Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Twenty-six

In Cleardevon, the small town just west of the manor, Mina had used what little money she had to get a room at an inn, with the last of her coppers going to breakfast in the morning. For the first time in so long, she had a shower and a bed to sleep In, and sleep she did, despite her anxiousness.

Outside in the dead of night, however, trouble brewed. Dark portals opened, tears in the fabric of the universe. One by One, half a dozen imps, denizens of the demon realm crawled out. They set eyes on the inn, intent on killing all within, including young Mina.

As the imps started to make there way to the apartment, a few bolts went into the throat of one of the imps. The other turned around to see a man in steel armor with a crossbow, as the man reloaded he fired another bolt into one of the demos eyes. "Demos filth, how dare you try to assassinate my friend! You will pay with your lives." Charter pulled out his sword and planted it in the ground. Fya'munt warlord god, Mendakin god of light lend me your strength so I may destroy this scum!"

The demons shuttered amongst themselves, looking down at the bleeding out imp. They suddenly rushed Charter all at once while two dodged to the side to lob fireballs at the man.

When Charter looked at the daemons, both his eyes were red and he charged the Imps with no hesitation. Charter raised his shield up and rammed into the imps running one over, and hitting another with his shield. Charter drove his sword into the imp that was on the ground, and Charged another imp looking to cut the imp in half. Several backed away, while a pair stayed forward, clawing at him and his shield. To both of his sides, the pair of fire throwers started tossing their fiery death at him.

Charter was being overwhelmed getting hit in his side, and being hit with a fireball. When the smoked cleared most of Charter's armor was removed till there was only chain mill. Charter laid on the ground looking like he was near death. On of the Imps went in for the kill, but Charter put his sword into the chest of one of the imps and slashed it through the side being slashed wide opens and it's guts spilling out. Charter grabbed his sword with both hands and with a huge yell He charged the imps, He plunged his sword into one of the imps Chest and pulled out his dagger to slit the imps throat. Another charged Charter only for him to kick the imps head and put his sword into the lungs of the imp and slashed his sword forward bringing out his rib cage and lungs.

Six imps remained, all over them slowly backing away, looking more defensive.

"Rl ni bncl dlaej," one of them said in the same language Eliza used.

"Where do you think your going, there is no escaping justice you shouldn't have come here now you will all die for your mistake." Charter once again charged the imps with his sword and dagger in hand.

The imps ran to either side. Short range had done little for them, so they circled around him, firing fireballs from all sides at the man. Charter getting hit with fire balls yelling in pain, the very chain armor that was protecting his and was his last pit of protection for his upper torso was heavy damaged. Charter Once again coming out of the smoke his helmet the only thing protecting his head from the fire. As Charter charged i the imps, he seemed different. Charter used his throwing knives which thanks to the fire were heated up not when Charter thew one of them into one of the imps Eyes, burning it's eye. Charter threw his other knives at one of the imps one landing in it's chest and neck killing one of the imps.

Charter yelled and charged the other five imps,looking like a different man. Charter jumped and slashed one of the imps in half, another talked Charter it's horns penetrating Charter skin. As Charter yelled in pain, and drove his dagger into the back of the imps neck he then grabbed the Imp chin and snapped it's neck. the other imps smelling blood went after Charter hoping to finish him off, Charter dove for his shield and went into an alley.

The three remaining slowly backed off. He was wary and injured, but to them, he was as demonic as them. Without a word, one of them turned, fleeing down the street.

A crossbow bolt hit the back of the fleeing Imp, when Charter emerged from the alley. the see that his helmet was off, when the imps looked at Charter then see his eyes were as red as their skin with their fellow demos blood covering him. Charter yelled and charged the imps, the imps tried to run from the man which to them looked more like an imposing demon then they did. Charter drove his sword into one of the demons forcing it to the ground, as his sword was plunged into the chest of the imp like a spike. Charter continued to run to the other two imps who looked paralyzed with fear, one tried to attack Charter. But he grabbed the imps arm and it's neck and forced it to the ground, Charter then pulled out his dagger and slashed at the imps throat until there was nothing but blood and it's throat to the side of it's neck.

When Charter turned around, he saw the final imp. To the imp Charter being covered in more blood the demon tried to run. Charter grabbed its tail and it's leg, Charter forced the imp to the ground Charter flipped the demon and started to punch the Imp constantly over and over the imp tried to fight back but Charter just overwhelmed it and continued to punch the demon until it stopped fighting back and there was nothing left of it's face. Charter turn around and grabbed his sword shield and throwing knives.

"Geez. Brutal." Destani stepped out of a time portal. "Absolutely brutal."

Charter looked at Destani, and when he did he looked around. "Yea I guess I did go a bit over board, sorry about this."

The god held up a hand and let out a tired laugh. "No problem. I wonder what people will think when they wake up tomorrow and see this mess, though."

"That is not our concern, as long as Mina is safe that's all I care about. Is it possible for me to check on her to make sure nothing got past me?"

"She's okay. I've been watching. Besides..." Destani coughed a few times. "We're running out of time. Gotta... head back to the others, friend."

"That's good to know, right it's clear this is hard on you we better move quickly. As fast as possible I just hope the others are alright."

"We'll find out once we step through the portal," Destani said, waving for Charter to enter.

Before Charter entered the portal he looked at the hotel."Don't worry Mina we will make sure you are safe and things go back to they way they are." Charter entered the portal and left with Destani.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Twenty-Seven

After days of travelling through the northern part of Serasam, avoiding monster, surviving monsters, pushing herself to continue on, Mina stood in the woods just outside of the Havenbrook Manor, overlooking its gates. She didn’t move, however. Something compelled her to simply watch. To wait.

There was a noise behind her. She spun back, but it was too late. One of the mercs from days before had survived the initial attack, though he had lost an eye in the crossfire. He shoved her against a tree, holding her by her neck. He grinned widely. “Guess I get the reward all my own, huh?” he said with a laugh, raising a large knife.

There was a quick swish sound, the hand clutching the knife falling to the ground. When the man opened his mouth to howl in pain and light-made blade came out through it from the back of his head. He was dead before he even dropped to the ground.

Mina screeched when she saw who it was, but quickly remembered what he did for her. Instead she collapsed to her knees, and started sobbing. “Can’t… I can’t… can’t do this…”

“God you are pathetic…” Lyr mumbled under his breath, this little girl seeming nothing like the mother who took him in. “Stop your crying and wipe your eyes. You aren’t some slave girl being pounded till she squeals anymore, you have to be a fighter. You survived Kemar, I don’t see why you are breaking down now.”

She did wipe her eyes, but gave him a sore look. “Don’t talk like you know me, snake. I… I-I was confident. I was sure I could do this a week ago. But ever since I crossed the border, everything and everyone has been trying to kill me. I… it is like I am destined to die…”

“Well then, I suppose I should just put the dagger in your heart right now, shouldn’t I?” Lyr stepped forwards, causing Mina to backpedal until she bumped against a large tree. He slammed his palm against the trunk next to her face, “Maybe I’ll just make you a slave like the last bandit leader you came across. After all, it would be destiny. Is that what you really want out of your life? Is that your weak excuse?”

Her lip quivered a bit, but she quickly clenched her fists tightly. “I-I… I-ll kill you before I become your slave.”

“And if that merc was going to do the same, would you still be just as defiant?” the young teen tilted his head, “Or because he wasn’t an Ophidian you wouldn’t have minded. You know unlike us other humans can get you pregnant.”

“Screw you!” She snapped. “I… I’d rip out his throat with my bare hands, got it?! I… I’m tired of people using me! Controlling me! That bastard in the desert. These assholes trying to kill me. And especially that murderer in that building over there!”

“You sure about that?” Lyr asked in a whisper in her ear. “You certain you got what it takes?”

Mina clenched her teeth. She shoved her back as hard as she could, and drew her sword. “Do you want me to show you that I have what it takes?”

“That would be wonderful.” The Ophidian urged her, his weapon disappearing. “Kill me, right here, right now. Show me you aren’t a scared little girl.”

Her hands tightened around the grip of her saber until they turned white. She looked him up and down, breathing rapidly. After a few moments, however, she lowered her sword. “No. No, you’re not the one I’m here to kill. The one who has to die today is my uncle… and I plan to get that done right now.” She sheathed her sword. “Th… thank you.”

“You can thank me with a hug.” Lyr said seriously.

Mina gave him a confused looked. “A… hug?” Her eyes shifted back and forth. “Um…” She slowly stepped forward, and nervously held out her arms.

Walking forwards, Lyr put his arms around the girl, chuckling bitterly, “You are so short. What did that man see in you as he bounced you around?” he joked.

“That’s not funny,” Mina said, but held him a bit tighter. “Why… do I get the feeling you know me a lot more then you could?”

“I am an extraordinary snake.” Lyr responded solemnly, “remember, clean that scarf. It’s more valuable then even you.”

Mina laughed, pulling away from him. “I’ll be sure to do that… as soon as I am finished with Alfred Havenbrook.” She bowed her head to him, and slowly made her way to the Manor. “Don’t bother wishing me luck,” she called back. “I won’t need it.”

Twenty minutes later, Mina and Alfred squared off in the courtyard of the Manor, the Hunters of the Guild watching. In a quiet tone only Mina could hear, Alfred spoke between the swipes and swishes. “You know… if it makes you feel any better, you are supposed to win this fight. You did, actually. You won. You… killed me.”

“What… are you… talking about?” Mina said, quickly getting winded.

“You killed me,” Alfred repeated. “And I spent what felt like several life times in Hell. I was surprised to hear it was only twelve. But I got a second chance. I was freed. I was led to the library of history. And I came back to fix my mistake. I don’t know how you survived my assassins when the page says you died, but I won’t underestimate you like I did last time. I am going to kill you. And then the Havenbrook Organization will flourish under me.” He laughed. “Be proud. I like many of the ideas you would have implemented, and they will serve me well.”

Mina wasn’t sure if he was telling the truth, was trying to get in her head, or simply crazy. Either way, it was obvious he wasn’t holding back. There was no arrogance making him drop his guard. He might have been telling the truth, as he blocked and countered everything she did like he knew what she would do. As far as she could see, he really did have future knowledge on his side, and that combined with her wariness from travel was about to be her downfall.

A stab. A swipe. A parry. A thrust. A misstepped attack, and Alfred’s blade danced across her upper arm. She cried out in pain, dropping her sword and falling back. Many of the Hunters who had been with the Organization long enough to know Mina looked ready to jump in, including a certain Elf, but they were duty and honor bound to stay out of the duel. Alfred smile, kicking his brother’s saber out of reach of his niece. “Any last words before I send you to see mommy and daddy?”

“I don’t think it would be wise to lay another hand on that girl.” Someone from beyond the crowd noted sternly.

Alfred slowly looked in the direction of the voice. “Who said that? You can not interrupt this fight.”

“I don’t care.” The voice responded, the crowd parting to allow Alfred to see the young man dressed up in nice white linens. His hair was nicely kempt, though it was long to cover large portions of his face. “Beating up on a girl is not proper for a man in the first place.”

“Yeah?” Alfred turned to approach him. “This is a duel of honor. Young Mina here is fighting for the honor of the family she lost, or so she says. I am fighting for my own honor, as she accuses me of wrongdoing. It will not end until one of us falls, boy. And as someone I don’t even recognize, what gives you the right to try and stop it?”

“Well then, I just have to make you fall. Thank you for that information.” The boy in white began slowly taking steps towards Alfred.

“Get him out of here!” Alfred yelled.

“Sir.” Eraqus stepped forward. “I believe this man has an issue with you, speaking on behalf of Lady Havenbrook. Now… considering the circumstances, especially her poor state, is it not the honorable thing to do to let him substitute for her?”

Alfred glared at him. “You’re the first I’m getting rid of,” he muttered to himself. Louder, he said, “Very well. I will finish you off, then give her the honorable death she seems destined for.” He raised his sword. “But please, when I put you down, don’t have any more teenagers show up to whine about it.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Twenty-Eight

Wiping some hair to the side, his closed shut and scarred eyes stared directly at Alfred. “You seem so sure in victory.”

Alfred laughed. “Against a blind child?” He shook his head. “I’ll try and make it as quick and painless as possible.”

“Lady Nemesis… give me strength.” Janne spoke softly, raising a single hand to send out a bolt of pure white light that let out a great crack. The boom of the thunder was enough to make the topsoil quake when it jumped out.

Alfred flew back, skidding across the ground. He coughed relentlessly, patting out he singes in his shirt. “What… the hell. No… magic…” He slowly climbed to his feet. “Duel with weapons… you son of a bitch…”

“Scared?” The blind boy asked the guild leader, walking up to the battered Mina, kneeling down and placing a hand on her back with a frown.

She slowly looked up at him and gasped. “Y-you… w-what are you…?”

“I was afraid that the girl who saved me would die before I got a chance to save her again. N-Not that I was actively looking for a reason to pay you back. I thought you would have been fine on your own, but then I heard that a girl looking like you had to be saved from a group of thugs by a bunch of strangers. I should have been the one to protect you. Like you did for me.” For the first time, Mina got to see what a smile looked like on her friend’s face.

She smiled back. “Carth… th-thank you. I-I…”

Alfred charged forward. One for honor on the surface but caring little for it in reality, he attempted to run the boy through while he was distracted.

To sneak up on Carth was a hard thing to do, and his sword bounced off a shield of magic, the aftershock causing him to fly back like a ragdoll.

Alfred slowly rose to his feet. “Enough of this.” He pulled out his hand cannon with one hand and formed a fireball in the other, magic seemingly something he had over Mina. He tossed a huge fireball, intent on burning both teens at once.

Fire was one thing Janne did not deal well with even now, putting up a shield that was much weaker than the first, shattering apart when it impacted. The teen shook, having to take deep breaths.

“Watch out,” Mina shouted, pushing Carth down as a bullet whizzed by them. She rolled to the side to grab her sword, just in time to block Alfred’s blow. He pushed down on her, his strength far superior to hers.

“I won’t let you take the guild from me!” he yelled furiously. “I’ll send you to Hell to meet your parents!”

Carth scrambled off the ground, using the much larger outline of Alfred’s body to identify who was who. Lunging forward, he slammed his fist into the man’s side. “I won’t let you hurt her!”

Alfred rolled away, holding his side. He was calm and composed when things were going his way, but quick to lose his temper when he was losing control. Again, he pulled his gun, firing at the blind teen, hoping his lack of sight would make it a little hard to dodge bullets.

He was right, the bullet hitting Janne across the side of his head, causing him to fall to the ground. “Carth, no!” Mina cried out, burst into tears. With an almost primal cry, she charged Alfred.

“Stupid girl,” he said venomously, aiming his gun at her. She dodged to the side as her fired, the bullet punching through her side. To his shock, she didn’t stop. He dropped his gun and lifted his sword again, but it was too late. She knocked the sword to the side with her arm, ignoring the gash it left. And plunged her sword into his stomach. “N...no…” Alfred dropped his sword and grasped her shoulder. “Please… my niece… you can’t…”

Mina screamed again, yanking out the sword and knocking him down. Then she plunged the sword into him, again and again. It wasn’t until the fifth stab that he died when she stabbed into his heart. It wasn’t until the tenth stab that she finally got control of herself. Slowly, she rose to her feet and turned, walking towards the prone Carth. “Oh, Carth,” she said, hold her side, tears rolling down her cheeks. “I’m so sorry.”

Much to her surprise, his body moved, the teen sitting up, holding the graze against the side of his head with a groan, “Why?”

Mina cried out in joy, rushing over and falling to his side, holding him tight. “You're alive! I… I was afraid that shot had killed you!”

“Wouldn’t that be anticlimactic. I hadn’t even asked what I came here for.” Her childhood friend said with a chuckle.

