X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 Recruitment Centre - New Rules and TIPS - PLEASE READ ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
[This thread is ONLY for recruiting. Please do not post anything in here unless you're applying to be a recruit.]
B75i5y6.png

[PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY RECRUITS. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS WILL PROHIBIT YOU FROM JOINING X-COM]

Last season was absolutely amazing, although a little bit short. Those god damned aliens got the better of me, and I cannot let that stand!! I was considering waiting for The Bureau to release before I started Season 3, but I'm not sure how it'll lend itself to a role play, so here we are, back with Season 3 of X-COM Enemy Unknown.

Regarding the role play aspect, I learned a lot from the last two seasons of X-COM. By providing more structure as explained below, it should make for a more effective world and even better experience for everybody!

The Time Line

1947 - An alien probe arrives in the Solar System. It arrives on Earth by July, scanning the surface from space for a few days before sending out a go-signal and crash landing on July 7th in Roswell, New Mexico in the United States. Its remnants are recovered by the US government and the event is covered up. Civilians are unaware of this occurrence.
2014 - An alien scout arrives on Earth and sets up an alien base in a remote location. It goes unnoticed and the scout calls for the rest of the fleet once the base is set up.
2015 - The fleet arrives in the Solar System, its advanced cloaking technology hiding it from being detected. On March 1st the first of the alien strikes is ordered in a civilian centre. The local military team sent in to investigate went silent. The XCOM Project is launched as one of the protocols set for these situations. Commanding this Project is Commander Odd and the project is financed by the Global Council. While an underground base is prepared, a squad of four XCOM soldiers is sent to investigate the site.​

The Rules

1. Minimum of 1 journal entry per episode if you are in the active squad that went out on a mission. Feel free to write as many journals as you'd like as long as they follow all of the rules/guidelines. If you're not in the active squad and your application was approved by Grelite or myself, you can still write journals.
  2. The role play takes place in the X-COM universe as laid out by the game.
  3. X-COM chooses the best and brightest people from around the world. You're not sure why, and you're not sure for what, but you've been chosen for something. And it's big.
  4. You are a human being, aged 18-40, without special abilities or powers.
  5. The only alien attacks that occur are the ones displayed in the game. They're small and fast, XCOM is the only first-response team that has experience by the time multiple strikes start to happen.
  6. Previous seasons of X-COM have not occured from a role play perspective.
  7. EDITED, MOVED FROM TIPS TO RULES FOR MORE VISIBILITY: Currently, we are unaware of alien invasions, so they probably didn't kill your family.
  8. Since all new applicants will arrive post the events of the second episode, you can assume aliens are now common knowledge, but there have only a few locations that were struck by the aliens (see episodes for details), some were cleared by X-COM (missions so far), the others fell to the threat, making it unlikely that any soldiers have had a surviving encounter with aliens before joining X-COM.
Tips for your character

• Remember that Journal entries are personal. They cannot be read by other characters without your permission ;)
  • Be creative with your back story.
  • Think about a profession you may have. X-COM chooses the best and brightest. You'll likely have some military training.
  • Soldiers do not have access to lab specimens and equipment, if even the floor. There are windows and you can talk to scientists, but it is unlikely anyone will let you in.
  • You are not a hacker and even if you were, breaking into the XCOM systems is practically impossible. An alien computer would likely be able to do it, but no human-alien computer interface exists.
  • Do your research, if you are not sure about something ask someone or try to look it up. If you wonder if field medics (which supports really aren't, since they just know how to apply a med-spray) can perform medical procedures in the facility, you'll soon find the answer is no. They did not study medicine, they are trained as soldiers.
  • Regarding other characters' journal entries: Perhaps your characters keeps to him/herself; the base is large and not everyone is social. Or perhaps you simply do not have the time to read it all.
Getting Started

Now that you have read about the time line, rules and tips, you can get started on your character application. Just follow these simple steps.

