X-COM Recruit Biographies and Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Presariov

Name: Presariov
Current Rank: Captain
Mission Name: Operation Cursed Empire
Mission Objective: Locate Crashed UFO, Sweep Area For Surviving Crew And Neutralize Them, Preserve Craft For Recovery
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Journal Entry:
August 21st, 2015
As we continued to fight our way through, we were flanked again from a side door by a couple of flying things. They... they took out Kadratos before we could even respond.....
We fell back to the other side of the room while Loco and Jasper took them out. Commander Odd ordered us up to open the next room. As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by a huge, uh, thing? I ran back to the group (no way I'm fighting that thing on my own) and helped take it down. I the commander wanted to capture it, but Backstabber didn't get the memo and shot it dead.
We started to scout the next room, taking out several more alien things. Since Odd had me and Jasper scouting ahead, took the opportunity to show off my 1337 hardcore parkour skillz a bit.
The next room had two weird, tiny guys that looked next to harmless compared to what we've seen already, but everyone else looked pretty worried when they saw them, so we ran to the side door to flank them. We open-fired on one, but the other got some hits off on Jasper. Then it sent out a weird blueish energy thing towards Loco. He started looking really dazed until Rosen blew the shit out of the alien (and part of the wall).
Once we got back a few hours later, we went to pay our respects to Kadratos. other than that, I guess things went ok for my first mission.

Waricck

Name: Waricck
Current Rank: Squaddie
Mission Objective: Locate Crashed UFO, Sweep Area For Surviving Crew And Neutralize Them, Preserve Craft For Recovery
Kills This Mission: N/A
Journal Entry:
The doc's taken me off the ventilator and found out I'm fine now, so I'm up and about. He's given me some cream I have to rub on my neck every night to prevent scarring. I'm not too fussed, I'll just grow my beard a bit longer.

As soon as I left the infirmary I heard applause from the control room. A massive supply ship was shot down by one of our pilots. The commander wasted no time sending out a squad to clear the crash site. I stayed at base, I guess he wanted me to have some time to get used to my throat not being mostly a hole.

I relaxed in the barracks for a bit when I ran into one of the pilots. It's strange, I've known they've been around the base but I've never really talked to them before. He invited me to look over the ship of the pilot that just shot down the supply ship.

It was a wonder that this guy managed to get it back in one piece, the thing was a wreck. He said he'd had to glide his way back to base because his fuel tank was shot open by plasma. The actual plane was amazing. It's got weapons that are bigger, more powerful versions of the ones us troopers get to carry and they certainly must pack a punch if they can bring down ships of that size. I've always sort of considered the success of this place to always be down to us soldiers, but it's made me think that it's not just us that's saving the world out there, every man and woman in this place is contributing.

The word from R&D is saying that us snipers should be excited. For what, I'm not really sure but I'm going to go out on a whim and say it's a new rifle. If it's anything like those plasma rifles that Presariov and his men have got their hands on then I'm going to be impressed.

The raid on the ship didn't go too well, we lost a girl out there, one of the assaults. Again, I can't say I knew her but I'm sure she'll be missed. And one of the aliens somehow managed to take control of the other sniper, Loco. It's worrying, to say the least. . G's still having his brain prodded and poked and with any luck he'll emerge from whatever experience he's having and help tackle this new threat.

Rosen0x5

Name: Rosen0x5 "Moose"
Current Rank: Major
Mission Objective:
-Locate Crashed UFO
-Sweep Area For Surviving Crew And Neutralize Them
-Preserve Craft For Recovery
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 9
Journal Entry:
At long last, i am writing this journal from the safety of my bunk and NOT the Medical Wing! After the recent events i've been thinking a lot about what we're against. Im not saying my Heavy Laser isnt doing the job but i heard from a reliable source (the same scientist as before) that they managed to integrate several plasma rifles into one gun, now all they need to do is perfect it into a usable weapon. It sure would have proven useful today when we landed near a shot down UFO, and this was the biggest i've ever seen!

As we landed, there was an open route which we took right into the ship. It wasnt long untill we got ambushed by what appeared to be aliens with jetpacks. All i have ever seen were thin men but now this is where i see a little too much then i would have liked. We spotted 3 of them but only 1 charged and the others ran away, he was taken down quite easly. After that all was calm...UNTILL!

