"No More Room in Hell" Think Tank

Black0ut

I have never played dragons dogma, is it good?
Oh... Yes. First thing's first: This is like Dark Souls Older Brother, who ridicules Dark Souls for being edgy... by showing difficulty done right.

All enemies in the game, big (this pretty much means anything not human) or small (roughly around your size) has different tactics, weaknesses, abilities, and strengths. However, the game will NEVER tell you about these, instead forcing you to experiment as to what is the most effective way of fighting. Also: the game ADVISES having a full party, as it is designed around that, so you can modify your difficulty by having only one companion (Your Pawn).

Now, Dragon's Dogma agrees with both Fallout 4 and Dark Souls that you should be able to shape your protagonist's face and do with it as you will. You, for all intents and purposes, can play as the ultimate warrior grandma... should you choose. The Charactor Creator is used twice through the game, Once for your protagonist and the other for your pawn.

Pawns are your one and only Source of Companions and every pawn you encounter is someone else's. That means in broad strokes you're interacting with everyone's Pawns and they can have advanced knowledge you might not have to defeat the monsters all around the world.

Now, Combat. When I played Fallout 4, the guns will hit and if I were to say, hit someone in the head, they may vaguely be stunned before resuming firing, no matter the additional blows I deal. In Dragon's Dogma, when you fucking hit someone with a maul the size of their body, they're not getting up for a few minutes out of just having been knocked the fuck out. Weapons have weight and when they hit something, it *feels* like you did damage. Even with bigger monsters, if you hit them with the same maul they will stumble back a bit out of pain. Keep in mind, while you are the *chosen one* you're also not a Knight, or a trained Archer/Rogue, or even a trained Mage. You're a peasant and it shows in how you fight in Melee, Ranged, or Magic.

Overall? Yes, it's good, very good. There are ridiculous numbers of sidequests, with their own story arcs, alongside the main missions, all beautifully done. Just know that you'll lose track of time and that you should save VERY OFTEN as the game doesn't autosave your every move.

Black0ut

Oh... Yes. First thing's first: This is like Dark Souls Older Brother, who ridicules Dark Souls for being edgy... by showing difficulty done right.

All enemies in the game, big (this pretty much means anything not human) or small (roughly around your size) has different tactics, weaknesses, abilities, and strengths. However, the game will NEVER tell you about these, instead forcing you to experiment as to what is the most effective way of fighting. Also: the game ADVISES having a full party, as it is designed around that, so you can modify your difficulty by having only one companion (Your Pawn).

Now, Dragon's Dogma agrees with both Fallout 4 and Dark Souls that you should be able to shape your protagonist's face and do with it as you will. You, for all intents and purposes, can play as the ultimate warrior grandma... should you choose. The Charactor Creator is used twice through the game, Once for your protagonist and the other for your pawn.

Pawns are your one and only Source of Companions and every pawn you encounter is someone else's. That means in broad strokes you're interacting with everyone's Pawns and they can have advanced knowledge you might not have to defeat the monsters all around the world.

Now, Combat. When I played Fallout 4, the guns will hit and if I were to say, hit someone in the head, they may vaguely be stunned before resuming firing, no matter the additional blows I deal. In Dragon's Dogma, when you fucking hit someone with a maul the size of their body, they're not getting up for a few minutes out of just having been knocked the fuck out. Weapons have weight and when they hit something, it *feels* like you did damage. Even with bigger monsters, if you hit them with the same maul they will stumble back a bit out of pain. Keep in mind, while you are the *chosen one* you're also not a Knight, or a trained Archer/Rogue, or even a trained Mage. You're a peasant and it shows in how you fight in Melee, Ranged, or Magic.

Overall? Yes, it's good, very good. There are ridiculous numbers of sidequests, with their own story arcs, alongside the main missions, all beautifully done. Just know that you'll lose track of time and that you should save VERY OFTEN as the game doesn't autosave your every move.
TL;DR: Buy the Game, is good.

Black0ut

How was everyone's Easter?
Twas a good one! I ended up playing tabletop simulator (My computer absolutely hated that, as it heated up to exceedingly hot levels) and was able to play a few board games (Pokemon Master (A game that feels like it's designed to end any and all friendships in it (an example would be another player stealing your legendary pokemon))), Danger: The Game (Basically a descriptive card game that has an effective rotating card czar that chooses who wins) which is a lot of fun. Then, I played Red Dragon Inn, where you have to stay both wealthy enough to not be kicked out of the inn and sober enough to not be hauled off to your room. All in all... Good Easter.

Dahlexpert

Whelp it's about that time, It's time for Dhal to speak on what he's feeling. Ou yea it's time, I'm tired of this. I'm sick of this silence, I'm tired of not getting reply's I know we all know each other fairly well but damn I'm tired of this silenced! Now I know that a lot of us are older and we all work, now or life is getting to us. But I miss RPing with the lot of you guys, I used to have may day filled with you guys. Now I have to go to another site to get my RP needs, I miss RPing with all of you and I miss the conversations we had. I know I barley talk regularly on this site but I miss the conversations you guys used to have on here, I miss the old days when we could Rp most of the day. Now I hardly see you guys at all, On the other site I have like five different RPs that I'm a part of. And sure I'm understandable, I get that life and work get's in the way but for you guys to be gone for about five or six day! Without saying anything is saddens me I know this site isn't what it used to be but come on!

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Whelp it's about that time, It's time for Dhal to speak on what he's feeling. Ou yea it's time, I'm tired of this. I'm sick of this silence, I'm tired of not getting reply's I know we all know each other fairly well but damn I'm tired of this silenced! Now I know that a lot of us are older and we all work, now or life is getting to us. But I miss RPing with the lot of you guys, I used to have may day filled with you guys. Now I have to go to another site to get my RP needs, I miss RPing with all of you and I miss the conversations we had. I know I barley talk regularly on this site but I miss the conversations you guys used to have on here, I miss the old days when we could Rp most of the day. Now I hardly see you guys at all, On the other site I have like five different RPs that I'm a part of. And sure I'm understandable, I get that life and work get's in the way but for you guys to be gone for about five or six day! Without saying anything is saddens me I know this site isn't what it used to be but come on!

Sorry friend. I've just uh... Been Going through some stress lately. Basically I cut my foot really bad and my family had to pay 700 dollars to get it treated because we don't have insurance. It's been rough. But it's on its way to healing.

Black0ut

That's fair. We don't really talk anymore mainly because we have so few active members. There's you, Zombie, Frost and me. We're the only ones who've been continually writing on this site. There's too few of us, so when one of us gets busy or depressed, there's a noticeable gap where the forum gets quiet. When we had five, we seemed to have enough people to write and have a semi-active think tank. Perhaps all we need is more people?

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

That's fair. We don't really talk anymore mainly because we have so few active members. There's you, Zombie, Frost and me. We're the only ones who've been continually writing on this site. There's too few of us, so when one of us gets busy or depressed, there's a noticeable gap where the forum gets quiet. When we had five, we seemed to have enough people to write and have a semi-active think tank. Perhaps all we need is more people?

Yeah but well. More people means more risk for things to go wrong so. Then again if people have friends they trust, I definitely wouldn't mind it.