Elites and scrambling the others brain making him an easier target. It was looking great, but then Waricck got mind controlled and the Elite wasnt too fond of me toying with its mind so he started spraying plasma at me not even trying to aim.

While i was dodging the plasma i saw Backstabber try and go for the capture on the Ethereal, but the malfunctioning Arc was useless. We ended up killing it, and at that point i was getting pretty tired of getting shot at so i decided to run up, taking a good shot to the chest, and give him a taste of his own medicine. However i missed and Backstabber ran over to help clean his clock. With that we did a sweep of the area and headed back home.

When we got back Waricck got promoted but during the celebration i felt as if i had gotten stronger. I think exposure to that Ethereal Device has unlocked some more potential in my psionic abilities. I have been thinking about this day for qutie some time now and if i can learn to protect my fellow soldiers on the field from these psi attacks, maybe we wont ever have to fear those bastards as much.

I will have to book more training sessions with Grelite, as i fear i may be consumed by this power. I hear whispers that promise great things. Grelite seems to be drawn to this device and is getting obsessed which has me worried as the same might happen to me.

Waricck

Name: Waricck 'Nightmare'
Current Rank: Sergeant
Mission Objective:
Locate the crashed UFO
Kills This Mission: 3
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 4
Journal Entry:
I was pulled out onto another mission. I think the Commander's started trusting me more. It was a UFO raid over in Great Britain, but this was the ship that we had such trouble shooting down. It almost took out one of the Ravens. We were told to be very cautious by that German lady over in R&D. I'm not even sure why the Commander lets her use our radio frequency, she's probably got no battlefield experience.

Anyway, we did the normal roll out, me and Grelite covering from behind and above whilst everyone else moved up. His scanner managed to pick up two of the Muton Elites, who spotted us and managed to take out Jasper and Backstabber's cover. One of them took at shot at Jasper, seriously injuring him. Then Grelite and Rosen did their mind slap thing. The alien screamed and clutched at it's helmet and I took the opportunity to take the shot, killing him. Waricck: 2, Aliens: 0. Backstabber charged the remaining Muton trying to stun it. He missed and the alien blasted him at point blank range. Backstabber wisely ran off into cover. With the friendly out of the way of my shot I managed to drop him too. Bear in mind, I did all this whilst flying. Grelite's training is being put to good use.

The medics patched up Backstabber and we all moved inside of the ship. Rosen and Grelite started acting a bit...strange. It's hard to explain, but they kept on looking around a lot as if something was watching them. The ship had these strange holographic panels on it, showing images of a tall thin being. Was it their god?

We moved onto the rightmost corridor with me outside to flank and someone spotted one of those big walking tank things. Knowing what happened the last time we faced one of those machines, we all formed up on the walls. As soon as it rounded the corner we unloaded on it. Plasma tore huge holes in it's armour and me and Grelite shot at the same time into it's exposed core, destroying it. My mentor nodded at me for the job well done. We picked off the accompanying repair drones and moved on, getting into a breaching formation outside the door to the central room.

As soon as Rosen opened the door, we saw this towering but frail alien, just like the one we had seen on the holographic panels. He stood taller than any of us, even Rosen, and he seemed to be very protective of this strange glowing orb. Just as we were spotting the remaining aliens in the room, Grelite shoots the tall one in it's face. For something as frail as that, it still managed to survive, though barely. I took a shot off onto a Sectopod, tearing through it's armour with my plasma bolts and Backstabber finished the job with his Alloy Cannon.

Time seemed to slow down from that point. The tall one looked at me and extended a grey hand, but it was almost as if it's hand reached further than it's long arms allowed, going straight into my mind. I screamed silently, trying to fight it out but I was trapped inside of myself. As suddenly as it began, the thing rips itself from my mind, Grelite giving me a reassuring nod. He must have felt what happened to me. The tall one was dead, Rosen was being suppressed and we were in all kinds of shit.