We proceeded to take positions infont of a energy door and when we opened it, what waited behind was what i thought to be the end of us all! Even tho the odds were highly against us, we maintained positions from the back while Jasper and Presariov retreated to a safer location. One by one they flooded, one by one they fell. Green brutes, red juggernauts never before have i seen such heavily armored beasts and still so agile. I had to soften up a few with my shredder rocket to make life easier for all of us and it did. We cleaned house and even managed to rack up a kill for myself. It was all looking well and swell for a moment.... UNTILL!

We got flanked by the floaters we first encountered, both of them flanked Kadratos. No one was in range, we could do nothing but watch as she fell from that platform landing on her neck, it was really gruesome. I almost joined her as the aliens shots flew right across my head, but i was really suprised when Loco missed 2 perfectly good shots at him with a laser rifle. If not for Jasper the floater would have taken another shot at my flank, and i dont think i would have been that lucky again.

As we pushed further on we took care of more hostiles, we got to the point where we ended up facing 2 bigheaded sectoids. No one could have expected that they would have telepathic powers! We tricked one of them into coming thrue the door where we made it into swiss cheese, but other sectoid was smarter.When it took over Loco i could hear him over the radio telling everyone that there was nothing wrong, seemed like the sectoid thought we were that stupid so i decided it was time to end this. Used my last rocket on him, we could only see yellow-ish blood after it hit and at that point Loco snapped out of it. It was a relief for all of us.

After the mission i spent a few hours infront of the memorial, theres a good chance my name will be there in the next few days. But i never did balieve in chance, i am going to see this through, chances or not.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Lethbridge Gin
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: None
Journal Entry: August 21th 2015
Resuming Recording Now.....
As i said i just reported that Kadratos was shot down and killed by 2 normal Floaters well that sucks that one of the A-Team got killed so i just returned to my normal post keep seeing the action most of the ship was nothing more then a cargo ship at the bridge of the ship there was 2 pink commanders the first one was shot down like grinned meat the second one when seeing on LocoRojo that his metal waves where changed to the alien's waves and i reported that i said "Commander you are not going to believe me but LocoRojo not himself it looks like the alien is now on the drivers seat and i know he being controlled i am getting "ODD" here have a look your self if you think i am wrong!" and Odd just said hit the Commander with a rocket now and that was the last alien and then LocoRojo metal waves went fine soon after and when the team got back we got more junk but i want to talk to LocoRojo what it felt like?, what happened to him? and i asked to be sent to medical just to see no real damage was there we had a metal test and he was fine and went to pay our respects to Kadratos and that was my day.
Lethbridge Gin signing out........
End Of Recording............

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: August 25th 2015
Today i went to training and being with with my other heavy solders and some of them went and told their times on missions and i say i have not been on a mission yet some say that the war be over by the time when my first mission comes some say to give me a break and and some day i will get my chance and when it came to mission time i got geared up for section there is a terror mission and i worry not to be in that mission some people say not all solders never come back and there was a last minuet chance and i think i was going with them but no again and the team was Presariov, Rosen0x5, LocoRojo, McBackstabber, Jasper.VTH and a local heavy named Rowanlol and off they went to japan to save the world again and back to my normal job. fells like things will be normal and everyone comes back alive i think i will have to wait and see and when it comes to missions i may ask commander odd if there is any mission that i can go on for this squaddie but after this mission............
End Of Recording..........

Grelite

Name: Grelite 'Loki'
Current Rank: Colonel
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 49
Journal Entry:
It has been a strange week; the tests I've been subjected to are testing my mental and physical limitations. I'd hoped they'd already gotten to know those better from my operations in the field. I suppose being the first to ever undergo this trial, I can expect it to be slow and unrefined. However, a sensation I do feel in the labs, something similar to when the shard sat in this base. Yet, rather than feeling unease, as if I was being watched, I feel more in control, as if I am watching. Yet, all I can see is myself and the inside of this 'Thinking Tank'.

The scientists say they have something special in store for me tomorrow and they seem to be optimistic about their projections, whatever those might be. But who knows, their first test might be a successful one, however unlikely it seems from the outside. I do not plan on giving up, I have always considered my mind my greatest weapon, even when I held a rifle that shot concentrated beams of death.