“Get these two to the infirmary,” Eraqus said to the others, not looking too upset about the loss of his boss.

While the Hunters were helping the teens on to some stretchers, Mina smiled and reached over, taking Carth’s hand. “It really was lucky you were here. Why did you come, though?”

“Hm? I… I forget actually. I was thinking about it so much but it slipped my mind.” the white haired boy said with some confusion. “Mind if I hang out here until I remember?”

Mina giggled. “Of course. You’ve saved me twice. I… would absolutely love to have you.”

While the manor field was swarming with commotion as the two were taken to get cared for, off in the distance, concealed by the leaves of the trees, the golden haired Ophidian was squatting on the thick branch of the oak tree. His green eyes shifted to the side, “Were you watching the others the whole time too? To make sure everything went smoothly?” He turned his whole head back, “Is that actually you or one of your clones?”

Destani, looking none too energized, chuckled. “This is the real me. The doubles are grabbing the others. Though we are all technically the real me, I just happen to be the ‘real’ one from your view. At any rate, I didn’t want to miss this.” He opened a time portal for them. “Good news. Alfred is dead. Mina is not. Mission successful.”

“That boy is strange though. Who the hell is he?” Lyr asked in a stunning display of being unknowledgeable for once in front of the god.

“A boy from Mina’s past. Someone who originally stayed away from Mina and grew up to be… unpleasant. He wasn’t supposed to be here. I guess the alterations in the timeline, especially the change of her being attacked, made him come here. I guess, when we get back, we’ll see how this affected the future.”

Lyr grunted, standing slowly, “Tell me something before we leave. There’s two things I need to know.”

Destani nodded. “Sure. What’s that?”

“Am I… destined to be the one who protects mother?” the Ophidian asked seriously, looking the god in the eyes.

Destani sighed. “I’m not supposed to tell people that… but I do owe you and the others favors. But…” He folded his arms. “Things could be different now that some changes have happened, but originally… n… no…”

His features dropped a bit, though the snake nodded. “Better to learn now then after spending all my time chasing something unobtainable. I suppose that leads me to my second question.” Leaning against the tree, Lyr crossed his arms, “If you need help again with something, are you going to come to me? It seems a bit unorthodox that a god relies on mortals for help, but whatever it was, you seemed to give me some sort of special attention I don’t think the others got. So? Am I destined to serve you in some capacity again?”

“Who can say if something like this will happen again? However, there are other problems in the works. Problems that will challenge the gods themselves. That said…” Destani smiled. “I see you being one the gods can rely on. I hope we can trust you to help us in the future.”

“Out of all the crazy stuff I have witnessed I think a god asking an Ophidian to put trust in the gods of all things is the craziest.” Shaking his head, the snake began walking towards the portal. “If you need some sort of guardian, you got one. I’ll build you a little shrine next to my bedroom toilet. I’m keeping the ring by the way. My people do so love our trinkets.” he noted as he walked past the immortal being who looked no older than him. Destani laughed, following after him.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Twenty-nine

All around Charter, the emptiness of pure white faded away. Slowly, reality formed as shelves of books formed, and the familiar smell of the library came to his nostrils. He was back at the Manor. But which version? His version? Or the one where Esmeralda...?

"What do you think of 'Nester'", he heard the voice he longed for say behind him. "I have a cousin named Nester. Though he always pulled on my ears. Mmm... never mind. Nester is a stupid name."

Character with shock in his eyes, Charter put his hand on Esmeralda cheek.

"Es is that you the real smiling, happy you?"

Her eyes shifted back and forth. "Um... Yeah? Who else would I be?"

Tears rolled down Charters cheek something Esmerelda never saw before, Charter then hugged Esmerelda tightly. "It you the you, not a mope depressed you that has given up on life."

Es hugged him back, her own eyes watering up a bit. "Of course I'm not depressed. Even if I was, having you in my life would stop that every time."

Charter held Esmerelda cheeks and kissed his girlfriend. It's her it's relay her, the woman I car about the most the woman that will be mine one day.

Esmeralda gave him a passionate kiss back. She wasn't sure had had come over him, but for now, she just wanted to share his enthusiasm.

"Um... Mr. Van Dam." Seph poked her head around the corner. "I really hate to interrupt, but... we have a problem."

Charter stopped kissing Esmerelda and looked at Seph, no not again, wait but we fixed things right? " What's the problem Seph, is the manor being torn apart, are we under attack?"

She blinked in surprise. "Um... No, not exactly. There is just this guy outside the library I don't know saying he wants to beat you up."

Charter looked back at Esmerelda. and held her hand. "I'll be back shortly, but i would apreciate it if you came with me."

Esmeralda nodded. "Okay. Though try to avoid a fight if you can."

The pair stepped out of the library. Next to the door was a familiar man with the appearance of a teenage blonde. "Hey, Imp-slayer. Think you're tough enough to take me on?"

Charter chuckled at the man. "It's alright you two I know this man, Es I'll be fine there won't be any fighting. All though it would be interesting, fighting him."

"Ah, Esmeralda." Destani took her hand, lightly kissing it. "You look so much more lovely with a smile then a frown."

She giggled. "Why, thank you. I like to think so too."

Destani nudged his head back. "Can I have a quick word, Charter?"

"Of course." Charter to walk with the god of fate. "You know if I tell Es that a god called her cute, I fear that would just boost he nonexistent ego."

Destani patted him on the shoulder. "Best leave it between us. I really want to thank you, man. You and the others really saved me butt... for the most part, anyway. Still have a few changes in time that we'll have to deal with, and my father is going to grill me over this. But the point is things are mostly back to the way they were."

"That's great to hear,nice to know that most things are back to normal. A quick question, does Mina remember me from way back then, or the current me?"

Destani folded his arms. "Well, the whole period of time was stressful, she only saw you once, and she never heard any of your names, so chances are good she won't remember you being there. Though she'll likely remember a person like you, so maybe she'll be more inclined to favor you." He grinned. "Too bad you'd sound crazy if you told her. So... so don't tell her. It would complicate things."

"That's sounds, good want to keep that to myself. Though it's weird for me to fight imps, never thought I would fight demons. Whoever wants Mina dead went through a lot of trouble."

"The universe is a fickle mistress..." Destani rubbed his chin. "I'll come up with a proper thank you later. For now, how about some advice about the future from the god of Fate?"

"I will, take any advice I can. Especially from a god of fate."

"Let me see... truth be told I less tell the future and more use omni-present knowledge to super predict things, so I need attunement with the world." Destani closed his eyes. "Hmm... here is something interesting. You achievements and strength has not gone unnoticed. Soon enough, you will given a chance to get a very, very tempting offer. However, you will have to give up something important to achieve it. So you should start thinking about what is important to you now, and consider if you are willing to part with it."

"Well that's very suspicious, well then thank you for that." Charter looked back at Esmeralda. "Though I'm pretty sure I will not accept it if I had to lose Es then I don't want it."

Destani nodded. "Sorry I can't be more specific. Rules and all. Though I will tell you one more thing." He gave Charter a serious look. "Alfred's spectre did not escape Hell or gain access to the Library of History on his own. Even with the timeline back to normal, I can not see who helped him, meaning it is a powerful being. Possibly even one of my fellow gods. What's more, I see a dark cloud descending on this Hunter's Guild in the near future. I have a feeling whoever had it out for Mina will make themselves known soon."

"Hum making that offer sound tempting now, hum well if one of the gods want to attack the manor I will be ready for it and protect Mina and Esmerelda with my life."

"Good man." Destani patted him on the shoulder. "Hopefully I won't need your help again. But if I do, I hope I can rely on you."

"I live to serve the gods, the good one anyway. I well have no problem serving you again."

"Good." Destani walked back. "Take care, friend. And show that woman you fought so hard to get back how much you love her." He walked around a corner, a bright flash indicating he had gone through a portal.

"Ou I plan to." Charter went back to the library and hugged Esmerelda back." So that friend of my who just left was a god, and he agreed that you are beautiful. So now when I say that the gods themselves are jealous of you, it would be true."

Esmeralda laughed, placing her head against Charter's shoulder. "You are such a flatterer. And that is one of the million reasons why I love you."

"I try my best, but now." Charter lifted Esmerelda to where she was eye to eye with him."I want to show you how much I love you, to the point where the goddess of sex will be jealous of what we do. If you don't get pregnant from what I do to you it will be amazing."

Esmeralda blushed. "Heheheh... looking forward to it."

As the pair walked back to the back of the library, shutting the door behind them, Seph scratched her own blushing cheek. "Guess he forgot I was here... heh..."

For half a minute, there was nothing but silence around Arlia. Even Destani seemed to be gone. Then, from below, the floor spread out. Then the walls sprang up. Then the people. Arlia was back at the Manor. But what version? Would she run into a friendly face, or a face she hated so much.

Behind her, a throwing knife stabbed into the head of a practice dummy. "So this chi you speak of," Bea start, getting ready for another throw. "What is the first step in mastering it?"

"For one to learn how to access their chi, they must first focus on their inner strength." Arlia replied, silently hoping that it was the Bea from her timeline.

"Inner strength. That's like... knowing oneself and inner focus and... meditation, right?" Bea nodded. "I will give it my all. Perhaps there will be books in the library on the subject."

As Bea continue to practice, a familiar voice behind said, "Welcome home, Princess." When she turned, Destani was giving her a big grin, and was looking a lot healthier.

Arlia chuckled. "Nice to see you're feeling better."

"It helps when I have a chance to rest. As soon as I took those damn rings of, I took a nap. Only been a minute for You, but truth be told, I slept for three days straight in my time bubble." Destani gave her a nod. "You did good. You found the page. You protected Mina twice. I'm glad I had you on board."

"I did what I had to to protect my guild." Arlia replied. "I am apart of this organization until the day I die."

Destani's smile faded ever so much. "Can I... give you some advice about the future as a reward? A little of my foresight?"

"And what might that advice be?" The princess inquired.

The Fate god took a deep breath. "Mortal lives are so short. One of the most important things to do in the short time we have is to make a positive impact on the people around us. Titania... she is a good woman. And you to make good friends. I hope this experience has shown you both the sanctity of life and how important it is for us to be able to count on each other. So please, for both your sakes... don't let that fight you two had push you apart."

"Right." Arlia lowered her gaze. "I should apologies for that. We won't be able to be friends forever, with how risky this job is... one of us is likely to die one of these days."

Destani placed a hand on her shoulder. "Cherish her, and all your other friends. It is one thing mortals have over us gods. We're not exactly the friend making sorts."

"I will..." Arlia stated. "I'll see you in the coming future then?"

Destani nodded. Glancing around and seeing no one was looking, he formed a portal behind him. "Hopefully under better circumstances. Though keep your guard up. Some unknown force has its eyes on the guild. Stay sharp."

"I will be on my guard." Arlia responded as she waved goodbye to him.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part
Thirty

Betty walked forward in the in the endless abyss for a few seconds before the world began to form around her. She soon found she was standing back in the main lab back at the manor. "Oh! Betty!" The Fly Thrope looked to her side, and found Erin standing next to her.

"Wha... Erin! Does zhis mean... We did it?" Betty exclaimed, looking around.

"I... I don't know." Erin looked around. "And I'm not sure how to find out."

"Hey!" Someone called out. "What are you doing in my lab?"

Betty felt her heart drop, had they failed? Her mind raced as she slowly turned to locate the source of the voice.

Destani smirked as he leaned against a cabinet. "Just kidding."

Erin narrowed her eyes. "That wasn't funny."

The god shrugged. "I thought it was pretty funny."

"Today's been... A lot..." Betty replied, sighing tiredly as she found a nearby chair. All of a sudden the Thrope perked up, clearly not able to relax just yet. "F-Farron! Did you check on him, did he make it over safe?"

Destani held out his hands. "Calm down, my dear. Calm down. He's okay. Only..."

The Fly leaned foward. "Only... What...?"

Destani shrugged. "Well, since he had to resync with the timeline before we were done, he has no memories of anything happen. As far as he's concerned, nothing happened."

"I guess zhat's okay..." She replied, "I'm not sure I'd like to remember dying..."

Erin nodded. "But we'll remember everything, right?"

"If you want." Destani looked between them. "I can erase your memories if you'd like."

"N-No!" Betty quickly stopped him. "I... Zhere are some zhings I learned zhat I need to remember..."

"Oh... right!" Destani smiled. "Your parents, right?"

"Yeah... Reah, my Aunt. My father's old guild... surely they must know somezhing about where zhey've gone..." The Fly stated, "And Helvan. Missing persons in Helvan... It all could've changed, but some of it must be true, right?"

Destani nodded. "I wish you luck. As a parting gift, would you like some advice from the future."

Erin looked up and Betty. "What do you think?"

Betty considered it carefully, thinking of what she could ask him about the future. She could use this chance to find out critical information about her parents location, but a much more immediate concern pressed on her mind then. Eventually, after a few moments, she made her decision. "Uhm... Ze Fairaven Institute of Magic recently... Took our little girl away... Eliza... How do we get her back? What do we do?"

Erin looked a bit surprised at first, but smiled and nodded. "Yes, please tell us."

Destani closed his eyes. "I can not tell you exactly what happens, as your knowledge of the future could very well change it." He remained silent for half a minute as he sensed the world around him and used that knowledge to gain a glimpse into the most possible future. Opening his eyes, he said, "You attempts to buy her back will end in failure I'm afraid. What you see as a child lost and far from home, they see as a priceless research specimen. But you will get a chance to get her back with patience. Bide your time. Watch Fairaven closely. Their ventures into dark and forbidden magic will cause them grief, grief they will look to you to fix at any cost, even an extremely valuable research specimen."

"So... We have to wait... I was afraid you'd say zhat..." Betty frowned, crushing her hand into a fist. "I-I just can't stand knowing she's out zhere cold and alone... I promised it wouldn't be for long... Do I really have to break my promise...?"

Destani sighed. "I am afraid it is your only option, at least the only one that doesn't land you dead or in a box trying to storm in a liberate her. And that would fail, trust me, I saw that possible future."

"Can you tell us how Eliza is now?" Erin asked, practically pleading.

The god rubbed the back of his neck. "I... really shouldn't..."

The Engineer looked up at the God with her large eyes filled with fear and sadness. Betty was terrified of what his answer would be, a million worst case scenarios running through her mind at the same time. "P-Please... Just... Tell us..."

The god sighed, and closed his eyes. After a minute, he said, "I see a lost child, putting on a brave face but scared deep down. But... she is determined. She eats what he is given and does as she is told because she knows it is only a matter of time until she leaves. In return, while still treated like a lab animal, she is kept healthy and uninjured. And every night, she speaks to a toy she snuck in about how she looks forward to seeing her mother once more."

Betty became a little teary-eyed once more, her emotions jumping all over the place in a single day mentally exhausting the girl. "Zhat's... I'm glad to know she's safe at least... But... It's still hard to know zhey're treating her like zhat..."

Erin took her hand. "We will get her back, Betty. Even if we have to fight fate itself. Um... no offense, Destani."

The fate god chuckled, a portal forming behind him. "I wouldn't fight back. Take care of each other. I hope the next time we meet, it is under better terms."

"Thanks... Maybe ze next time you get into a bind like zhis, I can get some more information about my parents." Betty gave him a soft smile, trying to partially cheer herself up with a small joke.

"Considering I have faith you'll find them in no time, that won't be needed." Destani blew her a kiss, and disappeared into his portal.

Erin squeezed Betty's hand lightly. "You okay?"

"I... I zhink so... Better zhan before at least... I met my parents." The Fly replied, looking at Erin. "I wanted to zhank you... For helping me back zhere..."

Erin bowed her head. "Naturally. I wasn't going to let you miss that chance. Not what say we head down to the library. We have some research to do and some names to look up, and I wish to start right away."