I tried to move up and take out the remaining Muton but missed, barely managing to duck under it's plasma fire fixated on Rosen. We try to take some shots at it but we weren't getting lucky, then Rosen just roars and runs at it, taking a shot straight to the chest but carrying on running. We all take shots and it eventually drops, leaving just the glowing orb in the middle of the room. Grelite and Rosen seemed a bit disturbed by it's presence, it's probably to do with that psi stuff they do.

Once we got back to base two of the guys headed off into the infirmary and I went straight to the barracks for some rest. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was straight into a long stream of nightmares, that tall one laughing at me, screaming at me...

I woke up mad eyed and sweating, much to the horror of some of the rookies. One of them told me there was a promotion ceremony going on and that I should attend. I weakly nodded and went to speak with the Commander. I'm now Sergeant Waricck Svenska, marksman of the XCOM Initiative.

So, I managed to down some more aliens which is always good, but that tall one really screwed with my head. Some of the guys around the base have started calling me 'Nightmare' now. Maybe if the aliens find out they'll think twice before rooting around inside my head again. I'm obviously not too fond of this new kind of warfare, fighting with the mind. It's too strange for a simple soldier. Whatever happened to the days where you could point your gun at the target and pull the trigger without fearing for your own sanity?

Lethbridge_Gin

Mission Name: Operation Cryptic Fog
Journal Entry: October 23th 2015
Today was a terror mission and we had for the team was Rowanlol, "The Godly Sniper" Grelite, Waricck the Sniper under Grelite training, Presariov, Rosen0x5 & Stu Poole and off to Kaunda, Nigeria. I played the normal mission briefing and we have to save people from the aliens. i stay on the ship and armor up the ship everything went well till a Sectopod shot poor Rowanlol into the air and killed him sad but we did save 9 people and been sent to safety we had a memorial to Rowanlol. R&D have been working on the new alien thingy and it is like a Psi-link and Psi Armor and got to work on the Gollop Chamber to hold all the Psi energy in the meantime a UFO went down over Japan and off i went with the team.
End Of Recording.

Rosen0x5

Mission Objective:
- Evacuate civilians
- Minimize civillian catualties
- Neutralize all hostile targets
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 16
Journal Entry:

This entry brings me little joy, the reason being one of my fellow Heavies.. Rowanlol, died horribly during it. We were... unable to located the body. No one could have predicted the events that took place on that highway.

It all began when we were dropped off right at the center of the location that was reported to have alien activity. We scattered to look around and cover more ground when we heard screaming, when we looked twords where it was coming from we saw 3 Heavy Floaters coming our way. Presariov, Rowanlol and Stu opened fire on them but that only seemed to get the Sectopod's attention that was further in the back. We had little time so i took advantage of them being right besides eachother and blasted em good with my rocket.

However this triggered a chain reaction that i did not foresee, Stu was the victim of my decision. However he and Presariov did take out the 2 of the heavy floaters, unfortunately more hostile reinforcements were on their way. 2 Drones 2 Mutons a Sectopod and a Berserker to be exact. Our snipers Grelite and Waricck made quick work of the Berserker, having packed an extra rocket i used it to take down a Drone and a injured Heavy Floater, injuring a Muton in the process which Stu finished off.

After that engagement we moved up to engage the Sectopod, we come in view range with it and begin unloading. Everyone but me, for my studies and training with Grelite did pay off. I managed to learn a way to psionicly shield myself and all around me and i was eager to try it out on the field. I only wish it could have been helpful during that situation. As the Sectopod fired its laser cannon at Stu, i trembled at the size of those red beams. Good thing he ducked, Rowanlol was not so fortunate as no one expected it to attack 2 soldiers at once.

After barely sirviving the blast Rowanlol rushes for Presariov to get some medical attention.... but that abomination made sure he wouldnt reach him. It fired a beam with such a force it knocked Rowanlol off the side of the highway... his radio turned on, infroming us that he had hit the ground, he was alive but critically wounded. We managed to talk a little untill he finally... passed away. Stu was grinding his teeth as he took down the Sectopod.

We advanced twords some civillians and rescued them, only to be ambushed by more Heavy Floaters from the high ground. But it didnt take much to clean up. We just waited and pounced at the right time. Further on we encountered more Mutons and another Berserker which i had the privilege of frying his brain. The rest was pretty much sniper cleanup.

