Name: Presariov
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion: N/A
Journal Entry: April 20th, 6:13 PM:
It's been a while since I logged a journal. They've started training us harder, and I can usually just fall asleep as soon as we're in the barracks. It's been a crazy couple of months and I think everyone's a little on edge.
Yesterday, the main team was dispatched to Mexico to clean up some more of those alien buggers. When they got back that afternoon though, Sargent Linus' red clad body was on a stretcher. I had assumed he got shot up pretty bad, but that the doctors could fix it.
Turns out I was wrong. The chief medical officer came out to the hanger and pronounced him dead.
I just can't believe it.
I mean, Grelite said he was kind of distant and antisocial, but he was still one of the best fighters in their squad. It seems like only yesterday we were all playing cards in the barracks...

April 20, 11:34 PM:
Holy crap. The squad just got back 10 minutes ago, another dead guy. Poor Sightup seemed like a good guy, and he had only been on one other mission. I guess the aliens don't discriminate, though.
We're all watching the TV report on it right now. Despite their victory, it looks like the main squad isn't going to be celebrating.

April 28, 10:32 am:
I'm starting to wonder whether or not I'll be ready when the time does come. It seems like every mission there's a new dead soldier. 'G' or whatever he called himself was a good shot in training, too. Who's fault is it, though? Are the rookies being careless, or does commander Odd really know what's best for us? I know the aliens are dangerous, but this is getting kinda surreal.

May 6, 11:44 am:
Like I said. Every mission, a new dead guy. Aberen was nice, though I didn't know them very well. We also just got word that an interceptor was shot down in the US. I've heard talk of recruiting more into the battle, but I don't know if I'm ready. We've been training so hard, and yet there's still guys dying out there. I'll admit it, I'm seriously terrified.

Grelite

Name: Grelite 'Loki'
Current Rank: Captain
Mission Name: Operation Dying Daze
Mission Objective:
Sweep the abduction site and identify threats
Neutralize all hostile targets
Kills This Mission: 2
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 16
Journal Entry:
As Dr. Vahlen had predicted, the aliens showed up with a new challenge today in Japan. Big, scary brutes that can take an absolute beating. I mean, I put at least one bullet into each of them with my sniper rifle, but none of them led to one-hit kills. On top of that, Toolbox almost shot me with her fancy new laser rifle when one of them started screaming when Aberen pelted them with a rocket.

And still, after killing those three 'Mutons', we still had to deal with Sectoids, Thin Men and Floaters. It was a tough fight, but I am not one to let my squad down. As the only officer present on the field, I had to take charge, relaying the commander's orders and trying to keep the team motivated despite the overwhelming enemy numbers.

By moving from cover to cover, back into the streets, we managed to pick them off one by one, until only two were left standing. We knew we had to advance back into the construction site. As we moved up we took a Floater by surprise. I thought we had a good position set up in full cover, knowing there was only one Thin Man left. Yet, when he leapt from the first floor, I realized I was still holding my pistol and only had the time to take the shot with that.

None of us were able to hit him before he got into cover and took down Aberen. They said she died instantly, without much pain. Little consolation for the loss of a fellow soldier who had fought by my side for such a long time. I'll see if I can make some time tomorrow to visit the memorial in the gaps in my officer training schedule. She will never know how much I'd admired her.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Lethbridge Gin
Total Kills since joining XCOM: None
Journal Entry: May 6th 2015
A small amount of time later that the team returned but Lt. Aberen was shot down by the last guy who was a thin man sadly Aberen was also was there at first contact with the aliens. The team also saw a new type of alien who are brute and strong for maybe for a guard and been named muton odd name ever but never mind that.
Journal Entry: May 7th 2015
A UFO was over north America we tried to sent a jet but it ran away before it was shot down.
Journal Entry: May 16th 2015
The foundry was made today and a lot of cuts in money as normal as it gets.
Journal Entry: May 21th 2015
Today the council Commander Odd's Bosses called for a mission to go to Canada because the aliens plan to blow it up with a bomb. Commander Odd sent LocoRojo, Lars128, McBackstabber, Grelite, Repkam09 and a rookie named Daniel P.C. now a 6 packed team and i hope Odd gets more man power soon.
Lethbridge Gin over and out sir!