"Erin..." Betty said almost cautiously, unsure if she should bring it up. "I-I've been... I zhink I'd like to... Share a bed... with you... tonight..."

The Engineer rubbed her arm gently. "It's just... Maybe being next to you will help me sleep better... Today's events have... gotten me zhinking about some zhings that..."

Erin placed a hand on Betty's arm, smiling up at her. "Nothing would make me happier."

Betty merely rested her head on Erin's shoulder. "Zhank you..."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Thirty-one

The world quickly formed around the Ophidian teen, and he found himself standing before Mina's office once more. At least, he hoped it was her's. He knew she one her fight, but there were so many smaller changes to history, what if something else happened to her in the proceeding twelve years.

Lyr blinked a few times. "Hey..." He said warily.

"Hey." Eraqus cleared his throat. "Listen... I've been talking to Mina... to your mother. Maybe... Maybe I've been... too hard on you. I... I deserved to be socked in the training hall... and I shouldn't have gotten into a fight with you. It was immature and unprofessional."

The Ophidian let out a sigh of relief, "Stop being a pushover. If there was a problem between us, you would know."

Eraqus nodded. "Well, I'm going to tell everyone that if they mess with you, not to come crying to me when you put them down." He stepped past Lyr and said, "You mother wanted to talk to you."

"Up for an ass kicking later?" Lyr called after him.

Eraqus turned back and grinned. "Sure. But I won't go easy on you this time."

"Good." He smiled a small bit, turning around to find his mother.

She was leaning against her desk, giving him a pleasant smile. She looked ever so slightly more cheerful then she had been recently. He had to squint to see It, but Lyr noticed a small, faded scar on her cheek. "Hello, Lyr."

"Hello Mother." The Ophidian greeted, curious as to what this meeting meant.

"Did I ever tell you that... when I was younger, shortly after escaping your father, I met another Ophidian around your age. Only this one was kind to me. Saved my life in fact."

"Never did tell me that. When I first came here you were too busy trying to cast me out." Lyr jabbed.

Mina tried and failed to hide a tinge of guilt. "Yes, well... It was a while ago. It didn't even pop into my head at the time. Only recently." She walked over to one of the dressers. "He gave me something, actually. And he told me to go somewhere on a specific date. I was skeptical at the time, but... It turned out it was where you mother was. That's how I got to see her one more time before she died." She reached up, going up on her toes to grab a small box on the top.

"That was awfully nice of him. You ever find out who this mystery Ophidian happened to be?" Lyr questioned her.

"No, but... I had a really weird idea. One you might think crazy." Mina placed the box on the desk. "Where is that scarf you are always wearing?"

"I don't always wear it."

"Ah. Well..." She opened the box and pulled out the scarf he had given her all those years ago. Despite being twelve years older, it looked as fresh and clean as the day he got it. "The Ophidian asked me to return this to him some day, but I have no idea how I could find him. I don't think he would mind if I gave it to you though. You remind me of him."

"If he returns he can have it. The scarf was probably very important to him. Probably given to him from a dead relative or something." Lyr took the article of clothing and wrapped it around his neck.

Mina gave him a loving smile. "I... I hope you know, even if I'm still getting used to this, I'm glad my little one will have a big brother I'm sure he or she can rely on." She laughed. "And a voluptuous aunt, of course."

"Well, it'll be quite a while until then so we don't have to worry."

"Right." She waved her hand. "Alright. You're free to go." She walked around her desk. "Oh! One more thing. Janne wanted to know if you might change your mind about meeting him in the bar later."

"Who?" Lyr asked in confusion.

Mina rolled her eyes. "Very funny. I know your devotion to me makes you naturally suspicious of him, but he is the father of my child. I'm not asking you to call him dad, but the least you could do is share a beer with him."

Blinking several times, Lyr said, "Is he that boy who came to your rescue against your uncle?"

"Um... yeah." Mina gave him a concerned look. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I am fine. But I am 15. Not responsible of my mother to urge drinking."

"Oh... that's true..." Mina laughed. "Hahaha! Still getting used to this mother thing! Regardless, give him a chance. He just wants to get to know you. Um... but if he challenges you to poker, don't keep your cards exposed just because he 'can't see'."

"Y-Yeah..." Lyr noted warily. "How far along are you by the way?"

Mina looked down at herself. "About... two months, I believe."

"I see.. Good. You look good. Kara mentioned she was all bothered with a problem she needs your help with." He lied.

Mina nodded. "Alright. I'll go see her as soon as my paperwork is done. Thank you for letting me know."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Heroes of Fate
Part Thirty-two

The blinding white through the time portal seemed to fade away, something coming into focus. Before Titania realized It, she was standing in Ed's workroom in the forge. From out the door, she heard the sounds of busy work. And for her side, she heard a familiar voice say, "Yeah, don't worry about it. I won't tell anyone your a noble. Not the first secret I'd be keeping for someone."

Titania quickly hugged the old warrior Netzi, the worry and stress slowly ebbing away. "I missed you, and I don't believe I can tell you why."

For the moment at least, Ed's excitement about being hugged by a pretty young woman was overshadowed by his confusion. "Um, thanks, though... I've been here talking to you the whole time... I think."

"If you only you experienced what I just experienced..." Titania replied melancholically, moving back slightly so she could look at the old Netzi. "I will tell you that I'm now bound to my word, otherwise I might change fate itself." She winked, trying to not anger Destani, but still trying to give Ed a hint about what had happened.

Ed blinked, but smiled. "Well, I'm sure whatever it is, it is a secret worth keeping, so I won't bother you about it."

"S-sorry it took so long!" Ferron quickly stepped inside with a glass of water. "They had water here, but it was all hot, so I ran to the mess hall, a-and got you some ice to boot."

Titania released Ed, and walked over, giving the Elf a surprise hug before pulling away. "I can't really explain why I gave you a hug because I don't know if it'll violate any promise I made, but just know I missed you too... and I'd like to hangout with you sometime."

Ferron blushed. "Missed me? I've only been gone..." His eyes widened a bit. "You... You really want to hang out with me. Like... l-like friends or something?"

"Yeah... like friends or something." Titania replied happily, releasing the Elf and gaining a huge smile.

"I-I... I'd like that." Ferron said. "We could get a drink, or play cards, o-or, um... go to show in town, or..."

"Don't start drooling now, boy," Ed muttered with a smile.

Ferron wiped his face in case he actually was drooling and laugh. "I, um... oh, uh, some guy was looking for you just outside the armory. Young looking. Blonde hair. Red eyes. Looked like a vampire, 'cept he was standing in sunlight."

"Ahh... well, I suppose I could show you how to drink tomorrow... I actually kinda forgot I made a prior commitment with that guy. Sorry and thank you, Ferron. I'll see you two later." And with that, the Wolf Thrope walked promptly outside to look for Destani.

He was looking out the window, smiling as he watched some birds up in the sky. "Hey beautiful."

"Hey, handsome. How're you doing?" Titania asked, leaning against the opposite wall with a smile.

Destani turned to her. "You did really well. Saved the world. Or at least time. And my sorry butt. I'll have to make it up to you, huh?"

"Well, there are plenty of ways you can do that, but a simple date will do for now." Titania replies, tilting her head and winking at the God.

He laughed. "I'll take you up on that as soon as I deal with my father. Until then... I'd like to give you some advice for the future. You know... God of Fate and all."

"Even though that seems like it's against some God rules, far be it from me to deny the cute guy wanting to help me. What's the advice?" Titania asked curiously.

Destani took a deep breath. "Life is fleeting. Everything must come to an end some day. Some of us last a long time. Others... not so much. The fight you had with Arlia is not worth driving you two apart. You live a dangerous life. Don't miss your chance to be close, because either one of you could be lost at any time."

Titania's face paled, as she realized the full weight of what his words meant. One of us going to die... and pretty soon, cause it can't be coincidence that the God of Fate would tell me this... it's pretty ominous. I-I need to sit down... The Wolf Thrope thought, doing as she thought as sliding down the wall so she could feel stable for a moment.

Destani sighed, going to sit next to her. "I'm sorry for that. And I'm sorry I can't be more specific." He looked up. "But... take it from the god of Fate that Destiny and Fate aren't as strict as one might think. After all, you just experienced multiple changes in the timeline. There are a number of things different in this timeline now. Some small, some not so small. So who really knows if what I foresee will happen anymore, okay?"

"I-it's fine... mortals don't live forever, do we? Just... I understand, to some degree, what you mean. Thank you for at least giving me a heads up. Is... is there anyone else I need to be worried about?" She asked, some color returning to her face.

Destani shook his head. "No. Though... on a slightly lighter note, I foresee someone special to you will visit you soon. Or should I say, someone you are special to. You won't know them like they know you, and they probably won't open up to who they are, but with kind of person you are, I'm sure you'll get along well."

"Thanks. Well, I assume you need to go talk to your dad... need me to vouch for you?" Titania asked one last time, despite already knowing that he would probably say no.

Indeed, he shook his head. "This was my mistake, and I have to take responsibility." He stood up, and extended his hand to help Titania up. "Though finding so many mortals willing to assist the gods will help."

"Well... at least there's that. I'm going to guess that I won't see you for awhile, huh?" Titania asked, accepting his help.

"Probably not. But I will see you again." Destani lightly kissed her hand as his portal opened. "After all, gotta go on that date."

Titania giggled, before stepping closer and kissing the god's cheek. "Such a huge tease... I'll be waiting for when you get back, Dee. Just try not to get into much trouble while you're gone."

"Same to you, dear. Same to you." Destani bowed his head, and departed.

Dahlexpert

Plans pushed foreword

Alice Valentine's Castle
April 22nd, 3349
10 p.m.

The moon was high, brightening the landscape around the castle. an eerie fog rolling in. Tecunte lightly sipped on a glass of red wine while Alice had something else red in her glass. Behind her stood the loyal, mesmerized Band of Seven, all loyal puppets to the vampiric Necromancer. The large army of loyal bandits celebrated below in the front hall while the army of undead stayed out back, lest their stench soil the mood. The goddess raised her glass. "To the fall of Drăculești, and the utter destruction of the Vamperic elders!"

Alice also raised her glass." And to my race which now that there liberated, will now see the world for what it is and the chaos that will come of it." Alice looked at the band of seven." Come my darlings this is to celebration for you two."

They all nodded in unison, picking up drinks and smiling creepy, hypnotized smiles. "What did you do with the elders anyway?" Tecunte asked.

"Ou me and the easily whipped them out, but the last one the main elder the one who sentenced me to rot in that cell under the city!" Alice slammed the table out of anger but quickly regained her composure." I took a page from a long dead vampire tribe. I put a steak through his heart paralyzing him, the I put hooks on his ears and with chains around the hooks lifted him into the air so he can see his fallen paradise and when the sun came up it burned him to ash!"

"Harsh." Tecunte laughed, actually loving the mental image. "So what now? A lot of vampires died back there. Time to start turning people to repopulate, eh?"

"Yep, if I'm lucky the will start hunting again but for the moment my race is free again, Ou but I need to say something first. Alice looked at Rumi." Rumi can you come here for a minute."

The pink haired former opponent stepped forward. "Yes, my mistress?"

Alice pulled out a chair for her thrall when sh sat down Alice hugged and rubbed her head." I would like to say again that I'm sorry for what I did to you, making you my bandits play thing for days I'm sorry for that but I had to you for what you did." Alice said while holding her tightly.

"Of course, mistress. I only hope that I made them, and you, happy."

"I really need to look into that whole mind control thing," Tecunte said. "A few of my fellow gods can do that. There has to be a way to steal it..." She waved her hand dismissively. "Whatever. The point is..." A chill ran down her spine. She quickly turned, gasping at the white void going through the front door and consuming the castle. "Oh, no..."

"What the hell is that? Tecunte what's going on!" Alice said in a panic.

"No! No, no, NO!" Tecunte yelled as the void consumed the castle. After it passed, the goddess looked around in frustration. Gone were the celebrating bandits, only a few of them were downstairs getting drunk. Gone was most of the Band of Seven, only Rumi standing to the side watching. And gone was the friendly look on Alice's face, now replaced with the usual scowl and annoyed look she gave the goddess. "No! Damn it, fucking son of a bitch, no!"

"What the hell you worthless goddess, why are you in my home yelling! Ou wait don't tell me, another one of your "brilliant plans" Alice said in quotations." Failed again, so what was it this time?"

Tecunte took several deep breaths, doing all she could to calm down. "N-nothing. I was just... remembering... w-what were we talking about?"

"You were talking about the Reaper you still haven't brought to my master," Rumi said with a cold look. Alice was not fond of Tecunte, so naturally, Rumi wasn't either.

"Thank you Rumi, now pleas go change I have a nice new outfit for you." Alice whispered in her thrall ear." If you hear any racket, get Crixus and come and help me. Alice kissed the top of Rumi head and patted is as is she was a child.

Rumi giggled, and quickly skipped off. The goddess, still flustered, said, "I, um... my... my sister should bring it... what day is it... geez, two sets of memories are fighting for control..."

"It's April 17 I'm planning on attacking the seven with an ambush, geez what's wrong with you today?"

"She is a weird one, isn't she?" Grimora stepped out of a portal to Alice's side. "Hello, my dear. Auntie Grimora has a surprise for you."

Alice bowed her head to the goddess of darkness." I can presume it's my wonderful reaper that I was promised is it?" Alice said with some excitement in her voice.

The goddess of Darkness snapped her fingers, and a swirl of dark energy appeared next to Alice. A strong, vicious, freshly 'born' Reaper emerged.

"Ough look at him, he's amazing Ou the things we're going to do together. Ou I can bring back so many of my bandits."

"E-excuse me." A mini-demon, one who evidently hitched a ride with the Reaper, stepped forward. "L-lady Grimora, you told me to remind you when forty-eight hours had passed... if I remember... and I do remember, so..."

Grimora's eyes widened, some hairs standing on end. She turned to Alice. "Do you remember who Wilhelmina Havenbrook is?" When Alice nodded, Grimora's attention turned to her sister. "You!"

Tecunte held up her hands. "Now... now wait a minute..."

"You fucked it up!" the goddess of Darkness shouted. "How?! How could you... it was supposed to be idiot proof! What did you do?!"

Alice stood in confusion, wondering what was going on." Um do any of you mind telling me what's going on, because what are you two talking about?"

Grimora walked over yo her. "Let me explain the plan to you to see if it is as hard to understand as Tecunte seems to think it is. I free the soul of Mina's father from Hell. Tecunte here helps him steal a page in time from some unimportant time in history no one would notice. Like, say, when Alfred Havenbrook took over the organization seventeen years ago. In exchange for staying out of our way, he gets to take over his younger self and fix the organization so he is never at risk of losing it and he never has to kill is brother's family. He's happy, the guild is happy, and he even gets the ultimate revenge on Mina for killing him by making her love him, never knowing what he did in another life. Simple enough, right?"

Dahlexpert

Part 2

"Huh that does sound simple, wait no it doesn't. Who killed Mina parents in the first place?"

"Alfred did. Which I wanted to prevent. See, if they don't die, there is never a reason for Mina to want to kill Alfred." Grimora shot Tecunte a wicked look. "That's It, isn't It? That's where you screwed up. Instead of taking a page from a moment no one would notice until it was too late, you took it from an important time. You sent Alfred to kill her on the day he was supposed to die, didn't you?!"

"She deserves to die!" Tecunte screamed back. "She could have still presented a danger! You don't know what could have happened!"

"Neither do you!" Grimora countered. "Don't act like this was for the good of our plan. This was your own pettiness. You just couldn't let her live, even if it meant our plans going off without a hitch! You stupid bitch!"

Alice slammed her fist through her desk destroying, it and sending it through the ground and getting the gods attention.Alice eyes were black out of anger. "ENOUGH!" Alice said in a almost demon like yell, Alice breathed to calm herself down. "Ok now then Tecunte your done, your finished your no longer dealing with the Have Brook." When Alice said that Rumi came into the room wearing new outfit that came with a red cloak.

"I-is everything okay, master?" She asked, drawing her weapons in case they were needed.

Alice went to her thrall and rubbed her head."Yes don't worry, i'm fine thanking you for actually doing what I said and coming in when you did I will give you some of my blood later. Just wait outside the room for now alright, I need to deal with the goddess for the moment."

Rumi nodded, dutifully exiting. The Discord Goddess, her anger barely contained, sneered at Alice. "You trying to tell me what to do?"

"She's right." Grimora walked over to the railing, staring forward with a look combining frustration and exhaustion. "Your pettiness and anger with be the downfall of us all. You're no longer in charge I am. Then Alice. Then you at a distant third."

Alice could hear Tectune's fists tighten so much, the seemed to crack like they were broken. "This... is my mission! My goal! You are just..."

"Kayumi was right about you," Grimora muttered.

Tecunte's eyes widened. "Don't... you... dear..."

"Dear what? Tell the truth? He was right that I am wasted with you. I could be so much more without you. Count yourself lucky I let you help us at all now."

An eerie quiet filled the room. With an unusual, creepy calm, Tecunte walked over to Alice. "You remember that knife you stabbed my eye out with? Do you still have it? I want to show you something. Prove how serious I am about all this."

"Fits it wasn't a knife I used to take your eyes out it was my nails, but if you need something sharp my axes are over there." Alice pointed to a shelf, the axes being right next to them."

"Like I would remember the small details about you." Tecunte walked over and grabbed an axe before returning to Alice. Her back to Grimora, she pulled a vial hidden in her cleavage and pour the red liquid within over the blade. "Ready to see something great? Blink and you'll miss it." She quickly turned, and with a yell, stabbed the axe into Grimora's side.

"The hell are you doing you moron!" Alice yelled sinking her nails into the side of Tecunte and tossing her to the side of the room. Alice went to the goddess of darkness side."Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah." Grimora yanked the axe out. "I'm a goddess. Something like this won't kill me." She glared at Tecunte. "What the fuck is your deal?"

Tecunte grinned as she sat up, holding out her hand and causing the axe to sink into a pool of darkness. "Just wait. It is just starting."

"Wait for what, you stupid twat? That really h... really..." Sweat began to pool on Grimora's forehead, her face looming pale. "W... wha..." She coughed repeatedly before vomiting a mouthful of blood.

Alice looked at the goddess with concur." What did you do you morron!"

Tecunte laughed. "I... killed... her."

Grimora slowly turned her head to look at Tecunte, her skin a pale grey with cracks running across it. "Sis... ter..." She slumped to the floor, dead.

Alice looked surprised, and looked to her reaper. "Can you bring her back?"

He slowly shock his head. "Only certain gods can bestow life to the dead," he said in a low voice. He held out his hand, a bright orb of light floating out of Grimora's body.

Tecunte quickly held out her own hand, and the soul was covered in darkness before disappearing. "I'll take that, thank you. Can't let the other gods know about this. At least not yet."

Alice out of anger yelled and talked the goddess of discord. "You know I always wondered what would happen if a vampire can memorize a god, let's find out." Alice bit into the goddess and drank some of the gods blood.

After she was done, Tecunte softly at her. They both stood up, and Tecunte bowed her head. "What can I do for You, dear mistress?"

"Ou no you don't." Alice bit into her again draining the god of more blood."I will not stop until you obey me fully and are my puppet!" Alice continued to train the god of blood until she fell to a knee.

Tecunte slowly closed her eyes. "Are you done yet?" She asked. Moments Later, a tremendous force thrust the vampire across the room. The goddess stood up and rubbed her neck, the bite marks gone when she removed her hand. "Seriously, how fragile do you think the gods are." She looked down at her sister's corpse, slowly crumbling to ash. "Hahahaha! I guess my sister set a bad example!" She grinned at Alice. "Seriously though, we have work to do. You were talking about an ambush before we would interrupted?"

Alice eyes started to twitch. But she calmed down." Yes I was going to use Rumi to escort me to the seven, and attack them with my undead. I will succeed in this so don't worry."

Tecunte rubbed her chin. "Good idea... but flawed. I actually took the time to look for them for you. Surprisingly difficult, even for a goddess, but I can tell you they are spread all over the continent." She smiled. "I think I can get you one of them relatively soon, though."

"No I'm done waiting, I will find them all at once and one by one I will force them on my side." Alice opened the door. "Now leave before I get even angrier at you."

Tecunte shrugged. "Fine. Good luck getting them to magically appear in one spot at once." She opened a portal and walked to It, turning back. "You were in prison for a while, you know. And the seven got new members. Don't think they'll all be as easy as you little pet was."

"Don't worry I will handle it, now leave." Once the portole was closed Alice looked at Rumi and Crixus. "You two I have a mission for you both, this is extremely important failure is not an option. Rumi I need you tell me all about the seven and help me bring them all in one spot, Crixus help me recruit more bandiest to our cause." Alice turned to her new reaper, and walked to it. "You I need your help bringing back more courses back to life do you understand?"

The Reaper bowed his head. "Lady Grimora instructed me to follow your orders until the day I am destroyed, or I am needed to collect your soul."

"Good to hear." Alice looked at the pile of dust were the goddess of darkness was." Crixus please clean that pile of dust and throw it in a coffin, she deserves that at least."

latest

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Enter the Amalgamation of Gods' Bane Part One (ZombieSplitter53 and MarineAvenger)
(A week before Mina was erased from history)

A long sigh echoed throughout the large throne room, several of the undead guards glancing over at the Goddess of Discord as she let out an exaggerated yawn of boredom. On the throne itself, Grimora shot her a dirty look. "Please do not come to my city in my realm and start that. It is called relaxing."

"It is called mind numbing boredom," her sister countered.

Grimora shrugged. "I offered to go watch the damned souls with you."

Tecunte groaned. "It is no fun unless I am the one inflicting the suffering. Besides, they're dead. What's the point if the pain I cause doesn't stay with them for life?"

The Queen of the Dead scoffed. "Well, I am tired. Arranging things with one living psycho and busting out another dead one is hard work. So I... want to... relax." She leaned back and closed her eyes.

Tecunte moved her mouth in a mocking manner, and shot her sister an annoyed, almost murderous look as she lightly touched the pendant around her neck.

"My, my... What an unusual sight." An unknown voice spoke up, one of the undead guards flying into the wall of the throne room and shattering completely.

The Goddess of Darkness sprang to her feet, unsheathing the broad sword at her side. "Who goes there?! Who dares invade the capital of Hell?!"

"So loud... So... angry." A portal formed in the middle of the throne room as a sole person walked through. He wore extravagant drooping black robes stitched together with golden thread. There were adornments of the same metal in some areas with the shoulders exposed in cutouts. The individual was very short and looked not much older than a child close to puberty years. His robes hung open at the moment, showing his chest. Vermillion eyes stared emotionless at the pair.

Grimora nearly dropped her sword, and was quick to lower it. "Kayumi! L... Lord Kayumi. To... to what do I oh the pleasure."

Tecunte rolled her eyes, watching the boy with her arms folded. "Lord, indeed," she muttered.

Tilting his head, he stared only at Tecunte. "Excuse me?" Kayumi asked.

Tecunte smiled at him. "Nice to see you again, Lord Kayumi."

"I do not get why you give me an honorific. I am no Lord, nor would I want to be one. That comes with responsibilities I would never perform in any capacity." His hand moved to his hair, twirling a long strand around his finger, "I see you have no more respect for yourself then the last time we met, Te~ku."

Tecunte's eye twitched. "Maybe I would be more respectful if you stopped calling me that."

"It fits you so well though." Kayumi whispered with no emotional attachment to his tone, "A childish nickname for a childish goddess."

Before her sister could say or do something they would both end up regretting, Grimora let out a loud, distracting laugh. "You are so funny, Lo-... Kayumi. And insightful. S-so what brings you to Hell today? Looking for a soul? Perhaps you are here to enjoy a show?"

"I am here because I was bored with the overworld for now. Many developments, but no payoffs." His eyes did not leave Tecunte, "I also hear that some rather discouraging things have been acting in the favor of discord."

Tecunte smiled proudly, puffing out her chest. "Is that so? I wonder what dastardly, likely very attractive and intelligent fiend is behind that. Not that I'm complaining. I love me a bit of Discord. It is in my job title, after all."

"You hide behind such a thin veil that it might as well just tear from a gust of breath. As for the cause I highly doubt the intelligence of it. As for its beauty, well... Even people find beauty in bullfrogs of murky swamps. I hear they are good pets."

"Bastard!" Tecunte stomped forward. "This is none of your concern! Stay out of it!"

"So there is something going on after all." Kayumi surprisingly announced with his placid expression still remaining, "You didn't have to try and hide it from me. I am almost ashamed that a goddess of your low calibre is even allowed to scheme Teku. Why you stoop to her level Grimmy is beyond even my comprehension."

Grimora rubbed her wrists nervously. "W-well, she asked me for help, and... a-and I figured I could benefit and... a-and sister... you know?"

"Oh, would you stop being so spineless?!" Tecunte glared at the mystery child. "Now you listen to me. You have made it a point to set yourself apart from everyone, including the gods. If you tell them anything about me, you'll be siding with them. So unless you want to officially pick sides, you won't say a damn thing."

"Perhaps... But I've never been on a side, even when ruining plans. I do things because I can. Because I desire amusement. If say... Ranseca were to hear a rumor... You know she loves attention, and she loves being useful."

Tecunte groaned. "Do not ruin this for me. Why do you care? Turning the world on its end will be fun! You should be helping me!"

"Because untipping the balance of things makes events become stale. I thrive off mortal emotions like hate, sadness, and anguish. However seeing what decisions people make when left alone entices me. I like observing natural order." Kayumi knelt down, observing the two women, "I will leave your plans alone. I believe you will ruin them yourself Teku. She holds you back Grimmy. You could be so much more."

"You... you think..." Grimora started.

"Thank you!" Tecunte interrupted. "Though I hope you won't change your mind when you see how wrong you are... about many things." She glanced back at her sister briefly. "Though, as an agent of chaos, I do appreciate an attempt to sow the seeds of disorder between sisters. But it won't work. Grimora is helping me because my plans benefit her, and besides, she'd just be sitting down here, bored out of her wits without me."

"Perhaps I could benefit her more. I am superior to you after all," the demon stated matter-of-factly.

"You are not superior to me, twerp." Tecunte said confidently.

Grimora sprang away from her seat, grabbing her sister and holding a hand over her mouth. "She's just kidding, all powerful being with the power of an Old One that Tecunte would never forget."

"Maybe I can take Grimmy as a bride." Kayumi continued as if Tecunte had said nothing.

Grimora gasped. "Y-your bride? But... b-but you truly are superior to me."

Tecunte pulled herself free. "At least that, I can agree on."

"You don't want to settle on me, Kayumi," Grimora continued. "You... you could have anyone you want!"

His head tilted to the side again, "So you would say no?"

"No! I mean..." Grimora tilted her head to the side. "I would... never deny any request from you."

"You are a follower alright. I have no urge to be married. It is only a reminder that something is able to hold you down. Maybe one day I will spirit you away. You would have to choose between a sister or me though. What would your choice be I wonder?" Kayumi questioned thoughtfully.

Grimora looked between him and Tecunte, the latter giving her a dirty look. "Are you done here, Kayumi?" Tecunte asked.

"I asked a question. Be quiet until it is answered. You are being a pest Teku. I don't want to have to fix that." His vermilion eyes shifted to the voluptuous goddess, "Your answer?"

She smiled at him. "Of course I would pick you. I'd be a fool not to." This earned her an incredibly venomous glare from Tecunte.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Enter the Amalgamation of Gods' Bane Part Two (ZombieSplitter53 and MarineAvenger)

"I see. An intriguing answer." Using his finger, he beckoned her over.

Grimora glanced at her sister, who shook her head. With a huffed, Grimora sauntered over to the young looking man.

When she came over, he had her bend down and went to her ear, "Your sister is not above using you. Do not end up dead Grimmy. You are weaker compared to me, but your personality is amusing. I might take you away one day after all. You don't need Teku to thrive." Patting her cheek, Kayumi looked over her shoulder and gave Tecunte a smirk.

Tecunte stared back, angry bubbling below the surface. "Thank you, Kayumi," Grimora responded. "You are too kind."

With a nod, the demon turned, walking through a portal that formed out of nowhere.

Tecunte stared daggers at her sister, fists clenched tightly, before opening her own portal and leaving without another word, leaving Grimora alone with her mixed feelings.

The next place Kayumi traveled to was a place that offered a bit more entertainment then his last venture. He stepped out right into the throne room of the King and Queen of the gods.

The Ethereum King was out at the moment, as he usually was. The Queen, on the other hand, sat upon her throne. Looking regal from a distance, when one got close, they could see she was snoozing, a bit of dribble on her chin.

Kayumi stared at her with a bemused sort of interest, approaching her throne and stepping up. He looked her over, using his thumb to wipe away the drool. "Not very befitting for a queen among queens."

His voice stirred her from her nap. She slowly opened her eyes, needing a moment to process who was in front of her. "You... what?"

His head tilted, his unchanging stone expression never matching his rarely changing bland tone, "Have a nice nap?"

Xia'tar's hairs stood on end in shock. "What... what are you doing here, Kayumi?" She quickly started to gather magical energy into her hands.

The demon gave her a knowing smile, "Making my own day."

She lifted her hands towards him as they began to glow. "If you came here to start trouble, I will not stand for it. You may be stronger then me, but that doesn't mean I can't hurt you."

"If I had come to start trouble I would have done it when you were asleep. Instead of wiping the drool you had going down your face like a baby with my hand," he took that time to wipe his thumb on his robe, "I suppose even you need your rest. I believe beds were made for that purpose and not a stiff throne."

Xia slowly lowered her hands. "Beds and proper sleep are for mortals that aren't in charge of half of the world's cosmic beings." She grinned. "And you wouldn't have done anything to me. Even you aren't despicable as to attack me as I doze."

"How confident are you in that statement?" Kayumi questioned, waving a hand and the goddess floated to him, and he caught her, holding her like a bride.

She narrowed her eyes. "What's your game today? You always have about a dozen different angles. Makes me wonder how you make any sense of your own life."

"You think I am too complicated is the problem." Looking up at the ceiling he thought, "I was hoping your other half would be here. He would have been the true fun."

Xia scoffed. "Nothing about or involving Jerin'dek is fun. But if you really want, I can call him and laugh as you two butt heads."

"The joy of doing so would not be as fun as if I had surprised him," The demon was silent in thought and then nodded his head, "Perhaps I will defile his wife."

"W-what!?" Xia quickly moved to get out of his grasp.

She found out first hand just how much lacking in strength she had compared to him when she couldn't escape, "He would likely get a rile out of that one. Would he even care though? Hm... From what I hear he doesn't seem to care much about anything other than the gods themselves."

"H-he would care!" she quickly answered. "I-if you were to force yourself on a goddess, h-he would take it as much as a declaration of war as if you killed one of us!"

"Hm... force? Why would I use force?" His head tilted again.

She looked up at him in confusion. "Well, how else would you make me do something against my will? Mind control? Wouldn't put it against you."

“I would ask.” Kayumi stated plainly, setting the goddess on her feet, “You would not have much grounds on which to say no.”

"Well, yeah!" Xia'tar laughed. "I mean, you... you're... because I'm... Jerin'dek would flip, actually that would be a good thing, um... I-I, uh... c-can you even... do you even have to functioning parts?"

The demon nodded simply.

"Um... I, uh..." She scratched her chin. "Are you doing this because you want to piss off my so called husband? Because you don't seem like the type to go out and 'pick up chicks', as the mortals say."

"I am mostly doing it because I am seeing if I can do it. The added bonus that you are the king of the gods' wife is just a very big bonus.” The demon looked up at the marble white domed ceiling, “I am going to go hunting. Would you like to attend?”

Xia’tar gave the demon a wary glance, “What is with you? You are switching your plans even more quickly than usual.”

“I grow bored of teasing. Do you wish to kill some things or not? I want to stretch.” The pink-blonde haired demon said with finality, forming a portal.

The Queen of the Gods hesitated. Surely there must have been some ulterior motive. She would be vulnerable and he would attack surely. Yet she stepped forwards towards the swirling gateway of magic. She was Queen, and she could handle herself. Besides, it was not like she wasn’t bored doting around for her husband, and Kayumi had offered her an outlet for hundreds of years of frustration.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Sexy Time
Part One

Havenbrook Manor
Library
June 4th, 3349
12:12 p.m.

Sylvie stepped into the library, trying to see if she could locate any foreign news, though she had little hope anyone on the coast would know of something happening deep in the forest. After burying the sickly deer she had run into, the thought had never stop pressing on her mind that her home was in danger. She decided that she might be able to find something here.

"Hello, my sweet forest flower," a seductive voice said. To her side stood a man, tall, fit, extremely handsome. "You look so very lovely today."

"Well thank you... I don't think we've met before." Sylvie replied, shelving a book.

The man bowed deeply, almost dramatically. "My name is Fryderyk, my dear. And you are named Sylvie, yes?"

"I am." She said simply. "I don't know know why you feel the need to bow. I'm no queen."

Fryderyk laughed. "Bowing is for royalty, nobility... and for women with beauty so sublime, one is compelled to treat them like royalty. Women like you."

"My beauty was merely a gift. Why should I be considered better than anyone because of it?" She replied. "If you want yo revere anyone, revere the one who gave it to me."

"Your goddess, yes?" The man stepped a bit closer. "I have heard many things about your village. Its patron deity, independent from the other gods. Its elusiveness, yet friendliness to strangers. Its strong hunters, both male and female. And, of particular interest, its... policy of free love and procreation."

"Oh really? You've heard about us?" The Huntress responded with surprise.

"Rumors floating around here and there. I have gathered them together and put the together like a puzzle." He stepped even closer. "Tell me, my dear, would you mind giving me a... personal demonstration of your people's practices in the art of love?" He flashed her a dashing smile, his pearl white teeth the whitest of whites.

"You're asking... First person here who's reminded me of home." The green haired woman smiled. "But those back home know better. That promiscuity you've heard of doesn't apply to me."

He blinked a few times. "I beg your pardon. Are you saying you don't follow your tribe's traditions?"

"They don't apply to me. My father, the village chief, told me from a very young age that, unlike the others, I had to choose who I mate with carefully."

"I see." He bowed his head once more. "Then I humbly request that it is me. Trust me, I can make you very, very happy. Woman the world over squirm with delight from my magic touch."

"All over the world, you say?" Sylvie's eyebrow raised with interest.

Fryderyk nodded. "I am well traveled, though I have been in Serasam for a while, delighting its citizens with the powers of my sexuality." He stepped over so he was right on top of her. "Trust Me, when I am done with You, all your worries will melt away."

"You may be... Very well built..." Sylvie unabashedly looked down. "But I am taken. That is how you say that, Right?"

"It is. However, it is not uncommon for those in a casual relationship to engage in some fun on the side." He slowly ran a hand across her cheek. "We do not have to produce a child. We can just do it for fun. Surely, your boyfriend would not mind this."

"Well... Maybe... But he is rather strange... And now he is doing these steps to try and marry me..." The Huntress considered.

"Then we will not tell him." Fryderyk leaned in close and whispered, "Please, my beauty... I must have you."

"I..." The Forest Hunter hesitated, "I... I cannot... It would go against everything my father told me, I just met you... And keeping it from Jay, despite his rigidness when it comes to this... Feels deceitful... I won't betray his trust."

Surprisingly, Fryderyk's smile remained as her stood back up. "I see. Well... I am not one to force myself on a lady who is uninterested. There is no enjoyment in it, like shooting dear in a pen. However, should he ever leave you dissatisfied, I hope you will reconsider."

Sylvie's eyes suddenly sharpened. "Who are you... I've never seen you before and you seem adamant on mating with me... You seem to know much about my people... About Ahusirra... And you come to me... Could it be that you're somehow after my power? The goddess' power?"

Fryderyk laughed as he backed up. "My only target today was you and that lovely body. And although I failed today, I will try again soon. For now, I bid you ado." He quickly ducked around the corner.

Sylvie, instead of letting him go like the mysterious strangers before, tailed him. Quickly turning the corner and going to grab him by the back of his shirt.

She instead bumped into a tall, voluptuous woman with tan skin and violet hair. "Oof!" She cried out, stumbling back a foot.

"What? Who're you?" She exclaimed.

"Me? I am Paula." She looked down at a clipboard. "You are Sylvie, yes? I would like to speak with you in regards to a survey, if you would. Short survey, I am promising you."

"That's funny, because I think I would've remembered someone who looks like you in the manor..." She replied, leaning down. "And what's on this... Survey of yours?"

"I am not being from Manor. I am being from Serasam Sociological Department. Survey is being about sexuality and sexual relationships. Only a few questions. I am promising."

She crossed her arms with suspicion. "Go ahead then..."

The woman nodded. "Are you in a relationship with a man, or perhaps a woman. And if this is so, are you sexually active?"

"In a happy relationship with a man... And no, we're not, not yet..." She answered.

"No? And what is it that is holding you two back from making this step forward?"

"He's personally told me he wants me to go... Slower... And, according to a friend... He's waiting until he proposes..." Sylvie explained from memory, still keeping her gaurd up around the woman.

"I am seeing. And have you any interest in women? Say... should one proposition you for intimacy now... how would you react?"

At this, Sylvie merely laughed. "I would adamantly turn her down. You see, where I come from, It's seen as a burden to want to only be with someone of the same sex. Being against the opposite sex hurts thd well being of everyone, because we need children to keep our village stable, to secure the next generation... If you refuse to do that, you're only hurting others chances... It's selfish."

"Well, I am understanding that for the sake of procreation. But what about simply having sex for the sake of enjoyment. After all..." Paula smiled slyly. "You do not follow you people's practices in regards to partners. Isn't this right, my dear?"

"You're right..." The Huntress leaned forward, smirking smugly, "But I never told you that...

"Actually, you did," the woman said cryptically before bowing her head. "I am believing I have everything I need. I hope to see you again... very soon, my dear."

Sylvie suddenly grabbed onto her sleeve. "Where're you going Fryderyk?"

Paula gave her the saddest, most scared look. "Who is Fryderyk? If you are meaning that man that ran around the corner, he's standing right over there." She pointed behind Sylvie.

"Please." She rolled her eyes. "Tell me who you really are, shapechanger."

"Fine... fine..." Paula lowered her head sadly. "You see... I'm..." Her entire sleeve suddenly vanished, the surprise this gave Sylvie enough to allow the mystery woman to take off down the aisle and run around the corner.

Something hit the ground, and Sylvie heard Esmeralda cry out, "Ouchy! No running in the library, you big meany!"

"You! Agh!" Sylvie growled, clearly losing her temper. The Huntress quickly took off after her, running around the corner.

Es let out a yelp as Sylvie almost ran over her. "Please don't step on me!"

"Where'd she go!?" The Savage Maiden looked down, asking, then looking around quickly.

"That rude lady?" Es quickly climbed to her feet. "She knocked me over and... huh?" She looked around herself and scratched her head. "Where did she go?"

Running foward, Sylvie looked around but found no sign of him. The Huntress narrowed her eyes, yelling out loud. "I'll mate with you! Come back and I will!"

Esmeralda blinked a few times. When no one came back, she walked over to Sylvie and said, "I know it is none of my business, but I heard you were dating Jay. Wouldn't that upset him?" She chuckled nervously. "N-not that I would ever judge you or tattle or anything. It's just that he was just here. He told me to ask you to meet him in your room, and he might have been upset if he heard you say that."

"Errgghh..." Sylvie glared towards nothing, then looked back at Es, "That 'woman' was some kind of... Shapeshifter trying to bed me and now he... She got away!"

Esmeralda sulked her head. "I-I'm sorry. I-I would have grabbed her ankles if I had know. If you want, I'll keep looking for her and tell Lady Havenbrook while you see what Mr. Jay wanted."

"Errghh Rahh!" Sylvie kicked the wall. "Come back! I just want to know who you are!"

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Sexy Time
Part Two

Esmeralda shook her head. "They're gone. Just... go see Jay. He'll make you feel better. That's what boyfriends do."

"I just... Erghh..." She sighed loudly. "Fine. Oh can you... If anyone asks who yelled that... It wasn't me..."

Esmeralda giggled, giving a thumbs up. "You got it, friend."

The still frustrated Huntress begrudgingly accepted the strange man woman's escape, heading up to her room to see what Jay had wanted. Esmeralda gave her a sly look as she walked off, quickly stepping out of sight.

Upon approaching her door, Sylvie pressed her hand against it for a moment before pushing it open. "Jay?"

"Hey, Sylvie," the man said. "I wanted to..." He flinched as he lifted his arm and rubbed his shoulder. "Damn it. Overworked myself again. Please don't tell the dozens of people that'll lecture me."

Sylvie raised an eyebrow at the light elf. "Overworked yourself? Training?"

He gave her a frank look. "Yeah, sorry. Please don't go off on me. Just... can I get some of your magic touch?"

"You... You're letting me heal you? You usually put it off or say you're fine." She said, walking towards him.

Jay sighed, looking away. "Yeah, well... I've been thinking about things. Things like... our relationship. And how I treat you. Sometimes I feel like I treat you like a burden, even when you are just trying to help. It is so hard for me to let anyone get close to me, but I... I don't want to do that to you anymore."

Sylvie frowned slightly. "Don't be so hard on yourself. I understand why you're slow to trust..."

Jay cleared his throat. "I've... also been thinking about... another part of our relationship. And a decision I've made about... being physical..."

"I... Really!?" Sylvie confirmed excitedly. "Are you sure? I mean... You said you wanted to go slow... You don't feel like I'm rushing you, right?"

"Rushing me?" Jay chuckled. "I'm more concerned I've been moving too slow. No... no, I've made you wait long enough. I want to show you how serious I am about you. About us."

Sylvie smiled, trying to act oblivious to his oncoming marriage proposal. "And how you will do that?"

"Sylvie..." Jay smiled softly at her. "Would like... like to have sex with me?"

Sylvie kept smiling, but still felt like something was off. "Aren't you forgetting something? Something you wanted to do first?"

Jay thought for a moment, but shook his head. "No. I was saving this for after I did something, but I decided it wasn't that important to do first. After all, we both deserve to enjoy ourselves, right dear?"

"Dear? That's a first. Well... I'm not complaining..." She said, pulling off her dress and revealing nothing but panties underneath. "If you really want to skip past the formalities, I'd be happy to..."

Jay slowly stood up, a big smile on his face as started unbuckling his belt. "You are... so beautiful. Please, come lay down."

Instead, Sylvie walked forward, gripping onto the top of his pants herself. "Giving requests? What's gotten into you... You better not be tipsy..."

He laughed. "No, though I'm feeling a bit drunk with lust. I've honestly wanted to do this since I first set eyes on you." He reached out to fondle her chest.

"You didn't eat any weird berries did you?" Sylvie laughed, huffing a little as he rubbed her. "You were so shy when we met... It's like you're acting all tough and forward to impress me... Honestly, it's cute, but unneeded... Just drop the act and be you..."

"I... okay..." Jay nodded. "You can... take charge if you want. I just want us to both enjoy ourselves."

In that moment, her suspicions seemed to be dashed, it was just Jay being Jay. The Huntress pushed him forward against the wall, taking off his clothes herself and reaching a hand down into his underwear, grasping onto something hard and slowly moving up and down.

Jay gasped lightly, letting out a shuttering breath as he kissed her neck. "That's one of the things I love about you. A true warrior, not afraid to take charge."

"I've been waiting for this... Oh Jay..." She gasped gently as he kissed her, rubbing his chest with her free hand as she moved faster.

After a few minutes, his breathing got faster and faster. "Sylvie... I'm... gonna..."

"Already? I don't think so... Not until I have my fun..." Sylvie suddenly pulled her hand away, pulling him towards the bed and pushing him onto it.

Jay laughed. "Whoa! You're even more fierce then I expected!"

"I'm tired of playing all these strange games Jay... I love you, so I'll take you... And since you seem to be getting tired of them too... No use holding back..." The Huntress said, pulling off her underwear and crawling over him, reaching her hands behind his back to embrace him.

All of a sudden however, she stopped completely, a confused look on her face. "Jay...?"

Caught up in the passion, it took him a moment to ask, "Y-yeah?"

"Was your back always this soft and perfect, my love?" The Huntress shifted into position above him, their respective parts only inches from eachother.

Jay smiled nervously. "I, um... I forgot to tell you, I... decided I no longer liked the reminders of my past, so I... I asked Erin to remove my scars. Um... sorry for keeping it from you. I wanted... it to be a surprise."

"A surprise you waited until now to tell me about?" She said, her suspicions bouncing right back again. "You wouldn't do that on purpose... Maybe by accident... But not on purpose..."

Sylvie grabbed onto his arms, pinning him to the bed and glaring angrily. "I'll ask this one more time... And if you don't give me an answer and find some way to scurry out of here I don't care if I have to go to the Lady of the Forest herself, I will find you and I will hurt you... Now... Who. Are. You."

He struggled a bit under her. "Sylvie, please! You... y-you're scarring me. What has gotten into you?!"

"Please. Enough with the act. Do you think I didn't notice you walking without a limp? Part of me considered you might've gotten it fixed, so I ignored it..." She explained. "But then there's the fact I haven't seen a single orb of water this entire time... Just tell me! Who are you!?"

Jay scoffed, laying his head back. "The orbs! I totally forgot that he always plays with those. I got so over confident after playing Esmeralda so well, I made one mistake after another. Man, I'm getting sloppy, huh?"

"Playing Esmeralda..." She narrowed her gaze even more. "You sneaky..."

The Maiden then sat on his chest, still holding him down, "I'm not going to lie... This has been fun... But the fact is you deceived me to get into me, by disguising as the man I love no less... And you almost did... Why do you refuse to tell who you are!"

"Seriously, I never used to make these kind of mistakes," the imposter continued as though she hadn't spoken. His features slowly started to shift and change. "I used to spend weeks studying both my target and their love. Guess age has made me grow lazy." When they were done changing, they took the form of an attractive young woman, sporting long, silver hair and provocative lingerie. "The name is Lexina, by the by. Can you let me go now?"

"Lexina... Like... Like the god?" She confirmed, still naked above her. "You're the god of sex, aren't you?"

"Yup!" Lexina moved her head up. "Makes it sound exciting, doesn't it? Ready to continue where we left off?"

"And you're not trying to steal my power..." Sylvie considered carefully. "Fine. We can continue this at a later date. With one condition... If you really want me so bad, you can ask Jay if It's okay, no tricks, no disguising as me or anyone he knows..."

Lexina frowned. "And if he says no?"

"Then maybe you can get him to join us." Sylvie suggested, "With your legendary Charisma, it should be no problem right?"

Lexina grinned. "I like the way you think. You got a deal."