When we returned to HQ a couple of people got promoted. Waricck, Presariov and Stu. I salute these men, as they rise up in rank considerably fast! Right after that we all went down in a straight line to the memorial to hang a picture of Rowanlol to the wall, everyone in there stood up and we saluted him in honor of his bravery. Later that day i was called in the Research lab and issued a state of the art Psi Armor. They say the suit is linked to my brain, injecting it with certain chemicals at the right time which i think will make a huge difference when we face an ethereal bastard again.

I will make a confession to myself in this journal, my training sessions with Grelite have been far more beneficial then everyone else thinks. I have learned how to take controll of living beings, but i dare not share this to anyone, even to Grelite. I will use it at the right time and place, untill then no one must ever know.

Etriax

Name: McLaren
Current Rank: New guy
Mission Name: N/a
Kills This Mission: N/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/a
Promotion: No rank
Journal Entry: Hooray for procrastination! Yay for forgetfulness! Three cheers for me being the laziest motherfucker on the planet! ... Yeah.

Still, a lot's happened since my last entry. Some weird earthquake, psi testing, a huge purple ship, Commander Odd being gently told to suck less, new armor... So much shit! And me without the urge to write a novel today. Damn you, ADHD. You ruin everything.

On a more depressing note, though, there was an alien attack somewhere in Africa (I forget where), and as usual, six were sent out to deal with it. Grelite, Rosen, Warrick, Stu Poole, Presariov, and Rowanlol... And rowan didn't come back. From what I could hear from the rest of his squad, he was shot with some kind of laser, got blasted off the freeway on which they were deployed, and fell to the ground below. He apparently bled out down there... I can only imagine how terrible that must be... Lying on the ground, unable to move and having nobody there to save you as you slowly die...

He was a good man... As the rest of the squad came back to the barracks in single file, I walked behind them quietly, and stood at the memorial as they added his photo to the wall. Rest in piece, rowanlol. You deserve that much.

In the days following his passing, though, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion... And some of the troops seemed a little bit depressed, if not more so... So, two mornings after operation Cryptic Fog, and in a fit of pre-medication silliness, I did stand-up. I cracked jokes, told stories, improvised a little... It seemed to go over well, as i got quite a few of them laughing, but i was mostly focused on my "act", so i didn't really get to gauge their reactions very well...

Oh well! I tried! And with this, i guess i should probably stop writing before my wrist starts hurting...

Waricck

Current Rank: Lieutenant
Mission Objective:
- Evacuate civilians
- Minimize civilian casualties
- Neutralize all hostile targets
Kills This Mission: 4
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 7
Journal Entry:
We got called out to a terror mission over in Nigeria, I think. I can't really remember much from the mission, but I'll get onto that later.

We moved out of the dropship, same as usual. I managed to drop one of the berserkers. Stu moved up to point some civvies in the direction of the dropship. Then that sectopod thing appeared.

It towered over the civilians near it and quickly took a shot at a guy on my right on the ground- one of the medics, I think. He luckily saw it coming and ducked the huge laser beam in heading in his direction. That kind of ordnance is on our ships and here it is being blasted at us infantry. Rowan peeks out of his cover to take a look at the machine and it fires another shot, straight at him. He wasn't expecting the blow and takes the full impact of it. He was a tough sort, that's why he was one of our heavy weapons specialists. I think one of the medics beckoned to him for the med spray. He just gets out of cover and straight away, the sectopod fires again.

The blast launches him off of the highway we were operating on and down onto the streets below. He was bleeding out and there was no way we could reach him in time. He must have been in great pain, but the stubborn bastard tells us to keep on going and to give them one from him. He passed soon after that.

It's not what he would have wanted, bleeding out in some street in a foreign drop zone. He deserved so much more than that. We quickly headed back to base and had a solemn ceremony. There was another notch on my helmet by the ceremony's end, right next to one for Lethbridge.

I tried to get some more sleep, but I'm getting no rest with these nightmares. Most of them are to do with Rowan's death, what I could have done differently. And that 'Ethereal' thing was there again, speaking.

Oh, how you needed teaching. And so will your kind. Friends, deaths, one will lead to the other. Both are watching.

It's like there's still a bit of that thing lingering inside of me. I don't really want to think about it, but it's always there, at the back of my mind. I headed down to the infirmary to see if the Doc' there had any sleeping pills. I was sent straight down to that lab they wouldn't let me into when Grelite was getting his brain poked. Hoping that was what would get rid of the nightmares, I went willingly.

I emerged later, the scientists telling me that I was a 'normal'. I surprise even myself sometimes, the things I've seen and done I'm far from normal.

A few sleepless days and nights passed and we shipped off a light plasma rifle to the US for them to reverse engineer. Hopefully that will help them combat the aliens. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for Grelite at the start of this campaign to try and kill the aliens with just lead.

One of the new ships managed to down a ship with some sort of cannon that knocked out it's flight systems. This apparently means the clean up crew can rip out much more of the ship's systems with them intact. However, there's going to be much more aliens inside, and probably very angry that they've been blasted out of the sky.

I've been called to the dropship, so I hope it goes well. Friends are watching.

Grelite

Mission Objective:
Evacuate civilians
Minimize civilian casualties
Neutralize all hostile targets
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 63
Journal Entry:
Terror in Nigeria, a desperate attempt to save a few people from a heavy alien assault. Since the appearance of the massive vessel over Brazil, attacks have been intensifying all over the world. I swear I can hear screams in my head without end; people are suffering and there is little we can do. Hell, at this point I am not sure if our focus should be on saving a few people or keeping our troops alive for any sort of assault plan on the giant vessel. It is frustrating to ponder these problems as there seems to be no solution; as long as we have no plan there is very little we can do. I guess that is why the Commander is sending us on these missions, but it is hardly inspiring despite our best efforts.

With the dropship touching down, Warrick and I took to the skies once more, with Rosen, Rowanlol, Presariov and Stu taking cover below us. The initial Heavy Floaters coming our way provided little trouble, but in behind trudged a Sectopod accompanied by two drones and a set of Mutons. I hit one of the drones with my pistol and injured the Muton Berserker to be finished off by Waricck. With the bunch below firing freely at the remaining enemies, soon all we heard was the stomping of the Sectopod.

Cars were exploding left and right, the guys down below catching shrapnel at point blank. We started firing away at the Sectopod, but Rowanlol got caught in the blast and was seriously injured. He tried to be a hero and run at it to finish it off, yet some sort of focussed explosive shot from the mechanical monstrosity launched him into the air. The poor guy wasn't even lucky enough to die on impact with the ground. We were forced to let him bleed out to save the remaining civilians from the few aliens that remained in the area.

Presariov, Waricck and Stu did get a promotion upon return, but that did little to lighten the mood. The memorial ceremony for Rowanlol showed just how we felt now; as unsure and worried as we were eight months ago. That is, until the results came in from the lab and a new project started in the basement. They were building something called a 'Gollop Chamber', using the device recovered from the Ethereal's ship. It brings new hope that a solution can be found soon.

Rosen0x5

Mission Name: Operation Blind Spark
Mission Objective:
- Locate the crashed UFO
- Sweep the area for sirviving crew and neutralize them
- Avoid additional damage to the craft if possible
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 17
Journal Entry:

A few days ago i thought about being secretive of my new and terrifying power, but one night i realized the truth would have been revealed sooner or later, it was on this mission that i decided to use it. It proved incredibly useful and the feel was indescribable, to be in 2 places at the same time, to have 2 minds... it did come at a cost tho which i will mention in the end of this journal.

When we were dropped in Japan in a forest with semi good cover we immediately ran across 2 Muton Elites, Grelite did not waste time and decided to put his powers to use, frying one of the mutons minds. I moved in to cover him as he rarely has a chance to come this close to the enemy, i concentrated all my power on the second Muton making him part of me. The scream it made shook up everyone around, even me, Grelite quickly looked at me and then focused back on the other Elite, either he was suprised, afraid or disapointed it matters very little now.