Grelite

Mission Name: Operation Fading Shroud
Mission Objective:
Deactivate the bomb before it goes off
Delay detonation countdown by deactivating the bomb's power sources
Prevent reactivation by eliminating all remaining opposition
Kills This Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 16
Journal Entry:
The bomb disposal operation in that Canadian graveyard was an absolute nightmare, not just because it was a graveyard filled with aliens trying to set off a bomb at night. The only shot I got off barely hit the Thin Man and there were poisonous gas clouds everywhere! I did get to use my battle scanner effectively, allowing us to take three of them by surprise, killed them before they even knew we were there.

Despite the resistance and pressure we managed to deactivate the bomb and return with all six of us still alive. Back at base the hangar has been busy, refitting the interceptors with the new Pheonix Cannons. Perhaps the commander is expecting something big. If he's right, I imagine we'll be having our hands full on the ground.

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: May 21th 2015
as some time soon after the call to Canada with everyone being OK after the last few deaths. we had to modify the jets with Phoenix Cannons for the whole day if something big is coming to earth.
Journal Entry: May 24th 2015
3 days went buy with clean blue skis and the aliens again on to more taking people and commander Odd helping out Germany and sent LocoRojo, TehMagicToolbox, McBackstabber, Grelite, Repkam09 and Daniel P.C. hope they come back safe and sound in Germany
Lethbridge Gin Report Sent.

Meaningofbread

Bio Template

Name: Meaning Dusk

Place of Birth: Holland

Military Background:
Was raised by hippie parents, so he always had an interest in war. As parents were against civil disputes, he decided to join the French engineering core to see what the fuss was about. After getting bored in the back of the fight, he moved to Africa to work as a doctor for all sides. Contacted XCOM a few weeks after first alien contact and has been waiting for the application to be returned

Worst thing witnessed in any previous battle before XCOM: Was working in a field hospital during the Egyptian Revolution. The building was bombed with Phosphorous and he barely made it out alive.

Weapon of Choice:
Shotgun. Likes medpacks and keeping team-mates alive.

Additional Background Story:
Parents gave him an odd name, and was mocked throughout his entire school life. Still tries to be outgoing and friendly with as many people as possible. Tries to make friends with other soldiers, in order to build a more coherent team.

Grelite

Mission Name: Operation Fading Star
Mission Objective:
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 18
Journal Entry:
It was pouring with rain at the abduction site in Argentina, it was like a dramatic scene from a movie. Just as Toolbox managed to use the new Arc Thrower on a Floater, stunning it, another Floater moved up and shot her in the head. I couldn't believe it. She had been with us the very first time we ran into those extraterrestrial bastards, and that means I am the only one still alive from the four of us who went on that first operation.

I felt like the rest of the operation was in slow-motion, in a kind of tranquil rage I felt the rain drop tap on my helmet and armour one at a time, the Floaters and Thin Men moving through the motionless scene and my cross-hairs right over their heads. They were dead, all of them. I would have torn apart that stunned Floater if it wasn't for Toolbox having given her life to capture that freak.

Kadratos

Name: Kadratos
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Journal Entry: It finally happened, I was called to XCOM. The plane trip took a full 3 days but I can't complain, we all had a lot to talk about on the trip here. Mainly about how in the last month the XCOM project had reached a number of soldiers that the commander was asked to recruit more, Germany withdrawing from the project and overall panic in a couple of different countries. That's what we're here for though, to fight the aliens and take back OUR planet.
There were 4 other recruits on the plane with me: Jasper.VTH from the United States, HomesliceHobbes from Saudi Arabia like myself, DarkChaosReign from South Africa and Rowanlol from Scotland. An interesting bunch to be assured but then again XCOM had never enlisted 5 soldiers at the same time before, besides when it was first started. Everyone seems ready to fight but I can't help this feeling in my gut that before this is over I'm going to lose some friends, maybe even lose myself. It doesn't matter though; as long as we win then the cost is worth it, I just have to put my faith in the Commander and in my fellow soldiers.
Once we arrived we all got issued pink armor (great camouflage, I know!) and Commander Odd read off our names. He was closer to pronouncing my name right the first time than most people, saying it kadraatos instead of kadrahtos but I give the man credit for being close. Actually, he seemed more confused by Rowanlol which made me lol (I had to make the joke, I'm sorry journal). Cdr. Odd seems to be genuinely happy to have us here (unlike that pilot, I've never met a man who hated his job more) which makes me believe that this is going to be a good experience, the first step to being a leader is being able to convince people to follow.
There's a mission going out today and I hope that I get to see everyone make it back safely. I'll begin meeting more of the soldiers who have been here longer once they return and until then I'm signing off to go explore the facility, after all this is going to be my new home for who knows how long.

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: May 24th 2015
A sort time soon on that day the team got back from Argentina and sadly said that TehMagicToolbox was killed by a Floater, but her death was not in vain that TehMagicToolbox helped getting a live alien Floater. We had a memorial for TehMagicToolbox it was short and nice as soon it was done it was time to make this Floater talk for all the people that the aliens killed i thought to myself i had it with it. i went to R&D i want it to talk to us and some time later we only had mental images of a Sectoid and people told me the other one was the alien that keeps diapering after dieing as soon it was done i left to get some air and getting these problems out my mind so went out see the doctor again and told her how i felt she did the best in her filed and told me to take training off for a short while so i went to my bunk and start writing this entry.
Journal Entry: May 27th 2015
a huge UFO came to USA so we sent a jet but unable to bring it down.
Journal Entry: June 1th 2015
we had bad news that the aliens took over Germany and they left the X-com Project to the aliens and Commander Odd got some new rookies to go on missions just 6 more guys so i can get my chance to help on missions soon i can't wait for that.
Journal Entry: June 9th 2015
8 days later that a small UFO showed up over Africa we sent the team there with LocoRojo, Lars128, McBackstabber, Grelite, Repkam09 and a rookie named Tim Foster.
Lethbridge Gin signing out!

jasper.vth

Name: Jasper_vth
Mission Name: /
Mission Objective:
Arriving at the base
Kills This Mission: 0
Journal Entry: I finally got the thumbs up, they finally started recruiting more people at the X- com project. I already thought they had skipped me or that they didn't value me high enough... I even feared they had given up because I heared Germany pulled out their funds for the project. I got the letter which said they were going to transport me to the base on the given date, but I heared all the disturbing news from Europe as well...

So When I arrived at the base I feared I was going to have to fight for a lost cause... After a tour around the base with all its facilities however, I felt a lot better. The base couldn't have been equiped better; they had a foundry, an officer training school, an alien containment,.... When I came into the small bar located at the barracks, they even got Belgian beer.

I also got to talk a little with the veteran warriors after I settled into the barracks, almost all of them had markings of terrible burnings. They said it was caused by the plasma the aliens had shot at them (Which they will be shooting at me very soon as well). I was impressed to hear their stories, someone even started crying because of the fallen heroes... Then they started to talk about the different kinds of aliens, the names they gave to them are just derived from the way they look. "you will learn their names by shooting them" they said. All I could think about when hearing this was "I hope I will be the one shooting, not the one getting shot".

Before I went to bed on my first, exhausting day at the base the veterans gave me one last advice: Don't think yourself a hero in the field of battle when you stand beside us, we're all part of the bigger team and property of the X-com project with only one goal... Which is saving the human race.
I slept very good that first night, everything depends on the team and everyone depends on the team.