"Good. Why not make our first time one to remember? If this experience has shown me anything... It's exactly how much I have been wanting this..." Sylvie said, rolling off of the god.

Lexina sat up. "I can see how Jay's shyness can make it a bit frustrating. But you obviously care a lot about him. And I can tell you, from what I've observed, he cares about you. He's just emotionally torn, so it makes it hard for him." The god(dess) stopped leering at Sylvie for the sake of being serious. "The concept of romantic love doesn't much appeal to me. Not like my father, at least. But there are a few couples here that make it look appealing. Yours is one of them." (S)he looked at Sylvie, though kept it at eye contact for the moment. "Even if he says no, you two should at least try it out. If he saw what an amazing body you have, I bet he'd be as ridged as a new sword."

"And here I thought you were just in it for the sex... But I guess there's something deeper to you than that." Sylvie smiled, sitting up as well.

Lexina chuckled. "Don't count on it." She looked Sylvie up one last time, licking her lips before opening her portal. "I need to blow of some steam. There is this guy in New Vento. Handsome, fit, and and hung like a horse, but shy around the ladies. Think I'll go give him a... 'confidence boost', if you know what I mean."

"Good luck... I have to say, the gods out here certainly are interesting..." The Huntress chuckled, giving Lexina a wave.

Lexina nodded, giving the nude beauty one more lustful look before taking her leave.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
Ultimate Warrior
Part One

Havenbrook Manor
June 5th, 3349
Outdoor Training Ring

Charter went to the training grounds and looked at the weapons rack, he decided after what happened the last time he was in the courtyard Charter grabbed two wooden swords. "Right, It's been awhile since I duel wielded weapons best I get to practicing." Charter went to the training dummy and started to swing his swords at it.

"You there!" A commanding voice said behind him. "Are you the one they call 'Van Dam'?"

Character turned around to see a man he didn't recognize." Yes, you new to the guild? Or did someone send you to find me for something? If it's the latter I'm not a mercenary anymore sorry."

The stranger was a tall man, clad in thick, heavy armor, incredibly well crafted like Saboran herself had made it. He had a serious, piercing gaze, like he had never smiled a day in his life. "You are the man who has slaughtered man, monster, and demon alike with the fury of a hellhound and the determination of a man possessed?"

Charter looked at the man and put the wooden weapons away, and pulled out his sword and shield. "Oh so your the one that was after Mina, good I'll give you five minutes to leave or my dire wolves will have you for lunch. All I have to do is whistle and they will tear you apart."

The man scoffed. "You are the great warrior Vam Dam, and you would have you pets do the work for you?" In his left hand materialized a rectangular shield three quarters the length of his body. In his right, a Great War hammer, as tall as his shield and with a huge, square head. They were as magnificently ornate as his armor. "Would a might warrior not fight his own battles? Or are your exploits the exaggerations of a coward?"

"Who are you calling a coward!? Fine if you wish to die so badly then come at me I will not let you harm Lady Have Brook or anyone else!" Charter started to charge the man.

The stranger rolled his neck and effortlessly lifted his hammer, studying Charter's movements and preparing to defend.

Charter swung his sword at the man but because of the massive shield it did no damage, he continued to attack the man clearly because of the giant shield Charter couldn't do munch. "Damn it."

The man laughed heartily. "Is that the best you have to offer?! Perhaps I should get rid of my shield. Or perhaps I should take the offensive!" He gripped his warhammer tightly as he swung it.

Charter donged the massive hammer, when the hammer hit the ground left a huge hole were it hit, Charter put his foot on the hammer and hit the man with his shield. The moment he did that Charter slammed his foot on the weapon forcing it out of the mans hand, he then lunged at the man and lifted him off his feet and started to carry him away from the hammer and then slammed him to the ground.

"Ohhoho! You are stronger then you look! Not to mention more nimble!" The stranger pushed Charter off, easy enough to do as Charter's muscles were strained from carrying such a heavy shoulder. The warrior stood up and rolled his shoulder. He slammed his shield into the ground and strapped away from it before beckoning Charter to attack.

Charter felt Exhausted carrying the man. Damn it I'm used to doing that, but that armor and that shield made things more difficult I would normally call Slone at this point but let's see how far I can go here. Charter stood his ground and tried to catch his breath a bit while also trying to come up with a new strategy.

Surprisingly, his opponent just stood there for a minute, as if he wanted to let Charter catch his breath. It wasn't until Charter's breathing slowed that he walked forward, pumping his fists together with a sly smile on his face.

Charter took a defensive stand and looked confused for a minute. What is he doing what's he up to?

The man charged. Both his running and the swing he threw at Charter's side were far faster then one would expect from such a large man in such heavy armor.

Charter getting hit a few times, started to feel a bit dizzy. Charter threw his weapons to the ground blocked the mans last punch, and delivered a uppercut, he then kicked the man away from him getting some distance. He then circled the man and then charged right at him.

The warrior spun around, and the two locked hands, pushing against each other. Their faces close, the stranger grinned, seeming to enjoy himself. "Yes... to push me so far at 15% is impressive. You are quite the warrior, Van Dam."

"Oh shut up!" Charter used his knees to hit his sides and then flipped the man and threw him to the ground.

He laughed heartily, rolling to the side and climbing to his feet. "So angry! Do you not feel the thrill of battle?! The excitement as your blood pumps faster and faster?!" He held out his hand, and his hammer materialized in it once more, though quickly morphed into a sword similar to Charter's.

When he swung the sword Charter blocked the attack but his shield warped around the sword, Charter threw the shield to the side Charter getting angrier Charged the man and started to swing his sword. With no shield Charter used his both his hands using his sword like a great sword, but even when angry Charter still fought like a swords man and not like a savage animal.

The stranger kept a giddy smile on his face the whole time. After several minutes of this, with a crowd watching closely, he pushed Charter back. Before Charter could prepare another attack, the man held up a hand. "That is enough. I believe I have an understanding of your power now."

"You what!?" Charter stopped attacking and looked confused. "Are you telling me this was all a test, who are you to test me? You not Mina and your clearly not with the guild so who are you?"

He stood tall and proud. "Son of Aratenda, goddess of War, and Taydar, god of Death. I am Fya'munt, Warlord of the Gods."

Charter eyes widen and he drove his sword the ground and knelled down. "For give me your holiness, please accept my apology my lord."

He laughed. "Apology? For what?"

"For attacking you, If I had known you were a god I would have knelled to you. After all I'm a mere mortal attacking one such as who should not be done."

Fya'munt grunted. "Do you know what it is that I do, Van Dam?"

"Your the warlord god you choose certain races of Terra to train and bestow upon them great power if the world is in danger." Charter said standing up and putting his sword away. "So why come to me? I'm sure there are others you can go to?"

"There are always others. But why concern yourself with them?" The god raised an eyebrow. "Is it that you are unaware of your own great potential?"

"I'm a knight I'm supposed to be strong, I defend those that can't I know how strong I am. But I also know I can't always do it alone that's why I haves Slone, my dire wolf he helps me when I'm out numbered. But still why are you here?"

The Warlord gave him a serious look. "I want you, Van Dam. I want your great strength. In know of your exploits. I know of the bandits. The various monsters, from Dire Wolves to Golems. And I know of the imps."

Charter eyes widen. "So a god has been watching me, and wants me to join him I would be honored." Charter remembered what the God of fate said to him." But what do I have to give in return?"

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Ultimate Warrior
Part Two

Fya'munt stepped closer. "I would only require your loyalty and devotion to the cause. Loyalty to me, and to the protection of Terra Dolor and the gods."

"And what about the people I care for, my family my wolves. Since you been watching me I'm sure you know that I love someone what about them?"

Fya'munt frowned. "I don't... what about them?" He folded his arms. "You'll join me in the city of the gods, where you'll be trained to be the ultimate warrior. You'll have to leave them behind, of course."

"The city of gods." Charter looked up at the clouds." I can see the gods and take a place by there side. But my family and Esmeralda I can never see them again. There's no other way is there?"

Fya'munt gave him a surprised look. "Of course not. I... I am offering you a chance for greatness. To train with some of the greatest warriors ever, both living and dead. What does it matter about the others? They will still be here. You can be confident in knowing that they are protected by you training with me. It should not matter if you see them anymore."

Charter looked at the warlord god. "Do you have any children Fya'munt or someone you care fore?

The god cleared his throat. "I care for my mother and father. I have had children in the past as well, though the last one died over a century ago. My position does not leave much room for romance."

"A year ago I was the same, I loved my family but rarely visited them. But now I found someone that I love who I plan to have kids with, not sure if she's pregnant or not now, but I can't leave her or my family so I have to refuse your offer. Even though every part of me is saying otherwise."

The way Fya'munt shifted uncomfortably, it was obvious this was not a common experience. "I was under the impression this would be the ultimate goal for you, and you would give up anything for it."

"I would have, a year ago hell month ago but things change. I love this guild and care for the people in it especially Esmeralda, I'm sorry to disappoint you."

Fya'munt sighed, but shook his head. "No. I am sorry to lose you, but I am not disappointed." He walked up to Charter. "However, is there something I can request of you."

"Of course what can I do for you?"

"When the day comes for you to depart from this world, will you promise to join me then?" Fya'munt smiled. "Assuming they have passed to, it would be a lot easier for you to visit your loved ones then."

"That I can do, and would honored to do so then." Character bowed his head to the warlord god.

Fya'munt bowed back. "Take care, Van Dam. And I hope, if need be, I can count on you should I find the world in a bind and in need of one with your skills."

"I would gladly offer my skills to you then, let's hope that Terra stays safe for the time being."

"Agreed. Though I fear it won't. Only time will tell." Fya'munt opened his portal, and left Charter alone.

"I fear it won't ether." Character put his sword back in its holster and made his way to the library, once the he looked around. "Es you around here?"

After a few seconds, he saw her float over one of the shelves. "Charter? Done with your training session already?"

"Yeah if you could call it that, can you come here for a minute I need to talk to you."

Esmeralda quickly floated over, oblivious to the peak under her skirt she gave Charter before landing in front of her. "What's up?"

"Well during my training I got a visitor, the warlord himself showed up and we fought."

"The Warlord?" Es tilted her head. "Which Warlord? Hopefully not a warlord here to declare war on us. Because that is kinda what they do. It is in the name."

"The warlord god Fya'munt, the goddess of war and the God of death son."

"Whoa, really?!" The Light Elf stared to look him up and down. "You fought him?! Are you okay?! Did he hurt you?! God or not, if he hurt you, I will give him such a stern talking to..."

"I'm fine Es, he was testing me and I passed. Because of me passing he made me an offer that I couldn't turn down. He offered me the chance to be one of his warriors, to go to the city of gods and trained with the greatest warriors both living and dead."

"Whoa... that's amazing!" Es grabbed his arm, jumping up and down. "Congratulations! What an incredible honor!"

"There's a catch, I will never get to see my family or you ever again."

Esmeralda's excitement immediately drained away. "N... never... ever?"

"Never Slone my parents Elma you will be guarded, but you will never see me again."

She turned her head to the ground. "Oh... I see. I... I-I don't... want to hold you back. But... b-but..."

"But... is there something you want to tell me Es?"

Esmeralda sniffled, then collapsed onto her knees, crying loudly and childishly. "I'm... gonna... miss you... Sir... Knight! I... never... met anyone... I loved... like... like... you..."

"Es get it together, I'm not gonna go anywhere."

She sniffled, wiping her eyes. "You... you're not? But... but... i-isn't this a great honor?"

"Yes the greatest honor of my life, but if I have to give up everyone I care for for that kind of power. Then I don't want it, I would rather stay here with you. Boy aren't I a fool."

Esmeralda jumped up, wrapping her arms around him and squeezing him as tight as she could, even if it hurt a little against his training armor. "You're not a fool. You are the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful man ever! And... a-and I can't imagine what I would do if you left me."

Charter patted Esmeralda head." Hay come on I'm sure someone would have fallen for you if I left."

"Maybe, but..." She pouted. "I don't want someone else. You're the man I love."

"I love you to, that's why I refused." Character whipped some of Es tears off her face." Now if that was a year ago, I would have accepted it. But I have you to protect and help out."

She nodded, and laid her head against his chest. "I love you, Charter. And I promise I will do everything I can to make sure you never regret that choice."

"Well will you let me take you on a date, it's been awhile since we did that."

Esmeralda smiled sweetly. "That would be wonderful, Sir Knight."

"Good to hear, you know I love you right and would do anything for you?"

Esmeralda nodded. "Of course. Love you too." She stepped up on her toes to give him a sweet kiss.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
MarineAvenger & ZombieSplitter53
Trials Under Moonlight
Part One

Mirandia, Waning Moon Guildhouse, Early in the morning.

The floorboards on the second level of the dilapadated bar seemed to creak with every tiny step. That was especially irritating for Nitain who was currently sneaking around. If his comrade caught him, he would be in deep. It took what felt like a century before he finally reached the door he wanted, slowly turning the unlocked knob and pushed the door open a bit, his snowy white tail swishing behind him. The woman inside would be asleep right now, and he checked to make sure she was fully zoned out. He found himself staring and slowly gazing over her from hair to toe.

She mumbled lightly. She was a bit of a sleep talker, something others found amusing and she felt annoying, especially because others found it amusing. "No, mummy, I'll be good, I promise," she muttered, rolling to the side. Her flowing violet hair draped her face, her lovely body, barely concealed by her thin gown, coming into view out of her covers.

The young man smiled in glee, then slipped inside as he shut the door. Slithering over to the bed, he carefully lifted the covers and snuck into the bed, scooching close and getting underneath her arms. Ash would burst in rage if she found out he was back to his old tricks, but Eso always felt so cold, and his young body was always warm. It would be a diservice to leave a maiden cold after all. At least that is what he told himself clinging to the goddess of the moon like a leech.

"Mmm... Teddy is too big..." She slowly opened her eyes, needing a moment to wake up before she realized something was off. "Um..."

Nitain only smiled dorkily, quite happy in his accomplishment, "Mor-ning.

She blinked dreamily. "You here to sleep, or our we going to do this?"

"Huh?" Nitain stared at her eyes, his the size of tea saucers.

Eso smiled. "Just kidding?" she said, shoving him off the bed and giggling as her thumped onto the floor.

"Hey... That wasn't very nice!" The wolf thrope cried out as he was doubled over.

"Not nice?" Eso sat up, smiling down at him. "Perhaps we should call Ash in here to see if I was a little too harsh."

"Bu... But... I mean, it isn't like I am hurting anyone and... And... Oh yeah? How would she react if I told her you were coming on to wittle ol' me?" The young man threatened as he got up and went to her bedside, ears erect in irritation with his hair frizzled.

Eso smiled at him. "Always have a counter argument, don't you. Clever young Nitain." She reached up, rubbing his head between his ears. "Do you know what time it is? Remember, I'm not much of a morning person." As if to prove that point, her eyes slowly blinked as her head wobbled a bit.

"The sun rose an hour ago." Nitain answered dreamily as she knew his special spot.

She gasped. "It's already up?!" She quickly rolled to the other side of her bed and through open the shades that kept her room nice and dark, flooding the room with light. "Bugger me. He'll be here soon. Damn, we did Ash not wake me? Where is she, anyway?"

"Out crushing a giant mole threatening a town I think. Cute things, but they eat way too much. Why are you freaking out?" The Thrope asked, crawling into her bed and curling up on the warm spot where she had slept.

"Because I have a potential employee coming over soon. He..." She tripped as she tried to get off the bed, face planting the floor harder then the wolf Thrope had hit it. Not having time for pain, and quite used to falling over, she jumped to her feet. "He's a bartender. Or at least, he will be if he gets his first job here. But it's good that he is inexperienced because he'll work for cheep! And considering the dosh isn't exactly rolling in from the Hunts, we really need to use this pub as... you know, and actual pub."

