Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I hate the eye doctor. I have diabetes, so they have to dilate my eyes every time to check them. I can barely see what I'm typing right now.

DarkGemini24601

After much waffling, have an... unusual take on a bio.
The secrecy is half to prevent spoiling her origin story before the story even starts. The other half is to let me work out details in my head without committing to a lengthy, likely multi-post account of said origin story and subsequent events.

BMPixy

After much waffling, have an... unusual take on a bio.
The secrecy is half to prevent spoiling her origin story before the story even starts. The other half is to let me work out details in my head without committing to a lengthy, likely multi-post account of said origin story and subsequent events.

Downside of a character with so much black ink in their book is not much to comment on, but there's definitely some interesting stuff to look forward to seeing come to light. However, I will note that Kazane's personality is pretty interesting, to me at least. You normally don't see the more open persona as the outward facing one, with the quiet one being the 'true' one. Kinda reminds me of Dante, when his wacky-wahoo-pizza-party time side gives way to actual, serious things.

...and now I have the mental image of Kazane doing the Faust Hat dance.

DarkGemini24601

Downside of a character with so much black ink in their book is not much to comment on, but there's definitely some interesting stuff to look forward to seeing come to light. However, I will note that Kazane's personality is pretty interesting, to me at least. You normally don't see the more open persona as the outward facing one, with the quiet one being the 'true' one. Kinda reminds me of Dante, when his wacky-wahoo-pizza-party time side gives way to actual, serious things.

...and now I have the mental image of Kazane doing the Faust Hat dance.
I looked that up and I am not disappointed. And yeah, I'm always interested in how people act in society vs the true self, so Kazane will be a reverse experiment in that regard.

BMPixy

So, I'm going to get very real out of nowhere, but it's 2 am and I'm in that kinda mood to say what I'm about to say, and if I don't say it now I probably will neglect to later.

I wish to apologize for my departure in SoD. It was sudden, without explanation, and thoroughly unnecessary to do the way I did. I especially wish to extend this to Gem, as I imagine it caused him a lot of stress.

There's a concept explained in an anime with a title so long I can't remember, and it went somewhat like this: if there are unspoken feelings in a group, the natural thing to do is to keep them unspoken, as one fears they might change the comfortable dynamic already in place. However, those feelings, if unspoken, will ruin that dynamic, as everytime you think of the group, those feelings will reemerge and have to be shoved back down, causing turmoil. Moreover, if expressing your honest self would damage the group dynamic, well, were those sorts of bonds worth keeping? No, the smart thing to do is say what is on your mind, because the dynamic that emerges may in fact be a better one.

However, I was not a smart man back then. I let my negative feelings well up such that they affected my work, and then finally my desire to be here. I should have spoken up, but I was afraid I would lose what we had, and as such I ended up losing it anyway. But the past cannot be changed, all I can do is be better now.

Anyway, uh, thank you for your time, sorry for any side effects this'll have on the mood, but wanted to get this out there for my own sake. Here, have an old meme.
IMG_0043.PNG

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

So, I'm going to get very real out of nowhere, but it's 2 am and I'm in that kinda mood to say what I'm about to say, and if I don't say it now I probably will neglect to later.

I wish to apologize for my departure in SoD. It was sudden, without explanation, and thoroughly unnecessary to do the way I did. I especially wish to extend this to Gem, as I imagine it caused him a lot of stress.

There's a concept explained in an anime with a title so long I can't remember, and it went somewhat like this: if there are unspoken feelings in a group, the natural thing to do is to keep them unspoken, as one fears they might change the comfortable dynamic already in place. However, those feelings, if unspoken, will ruin that dynamic, as everytime you think of the group, those feelings will reemerge and have to be shoved back down, causing turmoil. Moreover, if expressing your honest self would damage the group dynamic, well, were those sorts of bonds worth keeping? No, the smart thing to do is say what is on your mind, because the dynamic that emerges may in fact be a better one.

However, I was not a smart man back then. I let my negative feelings well up such that they affected my work, and then finally my desire to be here. I should have spoken up, but I was afraid I would lose what we had, and as such I ended up losing it anyway. But the past cannot be changed, all I can do is be better now.

Anyway, uh, thank you for your time, sorry for any side effects this'll have on the mood, but wanted to get this out there for my own sake. Here, have an old meme.View attachment 1543

We all know how that feels Pix. And we understand. We're just glad you're back. We care about you. You're always welcome here.

Dahlexpert

Anyway, uh, thank you for your time, sorry for any side effects this'll have on the mood, but wanted to get this out there for my own sake. Here, have an old meme.View attachment 1543

Welcome back Pixy, it will be good having you around again.

BMPixy

Alright, now that it's 13 hours later, let's get that sappy shit outta here and take a look at the characters BlackOut posted.

First off, we got the samurai dog-girl with a name like a Three-Star Goku Uniform, Titania Regalia. Interesting that Samurai Jack survived that long, maybe in all those centuries we got a better final season than the one we have now. What's also interesting is that we have our first gene-modded character, a nice little contrast to our cyborg crew members. I also wonder if that old dog-cat rivalry will come into play with the Cartus among us. She seems like a fairly straightforward sort of character, but enough is there that I'm starting to get some idea on how Chuck might interact with her.

Nick Graves, well, my first thoughts are if his thoughts are in film noir dialogue and accompanied by sax music. If I'm reading things right, he and Kazane have some history already, which I always love to see in a backstory. I look forward to seeing their dynamic at work, and am almost starting to feel bad for our marks with how beefy our crew is. The challenge might come from us competing over bounties rather than the bounties themselves.

Last edited:

Black0ut

Alright, now that it's 13 hours later, let's get that sappy shit outta here and take a look at the characters BlackOut posted.

First off, we got the samurai dog-girl with a name like a Three-Star Goku Uniform, Titania Regalia. Interesting that Samurai Jack survived that long, maybe in all those centuries we got a better final season than the one we have now. What's also interesting is that we have our first gene-modded character, a nice little contrast to our cyborg crew members. I also wonder if that old dog-cat rivalry will come into play with the Cartus among us. She seems like a fairly straightforward sort of character, but enough is there that I'm starting to get some idea on how Chuck might interact with her.

Nick Graves, well, my first thoughts are if his thoughts are in film noir dialogue and accompanied by sax music. If I'm reading things right, he and Kazane have some history already, which I always love to see in a backstory. I look forward to seeing their dynamic at work, and am almost starting to feel bad for our marks with how beefy our crew is. The challenge might come from us competing over bounties rather than the bounties themselves.
Would love to start off a collab with you. I'd be good to go.

As for Nick, I could do the noir-style of thoughts, but the saxophones were truly obligatory, couldn't image him interacting with them any other way. Maybe I can make a cybernetic to explain it away... :p

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Ever watch Star Trek Voyager? Tom Paris had a liking for vintage cartoons, and I always asked the question, "Where the Hell did he get those cartoons? Were they uploaded in the (relatively) small Voyager database? Why? How had they survived the long?

But hey, if there is one animated series to survive over a millennia, I'm glad it was Samurai Jack.

...that, or Batman TAS. Love me some Batman...