Lethbridge_Gin

Journal Entry: June 9th 2015 Bonus note
Ever since Argentina i saw Grelite been i don't know what to say but if i have to say that he is the last one of the 4 who was there at first contact with the aliens so some time after i saw Grelite and told him i know what is going on here that your the last one on first contact if you got the time i like to have a strong good drink to the dead and the hope for x-com i did not get an reply from him soon.

Lethbridge_Gin

Some time later since the call to Nigeria the team got back but poor lars128 was killed but we got our hands on the alien that keeps dispersing after killing it is a crystal and Repkam09 is in medical for 6 days. R&D called this new alien an outsider makes sense when you think about it. Nothing to report now i hope we can now end this war fast now and i think i get out of my money problems much faster without going on missions at all. :( Signing out for now

Kadratos

Name: Kadratos
Journal Entry: The team came back from a mission short one, lars128. I never met the guy but if what I heard about him was true then he was a good man and it's a real shame that he didn't make it. After visiting the memorial I realized that he's the 7th casualty out of 15 missions and if casualties carry on like this then there'll probably be more recruits soon enough. It seems like Cdr. Odd is really trying to keep his troops alive and told us to stay as safe as we can out on the missions, only make risks that he says to take.
I saw a sheet outside the research lab where Cdr. Odd was asking what we wanted researched next, everyone had written down better armor and I didn't hesitate to sign my name. I know that the result outweighs the cost but that doesn't mean that we should throw away soldiers unnecessarily for this war. The fact that Cdr. Odd is asking us what we wanted researched is nice, knowing that he trusts us enough to choose what gets researched.
I met a couple of the veterans today and I have no idea where they get the nicknames from, I guess it's something you can only see on the field. After meeting them I know that they're the sort who I'll gladly have covering my six, heck maybe even covering my 12 with some of the stuff that I've heard has been going on out there. I don't know how long it will be before I get sent on a mission to join them but I might as well make the best of this base while I'm here, I wonder if the research lab would object to me working overtime...

Grelite

Current Rank: Major
Mission Name: Operation Devil's Star
Mission Objective:
Locate and neutralize all enemy forces
Locate and gain entry to the UFO
(Don't let anyone die)
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 19
Promotion: Captain to Major
Journal Entry:
Our six-man squad was deployed in a stream in Nigeria near to where a UFO had landed. As we tried to approach the craft in a semi-flanking formation we were spotted by three mutons. For such big targets they become really difficult to hit once they have the slightest bit of cover.

I was nervous when three floaters flew in right after we took down one muton, but Lars made quick work of them using his rocket-launcher, taking all three and another muton right down. As we wearily tried to avoid the third muton, one of the 'Outsider' crystal beings shot at Repkam from the hull-breach inside the vessel.

The Commander really kept his cool when he directed us to stay back and let it walk into our fire. Lars got a good shot off at it, it was obviously weakened. I was ordered to keep overwatch with my pistol as Foster made his way forward. As he took cover on the other side of the wall the Outsider took cover behind I saw three more mutons move up inside the ship. I took a shot, hitting one of the mutons, giving Foster a little time to move back into better cover.

With more hostiles to worry about now the others were ordered to move into better cover while I kept overwatch, followed by having me move back into a more suitable sniping position when the others had gotten into position. Foster had just taken out the muton I'd weakened with my pistol when plasma bolts flew out of the crack in the hull, hitting Lars, killing him instantly.

To make matters worse, after McBackstabber and LocoRojo took care of another muton, the Commander ordered me to move 'right down in his bloodpool'. Commander Odd even seemed to laugh a little at those orders...

With me disturbed by my orders, but obliging anyway (it was no time to fall out of line), Foster stunned the Outsider with his Arc Thrower. While Dr. Vahlen was celebrating the mission wasn't over yet, we knew there were still mutons out there. One started shooting from the doorway and missed Foster by the skin of his teeth.