"I happen to enjoy this dump." Nitain mumbled as he licked his wrist and rubbed his forehead, "Is he cute?"

"I hope so. Haven't actually met him yet." Eso started going through her dresser, tossing clothes about. "We need someone who can attract the customers." She glanced back. "Don't get me wrong, you and Ash are doing a great job. No one can say you don't know you onion as a Hunter. But with only two Hunters, we don't exactly attract a lot of clients. So we open the pub, use the gold to fix up the place, use popularity as a pub to spread news about our little guild, and Bob's your uncle, the Guild flourishes. See where I'm thinking with this?"

"Are you sure you are not just trying to chest on you husband: me?" He asked, wiggling his butt as he got more comfortable.

She gave him an annoyed look. "Don't go daft on me, this is very important. And go put on something nice. I need to change, and no, you may not watch me. Go put on some nice clothes. The place itself looks a right mess already. Don't need to queer my pitch by looking like a slob. Go on, git!"

Hitain growled at her, turning around with a flourish of his tail as he strut out of the room like he had wanted to leave on his own terms and wasn't being kicked out. "Just one peep?"

Eso groaned. "If this goes well, maybe I'll be in a good enough mood to give you a peep. Now go."

"Yee!" he exclaimed happily, closing her door to allowed her privacy.

Fifteen minutes later, she rushed down the stairs when she heard someone walk in. It was the potential bartender, a human with brown hair named Grem. Eso nearly tripped on the last stair and tried to play it off as her bowing. "Good day," she said, a little out of breath. "My name is Selene. Please... let me show you around."

She waved for him to come over, but he didn't move. "Is... is this a joke? Is someone playing a prank on me?"

Eso's smile faded a bit. "What? N... no jokes. I just... thought you'd want to look around..."

"This place is a dump." Grem looked around with a critical look. "The walls and floors have cracks. The bar is a mess. Do you even have any alcohol? Scratch that, do you even have any customers?"

The goddess stepped towards him. "Please, sir, I know it is a bit of a fixer uper, but you will help us with that. We will open up, make some money, make repairs, and your pay will start going up too... e-eventually. But we need your help to get people to give us a chance, which means we need you to give us..."

"Nah uh. Forget it." Grem stepped back, heading for the door. "I'm looking for my first job. I am not going to start by ruining my reputation by working in the bar from Hell." He waved his hand. "Good luck. You'll need luck, and a miracle, to do anything with this place."

There was the sound of crashing and banging coming from the stairs, a young man rolling down the steps. He hit the ground but quickly sprang up, running on all fours, "How dare you disrespect the lady!" Jumping, Nitain drop kicked the man out the front door. "She took her time and hospitality to give you a job and you do nothing but insult! How dare you! For shame! Curses on you and your entire family line!" The Thrope yelled like a yapping dog.

"Y-you're out of your mind!" the man yelled as he fled like a frightened child. "You're both crazy!"

"Nitain..." Eso sighed, slumping to her knees. "Let him go."

"No way! How dare he! I am going to scrape out his eye balls and then eat his shoes! Every single pair!" Looking back at Eso, his ears and shoulders slumped, the wolf thrope walking close to the goddess and rubbing the side of his head on her shoulder, "I'm sorry... you... You probably could have reasoned with him. I went too far."

Eso slowly shook her head. "No. I was a fool to think anyone would want to work in a dump like this. For a... a failure me."

"Now hold on just a minute. The Eso I married is no quiter. She is a lot of things, a tease, a clutz, and overall just a rather somber soul... B-but forget all that! You took me in and gave me a home when my father couldn't raise me. I have loved every day staying here with you! I don't sneak into your room every night just because your room is the only one without a draft, ya know?"

The goddess sighed. "I just... feel like I can't do anything right. I'm the laughing stock of the gods because of my participation in Methos' plot, even more then her and my daughter. I've failed at making an effective guild. My own twin brother barely speaks with me. And now... I can't even hire one bartender."

"Then I will do it! Yeah! I will make your dream come true!" He exclaimed, grabbing a hold of her shoulders.

Eso looked up at him. After a few moments, she couldn't help but smile at his fortitude. "You have such an unwavering determination. It is admirable, you know?"

"Well, you promised me a peek if you felt good about today. Your boobs may not be the biggest, but they are still your boobs. I cannot fail in my mission. It would be a disgrace to every Alpha to ever exist ever!"

Eso laughed, and rose to her feet. "You're right." She pumped a fist and put on her most determined face. "I can not give in now. My cause is just. I will not fail. We will not fail."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Trials Under Moonlight
Part Two

"Yeah!" Pumping his fist as well, he then asked, "So what now?"

Eso lifted a finger, opened her mouth, and said, "I... don't know. I guess wait for Ash to finish with her little Kerfuffle and get back."

"Hm... Perhaps you could put your gown back on and we could... Crawl into bed..." the Thrope suggested slowly in a sly tone of voice.

Eso rolled her eyes, and walked over to the counter. Returning a few seconds later, she handed him a broom and dust pan. "We shall spend the time catching up with cleaning. At least we can stop dust and dirt from making this place look any worse."

His ears drooped, taking the cleaning tools. "Can we take a bath together afterwards at least?"

"We will see." Es smiled slyly. "We are likely to get hot and sweaty, aren't we?"

The Thrope's cheeks reddened, "I... I-I will be done before you know it! I... When we are done I promise to wash my wife's back!" Turning around, he quickly got to work.

Eso giggled. "Works everytime," she whispered, going off to see if she could patch up a wall or two while they waited for Ash.

It was several hours before their second guild mate returned. The girl had long, shiny blonde hair that was covered partially by a black beanie hat. She had dark red eyes like the heart of a forge itself. "I'm back!" Ash called out, placing her sheathed sword on the bar counter as well as a small sack of gold.

Eso hurried down the stairs, nearly tripping on the last one as she often did. "Welcome home, Ash! How did it go? I do hope you weren't hurt at all."

"The mole was driven away. He shouldn't be a problem to the farmers anymore." The goddess' niece took a seat on a stool, letting out a tired sigh, "How did the hiring go?"

Eso's shoulders slumped. "Um... not good. He said the place was a dump, and he would never soil his name working here."

"Dick." Ash noted, laying her head down. "I see this place is a bit shinier."

"Yes," Eso agreed, trying to cheer up. "Your counterpart and I have been cleaning. Perhaps, if I make a few repairs, the next time I try to get someone, whether it be an employee or, perhaps, another Hunter willing to give me a chance, I will be more lucky."

"Just get more of the gods to screw humans. The more demigods, the more potential recruits, am I right?" Ash questioned, a sulking frown on her face. "Any word from my mother again?"

"Um... yes. She called to speak with you, but..." Eso turned away. "When she heard you were out, she said she would call back later... and immediately disconnected."

"Good. I don't want to talk to her anyways." Ash mumbled, turning her head away from Eso.

Eso sighed. "Of course you do. Why else would you have asked about her?"

"Hey, it isn't my fault that whore made things unbearable. She is literally the worst person ever!" Ash pressed.

"Ash, please." Eso placed a hand on her shoulder. "You shouldn't talk about your mother that way."

"Well she is! She fucks my dad and then leaves him heartbroken for ten years, leaving us without a mother! And then she pops up one day like everything is okay. On the day of my Dad's funeral no less?" Shaking her head, she crossed her arms. "Screw her."

"Oh, Ash, dear. I know how hard things have been for you." Eso wrapped her arms around the young woman. "I am sorry. I did not mean to upset you."

"It isn't you who upset me. You've been nothing but good to me." Putting a hand on top of hers, the niece leaned into her aunt. "Where's the pervert?"

"Ash is home!" Eso called out. "Come pay your respects to the one keeping us fed for a little while longer!"

There was no response. "Twerp is probably hiding again." Looking over her face, Ash frowned, "What did he do today? You got that look."

"N-nothing," Eso lied with a small laugh. "He was the perfect gentleman all day."

"You're a horrible liar." Ash called out.

Eso shrugged. "He... he might have... crawled into bed with me. But he didn't touch me inappropriately... I think. I actually don't know how long he was there..."

"Imma kill 'em. Look, you got to cut him down already. All you do is encourage his behavior. Especially when he married the two of you while you were sleep talking."

Eso laughed. "You know he doesn't take it that serious. He's just joking around."

Ash rose an eyebrow.

"W... what?" Eso asked with a nervous laugh.

"You really are delusional if you think that. He's serious, but is treading lightly. That's why you gotta put him down for good." Ash urged, "It is for the best."

Eso lowered her gaze. "I... I'll try, but..." She shook her head. "You two are all I've got? What if I alienate him? What if... he leaves us?"

"He's a twerp. He needs us." Ash mumbled, "Don't worry."

"I suppose so. Though now is the question of how to get him out." Eso thought for a moment, and shouted, "Bye Ash! Please hurry back with new clothes for me! I can't believe these clothes just spontaneously fell apart! It sure is cold!"

With a roll of her eyes, Ash stood and walked out of the bar to get some fresh air.

Nitain glanced around the corner of the stairs and he finally came down fully. "Is she gone?"

"For now. Come, sit with me." Eso led him over to one of the few tables in one piece, and they both sat down. "You... you know I like you, right Nitain? You're smart, determined, fun. You're one of the best archers I have ever seen. I... I care about you very much."

Nitain's eyes seemed to glow brightly, "I knew you would finally come around. I am obviously the best suited to be your husband and that's why I married us. You don't need to be with a god when you got me!"

"Nitain, please." Eso lightly patted his hands. "You infatuation with me is very flattering. And I do love you... as a friend. But... but I..."

The Thrope blinked a few times, his ears beginning to droop, "...what are you saying...?

The Moon goddess squeezed his hands lightly. "What I'm saying is, we make good friends. The best of friends. But I... do not think we make good... husband and wife."

After a few seconds of silence, Nitain smiled widely and pulled his hands away, scratching his head, "You didn't think I was actually that serious about that whole thing, right? It would be crazy for anyone to think we were actually together. I mean, you're my boss. It would just be unprofessional." The wolf Thrope laughed heartily.

Eso smiled back. "Is that so? I am glad to hear you taking this so well. With all your teasing, I thought..." She shook her head. "Thank you for being so mature about this. With our understanding here, perhaps Ash will lay off you a little."

"Good. She can be so mean." Nitain stood from the table and waved a hand, "I'm gonna go bathe now."

Eso nodded. "Okay. I've been saving some sirloin steak. I'll make some nice Helvan fajitas. They should be ready by the time you get out."

"I am probably just going to go to bed. I had a snack before so I am not really that hungry. Thanks though." Nitain rushed to get up the stairs and he disappeared to the second floor.

"Um... o-okay..." Eso's rubbed her wrist nervously. She got up and stuck her head out the door. "Ash?"

"You did good." She said, leaning against the wall next to the door. "This was for the best. You don't need him dragging you down. Demigods don't belong with gods."

"Well, I'm not sure if that is true," Eso admitted. "But considering who I am, my position, my responsibility to him, and my role watching over him, I feel it would be... inappropriate." She looked back towards the stairs. "He took it very well. So well, it makes me worry. Do you think I am being paranoid?"

"Twerp probably has a broken heart, but who cares. At least now he'll stop acting like such a perv." Ash commented as she ran fingers through her long hair. "I'll make dinner tonight. You just relax."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Trials Under Moonlight
Part Three

Swallowing guilt, Eso said, "I-I, uh... y-you sure? You just got back, and I don't want to burden you if you're tired."

"I wouldn't offer if I wasn't sure. Now go on. Go lay down."

The Moon goddess reluctantly nodded. "Tomorrow, I'm going to work on our budget. See if I can't find some extra money on the side to do some actual physical repairs here. At the very least, my two pupils deserve a clean and safe place to work." She headed up the stairs, calling back, "Nudge me if I don't want to wake up for dinner."

"Uh huh. Enjoy your nap." Ash urged her as she went to the kitchen to grab an apron.

Eso yawned as she made her way to her room. As a goddess, she could go months without sleep if need be. But she was the Goddess of the Moon, naturally inclined towards the night, and being awake all day made her quite tired. She was looking forward to a pleasant nap.

Unfortunately, she had to walk past the bathroom in order to get to her room, and it was hard not to hear the soft sobs from inside.

She considered walking on. Surely, he would get over it. Ash was right... wasn't she. Despite all that, she slowly walked up to the door and lightly knocked on it.

There was a yelp from inside. "Go away Ash, I am not decent!"

"It... i-it's me," the Goddess said. "Can you... put something on so I can come in?"

"N-No... I... I want to just bathe in peace." Nitain said seriously.

Eso sighed, leaning her head against the door. "Why... why me, Nitain? You are... you're young. You're handsome. You're clever. I mean... you're a demigod, for goodness sake. Son of one of the original eight. You can have any girl you want. Why be infatuated with me?"

"Well that's a stupid question to ask." Nitain snapped behind the door. "I dont want any girl. I want the awkward goddess who took me in and made me feel special..." There was little sound coming from the bathroom at that moment. "In my village no one was nice to me. They were threatened by me. Thought I was hoping I would bring them all wishes or something. They suffocated me and never treated me like me. With you... You accepted me with open arms. Promised I would find my way. You inspired me, and before I knew it I could never stop looking at you."

The goddess closed her eyes. "Someday... someday soon, I'm sure, a pretty, young, smart girl is going to come along and fall in love with you. Someone who works here. Another Hunter. Some random villager. And you'll fall in love with her, and regret all the focus you gave on me. We gods... We only end up holding mortals back when we interfere too much."

"I don't care. I won't love them."

"Nitain... please..." Eso slowly smiled. "You know... Ash finds what you do inappropriate. And she's right, but... I always found it cute. Flattering even. I don't have my sisters' strengths or stunning looks or even Runseca's adorableness. To be so flattered all the time, even in a perverted way..."

"You are just trying to make me feel better. I appreciate it, but... Stop. I should be alone right now."

"I'm not just trying to make you feel better. Just trying to return all the kindness you have shown this outcast goddess." Eso stepped away from the door. "Don't stop being you, Nitain. It would be a loss to the world." She hung her head, and headed towards her room, wishing to give him his time alone.

Down stairs, Ash was getting to work, taking dinner as serious as anything else. Pulling out the ingredients to her own personal stir fry, she moved with purpose. Given who her mother was, she had craftsmanship in her soul. This seemed to extend even to cooking, her culinary expertise surpassing even Eso who had thousands of years more practice.

A familiar chime rang out, the bell over the door shaking as the door was opened, a figure in a cloak stepping inside. "Excuse me?" they asked, their voice distinctly female. "Is this a place where I can get a drink?"

"Yeah, come on in!" Ash called out from the kitchen, readjusting her apron and pulling the ponytail she had put up while cooking tighter.

The stranger walked up to the counter and took a seat on one of the stools. It let out a loud, uneasy creek, prompting her to move to the next seat over. "My, My, that sure smells good. You the bartender and the chef?"

"Neither. This is just for the people who live here. What would you like?" Ash asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes... that is a good question. I was thinking so much about getting a drink that I didn't think..." The woman thought for a moment. "This might seem an odd request, but do you have any milk?"

"Yeah. It is a bit fatty though. That alright?" Ash questioned.

"That is quite alright. I could use a little fat." Ash couldn't see the woman's face under the hood, but she seemed to be watching Ash closely.

"Mind showing me your face? It is rude to have yourself concealed in an establishment." Ash told the woman suspiciously.

The woman hesitated. "Well, I... feel we could have a much more fulfilled conversation if you didn't see me face... Ashanti."

"You!" Ash yelled in a fury. "How dare you come here! Go away!"

Saboran pulled off her hood. "Does that mean I'm not getting any milk?"

