X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

I wake up, check the forum, 3 new pages full of stuff xD I tell you living on the other side of this planet isn't always a positive thing :D

DarkGemini24601

Gr...I have one of the operations taking from Marine's suggestion but anything I think of other than that ends up being too extreme and I discard it. (Example: tried to have something happen against north korea but considering how powerful they are it would be too massive a conflict.)

I wake up, check the forum, 3 new pages full of stuff xD I tell you living on the other side of this planet isn't always a positive thing :D

Yeah, but at least we're all forced to go to Europe in the roleplay. :p

PrismaCube

Okay, so can someone give me the TL;DR of the last 3 pages and explain why we are forced to go to Europe.

DarkGemini24601

Okay, so can someone give me the TL;DR of the last 3 pages and explain why we are forced to go to Europe.
Oh, I didn't mean it in a bad way. We had said that Russia *particularly Siberia* would be a good spot for a hidden base, though you're free to challenge that if you want.

PrismaCube

Oh, I didn't mean it in a bad way. We had said that Russia *particularly Siberia* would be a good spot for a hidden base, though you're free to challenge that if you want.

Okay, I mean I'm fine if we are in Europe just wanted to know how we decided that :D But thank you for the answer ^^

DarkGemini24601

Indeed. I'm okay with characters that have a few...quirks. But don't go overboard. And make sure you come up with a good excuse for why she wouldn't be immediately screened out. I'd recommend anti-psychotics and a really good resume.
Zombie mentioned with this to clarify that characters shouldn't be too unstable or something, and we basically just talked about character backstories in addition to Russia.

Finally, the story is set in 2018 to give us room for some fictitious events.

Zain Shah

I've skim read the thread and this is what I have gathered so far:
Zombie is the GM
we're starting in russia
It's set in 2018

So my questions are:
1.Is it 1 character per rper?
2.Where do we post the xcom application?

DarkGemini24601

Zombie is the GM
we're starting in russia
It's set in 2018

So my questions are:

1. 1-2 characters, your choice.
2. Not posting bios quite yet because people aren't ready, I think we'll either make a separate thread or use "The Story of Defiance."

Zain Shah

Also, we should move out of this section of the website and create a new thread since this is an independent role-play and it wont confuse newer people.

Zain Shah

I'll probably have a scientist and a soldier since I already have an unused application for a scientist that I was going to use for season 5.

DarkGemini24601

Also, we should move out of this section of the website and create a new thread since this is an independent role-play and it wont confuse newer people.

Where would you propose we move it? I don't think any of the other sections really fit, the only thing we could really do is maybe change the title if that's possible to reflect that this is inspired by, but not directly related to, ChristopherOdd's series. Otherwise someone will have to grab all the important information for this thread, put it in the new op, and then be more confusing because of this thread and the others ones already here.

(Also, I don't know if we'll be getting a lot of new people/recurrent people until Odd's next season anyway.)

Zain Shah

Sarge said he had plans to have a section dedicated to role-playing so once that goes live, we could switch.

DarkGemini24601

Well, perhaps for the actual rp and bios, but only if it drops around when our GM is ready, which isn't for another few days. If it doesn't, then we probably press on here. (It is a reason to wait on our bios though)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
1. 1-2 characters, your choice.
2. Not posting bios quite yet because people aren't ready, I think we'll either make a separate thread or use "The Story of Defiance."
Zombie is the GM
we're starting in russia
It's set in 2018

So my questions are:
Yeah I meant for the story of defiance to be the name for our stories so yeah that is where we will post our stories and bios.

Zain Shah

I think we should agree on some sort of timeline leading up to 2018 in case people want to reference any big changes in the couple years before X-COM.

It's just an idea I thought up so we don't have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.