Before we could take down the second Elite he called in some help, 2 more Elites came running in to engage us. I send my Muton captive closer to the enemy to get a better shot, only to spot a Cyber disc in the process. I order him to shoot it and like a dog that obeys a master he does exactly that. I then follow it up with a rocket, taking down the Disc and injuring the other 2 mutons. Waricck and my slave finish off the 3 mutons after a couple of missed shots from both sides.

My power was draining fast so i could not keep in controll of the Muton and had to let it go, i made sure we were in a good position to take it out. Backstabber did the honors of putting him down. When we moved in to the space craft we were paranoid, nearly all of the ship explored and not even 1 alien in sight... untill we opened the last chamber. Spotting only an Elite and Ethereal we felt pretty confident because they were surrounded.

Alas, after Waricck sniped the Elites head off the Ethereal took controll of him. I know what its like, and i feel for him. But that did allow us to widdle the tall bastard down and capture him. After all that we return to HQ and Waricck gets to enjoy his new promotion, thought i dont think the Ethereal put him in a cheerful mood.

Now i did mention that mind controll came at a cost. The commander must have heard of my new power and has built in a special chamber to house the Ethereal Beacon... Relay... thing. I hear rumors i am to be sent there to try and communicate with this device. Worse thing yet is no one dares walk in the same room as me, especially Waricck seeing as how much torment psionics have brought him, got no buddies left. I have yet to speak to Grelite, and as of now im just going to enjoy my beer in the bar... at 3 AM... the only time when no one is around.

This way they wont have to leave the bar everytime i decide to come and have a drink during the day. Just me, and my friends on the wall... cheers you lucky bastards. At least youre not me.

Grelite

Mission Objective:
Locate the crashed UFO
Avoid additional damages to the craft if possible
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 64
Journal Entry:
Rosen and I have had regular sessions to discuss and explore our psionic capabilities. I had felt as though we had been as open as possible about it to each other, since we are the only ones with this... 'Gift'. So when Rosen was very silent during our last session, I knew something was up. He must have been rummaging around in his own brain and I suspected it had to do with his psionics. What he had been up to, however, I had no idea of and having seen its manifestations up close, I think I understand why.

We were called to Japan, where a large scouting vessel had been shot down by one of our Firestorms. The moon was out, making the trees cast dark shadows over the crash site. In the light of a burning log, two Muton Elites approached our LZ. Instantly, I moved into cover behind a tree and used my Mindfraying ability to suppress one of the Mutons' minds. I though for a moment Rosen was doing the same on the other when I felt something was different; Rosen was controlling the Muton's mind.

The Muton I had affected seemed to have figured out what was going on and started running back, though not being getting hit by Waricck's pistol. From its new position, however, it called in two more Elite Mutons, closely followed by a Cyberdisc and Drone. It seems Rosen ordered the Muton under his control to attack the Cyberdisc. Rosen was quick to fire a rocket following the plasma bolts, killing the Disc and injuring the Mutons beside it.

Rosen's use of psionics surprised me and put me off my game. Being so caught up in this whole mind control business made me miss two shots I should have had easily, leaving it up to Waricck and the mind controlled Muton to take dwon some of the stragglers. Again I miss a shot, forcing Warrick to once again take down my misses. What I was left with was an easy shot on the fleeing drone; hardly a redeemable action.

As Rosen sent the Muton further I away I noticed it took more and more effort to maintain control until he finally broke the connection and the Muton was free from its enslavement. McBackstabber was quick on the draw, sprinting forward with his Alloy Cannon, blasting the confused brute away in a single shot. I felt a headache coming on. Despite our successes; taking no injuries, having an all clear approach on the crashed vessel; I felt as though I had lost myself when Rosen took control of the Muton's mind.

But when he walked past me on our way to the ship I saw the look on his face; he was unsure of me as well. And not only that; he was tired. It instantly reminded of how I felt when I first emerged from the Psi Labs. He is my friend and despite his abilities he is still human. He is still the Rosen I know. The headache subsided and we formed up in front of the vessel's control room.

