Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

DarkGemini24601

@Black0ut I sent you the character pitch if you're still in our old convo. If not I'll submit it in a new one.
Lina.jpg

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Posted something on ship schematics. Please let me know if I missed anything.

No, seriously, be brutally honest if I missed some aspect of the ship. I am tired (and bored) at work, so not only am I am prone to miss something, I am eager to keep writing to pass the time.

Black0ut

No, seriously, be brutally honest if I missed some aspect of the ship. I am tired (and bored) at work, so not only am I am prone to miss something, I am eager to keep writing to pass the time.
Looks good to me. I like the idea of two broken shuttles... Could refit those with better thrusters and add some weaponry to give the ship strikecraft to help out in combat.

BMPixy

Looks all good, unfortunately enough for your willingness to pass time. Specific enough that it sparks at possibility, while vague enough to leave room for interpretation.

Also, damn it feels good to be back. Looking forward to seeing who everyone else brings to the table, and how this all develops through the story.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Looks good to me. I like the idea of two broken shuttles... Could refit those with better thrusters and add some weaponry to give the ship strikecraft to help out in combat.
Yup. I tried to make it a point to add in that several parts of the ship need repair. This includes several replicators, some computers in engineering, and some of the artificial gravity plating in one of the quarters. Also, JJ needs a new captains chair. It is really uncomfortable and wobbly.

DarkGemini24601

How you doin' Stargate Universe?

I'll offer my advice if I have any tomorrow later in the evening. Maybe.

DarkGemini24601

Check out Dahl's take on the Borg if they weren't a hive mind but instead big, tough brawlers.
My character is going to like them, yes indeed...

As for ship schematics, I was a little worried reading it that the ship was going to be really small, but your specification of distance made me realize that a lot of the internal space is devoted to the ship's power systems and mechanisms, which makes perfect sense.

I'll almost certainly have a personal fighter craft attached to my character. Can those mount jump drives, or do they have to nest inside a larger ship with one?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
My character is going to like them, yes indeed...

As for ship schematics, I was a little worried reading it that the ship was going to be really small, but your specification of distance made me realize that a lot of the internal space is devoted to the ship's power systems and mechanisms, which makes perfect sense.

I'll almost certainly have a personal fighter craft attached to my character. Can those mount jump drives, or do they have to nest inside a larger ship with one?
They can nest jump drives. Not as large as bigger ships obviously, but they can reach low warp if need be.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Incidentally, the Autonomous Service Hologram is not uncommon. There are A.S.H.s on many, many ships throughout the galaxy. Having an A.S.H. on the Golden Wind is only unusual because they are usually pretty expensive, not because they are rare.

And of course normal A.S.H.s are V.I.s. Our Ash is an A.I. converted into an A.S.H. some time ago to hide it as a V.I.

Insane Darkness

Typing it down here so I don't forget, but the groups/factions of the galaxy I have thought of so far are and need to write about are:

The Galactic Federation of Planets
The United Gamma Federation
The United Planetary System
The Pickio Alliance
The Quin Federation
The Shinso Federation
The United Pirate Alliance
The Fee Federation
The Norscan Galactic Government
The Demigor Government (disbanded)
Very late to this, but that's:
5 Federations
1 of which is a Federation of Planets
2 Alliances
1 of which is a Pirate Alliance (I honestly don't know what that has to do with anything, but it's here)
2 Governments (technically)
1 of which is a Galactic Government. (Same thing here)
and 1 System

Just a few suggestions, if you want to make the names more varied:
Collective
Union
Empire
Protectorate
Confederate
Territories
Republic
Electorate
Technocracy
Monarchy
Solidarity

Just wanted to help you spice up the groups and factions. <3

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
5 Federations
2 Alliances
1 of which is a Pirate Alliance (I honestly don't know what that has to do with anything, but it's here)
and 1 System

Collective
Union
Empire
Protectorate
Confederate
Territories
Republic
Electorate
Technocracy
Monarchy
Solidarity

That is very helpful. Thank you.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
5 Federations
2 Alliances
and 1 System

Collective
Union
Empire
Protectorate
Confederate
Territories
Republic
Electorate
Technocracy
Monarchy
Solidarity

And spiced up. Thanks again. Should grab a thesaurus next time. :p

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Looking at the list of characters, both presented and soon to be. Hmm... cyborg... augmented... cyborg... augmented...

Damn, Aya is going to be mighty uncomfortable. Though being around so many augmented people means she can't pick on any one, and she'll have to get over her feeling about them pretty quick.