Step 1.
Reply once to this thread with the following format:

First Name:
Last Name:

Gender: (Male or Female) I am using a mod that will let me choose the gender of the person I am hiring, so everyone can ensure they get what they want.
Biographical Synopsis: [This is where you start your backstory. You do not have to reveal everything if you intend to make it part of your journals, but "very little is known" is not enough. Make it count, soldier! This is where the approval process will come into play.]
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Step 2.
Await approval from either Grelite or Myself. Approval posts will be made at least once every 48 hours, given there is at least one application to process. Approved characters will be added to the bottom of the roster. Yes; it's still first-come, first-served.

Step 3.
Once approved, you can start writing journals right away.

Step 4.
Have fun!

Final Remarks

I know English is not everyone's native language, you can always send a PM to Grelite for help. He's also made himself available to bounce role play ideas off of. Thanks for the support Grelite.

The List (In Order)

Active means you are listed in the game itself and can be taken on missions. Inactive means you are not, but you are presumed present at the base.

Active
Space Paddy - KIA
Booker Conan
Anja Kjær
Presariov Astaeri - KIA
Zain Shah
Rex Rumbler - KIA
Vash The Stampede - KIA
Jorn Lemonade
Joel Freeman - KIA
Colum Campbell
Big Farmer
Daniel Oudwater
Colin Weger - KIA
Axton Van Dam - KIA
James Love
Caesar Martinez - KIA
Stevie Steve
John D. Eddings
Leon Ensslin
Aaron Bryant
Anna Stone
Ayame Kasagi

Inactive
Jesse Cooper
Nadia Ali
Samuel Wright
Zeke Kraven
The Captn
Ed Cameron
Roger Jarvis
Cyrus Hart
Evan Royce
Ray Heiven
Persephone Brown
Gavin Balter
Thef Rebell
Ian Mond
John Cooper
Necron Overlord
Tim Foster
Thomas McKenzie
Tilly Hunt
Paedar MacLochlainn
Joshua Sherill
Robert Robinson
TDog Jackson
Dylan Villerot
Thomas Kincaid
Jasmin Lebed
Peace Keeper
Leo Bernervall
Joachim Bloodas

Active Interceptor Pilots:
Derick Lee - Asia
Pierre Manglaise - North America
Bahhar Jurist - Africa
Jett Storm - Europe
Pinky Pirate - South America

Inactive Interceptor Pilots:

Skyranger Pilot:
Toni Szanches

Last edited by a moderator:

LegitBrit13

First Name: Fenix
Last Name: Tomita

Biographical Synopsis:

I want to show Supreme Commander ChristopherOdd that I have the cahones to do what's right. I want to prove myself. Not the greatest, but I believe I should be given a chance. Majored in IT. Was nearly done with BT when I got word about my husband. Dead. Circumstances unknown. My...everything. Taken away in that one moment. If I get a chance to save lives, I'll take it. Saving innocent lives, saving someone else's everything...that's why I'm here. Let me at any son-of-a...that DARES try to destroy this world with the horrors of war. I'll kill. I'll fight. If need be, I'll die to protect the loved ones so NOBODY has to lose a part of them like I did. Time for this phoenix to take flight.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself (you better damn believe it), unconditionally (too damn right), to the cause (to preserve life and innocence in a time of war). I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my Supreme Commander ChristopherOdd (unless they involve leaving innocents to die, in which case, screw the rules). I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life (Bring it! I'll die every death for every man, woman and child on this earth until the horror of war is ended). Watch as I spread my wings and scorch the earth beneath me.

Space Paddy

First Name: Space
Last Name: Paddy
Biographical Synopsis:
Not much is known about Space Paddy (just kidding)
Member of the Irish rangers. Joined the army at 18 because I was thought to defend the innocent and protect those that couldn’t help themselves. I Joined the UN Peace core and was shortlisted for the rangers not too long after. On my first outing I got some shrapnel in my leg and spent the last few months in recovery. Spending the days in the ward is boring but I have spent the last few months improving my skills. I’m Itching to get back into the fight.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Lethbridge_Gin

First Name: Booker
Last Name: Conan
Biographical Synopsis: My Name Is Booker Conan. I was a mercenary to do some serving in Iraq taking care a few people over the years and cleaning up any of our enemy still living for money and sport. Had time in the army, but it was not paying the big bucks. So me and a few of my boys started mercenary work dealing with slime balls in 2000. Like small firearms dealers, big times government people and last cleaning up big messes after big wars and when we are done. We keep things clean at the end and who knows what job is next.