Waricck took down the Muton Elite accompanying the Ethereal in the control room. McBackstabber went invisible once more, moving up to the Ethereal unnoticed. The Ethereal had other plans, taking control of Waricck's mind. This was the second time we encountered an Ethereal and the second time one controlled Waricck's mind. All of us started whittling down the Ethereal, letting McBackstabber move in for the stun. This time the Arc Thrower did not malfunction and the Ethereal went down alive. Knocked out it lost control over Waricck, who was freed once more.

Upon return to base I was concerned with Waricck's continued exposure to Ethereal minds, too concerned to inquire Rosen about his Mind Controlling abilities just yet. I tried to talk to Waricck about the whole endeavour, but I'm not sure if he's willing to open up to me. I do not know how it feels to have your will just ripped away from you, but I imagine it must be terrible. How could I ever bring myself to use such a power, should I ever attain Rosen's level of control...

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: November 4th 2015
To resume what happened that a UFO landed in japan and the crew was McBackstabber, Grelite "The God Sniper", Waricck "The Second God Sniper", Presariov, Rosen0x5 "The Mind Taker" & Jasper.VTH. We were off to japan played the mission briefing that it is a whole undamaged UFO so the crew on the ship is still alive and also found a Ethereal on broad so stun it. some time later that the team got back and got an Ethereal for testing and few days went by and we got the finish work on the special chamber with that Ethereal thing and i checked my past recordings and i hear a small voice but can't hear it and the chamber may have a contactable person to use the thing.
End Of Recording.......
The One Must Out Way The Many.......

Waricck

Current Rank: Captain
Mission Objective:
Locate the crashed UFO
Avoid additional damages to the craft if possible
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 10
Journal Entry:
I was called into the hangar for the raid on the splashed UFO. It was dropped with those EMP cannons so we knew there would be some heavy resistance inside. Instead of us two snipers providing covering fire whilst the rest of the squad moved up, I hovered above and Grelite moved in below. I think he's trying to expand his mind powers or something.

Rosen managed to mind control one of the Elite Mutons. I kind of feel sorry for it, I had been in it's place at one point. Luckily, I wasn't controlled for long enough to do any damage to my own men but I'm still shaken up by it. He had it fire onto it's own cyber-disc and we quickly finished the job.

Rosen's use of his powers must have distracted Grelite down below me- he was really off his game today, missing two easy shots. I managed to make up the difference, nailing two of them whilst Grelite eventually managed to land a long ranged hit on a repair drone near the ship. Backstabber used his Alloy Cannon to blast away the mind-controlled muton.

We moved up into the ship and cleared it room by room, encountering no resistance. We stacked up at the bridge and were just reloading our guns when the door opens. Someone's hand must have slipped through, activating it. I managed to take out one of the red mutons that was inside, but then I saw the Ethereal. It was too late. Once again it reached it's hands out to me but they went much further forward than just his long arms could reach, going right inside my mind. I couldn't see anything but myself, having no control over my body, screaming at myself to stop. I tried, I really tried to resist but I'm not as strong as Rosen or Grelite. Then, a shock of electricity and the Ethereal tore itself from me, screaming it's terrible scream once more. Grelite helped me up and we headed back to the ship.

Once I got back, I was promoted to Captain. I suppose that's a good thing but I would trade in all of the promotions in the world to not have to fight those Ethereals again.

The nightmares are continuing. I'm running through a city, Copenhagen, the aftermath of an invasion. The bodies whisper to me. Some I know, some I wish I didn't.

You could have done something. You could have stopped this. You could have done something.

Then the Ethereal again. Screaming at me, laughing at me.

Pray to your gods, weak one. You won't have them for much longer. The chosen one chose himself a long time ago.

I don't know what it means. I just want them to stop. I woke up at around 3am and headed to the bar to find Rosen there, deep in thought. I decided to leave him to it. He must be feeling pretty strange, having mind controlled that muton out in the field. Then Grelite caught up with me later, trying to speak to me about what happened. I want to trust this psionics, but having experienced the power they wield from the wrong side, I'm finding it harder and harder. Is this what the civvies around the base felt like when Grelite was discovered?

I might try and see if I can get that 'Mind Shield' thing from R&D. I'm not sure how it works but whatever it is, if it stops the Ethereals from controlling me then it must be good. I just wish things were how they were before this whole mess started.

