Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Oh! See Shazam if you get a chance, everyone. Fantastic movie. Very funny, great action, great acting. Probably one of my favorite super hero movies, up there with Batman, Blade, Hellboy, and Deadpool.

DarkGemini24601

So, I'm going to get very real out of nowhere, but it's 2 am and I'm in that kinda mood to say what I'm about to say, and if I don't say it now I probably will neglect to later.

I wish to apologize for my departure in SoD. It was sudden, without explanation, and thoroughly unnecessary to do the way I did. I especially wish to extend this to Gem, as I imagine it caused him a lot of stress.

There's a concept explained in an anime with a title so long I can't remember, and it went somewhat like this: if there are unspoken feelings in a group, the natural thing to do is to keep them unspoken, as one fears they might change the comfortable dynamic already in place. However, those feelings, if unspoken, will ruin that dynamic, as everytime you think of the group, those feelings will reemerge and have to be shoved back down, causing turmoil. Moreover, if expressing your honest self would damage the group dynamic, well, were those sorts of bonds worth keeping? No, the smart thing to do is say what is on your mind, because the dynamic that emerges may in fact be a better one.

However, I was not a smart man back then. I let my negative feelings well up such that they affected my work, and then finally my desire to be here. I should have spoken up, but I was afraid I would lose what we had, and as such I ended up losing it anyway. But the past cannot be changed, all I can do is be better now.

Anyway, uh, thank you for your time, sorry for any side effects this'll have on the mood, but wanted to get this out there for my own sake. Here, have an old meme.View attachment 1543
Hey man, sorry for the late response, but that's really kind of you. (I assume you mean LoE, you were with us the whole time in SoD). I've been reflecting on past relationships lately myself. For all the times I got at someone else's throat - owing a lot to my immaturity at the time - I still love all you guys. I didn't have many friends in high school and so for the longest time this crew was all I had, and I'll never forget that. So yeah, for my part I apologize for my moments of dickheadry to you and the others.

Especially Ramma. I've grown to really admire his work, and it's a shame he's gone off (hopefully to greater things) because I never got to tell him that. Luckily, I can tell you the same. Your solo content is an inspiration Pixy, and the banter you did in SoD and VoF is a model for those kinds of interactions.

DarkGemini24601

First off, we got the samurai dog-girl with a name like a Three-Star Goku Uniform, Titania Regalia.
I happily get this reference.
Would love to start off a collab with you. I'd be good to go.

As for Nick, I could do the noir-style of thoughts, but the saxophones were truly obligatory, couldn't image him interacting with them any other way. Maybe I can make a cybernetic to explain it away... :p
And I must say, I've talked with others on how I'm excited that Titania is back. Considering - if you remember Blackout - that one collab we did that never got posted. The last thing I wrote for Terra Dolar before I dropped out included Titania flirting with Solomon, which was a story thread I've always been sad I didn't get to play out.

But now I get another chance at her perhaps...

BMPixy

Welp... time to work on a character for my own grad entrance... hint for all ya all: There might be some questionable research involved with this young lady ;)

Alright, alright, secret research experiment to control NANOMACHINES, SON, interesting, interesting. I'll have to see her in play to get a good read on her personality, but definitely looks inte- wait is her character art wielding a set of brass knuckles? 10/10, game of the year, every year.

ShadowHounder

Alright, alright, secret research experiment to control NANOMACHINES, SON, interesting, interesting. I'll have to see her in play to get a good read on her personality, but definitely looks inte- wait is her character art wielding a set of brass knuckles? 10/10, game of the year, every year.
I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT WHEN I PICKED THE IMAGE! XD

glad to know you are already interested in her... qualities :p

BMPixy

@BMPixy This is the first time I get to see you in action... can't wait to find out what brought you into this ragtag group of writers :p
gendo smirk.gif