Merry Christmas!

Rave

Merry Christmas everyone!
Have a great time, enjoy yourself, and spend time with the people close to you! ^_^

And Enjoy!

BlueBead

Happy Holidays, and have a good new year, everybody!

I just hope this next year is better than this last one for my family and me. Freaking crap, this year sucked. COMMENCE THE SOB STORY LIST.
  • 2 pet deaths in our immediate family and 3 more in our extended family
  • My Mom breaking a rib
  • Me getting my wisdom teeth out
  • Me having some sort of skin condition all year, leaving me with scabs and scars all over my arms and chest
  • My surviving dog having a terrible immune system deficiency that almost killed him (he's doing much better now)
  • My sister and her boyfriend getting evicted from their first apartment a month after moving in
  • My sister's boyfriend falling for an elaborate scheme when trying to get a job and facing possible identity theft
  • Me having a rough time learning to drive and attempting to get into college
  • Me continuing to have bad anxiety about attempting to come out to my family as pansexual (I'm the only non-straight in my whole family, with a handful of members being homophobes)
The list goes on...
Good riddance to this year. I knew stepping in cat barf 5 minutes into 2014 was a bad omen. I miss my cat... :C

DarkGemini24601

Happy Holidays, and have a good new year, everybody!

I just hope this next year is better than this last one for my family and me. Freaking crap, this year sucked. COMMENCE THE SOB STORY LIST.
  • 2 pet deaths in our immediate family and 3 more in our extended family
  • My Mom breaking a rib
  • Me getting my wisdom teeth out
  • Me having some sort of skin condition all year, leaving me with scabs and scars all over my arms and chest
  • My surviving dog having a terrible immune system deficiency that almost killed him (he's doing much better now)
  • My sister and her boyfriend getting evicted from their first apartment a month after moving in
  • My sister's boyfriend falling for an elaborate scheme when trying to get a job and facing possible identity theft
  • Me having a rough time learning to drive and attempting to get into college
  • Me continuing to have bad anxiety about attempting to come out to my family as pansexual (I'm the only non-straight in my whole family, with a handful of members being homophobes)
The list goes on...
Good riddance to this year. I knew stepping in cat barf 5 minutes into 2014 was a bad omen. I miss my cat... :C
That is rough. Just to be cautious here, though...let's not get into the whole calling people homophobes thing. I have bad experience with people being mistreated by others using that label, and it makes me cringe. Not attempting to make a political statement here, I just don't think that's something that we need to go into here...

*I'm the grinch today, aren't I?*

BlueBead

That is rough. Just to be cautious here, though...let's not get into the whole calling people homophobes thing. I have bad experience with people being mistreated by others using that label, and it makes me cringe. Not attempting to make a political statement here, I just don't think that's something that we need to go into here...

*I'm the grinch today, aren't I?*
I debated even mentioning it, but it is something that's made my last few months shitty. With said homophobic family members coming to visit and all that. Just generally feeling like the family black sheep and being over-shadowed by my sister. She's already almost through college, living on her own, making career progress, and being normal and all that, while I'm over here like, "I haven't even managed to get into college yet, I'm still living at home because of crippling anxiety, and I've only almost crashed when driving like 3 times..."
Bluh, I'm being depressing. I need to like shut up and go to sleep or something.

DarkGemini24601

I debated even mentioning it, but it is something that's made my last few months shitty. With said homophobic family members coming to visit and all that. Just generally feeling like the family black sheep and being over-shadowed by my sister. She's already almost through college, living on her own, making career progress, and being normal and all that, while I'm over here like, "I haven't even managed to get into college yet, I'm still living at home because of crippling anxiety, and I've only almost crashed when driving like 3 times..."
Bluh, I'm being depressing. I need to like shut up and go to sleep or something.
It's past midnight for all of us, so its understandable. I just have seen people that simply disagree with the popular notions related to homosexuality and such be treated like monsters for having opinions. There's a difference between someone who is violently or vehemently hateful, and someone who simply has an opinion. But that's all I have to say about that, I'm not trying to put ya down.

BlueBead

It's past midnight for all of us, so its understandable. I just have seen people that simply disagree with the popular notions related to homosexuality and such be treated like monsters for having opinions. There's a difference between someone who is violently or vehemently hateful, and someone who simply has an opinion. But that's all I have to say about that, I'm not trying to put ya down.
I understand and respect that. I'm not the kind of person that just shoves details like that about myself in people's faces either. It's just tough when it's dealing with my family since they'd kind of figure out eventually anyways, when it becomes relevant.
Generally, when random people in person or online insult how I look or my personal views/values, I'm just like, "Lol, I don't give a rat's tush," but when it's family I'm like, "Oh yeah, these are the people I'm still emotionally and financially dependent on. And some of them are kind of dicks to me already..."

This thread is going off topic fast and it's kind of my fault. Whoops.

Rave

I'm er... Homosexual, and I think I've been blessed with the supportive friends and my mother dealing with it. (My Father and rest of family is clueless) In all honesty I made this thread today right after I lost my front driver-side tire... apparently the bottom of the spring broke and the strut failed sending the rest of the spring into the tire itself. Thank goodness I was only pulling out of the garage... not going 60mph down the freaking highway. I kinda am ignoring the fact of not having a drive-able car... I too have anxiety problems (not fun). Just gotta take things in steps inch-by-inch-life-is-a-cinch ^_^

Grelite

I almost dare not react positively in this thread anymore.

