X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

PrismaCube

If I were not to tired I would be overjoyed about the star wars news :)
But I'm going to sleep for the rest of my life now... Good night... forever xD

I11M0KW.gif

PrismaCube

In the spirit of Halloween, and making you uncomfortable as hell. He're's some Anime torture, and it's dubed.

Are you kidding me? I loved that part...
Here is my second favorite (The first 30 seconds that is, the others are meh.

And this is one by far, the best one I have ever seen <3

Last edited:

PrismaCube

I prefer psychological horror and 'scary' from behavioral or physical traits, not "cheap scares derived from shock value", thankyouverymuch.

Cheap scares? Okay xD

I mean I respect your choice of category in the horror genre. Psychological horror is truly amazing I have to admit that, especially in games like, Silent Hill, Amnesia, SCP or F.E.A.R, P.T, ect. Which I have also all played.

But you make it seem almost as if the once shown above have nothing to do with psychological horror or even like you said " scary from behavioural or physical traits."

Horror fear where blood and gore also plays a big part is not cheap, best example from a game for example Dead Space.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Cheap scares? Okay xD

I mean I respect your choice of category in the horror genre. Psychological horror is truly amazing I have to admit that, especially in games like, Silent Hill, Amnesia, SCP or F.E.A.R, P.T, ect. Which I have also all played.

But you make it seem almost as if the once shown above have nothing to do with psychological horror or even like you said " scary from behavioural or physical traits."

Horror fear where blood and gore also plays a big part is not cheap, best example from a game for example Dead Space.
I never found Dead Space scary whatsoever. Nor do I find Slender Man, any of the Paranormal Activity movies, or really anything that truly makes me scared for anything more than half a second before the intial startle is gone.

Not affected by gore either. There isn't just anything innate scary about it but if I was standing there watching someone getting eviscerated with me in an immediate sense of danger as well, would most likely scare the fuck out of me.

All in all, true horror can never me brought into a medium unless it was VR and there were physicAl consequences. I.E walking through a haunted house with an Oculus and when you see something through the headset, it touches you IRL to simulate what touches you in game.

Hate Steven King novels. They are not scary, they are stupid, and all he is is a sellout to people too indiotic to see see how reading words on paper has no psycological effect on you. Poe... Well, at least he made things interesting with his uniqueness and use of macobe elements.

Summary: I don't find horror entertaining or innately scary as a medium across all spectrums.

PrismaCube

I need this to Kawaii-ify my life more xD
tumblr_myjlrbZP8U1s5mgubo1_500.gif

In other news I have no real opinion on Assassins Creed Syndicate yet, but that Evie assassin outfit looks amazing as fuck. Ezio would be jealous :3 The pure combination of leather and cloth with the dark colors, it just works so well, respect for whoever designed this.

Alzdude28

I need this to Kawaii-ify my life more xD
tumblr_myjlrbZP8U1s5mgubo1_500.gif

In other news I have no real opinion on Assassins Creed Syndicate yet, but that Evie assassin outfit looks amazing as fuck. Ezio would be jealous :3 The pure combination of leather and cloth with the dark colors, it just works so well, respect for whoever designed this.

Never mind Ezio, I'm jealous! :p

PrismaCube

I never found Dead Space scary whatsoever. Nor do I find Slender Man, any of the Paranormal Activity movies, or really anything that truly makes me scared for anything more than half a second before the intial startle is gone.

Not affected by gore either. There isn't just anything innate scary about it but if I was standing there watching someone getting eviscerated with me in an immediate sense of danger as well, would most likely scare the fuck out of me.

All in all, true horror can never me brought into a medium unless it was VR and there were physicAl consequences. I.E walking through a haunted house with an Oculus and when you see something through the headset, it touches you IRL to simulate what touches you in game.

Hate Steven King novels. They are not scary, they are stupid, and all he is is a sellout to people too indiotic to see see how reading words on paper has no psycological effect on you. Poe... Well, at least he made things interesting with his uniqueness and use of macobe elements.

Summary: I don't find horror entertaining or innately scary as a medium across all spectrums.

To each his own I guess, but I respect your point of view ^^
In all honesty I can halfway agree with you. I do not find gore or blood in anyway scary at all, I guess it is more of a lust for it that makes horror a little more sweeter. Like honey on bread. My humour on horror is filled with scars that leave you shocked for a second or two like Dead Space manages to do so many times over. But the best way to fill the horror mood for my is for example games like P.T.

All in all everybody has their own fears and ways to deal with them, according to me for example. I have noticed that many many people hate spiders and have a fear of them. Which I just do not understand how you can be scared by something this small and cute. I have had many spiders as pets throughout my life, the current one I have right now is a small spider named Nonna ^^ I just can't be afraid of this cute little things :D

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

Sorry for the lack of content lately. Been swamped with school stuff and working on other projects. Hopefully I'll be able to get out a mission (or even two!) this weekend.

And it goes without saying, but my video series is probably dead until Thanksgiving Break and Christmas Break. Then I can batch record crap without it cutting into my time for other things and you guys.

PrismaCube

Say I have been thinking, Avanix has been with me for a long time, however she was the only character that I have ever created back then, but now that I have other characters.

Yumi Kodai (f)
Katsu Rida (m)
Yoshirou Kodokuna (m)
Akira Sakai (f)
Konno Konami (f)
Konno Kata (f)
Wakahisa Miyako (f)
Furukawa Chinami (f)
Fujikawa Riku (f)
Nozara Kammie (f)

I have been thinking since I put all the Japanese names in, Avanix Valkyrja just does not fit in with the bunch :/

So I have been thinking of changing her name... I mean she will always be Avanix Valkyrja to me, there is no doubt about it. But to fit the story I was thinking of taking a different name. I would love to hear what you guys have to say to that. As for names I have been searching around for a couple of minutes and came up with the following:

Name:
Haruko, Haru, Hina, Yoko, Amaterasu, Yokosora.

Surname:
Amatsu, Tenzora or Amazora (Heaven and Sky together)

If you would like to help with the names maybe here is what I was thinking.

Avanix is the new goddess (Think something like avatar almost with the reincarnation) in her mortal image, very weak and she does not even know it yet. Compared to her last form where she was calm, kind, ect, this Avanix is physiology damaged, humour-less, unforgiving, ect.
However I still would love her name to represent the old goddess, with her heavenly spirit. Usually when I think of the old goddess keywords like
Heaven, Sky, Sun, Mother, Guardian, Kind, Eternal, Forgiving. come to mind.

Last edited: