"No More Room in Hell" Think Tank

Black0ut

I got a question: I'm running a D&D campaign where there'll be some interesting monsters that'll appear, but instead of going off to find some homebrews, I thought... maybe we could design some monsters. Not making their stats (I'll tweak them due to the party's level), just concepts and lore for them. Thoughts?

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

I got a question: I'm running a D&D campaign where there'll be some interesting monsters that'll appear, but instead of going off to find some homebrews, I thought... maybe we could design some monsters. Not making their stats (I'll tweak them due to the party's level), just concepts and lore for them. Thoughts?

Oooooo. Hmmm. I am very interested in that actually. That sounds fun!

ShadowHounder

I could probably throw in some concepts... just need to know what you are trying to go for/kind of monsters you want.

Dahlexpert

Sure I can give some insight.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

I was thinking. What about a creature that's similar to a Mindflayer, but instead of having tentacles it's touch allows it to connect to your central nervous system and control someone physically.

It would definitely be more of a Dexterity Saving Throw to avoid the touch, so it would be easier usually than an Intelligence, but I also think there's more counterplay because the control would break if you pull them off or shove them away.

ShadowHounder

I was thinking. What about a creature that's similar to a Mindflayer, but instead of having tentacles it's touch allows it to connect to your central nervous system and control someone physically.

It would definitely be more of a Dexterity Saving Throw to avoid the touch, so it would be easier usually than an Intelligence, but I also think there's more counterplay because the control would break if you pull them off or shove them away.
Adding tentacles to my mindbreak doujin eh?

horrible jokes aside, definitely an interesting idea... though I feel they would need to be either smaller or tougher than mindflayers (with the whole need to touch deal)

ShadowHounder

So... for anyone interested in fighting games, I'm super looking forward to DNF Duel dropping on June 28th... Might be willing to play with ya guys if you wanna try it out as well Maybe even teach a bit idk

Dahlexpert

Ugh, A few months back I went back to youtube and have been showing WWE 2k22. And so far my channel has been doing great for it.