But uhm, happy end of the year festivities.

BlueBead

I'm er... Homosexual, and I think I've been blessed with the supportive friends and my mother dealing with it. (My Father and rest of family is clueless) In all honesty I made this thread today right after I lost my front driver-side tire... apparently the bottom of the spring broke and the strut failed sending the rest of the spring into the tire itself. Thank goodness I was only pulling out of the garage... not going 60mph down the freaking highway. I kinda am ignoring the fact of not having a drive-able car... I too have anxiety problems (not fun). Just gotta take things in steps inch-by-inch-life-is-a-cinch ^_^
You're lucky. :) Glad to know I'm not entirely alone on this site with regards to this topic. My mother seems pretty supportive but gave me a bit of the whole, "How do you know if you haven't been in a relationship yet?" It's my father I'm much more concerned about telling.

Apologies again for horrendously off-topicing this thread. I've been fairly depressed for the past few weeks because of Seasonal Affective Disorder/Winter Depression. Especially this past week because my family and I literally hadn't seen the sun all week due to the weather. I haven't had anywhere to vent because of the holidays going on and my Mother who I confide in basically being like, "Not now, busy," all the time.

Sorry for my depressiveness. I don't like it either.

DarkGemini24601

Nothing wrong with venting. I just don't want to get dragged into a debate about things like the whole *insert what you put into quotes here* and stuff like that. There wouldn't be any point to it, in my opinion, other than making people frustrated with eachother. And the moment I intentionally tried to frustrate people, you would all have the right to yell at me. ;)

BlueBead

Nothing wrong with venting. I just don't want to get dragged into a debate about things like the whole *insert what you put into quotes here* and stuff like that. There wouldn't be any point to it, in my opinion, other than making people frustrated with eachother. And the moment I intentionally tried to frustrate people, you would all have the right to yell at me. ;)
True. Just such a shame that in our society it can be so taboo just to express your own opinions. Just another thing that can divide people, sadly. I'm the kind of person where as long as people politely give me reasoning behind their opinions, I'll be like, "Cool, I can respect that," even if I don't support their opinion. It's when people are like, "I think you're terrible for having this opinion because I just don't like it," that I take issue.

Grelite

My mother seems pretty supportive but gave me a bit of the whole, "How do you know if you haven't been in a relationship yet?"
A little odd of a question, I imagine. I certainly knew I was straight before I had a relationship. Either way, no one around me would care about my preferences anyway and I imagine the same goes for this forum. But I swear, if you hate games, you are such an idiot and insert other insulting phrases here. I don't think that joke worked very well...

A little advice for everyone I got from my sister who studies medicine on me and my father not getting enough sun, especially in the winter: get some Vitamin D supplements, since you don't find it in most foods but get it from exposure to sunlight. I'm typically hesitant to give anyone health advice, but this is something that is probably useful for everyone here, as we're all gamers. Just thought I'd mention it.

BlueBead

A little odd of a question, I imagine. I certainly knew I was straight before I had a relationship. Either way, no one around me would care about my preferences anyway and I imagine the same goes for this forum. But I swear, if you hate games, you are such an idiot and insert other insulting phrases here. I don't think that joke worked very well...
Odd question indeed, but it's a question I hear non-straight people talking about being asked a lot. I suppose it's just a result of heteronormativity. Heterosexuality is frequently assumed to be default, so if you're not people tend to respond with, "Are you sure?"

A little advice for everyone I got from my sister who studies medicine on me and my father not getting enough sun, especially in the winter: get some Vitamin D supplements, since you don't find it in most foods but get it from exposure to sunlight. I'm typically hesitant to give anyone health advice, but this is something that is probably useful for everyone here, as we're all gamers. Just thought I'd mention it.
I do take Vitamin D supplements. It helps, but still not a good enough replacement for actual light.

Also, guys, I figured out why I've been especially moody lately. Sure, winter depression is part of it, but for my skin condition crud I've been using a prescription topical steroid. My sister and I both have a history of being sensitive to steroids, which generally results in us having like 0% emotional control. I just didn't think of it since this stuff is topical and my sister and I reacted to oral steroids.
Mystery solved, guys. Now I just need to wait for my skin to fix itself so I can stop using the stuff.

DarkGemini24601

Odd question indeed, but it's a question I hear non-straight people talking about being asked a lot. I suppose it's just a result of heteronormativity. Heterosexuality is frequently assumed to be default, so if you're not people tend to respond with, "Are you sure?"

I do take Vitamin D supplements. It helps, but still not a good enough replacement for actual light.

Also, guys, I figured out why I've been especially moody lately. Sure, winter depression is part of it, but for my skin condition crud I've been using a prescription topical steroid. My sister and I both have a history of being sensitive to steroids, which generally results in us having like 0% emotional control. I just didn't think of it since this stuff is topical and my sister and I reacted to oral steroids.
Mystery solved, guys. Now I just need to wait for my skin to fix itself so I can stop using the stuff.
Ahhhh.

Rave

I used to have a light box, it really helped me allot. It broke and never got a new one. ._.

BlueBead

I used to have a light box, it really helped me allot. It broke and never got a new one. ._.
I actually have one. I need to dig it out. There's no space on my desk for it though, so it might need some dumb temporary TV tray to sit on or something.