Waricck

Mission Name: Lost Jester
Mission Objective: Minimise civilian casualties, neutralise hostile targets
Journal Entry:
Had a terror attack this morning. These bastards are attacking people's homes and towns. The Commander kept me at base for this one, it was too high risk. I'm barely seeing any action these days. I don't think he realises that every mission we are fighting is high risk.

Grudges aside, we've got some new kit to play with. Backstabber was testing out some heavy armour in the field, it looks like something we would have had in videogames three years ago. Crazy. The guy's basically indestructible now. And I've heard from R&D that us snipers should be 'Climbing to new heights!' with something they're working on. Bloody cryptics.

The guys all came back from the mission without a scratch. The alien's are on the back foot now, they can't touch us. This damn war is nearing the end, I can tell.

Also, Grelite's out of the labs and can do freaky stuff with his mind now. I feel kind of lucky that I'm being taught how to shoot straight by possibly the most powerful guy to exist. Something to tell the girls when I get back. I guess everyone throughout the ages saying that magic didn't exist just hadn't met a guy like Grelite.

So, the aliens are getting dirty, our gear's getting huge upgrades and we've got a wizard on the team. Everything's going well.

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: August 25th 2015
Today mission went well as you might think to what happened last mission with the death of Kadratos and they got a berserker alive only thing happened today the Psi Testing was done for Colonel Grelite 'Loki' and test results says yes Grelite has mental powers and the 1st Psi Super Solder i fell so small now as to when we started and on to a new topic that R&D and work on Firestorm was done and i got to try heavy plasma gun but i think i never go on 1 mission any mission will do. So after finishing my work for today i went to see commander odd for the daily report and in his office i asked that if it is possible if there is a mission that i can go on at this time and i was just gone after talking and no calls so far......
End of Recording.

Grelite

Total Kills since joining XCOM: 49
Journal Entry:
I have seen many things, yet I cannot place all of it. A rediscovery of my own mind, something I had not previously thought possible. Throughout my life, I had sought control. Not of others, but of myself. I feel as though I have achieved more on a personal level than Dr. Vahlen can imagine. This testing unlocked something inside of me, the things I am now capable of doing...

When they opened my pod I didn't just feel all eyes on me; I could hear whispers of their thoughts. Their curiosity, their excitement... Their fear. I demonstrated a power unlike anything they had seen before, something they do not fully understand, something I doubt they will understand without experiencing it. But I know what I am to do. The alien threat persists and I intend to defend out planet and our species. And now I have tapped into the weapon that will be the invader's downfall.

Rosen0x5

Mission Name: Lost Jester
Mission Objective:
-Minimise civilian casualties
-Neutralise hostile targets
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 10
Journal Entry:
My first terror mission, honestly the adrenaline rush felt pretty good. Unfortunate for all the civillians that we couldnt get to but we cant count on suicide tactics to win this war. Good news is no one took a scratch, it was a pretty clean run. I will not go in much detail on this one as i am sharing a drink with my buddys, currently celebrating Grelites new discovored abilities. Hopefully we can use this to turn the tides to our favour, and no doubt we will.

Obviously this new found power of his is playing with his mind, he hasnt been the same since he got out of that thing. A man having that much power and resources put into him, he has quite the responsibility to deal with. Hell, i wouldnt mind sharing the spotlight but it aint my call to make. This cold beer and my amigos are suiting me just fine for now. Maybe after i finish this jug i'll go ask Grelite to show off a little, i need to know what im missing out on.