Again we moved back into cover and drew the muton out, allowing me and LocoRojo to take a few shots at it, but despite the hits failed to kill it. Repkam finished him off just as the last muton moved into the ship, up behind the power core. We were ordered once more to move back and lure it out, even-though I had a fairly good shot at it, but when the Commander finally allowed me to take the shot, I made it count, killing the last muton in a single shot to the head.

Upon return the lab boys were far too caught up in the Outsider crystal to bother with us, they seem to care little one of us was killed today, they have their 'science victory'. I attended Lars's memorial service after the promotion ceremony, the list of fallen comrades is getting extensive.

This is the first time I have been worried about the Commander's competence, perhaps it is something to discuss with the guys, regarding what happened during this mission. Perhaps it was just the pressure Dr. Vahlen put on him to capture that Outsider, but I'll hold off on that discussion until tomorrow.

Lethbridge_Gin

Commander odd had chose the Carapace Armor for R&D and quickly got started.
Journal Entry: June 11th 2015
the aliens are attacking again so Odd sent his team to India the team are Daniel P.C., LocoRojo, McBackstabber, Grelite, Tim Foster and a rookie named Jasper.VTH and they were off quick as a flash. some time later the team returned with no deaths and now commander Odd thinks what to do with $200 and Canada again was attacked hope they do not sup come to the aliens.
over and out.

Grelite

Current Rank: Major
Mission Name: Operation Twisted Stallion
Mission Objective:
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 21
Journal Entry:
We didn't lose anyone today; I'll start with that. Though we faced a lot of tough guy mutons, our coordination went just right, we had a really good team out there. I started off a little nervous, missing a couple of shots, but when I saw how well the others were doing as a team I calmed my nerves and started getting some hits in.

In the end none of us even got hurt. This mission really brought the team a much needed boost, I'll be sure to brag about the performance of my squad to the guys, and of course rate them all 10/10 in my report. Certainly a dream-team, let's hope it wasn't just a fluke.

jasper.vth

Name: Jasper_vth
Current Rank: SQ.
Mission Name: Twisted Stallion
Mission Objective:
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 2
Journal Entry:After laying sick in the barracks for a couple of days (explains the lack of a journal entry for the previous period) I only heared a few days later that lars128 had been killed during the previous mission in which they catched an alien. Although his dead wasn't for nothing, it is still sad, so I went to the memorial to pay my respect to him.

After I came back and Commander Odd noticed that I was back to normal he said that there has been an alarming situation in India and he selected me to be the rookie that had to come along to get some experience with the alien- combat. I was the only inexperienced one on this mission and I had to say that I actually was quite scared that the commander was going to use me as meat shield to protect the more valuable and experienced people. But then I remembered what the others said to me on my first night at the base: everything depends on the team and everyone depends on the team.

I had to have faith in the team, I protected them and they protected me. The first shot I fired was a bulseye, I heared commander Odd screaming in my ear through the in- ear system that he would remember this. I already smelled a promotion coming at that point.

We shot a few aliens, but there were a load of them sitting in a nearby building, we immediately rooted out some of them. The others retreated, we did the same. That was the most agonising moment I ever experienced... We had a general idea were they where, but they could attack us from both sides. On a certain moment, it seemed like the aliens were doubting about their next step as much as we were...

When they showed their head however, we shot them. The adrenaline rush during this mission was unbelievable, the lack of adrenaline when everything was over was hard. Only when the adrenaline levels dropped back I noticed how exhausted I actually was, I wasn't the only one suffering from this however.

During the long flight back, we had time to rest and relive the mission we had just survived. When we came back to base, I was almost fully rested again and I was even more pumped when Commander Odd came and said I had my promotion. I was rookie no more, starting from that moment forward I was a SQ.
They made me a support, which I am quite happy about. I won't be the hero, I will support the heavy's and the assaults for all I'm worth. The commander said he was expecting great things from me. I will try my hardest to meet his expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.