Starstream Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Question: What are some of the hardest bosses you've ever fought. Not necessarily beaten, but at least fought. There is this nice little video about broken bosses you should check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbI1TK-hvJQ

For me, in regards to this list, I have dealt with Shoa Khan, Ruby Weapon, and the final boss of Drakengard 3 (which I believe is just known as the flower). The first was hard, the second mind numbingly so, but for me, the third, that... damn flower... is the worse. I... DARE YOU to find a harder boss that is actually possible. I have beaten every Drakengard/Nier game except for that game because I can't beat that stupid boss. Fuck Ruby Weapon, fuck Shoa Khan, fuck Sans, fuck whatever boss you might try and say, that flower... that flower...

Taxor_the_First

Question: What are some of the hardest bosses you've ever fought. Not necessarily beaten, but at least fought. There is this nice little video about broken bosses you should check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbI1TK-hvJQ

For me, in regards to this list, I have dealt with Shoa Khan, Ruby Weapon, and the final boss of Drakengard 3 (which I believe is just known as the flower). The first was hard, the second mind numbingly so, but for me, the third, that... damn flower... is the worse. I... DARE YOU to find a harder boss that is actually possible. I have beaten every Drakengard/Nier game except for that game because I can't beat that stupid boss. Fuck Ruby Weapon, fuck Shoa Khan, fuck Sans, fuck whatever boss you might try and say, that flower... that flower...
Metroid Prime 2's Boost Guardian. No contest for me. If you were to graph that game's difficulty, you'd see a giant spike right where that fucker is. It's in the early-mid game, it's one of only two bosses in the game that has no light zones (which puts the fight on a timer as your HP withers away), and it's damn near impossible to consistently avoid the fucker's boost. And because it's in the mindgame, you have like 5 energy tanks maximum, meaning that even if you didn't take a single hit, you would die in just under ten minutes. With the guardian and its ads peppering you, the former usually while it's invincible, you often only have 5, which when the boss is invincible for 4 is a tall ask. Harsh, but doable on the normal difficulty. Hardest though? Even having played the game before and knowing that boss would be a challenge? Beyond harsh.

ShadowHounder

Metroid Prime 2's Boost Guardian. No contest for me. If you were to graph that game's difficulty, you'd see a giant spike right where that fucker is. It's in the early-mid game, it's one of only two bosses in the game that has no light zones (which puts the fight on a timer as your HP withers away), and it's damn near impossible to consistently avoid the fucker's boost. And because it's in the mindgame, you have like 5 energy tanks maximum, meaning that even if you didn't take a single hit, you would die in just under ten minutes. With the guardian and its ads peppering you, the former usually while it's invincible, you often only have 5, which when the boss is invincible for 4 is a tall ask. Harsh, but doable on the normal difficulty. Hardest though? Even having played the game before and knowing that boss would be a challenge? Beyond harsh.
yeah, they could've designed that boss a lot better imo (so much luck involved)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Got an idea for a mission. Picking up on that Pickio bounty mentioned a while ago (name escapes me right now). Anyone interested? Preferably someone who hasn't been on a mission yet but if not I'll take someone who has.

ShadowHounder

Got an idea for a mission. Picking up on that Pickio bounty mentioned a while ago (name escapes me right now). Anyone interested? Preferably someone who hasn't been on a mission yet but if not I'll take someone who has.
I feel like Viper would work well for this mission (thanks to the holo device), but I already played a part in this mission so I'll let Dahl get first dips XD