Lethbridge_Gin

Mission Name: Final Hymn
Mission Objective:
-Locate UFO
-Sweep Area For Crew And Neutralize Them
-Preserve Craft For Recovery
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 2
Journal Entry: September 8th 2015
From the desk of his home to his friends and family in Langley B.C. on that day the note reads
Dear fellow members of Lethbridge Gin kin to tell you that Lethbridge Gin died in battle dew to a mistake by commander odd and an alien and Gin has served his home with a high brow and in his stuff his final recording report that i will play it goes as this
Playing recording......
Today we had a UFO near where i live and when it came with who goes i was chose at long last i hope i don't die like a red shirt and i got geared up only Rownlol got better weapons and armor but i hope i get the same when i get back and during the trip over to the UFO and they want a recording during the mission and i was OK with it.
End of recording...
That was his last journal entry but we were able to get the recording of the battle.
playing video....
as we land on the UFO i saw it was huge as hell of a ship and as we land the snipers went into full cover and most of us was on the entry way on the right and if you see an alien shot to kill and as soon all went 2 red sectiods pop out and the snipers had some trouble just killing one and now what backstapper saw new armored mutons and i say oh beep and more armored floaters and then he saying oh we got bugs and i said god can this day get worse and then the other red sectiod got control over backstapper and a bug got close too me and i shot but i miss but Rownlol got my back on the bug and killed it and got a promotion but buy luck loco got backstapper back to normal most of the others got kills and odd says go take the shot on the armored muton and they say i had a 67% to hit but all that training pays off and got the alien basters and then i saw a huge fighting machine on two thin legs and as soon i saw it a new muton got a hit on me and i almost died i say that at medical but i had to use a rocket and got a drone but the same muton shot at me even i had a smoke on me it still hit me and here i am on the ground dieing and i never got to be a hero but hey at lest i tried i never came on other missions i am glad that before i died i get to sent 2 to hell and if some one plays this sent this to my son do what ever you can to help XCOM with guns or what ever and keep this green earth from these aliens to the end just like me....
End of log......

All but nothing for a few seconds and the son says i will help to reclaim my fathers honor from these aliens and i always what to fly so i will be your pilot and my name is Simon "Gin's Earth's Avenger" ready to lunch to battle.

Presariov

Name: Presariov
Current Rank: Captain
Journal Entry: September 8th 2015
Instead of sending us into the mission today, Commander Odd sent me and Rosen into 'psionic training.' The civies down there were super creepy. They explained to us that it's basically using our minds to make crazy things happen, which honestly sounded like something out of a book I have back in the barracks. After nearly 16 hours of testing and scrunching up my face trying to turn on a lightbulb with my thoughts, they told me that I wasn't 'gifted,' whatever that means. They told me to go get rest while they kept training Rosen. Poor guy didn't come back up to the barracks for another 3 hours, so it's understandable that he didn't play cards with us while we waited for the dropship to get back.
When it did get back, we got some sad news. The first one out of the ship was Lethbridge, on a cot with a sheet over him. It sucks. It really fracking sucks. I know we're supposed to stay tough and all, but I can't help but wonder how long it'll be until I'll be the one on that cot......

Grelite

Mission Name: Operation Final Hymn
Mission Objective:
Locate and neutralize all enemy forces
Locate and gain entry to the UFO
Kills This Mission: 4
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 53
Journal Entry:
It has been quite a while since I have been in the field. Though some might say that two or three weeks isn't that long a break, the time I spent in the labs makes it feel like it has been months. Right away I get a new Plasma Sniper's Rifle pushed into my hands, without so little as a pat on the head, almost as if the crew doesn't want to talk to me anymore, what must they be thinking?

Before we left to capture an alien supply barge that landed in the U.S., I saw Rosen and Presariov enter the Psi-labs and had a feeling about who would come walking out reborn. I had more pressing matters than to discuss this with my squad, however, for we had to get to the mission at hand.

We were dropped off at the loading bay of the supply barge and the six of us moved right into cover. I felt the presence of two Sectoid Commanders ahead and shot one right through the head before it could try to control the mind of one of our soldiers. The second held back out of range, at which point two Muton Elites, heavily armoured, heavily armed Mutons, emerged from the shadows.

Despite their size, when those bastards are in cover they are incredibly hard to hit. Neither Loco nor I managed to hit either of them while they were in cover, forcing the rest of the squad to retreat. At that point I could suddenly sense several more aliens quickly moving in. The Heavy Floaters dropped in first, letting Loco take out the first while I witted down the next, letting Jasper finish it off.

Right behind the Floaters three Chryssalids moved up and I took out one right away. With all the sudden appearances of that many aliens the Sectoid Commander took the opportunity to move up and take control of the mind of McBackstabber. More Heavy Floaters moved in and a Chryssalid moved right up to me, but Rowanlol shot it down before it could do any damage. Meanwhile LocoRojo took out the Sectoid Commander, freeing McBackstabber, who promptly took out another alien.

Just when we took out all the aliens in sight, knowing there were still those Muton Elites in the back, a massive mechanical unit emerged, named the Sectopod by our scientists, followed by two drones. Behind it the Muton Elites moved up and hit Lethbridge Gin pretty hard. I took out the Muton that shot him and Lethbridge managed to shoot a rocket, taking out one of the drones. LocoRojo and I took pot-shots at the Sectopod, but I did not do much damage.