GBenoreen

Bio Template

Name: Artyom "GB" Lastotsky
Place of Birth:Moscow, Russia
Military Background: Former member of Russian Army.
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: We were in a normal op to take care of some Chechen Mujahideen hiding out in a local forest north of my hometown, we got to their camp and no one was there. Everything went black all of a sudden, and my comrades and I were tied up by the bastards.
One of them Sukas' went up to Vasily, revealed his neck, and cut his trachea deep enough so that he didn't die instantly. He was gasping for breath and one of the assholes had an evil smirk on his face like he enjoyed someone knowing their end was coming. In a couple of seconds Vasily bled out and his misery ended. My other friend had been taken back to their base to be "interrogated". One of them stayed there and I manged to break out of the primitive rope shackles and snap his neck. When I was running I heard screams of agony and pain by what I assume was my other friend.
Weapon of Choice: High Powered Rifles
Additional Background Story: My parents...I had no parents, I was all alone in my life. Trying to scrounge up a living in the bustling and brutal city of Moscow. I learned basic reading and writing skills when I was 10. My parents were killed by some thugs with pistols. My mom's grandmother was dead and my dad nor my mom had any siblings. When I was seven I got some mean ass foster parents. They beat me and beat me and beat me until I was on the brim of internal injuries. When I was 20 I was in a car accident with my girlfriend and I lost my leg. I know have a fully functional robotic leg that can act like a real leg. 5 years after the car accident and I enlisted in the Russian Army. Then I went on a seemingly normal op....

Lethbridge_Gin

Mission Name: Operation Avenger
Journal Entry: November 14th 2015
So at long last the work on that Ethereal Thing and they found a good person to use. Can't hope to think what was going though Grelite "The God Sniper" using the thing on this day as i was talking with him before the use of that thing at the bar drinking and saying you are the best solider ever and you were here from the beginning at first contact and one by one the team dead but not you Grelite i think things went full cycle if my dad was here i think he say the same thing now i bet. after using the thing Grelite had changed into more a God Sniper, but a real true god like the one or something because he can get inside the war ship so me and the final crew on a break on the war ship and my last Crew was Grelite "The One", McBackstabber, Presariov, LocoRojo, Rosen0x5 & Jasper.VTH. We were off before you knew it.

On our way to the ship i turn on autopilot and told the team is was fun knowing you guys i am happy to say that maybe one last drink for us all to lighten the moment and i hope we all come back fine so good luck boys and and save our earth. as we came to the ship it was huge and lucky the ship had ghost tech made right into it for this last mission.As though out our time on this ship a voice tells about their alien race and also about the mental potential about Grelite being one. At the control room that one of those Ethereal was the aliens leader and most of our men killed and wounded but Rosen0x5 made the final blow and it was dead and then the ship was falling apart and i say get back on the ship as fast you can guys get the wounded and get on broad now! everybody was on their way but Grelite won't leave the ship and just said go! only and the team came back on broad with the wounded and i said what good damn happened in there and why Grelite staying we got to get him now over the comm Grelite what are you doing man GO! i only here and we leaved Grelite behind and i reported it in that Grelite was not on broad and next thing i see the war ship was heading up to space and set it to autopilot and see the ship going up and then Boom the ship was gone.................. Grelite NO!!!!!!!! That all i said that day.

On the trip home i think that Grelite saw this and i think earth looked beautiful from up there before he died. All i hear over the taken over towns all i hear at first loud cries so i had to see moving to that one single cry and what i saw was in the sunlight a fighting machine was the sorce of that one cry and then it stopped and i knew we have won........

Epilogue
After that day The torment had finally ended. The people scattered over the lost country's the thousands who had fled. all would return to normal. that small pulse of life growing stronger and stronger, would beat again. and here i am returned to my home in Langley B.C telling and making this epilogue as i make this after when i am done i will tell people about what happened on that last great day by Grelite's death but i have to fix up my home after the war with the aliens. i hope that Grelite is happy where he is now who give us on that last day.......

The End......

Status
Not open for further replies.