Meaningofbread

First Name: Anja (Ann-ya)
Last Name: Kjær(K-yehr)
Biographical Synopsis: Anja, born in a middle class family in the center of Copenhagen, always had a fascination for survivalisim. She always found the urban center boring, and predictable. Loving the great outdoors, she would constantly take camping trips with basic survival equipment and see how long she could last. Always with a knife in her pocket and a pack of matches in her hand, she joined the foreign core of the Danish military, in attempt to get the ultimate survival challenge. Now, getting older, she has settled down in the Irish countrysides, not knowing the greatest survival challenge of her life about to come knocking.

Presariov

First Name: Presariov
Last Name: Astaeri
Biographical Synopsis: A Former drug runner, government appointed assassin, and now X-com recruit (apparently). Ran into tough times in recent years and looking for a nice warm bed to sleep in and a nice cold gun to shoot at things with. I worked as an assassin first for a Russian cartel for a while, then for the U.S. government. You know that one assassination a few years ago, that government official from across the sea? That was me. A few days ago I got the summons from this "X-com," and I figured it might be nice to get back into it. Truth be told, I'm a little out of practice though.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander Christopher Odd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

T

Tom Pladgett

First Name: Tom
Last Name: Pladgett
Biographical Synopsis: A former Scots Guard soldier, dishonorably discharged due to ungentlemanly conduct (indecent relations with a family member of a superior officer), I was recruited by XCOM after three years in the food service industry. Deemed ideologically determined to wipe out the alien threat to the planet, I eagerly accepted my recruitment. First serving as a line cook, I quickly rose through the ranks to become a rookie trooper in the first response squad against the extraterrestial threat.

M

Myndcrush

First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Kretzer
Nickname: Myndcrush! :D
I worked in my hometown all my life, it was a simple life and I was content in it. I had a loving wife and daughter....had. I heard news of the attacks far too late and the run from the construction site to home was....too far. I arrived to see my house, hell...my whole neighborhood turned to a war zone. Now...all I have left is this picture. I got a call from this so called X-Com project. They asked me if I wanted a chance to make a difference. Hell, I want a chance to kill those sons of bitches..

Zain Shah

First Name: Zain
Last Name: Shah
Biographical Sypnosis:
I haven't been part of any army as such however I have shot a gun; I am a professional hunter so I can aim quite well even against small targets. I guess I have been chosen for the X-COM project since I am very ruthless and not afraid to. My main weapon I like to use are shotguns and rifles but I am still fairly good with other guns. I have chosen to take part as I have not really helped anyone but myself and I think this project is a chance for me to become selfless. I hope to make some friends who our also in this project but I have to remember not to get too close, this is still a job.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: 笠置 あやめ (Ayame Kasagi)
Place of Birth: Central China
Height: 4 ft, 11in
Weight: 94 lb
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Red

Biographical Synopsis:
The youngest of five children of a Japanese farmer and his Chinese wife, Ayame was born in one of the poorest farming communities in China. Her father fled Japan to escape his gambling debts, and settled down with a kindly woman who convinced her father to take him in when he had nothing. Ayame led the simple early life of a poor farmer, but unfortunately, her father did not leave his gambling habits in Japan. Ironically, it was his improving luck that led to his downfall, as after losing all of his money in a fair game, one of her father's rivals claimed foul play, and in a desperate act of revenge, he hired a group of thugs to lay waste to Ayame's simple farm. Hidden in a closet at the last second, the seven year old Ayame watched terror as the thugs slaughtered father and three brothers. As she witnessed them having their way with her dieing mother and 13 year old sister, her heart skipped a beat, and she blacked out. When she came to, she was standing in the middle of her house, local villagers who came to investigate staring at her in horror. All around her was the bodies of the bandits, their blood completely covering her from head to toe. In her left hand, a bloody farmer's scythe. In her right, the severed head of the thugs' leader.