The second Muton Elite prompty moved up and managed to kill Lethbridge before Loco took out the Sectopod with a few more shots and McBackstabber stunned the Muton with his Arc Thrower, after which Rowanlol shot down the last drone. We still heard more aliens ahead, but it seemed the toughest challenge has passed. The Chryssalids and Mutons that came running out after this big battle was over posed no real threat and we took them out without much effort.

Upon return we attended the memorial service for Lethbridge Gin, who had so valiantly stood with us in our toughest challenge, his rocket probably having saved us from another hit from the Sectopod. He will be remembered and honoured and I hear his next of kin will be arriving at our base soon. I will be sure to pay my respects to him. Let him know his father died a hero.

As I had expected Rosen emerged from the Psi-labs reborn. I was asked to have a talk with him as I am the only other person who had gone through what he was going through. It is good to know I am not alone in this, and I hope my support will make him less anxious about being gifted. Perhaps the two of us should do a little demonstration in the barracks so the rest of the soldiers don't feel too alienated by us. This afternoon, however, I will try to make some time to give Waricck some tutoring.

Waricck

Mission Name: Operation Final Hymn
Mission Objective:
Locate and neutralize all enemy forces
Locate and gain entry to the UFO
Journal Entry:
Once again, I wasn't on the list for the role call for this mission. I kind of feel I'm going to waste down here, but I guess the Commander knows what status the Great Invasion is in so he knows what he's doing. I didn't get a chance to talk with Grelite before he was off onto the dropship. I think he's feeling a little alienated (Ha) because all the civvies around here are treating him differently. Poor guy, he's got all that power at his fingertips but his reputation is being broken because of it. I'm thinking of having a word with some of the guys I know in R&D to try and clear it up.

Presariov and Jasper were sent to the Psi-labs, the same place Grelite went. Presariov came back soon enough and started playing cards with me in the barracks. He's a pretty nice guy, a bit sarcastic though. He had done a lot of recon work before the war so we had a good talk about that. Some new guy joined us half way through, he looked like a civvie. I heard that they drafted in some of the guys we rescued in the terror op a few missions back. I'm not sure if it's wise to go from recruiting veterans to recruiting random guys off the street, but I'll see how they perform in combat before I can judge.

We soon heard about Rosen being "discovered" over the in labs. Grelite's finally got some competition it seems. I went to the hangar to tell him once we heard the mission was a success and they were on the flight home but there was an atmosphere of mourning around the base. Lethbridge bought it.

He'd gone down fighting and had sacrificed himself for the team. It's the way he would have wanted to go. He was kept back at base a lot like me so we ended up talking a lot. I'll be drinking for him tonight. Presariov seemed pretty shaken up by the whole thing too, I reckon they knew each other well.

Anyway, the claxon's going for a new mission so I hope I'm on the ship this time. I want to play my part.

((I know you're probably getting annoyed by me complaining about no mission time Chris, but I'm not. Just what I think my character would be thinking. <3))

Rosen0x5

Total Kills since joining XCOM: 10
Journal Entry:
Darkness, silence, the stench of medical substances being injected into my body. I had no breaks, i had no time to rest. For many hours i stood in that pod feeling the sting of the needle that poked around my body, well... was it worth it ? I'd say so.

The moment i stepped out, a burst of energy took over my mind. Flashes, images, memories not yet expirienced. Nothing i could make sense out of, but i am not afraid. As i know i am not alone, we are not alone.

Grelites powers are more developed than mine, i only just got out. He will be sharing his knowledge of these mysterious new found abilities, which i am greatful for. Maybe he and i can make light of the images that i expirienced during my departure from the pod, no doubt he has aswell.

When i finally managed to take some time off my first destination was the bar. Oddly enough there was no cheering, almost everyone was avoiding eye contact with each other and mostly me. Also one of my drinking buddies was missing. And thats when i saw his picture on the wall, hanging down above a glass. Lethbridge's favourite drinking glass...

