Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

BMPixy

Looking at the list of characters, both presented and soon to be. Hmm... cyborg... augmented... cyborg... augmented...

Damn, Aya is going to be mighty uncomfortable. Though being around so many augmented people means she can't pick on any one, and she'll have to get over her feeling about them pretty quick.

"Good news Aya, we found a new crew member who won't make you uncomfortable with their augmentations!" *Chuck walks in*

Dahlexpert

Looking at the list of characters, both presented and soon to be. Hmm... cyborg... augmented... cyborg... augmented...

Damn, Aya is going to be mighty uncomfortable. Though being around so many augmented people means she can't pick on any one, and she'll have to get over her feeling about them pretty quick.

To be fare she could probably pick on Blisk the most since he’s so augmented he has almost no organic parts of his body.

BMPixy

Probably. I mean, we hunt down criminals who use them, so...

I'm wondering if a genemodded character will appear. That'd be an interesting idea to toy with...
I mean, if you count the ability to self-induce adaptations under the same umbrella...

Though on the broader subject of transhumanism, we do at the moment seem to have a fairly interesting crew to explore that theme. On one end, we have Aya as the rep of a species that takes a hard no towards it, we progress through Lady and Yixx and Ella and Vi as biological and synthetic equivalents of each other to ask the question of what the difference is between them, then Blisk brings the matter of the Ship of Theseus, before we make a stop at Chuck who acts as an outsider from a different direction from Aya, a direction that is more or less already transhuman, and because of that divorced from 'humanity'.

Of course, this is all presuming we decide to pontificate on this between goofy space adventures.

BMPixy

Just posted my new race of Insects! The Laepaede!

I spent so much time on this and I'm honestly super proud of it, still though, tell me your thoughts you guys.
They're definitely interesting, and they're definitely something of yours, Frost. I'm getting hints of Quarian in there, what with the 'released an AI, can't go back to their homeworld, live on ships, get blamed for everything' thing. Looking forward to seeing who our rep from them will be, if there is one, and how the Laepaede gel with the plot.

Insane Darkness

When a bunch of people are coming back that you've been dying to RP with but you don't like full sci fi stories...

Unpopular opinions, am I right?
I felt the same thing, but you can make a character you like even if the setting is something you don't like. I was thinking the same thing before I made my character. It might change your mind. :3