Ayame was adopted by her mother's brother, her only known relative. A martial arts instructor, he put her through intensive training, all in the hopes of unlocking whatever hidden potential she had for his own use. He was extremely abusive, responding to the simplest mistakes with the harshest of punishment, and made no effort in hiding his resentment towards her for surviving her families destructing and burdening him with her existence. Ayame grew to despise him, and used this hatred as motivation to surpass him. She learned fast, becoming remarkably skilled in martial arts, weapon use, stealth, and the escapism, out performing most of her entirely male classmates, despite there insistence she would never match them, both because of her sex and because of her small size. By the age of fourteen, she even started to surpass her uncle. Then, at the age of sixteen, she was pushed over the edge. Ayame found a friend in Elizabeth Ashford, a young English girl who's family had moved to China for her father's business. The two became inseparable, and Ayame soon discovered she had fallen in love with her precious Lizzy. However, she soon found that Elizabeth refused to come over to her home. Then, one day, Elizabeth disappeared, and a few days later, Ayame's uncle came under heavy questioning. Ayame herself started interrogating her, and he relieved that he murdered Elizabeth when she threatened to tell everyone what he "did" to her. Ayame lunged at him in a fit of rage, and although she didn't plan on killing him, she had no choice when he grabbed a sword and attacked back. She fled the scene, and has been on the run since.

Ayame has spent the last four years traveling the world, learning all she can. She put her combat training to use for a variety on PMCs, but has never stayed in one place for long. She has a short temper, and in addition to butting heads with anyone who underestimates her because she is a woman, she has a severe Napoleon Complex, and has gotten into her fair share of trouble because someone said the wrong thing about her petite body. During her travels, she found kinship in an older woman named Anna Stone. She has become infatuated with her, despite the knowledge that Anna will likely never love her "that way", because, like Elizabeth, Anna is one of the few people to show her kindness since the death of her family. While Ayame would never join such a large establishment like X-COM on her own, upon hearing Anna was joining, she signed up too, refusing to let Anna go at this alone.

Pledge: 私は、この日に、自発的にX-COMの特殊部隊で、エリート軍の兵士として、自分自身を入隊しました。私は大義に、無条件に、自分自身を与えています。私は私の最高司令官ChristopherOddによって定められた、そのような規則や規制には、すべてのインスタンスでは、自身が準拠するように結合します。私は私の人生で彼を信頼しています。惑星系を守りながら、そして、この誓いを取ることによって、私が気付いて、私が最終的に何かを失う可能性があります。私の人生。

Rosen0x5

First Name: Rex
Last Name: Rumbler
Biographical Synopsis:
When my momma brought me to this world she payed a high price. She didnt survive my birth as I was quite big for my age. Papa say's I was weighing at about 10.8 kg. But I think he just say's it to make me feel better. Normally I would bash anyone's head in for asking me about my personal life, but I really need this job. When Papa enlisted me in the army none of us would expect how fast I would climb up the ranks. Needless to say, no one bothered with me because they all knew how it would end, but we barely still payed the bills. So now I write this letter to the heads of this X-com Project because I hear the pay aint half bad, and my officer wants his bed back. Papa owe's some money to bad people aswell, I wont let them hurt him, I'll make them leave him alone whatever it takes!

ZombieSlayer85

First Name: Alexia
Last Name : Strange
Sex: Female

Biographical Information:

Audio Diary of Alexia Strange, March 1st, 2045:

As the last of them are rounded up, we must look at how we reached this point. The answer: with human blood. Way, WAY too much human blood. After three decades of fighting such a horrific threat, I suppose I should be happy we won at all, but with an estimated death toll of over 3 billion world wide, did we really win at all? I won't accept it. I can't accept it. We...we have ti use it. I pleaded with them to use it. "No," they said, "its too dangerous; after all, if the freaks had something so powerful, why wouldn't they use it, unless they feared what it could do." But I don't care, it has to be done.....

.....and if they won't use it, then I will.