There will be Hell to pay.

svenska

Name: Aaron Womble AKA Svenska
Place of Birth: Malmo, Sweden
Military Background: Green as grass
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Watched 3 of his best friends in the military and his entire base get killed and destroyed.
Weapon of Choice: Whatever won't kill him the first time he uses it.
Additional Background Story: Aaron's parents were killed in a car accident when he was 11. Having a rough childhood he felt sickly relieved that they were gone. He lived with his best friend until they were both 16 before his friend was killed during a mugging. Having no idea where he could go next he joined the military after lying about his age. After his best friend died he had a strange obligation to get very protective over people he got fairly close to, making him very reckless at times. Now 17, he is still waiting for the chance to be something special in his career after several months sitting at a base in the middle of nowhere.

N

Nitrogunner

Log: START
Name: Nitrogunner
Place of Birth: Alaska
Military background Veteran in the US Navy seals...
Info Classified
Weapon of choice: something that will kill
Am training as of today in the X-com training program....All I can say is that it harder than hell do this stuff...
Log: STOP

(Dont know if I sigend up right..Sorry if i did not do it right)

Etriax

Name: McLaren
Place of Birth: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Military Background: Brief training for this XCOM thing
Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Aliens attacking Osaka!
Weapon of Choice: Anything, I guess... I have an affinity for handguns, I guess.

Additional Background Story/Journal Entry: I'm just an average guy, really. Twenty, relatively tall, still kinda deciding wha- well, that last bit doesn't apply anymore, does it? Not after my family gets slaughtered by the aliens and I nearly join them! August 15th, I think it was... Mom, my little brothers and sisters and I were asleep in our hotel room, alarms set for our flight back to America early in the morning, exhausted after a nice vacation from....... Well, home.

I was in bed, dozing on and off with my phone in hand, just watching some shitty YouTube poops, when a HUGE explosion (I think) went off not far from the hotel. Scared the crap out of me and woke everyone up, made the kids cry. Mom went into a panic, passing plane tickets to all of us right before she told me to start heading my siblings out the door. I wish I hadn't. Some weird bug thing met me at the door (looked like a Pokémon, now that I think about it), and it picked up one of my little brothers and... ate his head... I wish I was making that up. Poor Ryan... Then I felt my other hand being emptied, my youngest sister Carla running down the hall while giggling. She thought it was a game! I almost wanted to yell ay her to come back, but... Considering that Boldore was mating with Ryan's stomach, I decided to give chase... I don't know what happened to mom, Sheamus, Nigel, or Layla... I hope they got away...

Before I could get to Carla, though, i got to the elevator. S closed one, which the defiant little... brat... had gotten on... Before i could demand that she come back, i heard a roar behind me. I looked, and then immediately ran. A mini UFO with a freaking... kind of gun aimed right at me. Yeah, I'd run. I leaped down the stairs two at a time and got into the alleyway through the emergency exit... And it wasn't much better there. Screaming, sirens, blood, aliens, death everywhere. Thank Christ for adrenaline. I booked it as fast as i could in... A random direction. I don't remember where i was going, or even if i knew. I probably didn't. But before I knew it, I was at some kind of military base thing... Tanks everywhere, aliens, death, and... A weird plane with an emblem I had never seen before.

It read "Vigilo Confido". I didn't know what it was, but I saw the plane touch down not far away, and a group of six heavily, colorfully clad men and women, armed with laser miniguns and plasma weapons. I watched them, not running towards them like I wanted to. I don't know whether or not they were friendly; maybe they were a cleanup squad! I didn't know. I watched as they killed a few of those alien motherhubbards, but while I was watching that, I didn't notice one of them running at me until he was right on top of me. A guy in yellow armor. He got up to me, breathing hard as he pointed towards their plane and told me to go. I listened; anywhere's better than there. I sat down inside, trying to get some answers out of the pilot, but either I wasn't heard or I was being ignored.

After a short while, four others joined me on the plane, as well as the soldiers from before. That time, i stayed quiet. I shut my mouth, closed my eyes, and rested as adrenaline wore off.

When I woke up, I found myself in some kind of infirmary, being watched over by a doctor and somebody who looked like another soldier... They had the look of one, anyways (if anyone wants to take this role, go right ahead). We talked a little; I got their name, I gave 'em mine, and he told me what this place was... A facility for a group called "XCOM", apparently formed to fight the aliens.

I don't know why I did it, but I asked where I could go to sign up.

Next thing I know, I'm a member of the XCOM armed forces. Funny; I never wanted to be a soldier. Too late now, though! Besides, if mom and the other kids are dead... Somebody has to avenge them, right?