"No you aren't getting any fucking milk! Get out, now! I don't want to see you ever again Sabaron!" Ash shrilly screamed.

"Most children call their mother... well, mother, or mom... mum... mommy..." The goddess shook her head. "Will you calm Down, please?"

"You are not my mother, you bitch! You never will be!" Ash turned and ran away.

Sabaron rushed after her. "Do you run away from all your problems, child!"

"That's rich coming from you! All you ever do is run away. You ran away from me and dad ever since I was born and it took him dying for me to ever see you. I don't care what you ever say. You broke that man's heart and left us with an incomplete family. And don't think I have forgotten all the lovers you've had either! All blacksmiths, just like dad, except they were all celebrities! It was because he was a peasant you left, wasn't it!?"

The goddess stormed after her, keeping pace. "Why should I try to explain anything when you won't stop for one damn second and actually listen?!"

"Because there is nothing you can say! You are just a horrible person. Just... Go away!" Ash yelled again.

"Stop being a coward and face me! How any child of mine could be such a brat is beyond me!"

Ash did stop, though only to turn around and smack her mother right across the face. "How. Dare. You. Where do you get off lecturing me about being a brat you no good... slutty... bimbo!"

The goddess said nothing at first, squeezing her fists tightly. "F... f-fine. I... I-I thought that we could... have a mature discussion. But I see that... isn't going to happen."

"Good, so get out of my life!" The demigod began to cry, "And this time stay away for good. I don't need you. You have other kids. Dont act like I am so special..."

Saboran shook a little, not entirely from anger. A portal spawned behind her, and slowly walked backwards. "You're more special then you think... and more important to me, given my circumstances..."

"Oh yeah? And what the hell is that supposed to mean? Huh?" Ashtani pushed angrily.

"What does it matter? You'll only think I was trying to get sympathy... or lying." The goddess turned. "Or simply not care. Because of your hatred for me, you never even asked for them..."

"Asked for what? I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Stop being so cryptic because reality is catching up with you."

"Your brothers and sisters!" Her mother screamed back. "You're right, okay?! I do have other children I could interact with! Three others, in fact! Three others... until a week ago..."

"What... What are you on about?" Ash asked, a little stunned.

The Smith Goddess wiped her eyes. "You're right, okay? You're right about me. About almost everything. I have a thing for blacksmiths, especially popular ones. I had three other children right now. I... I-I..." She looked like she might break down. "I don't know what happened? I haven't been watching the mortal realm much. For over a decade, Jerin'dek has been making me work on improving our weapons and technology for some unforeseen threat in the coming future. If... if I had know, I..." She turned away, her portal distorting and crumbling from her frayed emotions until it collapse. She punched the wall in anguish, the force crumbling some of the loose drywall. "They're dead... all three of them. I couldn't... all at once, all in one... I couldn't save them. I didn't even know until two days after it happened..."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Trials Under Moonlight
Part Four

"And... And were they older than me... Or younger?" Ash asked seriously.

Saboran took several deep breaths before speaking horsey. "One older... two younger. Jamie was... was only twelve." She slowly shook her head. They all lived in Themosa. I visit there often. Very well know for their smiths. There was some kind of... the officials called it a Thrope terrorist attack. The explosions... the fire... they had no chance."

"So dad wasn't even that special... You moved on to bigger and better prospects it seems." Ash shook her head, "I feel sorry for them, but not you. You didn't have to leave. And you should've come back. Dad ran the forge day and night hoping you would come back."

"I made a mistake, damn it!" Saboran turned to her once more. "But I am trying to make up for it! Please... y-you're... all that I have left..."

"Why should I care? What have you ever done that would warrant giving you any trust?"

"I... I can't believe you could be so heartless..." Saboran quickly opened up her portal. "Regardless of what you might think, I love you. Try to remember that."

"Yeah well... I wish you would have realized that 19 years ago..." Ash whispered.

The goddess lowered her head. With emptiness in her heart, she stepped into the portal, quickly vanishing.

A week later, and for a rear change, Eso was out of her usual flowing gowns and silk pajamas. She wore a simple shirt and grey overalls, a look quite unbecoming of a goddess. She had gone through the books, and by shaving funds from items the trio liked but didn't need, as well as spending extra time shopping for bargains, she was able to save up enough to tear down one of the bar's four depressing looking walls and start putting up new walling. Of course, after the materials and tools were purchased, there was nothing left to hire someone to work on it, so Eso was doing her best to do it herself.

"Are you sure it is wise for you to be doing that by yourself?" Ash asked the moon goddess as she stepped inside, dropping another bag of pay on the counter.

Eso glanced back. "Well, of course. I mean, I can't ask you guys to do it. Not when you're always busy with local hunts."

"And if you break something that is wasted money. You tell me what is worse." Ash stated, going over and taking over for Eso.

Eso scoffed. "D... d-don't you have any faith in me?".

"Of course I do. I live here with you, don't i?" Her niece asked with a teasing smile.

Eso frowned. "Well, what should I do? This place is my responsibility. I need to help in some way."

"Well when I am done assembling, you can do the painting." Ashtani offered with a smirk.

"I guess..." Eso smiled. "I guess you're the person to trust. Craftsmanship is in your very blood thanks to your mother, right?"

"I get it more from my father's side." Ash stated assuridly, a deep frown crossing her face. "She never even loved my dad. Slept around after leaving him. Had more children. Now they are all dead and I'm supposed to show her sympathy?"

"Wha-wha-what?!" Eso quickly walked over. "I didn't hear anything about this! What happened?!"

"I don't remember and frankly I don't care. I didn't know any of them. Never even knew they existed. Why should I care about complete strangers?"

Eso placed a hand on her arm. "Because they were family. And a loss of life. I... I just can't believe she didn't say anything when she contacted me a week ago. I can't imagine. I... I have had a few children in the past, but... they all died of old age..."

"It only happened a couple of days ago. I don't feel anything. For them or for her!" Ash insisted. "My mother might as well be dead too for all I feel for her!"

Eso held up her hands. "Okay... okay, I'm sorry." She smiled nervously. "Please don't lose your temper around the plywood with a hammer in your hand."

"Try not to slam your face into it when you are a clutz either." Ash shot back with a smirk.

Eso head slumped. "That's mean. I'm just trying to calm you down. Besides, your mother has been trying to reconnect with you for nearly nine years now, but it seems the more she tries, the more you push her away. Such stubborn resentment is not good for you. Bad for the heart. Bad for the nerves. Bad for the soul."

"Please. I did get one thing from my mother and that was a lack in soul."

"Don't be ridiculous. Of course you have a soul. And so does she." Eso folded her arms. "I take it she was here the day she was asking about you. Did you actually talk with her? Like... sit down, calm discussion kind of talking?"

Ash rose an eyebrow as if to ask if she was serious.

Eso sighed. "Don't you think you're being a teeny, tiny, itsey bitsy immature about this?"

"If your mother ignored you your entire life, slept around with other men, and had children with them only for the woman to pop up out of nowhere and essentially demand you forget everything, how would you react my dear aunty?" The woman asked a bit venomously.

Eso shrunk back. "Um... bitter. But... after nines years..."

"Look... I don't want to think about her right now. Just... Let me work please. It isn't often Nitain actually pulls his weight and takes on a mission. I want to enjoy my time off by working my hands."

Eso shook her head. Stubborn. Just like her mother... "What was his assignment anyway?"

"He got a mission to hunt some direwolves. Should be easy for him. Though if not... Well, can't say I won't miss the little perv."

Eso smiled. "You know that isn't true. And I know under all that vinegar the is a sweetest inside you, one that cares about him."

"I think you're delusional." Ash chastised Eso, "Enjoying being left alone for once?"

Eso shrugged. "Maybe a little. But to be honest, I got so used to it, it feels weird for it not to happen, you know?"

"No, I don't know. You sound like you got Kemar Syndrome. Loving your terrorizer like that."

Eso folded her arms and wrinkled her nose a bit. "Well, you're in a mood today, huh?" She headed towards the kitchen, calling back, "Maybe something nice and refreshing to drink will calm that 'tude."

Rolling her eyes, Ash continued with her work, not responding.

There was a bright flash to her side, followed by the deep, confident, somewhat arrogant voice of a man. "It really is quite the... I believe the mortals call it a 'fixer upping'? Why ever did she decide to come to a place like this to set up shop? Were the next possible choices a former drug den and a literal rat's nest?"

Looking back, Ash scoffed and shook her head. She would be an idiot not to know who this was. "If you are going to be an ass about it, you can always leave uncle."

Rameuc shook his head. "That came out wrong perhaps," the Sun god said. "I simply question why a goddess would operate here when there are so many other options. Why does she not make an appearance at one of her temples and demand an offering of gold? She could have this place fixed up in the space of a week."

"Because she wants to actually work for it. Doing that would be the easy way out. Though knowing you, you want everything easy."

"My my, you really are a touchy one, niece." Rameuc folded his arms. "Where does all this hostility come from? I am only here to check on my sister. Do you show her this much venom?"

"Only when she needs it." Ash set down her tools and crossed her arms, "I am just aware of how you mistreat her."

"Oh, yeah?" The Sun god walked over, leaning against one of the exposed wall studs. "Enlighten me. How do I mistreat my sister?"

"You're a pompous ass who thinks he is so much more superior than the meek twin sister he should cherish. You guys are blood, yet you cast her aside like she is inferior to you!"

He chuckled. "Yeah... yeah... well, I did once see her as meek. Not so much after she teamed up with Methos and Grimora and tried to plunge the world into darkness. I mean, I know it was a cry for my attention, but it involved putting me into a deep sleep to try and get rid of the sun. That... takes some getting over."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Trials Under Moonlight
Part Five

"Well get over it. Gods live too long to hold grudges."

He laughed heartily. "She hurt me. Hurt me in a terrible way, one you couldn't possibly understand. And you just want me to... 'get over it'."

"Oh trust me, I do get it. Which is why I want you to get over it. Because it isn't fair to her!" Ash went red faced, feeling so hypocritical.

Rameuc slowly smiled, the smirk on his face telling her he knew why she was red faced. "Funny you should say that. I have another sister who is having a problem just like Eso with someone. Maybe... you should give them the same advice."

"Fuck off out of here you blow hard! Nobody even likes you anyways!" Ash snapped harshly.

The god nodded. "Yeah. I'll leave you be." He winked at her. "Tell my sister I think she's doing a good job. And... that I love her."

"Yeah, yeah..." She grumbled.

In a bright flash, he was gone again. Eso returned to the room a couple minutes later with a large pitcher and a couple glasses. "Here we go. Freshly squeezed lemonade. No pulp, I promise." She poured a glass for Ash and offered it to her. "There you go. Maybe this will cheer you up a bit."

"I need to go lay down!" Ash announced, stomping out of the room in a huff.

Eso watched her go with a shocked look, frowning deeply. "Oh... I worked really hard on this lemonade..." She sighed, taking a sip herself and taking up her hammer once more.

She wasn't left alone long. The door to the bar opened entering Nitain, the dark skinned hunter looking rather tired. "Hi..."

"N-Nitain." Eso quickly put her tools to the aside, and pour another glass of lemonade for him. "How did it go?"

"I'm tired." The wolf Thrope said with a wide yawn.

"I can see that." Eso handed him the beverage. "But the mission, dear. Did it go well?"

"H-Huh...? Yeah... Sure..." He fell forwards, slamming against the ground and causing the glass to shatter. His clothes were torn up in the back, three large claw marks against the back that looked untreated for some time.

"Ash!" Eso called out. She dropped next to Nitain, magical energy flowing from her hands to his back. "Hold on, dear. Please hold on."

Hours later, after a little scare, Nitain was safe in his bed. His eyes slowly opened.

Eso sat by his bed side. When she noticed him waking, she placed her hand on his arm. "Nitain?"

"Oh... Hey. What... What are you doing in my room?" The Thrope asked softly.

Eso gave him a sad smile. "Watching over you after you passed out, silly. You... you were injured pretty bad."

"I was? When?" The Thrope asked.

Eso gave him a worried look. "I... um, it was just a few hours ago. I figured it happened during your mission."

"Huh... Are you sure you aren't just yanking my tail? You know I wouldn't mi-..." He cut himself off, just drooping a bit more beneath the covers. "Thank you for your concern." He whispered.

Eso lowered her gaze. "Please talk to me. I... I don't want things to change between us so much..."

"It has to change. You said so." Nitain said. "It's okay for change..." He said in a barely audible tone.

"But I don't want us to drift apart..." Eso rubbed his arm. "We're... still friends, right?"

"Yeah... Of course we are..." He turned over, "I am kinda still sleepy. Can I be left alone?"

"B-but..." Eso's lip quivered a bit. "D-don't you want to tell me what happened?"

"I don't remember. One of the direwolves scratched me and I paid no mind to it. I had to look strong." Nitain said, "Is that good enough?"

Eso sat in silence for several seconds, a few tears rolling down her cheeks. "Y... yeah," she said, her voice cracking a bit. "Please... get some... get some rest." She slowly stood up, and walked out, wiping away tears that just wouldn't stop.

"Eso!" Nitain called out.

Eso quickly wiped her eyes before sticking her head back into the room. "Y-yes?"

"It isn't fair!" Nitain yelled though not at her. "I put on a smile and everything to make you feel better but all you do is cry around me! What was the point of covering up my broken heart if you are just going to cry anyways!"

"I... I wasn't trying to break your heart." Eso lowered her head. "And you haven't been covering it we'll. I can tell I hurt you, and I fear it has destroyed our relationship."

"Why...? Why can't we be together? Is it because I am not a god? Is that it?" He asked softly.

"That has nothing to do with it. It's just..." Eso sighed. "There is a question of... maturity."

"I see..." He turned over in his bed. "I'm just a kid to you..."

"Not a kid, no, but..." Eso walked over and sat next to him again. "It's just you kinda do kiddish things... a-a lot. It makes it feel like you aren't taking things serious. I mean... it feels less like you care about me when you get touchy and pervy, and more like you just want to... you know..."

"I do it because you reactions are fun. When I tease you... You always tease me back. I thought... I thought you liked it." He put his back to her, "Maybe I am just a fool..."

Eso scratched her chin. "Well... I... I didn't hate it. It was kinda nice to get the attention. "

"You are just saying that to make me feel better." He muttered sadly.

Eso moved to sit on the side of the bed. "Do you know me to be a dishonest person?"

"No..." He admitted. "But I can't do it if you want someone mature. I don't care what I have to do... I want you to love me."

After some silence, he felt her lay next to him. "Well... what if we work on your maturity when Ash is around... and maybe... only be immature when she isn't."

All of Nitain's hair frizzled at once as he shook. "W-W-What? Y-You don't mean that!"

"What makes you think that?" She asked genuinely, scooting closer.

His face grew hot, "B-Because... You've never been s-so... F-Forward."

"I've also never done something to hurt you like this." She placed her forehead against his back. "I'm not saying we should have a roll in the hay right now. But maybe I was... too quick to shut you out."

With a little gasp, he rolled around, hugging the goddess and placing his head in her flattish bosom, "I love you Eso!"

Eso chuckled and placed her hand on the back of his head. "Give me time... and I am sure I will return the sentiment. But you have to promise to behave, okay?"

"O-Only in public, right?" He asked, his breath hot on her chest.

"Well... as long as you aren't too forward... I wouldn't mind some teasing now and then."

"Eso, you know me. When it comes to you, how cab I restrain myself when we are alone." He clung to her harder, "You are the cutest goddess to exist. There is no one like you. And I swear, one day I will give you a lot of babies. And they will be awesome little pups."

Eso laughed nervously. "Th-that is... very sweet of you to say. But one step at a time, okay dear?"

He was too lost rubbing up against her to care. Eso sighed contently, wrapping her arms around him and cuddling.