Audio Diary of Alexia Strange, X Day, X Month, X Year:

I made it! It actually worked! Destroy the fabric of the universe, my ass! .....Ahem, well, uh, it wasn't easy to get here, and I didn't get through unscathed. I knew they would try to stop me, but I never imagined they'd actually shoot at me. I wasn't able to bring any weapons with me, and I was hoping my medi-pac, the product of thirty years of medical research, would help, but I had to use it on myself. I guess I'll just have to drop it in engineering and hope they can at least reverse engineer the misting feature. I used my com-watch to get into the Pentagon's systems. They'll probably find out they were hacked in no time and change their codes, but I was in long enough to enter myself into their records. This way, when X-COM does a background check, they won't find I don't exist. To be fair, I didn't lie about my military expertise, I just lied about where I got said expertise. I went with the name Strange. Ha, I didn't think of a name before hand, and with little time before I was booted out, it was the only thing that came to mind. I'm sure father would laugh at how silly it is.

Speaking of whom ..... records show that it'll happen tomorrow. After my father's death, X-COM fell apart, and was unprepared when the freaks assaulted the base two years later. Its a shame; this is a nice base, and we really could have used it.

Its done. I saved my father. It was easier then I thought it would be, but I was a little caught off guard. The records say, well, SAID that he was found alone with half a dozen stab wounds in his stomach and died before he could tell anyone who attacked him, but to think it was none other then Commander Jessica Andrews. She was the greatest soldier in X-COM, leading so many successful missions before sacrificing herself to destroy the Mother Ship. I had always wondered what dark past event she always seemed to be hiding, and I guess now I know.

I found her standing in the hallway, barely bothering to hide the knife behind her back. I quickly snatched it from her hand, only for her to turn to look at me, not with confusion in her eyes, but pure rage at me for trying to stop her. Before I could take her away, my father arrived. He said hello to us, and asked Jessica what she wanted to show him. Thinking fast, I told him "she was just telling me she drew a picture of your daughter, but she misplaced it." He said, "I'm sorry to hear that. Well, if you find it, let me know, so we can show Alexia herself next time I get to vid-chat with her mother." Then he gave her a smile, placed his hand on her head briefly, and left, saying to me as he went "make sure she makes it back to her room safely." "Yes commander" is all I said.

I brought Jessica back to her room, and she explained that she blamed my father for the death of her brother, Joseph. Jessica had come to the base after the first X-COM mission as a survior of the invasion, but not until after her brother sacrificed his life to save her. I explained that the Commander couldn't save everyone, no matter how much he wished he could, and that X-COM had just been formed, so it was unfair to blame the Commander. "Besides," I told her, "what would your brother think if he saw you there, clenching that knife so tightly with that angry look on your face?" She broke down and cried on my lap for over an hour, and I just sat there, stroking her hair and consoling her, hoping I was doing a good job considering what little contact I've had with children. I would say that father will never know how close he came to dying by the hands of a nine year old girl, but maybe he did. The way his eyes darted between Jessica's distraught face and the hand I was using to hide the knife behind my back, the wink he gave me as he left, could he have realized what was going on and immediately forgave her? Could he be that much of a tactical genius?

A week has passed, and Jessica is doing a lot better. She is smiling and laughing like a normal little girl. She even drew a picture of me, uh, well, the other me, to show father. I heard he was helping to make sure Jessica is adopted by a loving family. Perhaps I'll dip into some more American record systems and make myself an official citizen before the battery on my com-watch goes out. I've always wanted a child, and I can't have one myself (the aliens saw to that), and who better for me to adopt then the person I looked up to my whole life.

Its a shame, though, since my actions have erased some of the people I knew out of existence. I was kind of afraid I'd disappear once I saved my father, but I'm still here. Does that mean I didn't make a difference in the long run, or did the universe make it so I had to exist to prevent that paradox the brass were so afraid of? Lets hope its the latter. At any rate, I'm still here, and I'm here to stay. The info I brought with me is probably useless now. I'd love to go back to see what is different, but it was a one-way trip. I'll just have to help the old fashion way: I start my training tomorrow. I'm now nothing more then a regular grunt. I'll have to remember to call myself Alexia Strange, and pretend I haven't done all this training already. I'm not too excited about fighting this war again, but with my father in charge this time, I know we're in good hands.

sage harpuia

FName: Vash
Lname: The Stampede
Reason: To protect the world from those who wish to destroy it. FOR LOVE AND PEACE!
Biography: Some say I am a hippy and love, peace and manga, which is all true and I have always dreamed off mankind going into space to meet new life forms. I don't know where I was born but I am Caucasian with short spiky blonde hair. I have grown up in Japan under my adoptive mother Ray. My mother worked with an airline so we traveled a lot and when I was in America I became a very good gunslinger using the mateba autorevolver. But all of that was a different life, my mother was killed in a crash and I work as a vigilante in Africa hunting and destroying extremists, tyrants and their military police. My reputation has earned me the name Vash the Stampede and a very unreasonable bounty of 60 billion dollar(USD) out on my head. I am the hero of children and savior of villages. I fight to protect the weak from those who will take advantage of them.
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Aristeus

First Name: Jorn
Last Name: Lemonade

Biographical Synopsis: I was born in a small country called the Netherlands. As kid I always loved to work out, but my parents sead I was to young to do anything serious in training. So I began sailing and often went out on the lake with my small sail boat. My mom runs a fishing store and my dad a boat store. I grew up near the water so I can swim pretty well. Then some day it occurred to me that I wanted to work out as kid, so I tryed it, and I really liked it, running every day and swimming. So then my dad sead: "I think you should join the army", just so I had a path/goal I could follow in my life.

It was working pretty hard, I have been send on a view missions to help repair the boats and I did encouter a fire fight 1 time. My commander sead I handled that pretty well. So now that the X-Com is "created" I think I will aim somewhat higher. This will fit me better for some reason, It's just a feeling. I don't really know what to expect from X-COM...
A part of this background is false, because I want to forget my past. Just show them this whenever they ask for my background info.

Update what happen in X-COM:
Jorn joined the squad and soon joined the fray, Jorn did surprisingly well as rookie getting 3 kills on his first misson. His succes went downward as soon as he became a assault, missing some very important shots, that brought himself and others in danger. He used a shotgun in the army, causing him to fail with the rifle. After a chat with the Commander he finaly got his shotgun. And soon he became one of the most reliable members of the X-COM squad.
After a few missons of succes he got promoted to Captain, that is when he realized that he did many things wrong in the past, and because of his succes he's been slacking off, "I don't deserve to be a Captain, I should still be a Squaddie" He stated. He fell into a short state of depression because of this. He now tries to make up for it to become a better Captain and friend to all of his fellow X-COM members.

Last edited:

Brycart

First Name: Joel
Last Name: Freeman
Biographical Synopsis:
I am 33 years old and a former member of the US Army Rangers. I joined in 2005 and served for 3 years before i resigned for reasons I'd rather not go in to. In the years leading up to the alien attacks, I worked as a military contractor for anybody who had the money to purchase my services. I am not joining X-COM for some the greater good or any heroic reason, I am just hoping for a chance to right some of the wrongs I've done.

CCC09

First Name: Colum
Last Name: Shepard

Biographical Synopsis:My name is Colum Campbell. Not much to tell: 21 years old, dropped out of school at 18 and joined the military. I got spotted by an officer who was looking for recruits to participate in the SAS initiation so I joined and succeeded. I was then doing top secret operation for a few years until a few days ago whilst in my last debriefing, a bunch of men in black suits came in to me that they were looking for recruits and they showed ID of some form, showing a badge which I didn't recognise, then saying "We need the best and brightest, and you're one of the many out there". So, my first thought was to say no because I was happy with my current position. But then my curiosity got the better of me so I said yes. The trip took many hours, I lost count because they took my watch, but they explained that they had evidence supporting the hypothesis that we aren't alone in the universe and that we may come under attack and if that should happen: we need our best to work against the threat of total annihilation.
I'm not sure where I am because nobody would tell me, but I do know that we're not in the UK any more judging from the flight, unless we went around in circles to fool me. I also seem to be in some form of military bunker. I got a quick glimpse of a large room with a holographic globe in the middle of it but I was quickly rushed passed an elevator and then into the "barracks", which was the hardly a barracks due to it's soft beds and warm blankets, where I'm told to wait until called to duty.