-McLaren

Addendum: Come to think of it, why did I end up in an infirmary? I don't remember being injured...

Smiley Boloney

Name: Smiley Boloney

Place of Birth: Dublin Ireland

Military Background: Smiley was a leading figure in a small militia in Dublin executing hit and run strikes on alien facilities and patrols before being, eventually, evacuated by the army to a military base further inland. Here he was better trained and a high ranking officer put him in contact with XCOM recruiters.

Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: He was forced to watch his girlfriend of three years get gunned down in the early days of the invasion. This resulted in extreme hatred for the aliens and drove him to seek out any people willing to fight back. To this day he carries a picture of her with him at all times to fuel his rage and remind him of his motivations.

Weapon of Choice: It doesn't much matter to him, his signature weapon in his militia days was a reinforced hurley stick, sometimes used to launch explosive devices.

Additional Background Story: Smiley forms strong bonds easily with his brothers, and sister, in arms as anybody that helps fight the aliens is alright in his books. He hasn't seen a huge amount of combat as a small country like Ireland was low on the aliens' priority list. He is also very serious when it comes to business but when it's time for a break he is light hearted and is great at easing tension.

svenska

Name: Svenska
Current Rank: Applying to XCOM Project
Mission Name: N/a
Mission Objective: N/a
Kills This Mission: N/a
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/a
Promotion: No rank
Journal Entry: I was sitting with my buddies playing blackjack, we were all having a good time. Berwald was laughing at a joke that was told when a giant fist ripped through his throat. A giant... thing, was standing behind him. While we were frozen in shock two bug eyed creatures burst through the other side of our tent sporting what looked like pistols with green tubes attatched to the top.
Tino was the first to regain his senses as he stood up and shouted, "Vad fan ar det som hander!?" (What the fuck is going on!?) As he reached for his gun a large hole suddenly opened through the top of his head. Within 15 seconds of meeting new life on earth 2 out of 3 of my best friends were dead. Felix screamed as he stood up and ran out of the tent, I following close behind.

As we ran out of the tent screaming many heads turned to stare at us, I screamed at them, "Springa! Javla kor!" (Run! Fucking run!) Then, all hell broke loose. Those creatures all seemed to burst out of nowhere at once, explosions happening everywhere, dissolving whatever they touched, and the screaming... men and women alike, trained to be hardened badasses were almost pissing themselves in terror.

Felix and I ran. We ran until we had to stop or else we would throw up. I heard voices, human voices. Felix stood up and ran to them screaming gibberish. I was stunned when I ran around the corner to see Felix's body a mutilated corpse and 6 men in terrifying armor holding smoking weapons.

I stumbled over to his body and shook his shoulders while sobbing at his husk of a corpse, "Nej. Nej. Nej! Nej! Nej! Felix!" (No. No. No! No! No! Felix!) I grew pale as i realized the men were still there. I looked them and saw mostly American flag patches on their arms, so i pleaded in the best english i could, "Please. Please! Please don't kill me! I want to go-" i cut myself off abruptly as I remembered there was nothing in my hometown for me to go back to. i felt my personality grow colder as I looked back up at them and said calmly, "Please. Let me go with you."

A man with the word 'Loki' scratched onto the forehead of his helmet slowly pointed to the ship in which they came in. i sighed with relief and shaked my hands together at them and said, "Tack! Tack!" (Thank you! Thank you!) I took one last look at Felix's body before i rushed to the ship and quickly passed out while reflecting over what had just happened over the course of the last 15 minutes.

I awoke to a stunningly white room. As I was trying to figure out where I was a voice interuppted my thoughts, "Hi, I'm McLaren." I turned to him. he looked very similar to Felix. I smiled despite what had happened to me what I assumed to be hours ago. i said to him,"I'm Aaron but my friends call-" I stopped myself. "Called me svenska." he looked at me with a frown and started to carry a conversation about a different topic, knowing it was a touchy subject. We carried on a conversation about random things and we both decided to sign up for whatever this was. we had just stopped talking when a doctor came in and helped him away after we both said our goodbyes.

I gave a small smirk and had a feeling i was going to like it here. I made a promise to myself and my dead friends that i would avenge them. And that i wouldn't let another close friend die like that.

End Log.

Status
Not open for further replies.