Pledge: I, Colum Campbell, have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems; My life.

(Side note: this is supposed to be around during the first mission(ish) so they would know about the aliens, but I guess the quick response is a little plot hole but I hope it's acceptable)

Cheesypower

First Name: Big
Last Name: Farmer
Biographical Synopsis:
Unofficial member of American Special Forces. Specializes in setting up and defending Safe-houses. Standing Seven feet tall and 375 pounds, he makes a very intimidating and memorable figure; as such, he was often assigned to Safe-houses in areas that were either isolated, such as a farm in the middle of the countryside, or in highly violent and unstable areas where intimidation would be more effective than more 'discreet' avenues. Developed a reputation for being a man of few words, only going by his callsign "Big Farmer," and a surprising talent for maintaining morale during extremely trying times. Operatives have been known to refer to him affectionately as "Poppa," a nickname he has shown no objection to.

Blazer

First Name: Beastly
Last Name: Blazer
Biographical Synopsis: My story begins with me as teen born near Richmond, Virginia. I had a family, a mother, father, brother and two sisters. I was work of in the fields with my younger sister while everyone else is inside the house. Then an alien craft shows up and destroys the house with and energy blast. when emergency teams arrive from hearing the blast, the craft was gone an we were left begin asked questions. We told but they never listened. Split up my adoption houses I ran away and hung out in merc gangs until I went solo as a deadly sniper assassin. Spent my free time between jobs looking from my sister to no success. Then one day I took a job by the government, they give me job to pay for past crime or so they say, to kill a terrorist leader and his gang, The mission was a success but it was also a test by them to see if I was capable to be in a special task force called the X-COM project. They said they find my sister while I was off serving in the tack group and that I could kill the ones that killed my family as long as I serve under the command of ChristopherOdd. I only that three words "Sign me up"

DeathPants

First Name: Mordekai
Last Name: Gordon
Biographical Synopsis: I've been so faithful to God. I went to church every week, every Sunday, and this is how he repays us? I was so faithful my sons had to be too. My wife wouldn't approve this as she was an Atheist, but my sons never knew. She died at birth. They are twins, she couldn't handle the pressure. "They tried to get out at the same time", the doctor said. I don't blame them. I never told them and don't see the day I will. They don't deserve to know, that would hurt them deeply. They would blame themselves and I don't want them to know... When I was born, I was raised as a Jew. My parents were Jews, my grandparents were Jews, every lineage was Jew. Yes, we survived World War II, since we were Americans. I decided to move to Europe when I achieved the age of 16 and converted myself to Christian-ism around the same time. My parents weren't happy with it, but since I was young, I decided to travel the world. I decided to stay in Europe. I rented a house in Essex, England. Didn't join the army, didn't thought I'd need to, being a religious man and all. Even though, my dad believed in guns more then he believed in God, so I did shoot a couple of guns when I was young. Decided to take a job at a gas station nearby. I went walking, because I really like to walk. Didn't own a bicycle because didn't want to. Payed my bills one day earlier, because I didn't have the time to remember to pay them. When I thought "Oh, have to pay the bills tomorrow", I would just go there and pay them. My television isn't a Plasma 16" HD TV, it's just a normal television. One of the "oldies", I guess you could say. Watched television every day, at launch, to hear the news. Then, they came. From the skies. "The skies are falling!" the people in the neighborhood said. "Aliens? Here? I..." I thought when I saw the news. I always thought they were fairy tails just to "spice things up" for the kids. I never believed until I saw them. So, I decided to join. To destroy every living alien since, well... They abducted my kids.

[OOC: I hope I can join even though I joined the other one. But, it's your choice, take more priority on the people that weren't last season because I don't want to take someones dream.]

Status
Not open for further replies.