X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGemini24601

hey guys i have posted my bio/s in the stories of defiance thread that is where the stories and bios will be posted. and for confusion sake Patient 42 IS Desmond that was his name while he was at exalt

His XCOM database piece by itself is kinda suspicious...no background, no hometown, mysterious scars, unexplained PTSD.

If he is a spy then EXALT did a bad job of making him seem legit, if he's not then he should probably disclose more if he wants them to trust him. (I will be critical only because I don't want our staff to turn into an unlikely bunch of people that got in through ambiguous means, earth might well be doomed. I don't want to be mean though)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
His XCOM database piece by itself is kinda suspicious...no background, no hometown, mysterious scars, unexplained PTSD.

If he is a spy then EXALT did a bad job of making him seem legit, if he's not then he should probably disclose more if he wants them to trust him. (I will be critical only because I don't want our staff to turn into an unlikely bunch of people that got in through ambiguous means, earth might well be doomed. I don't want to be mean though)
I probably could have explained in more detail that is one of my faults, but basically his whole bio is from the perspective of a psychologist and even though desmond was kind of hard pressed for information the superiors thought that the info given had been enough and that his backround was not as important as his skills, also he has connections that helped the process along, but he is undoubtably under close supervision.

Zain Shah

hey guys i have posted my bio/s in the stories of defiance thread that is where the stories and bios will be posted. and for confusion sake Patient 42 IS Desmond that was his name while he was at exalt
The one thing that might affect the role-play is the mention of psionics since the first humans to possess psionic abilities are the ones who pass psionic testing at the HQ.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I do think that backgrounds should at least be a little detailed, even if they're forged. However, it is also important to remember that, during the in game cutscene, the G-Man from the counsel refers to EXALT as a 'new threat', so while X-COM would obviously be worried about leaks in general, they wouldn't be thinking of anyone in mind.

That being said, once EXALT does make itself known, those people with ambiguous background will be under suspicion, so while you could get in with such a ccharacte, there is always a chance they could be booted out once paranoia sets in. Don't be surprised if a brand of McCarthyism rears it's ugly head.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
The one thing that might affect the role-play is the mention of psionics since the first humans to possess psionic abilities are the ones who pass psionic testing at the HQ.
I talked with ZS about it and she said it was fine just as long as it was kept under control. the powers I have given to him were limited and will serve a purpose in the story

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
I do think that backgrounds should at least be a little detailed, even if they're forged. However, it is also important to remember that, during the in game cutscene, the G-Man from the counsel refers to EXALT as a 'new threat', so while X-COM would obviously be worried about leaks in general, they wouldn't be thinking of anyone in mind.

That being said, once EXALT does make itself known, those people with ambiguous background will be under suspicion, so while you could get in with such a ccharacte, there is always a chance they could be booted out once paranoia sets in. Don't be surprised if a brand of McCarthyism rears it's ugly head.
And that is what i was hoping someone would say I will send you a pm since you are the GM about what I had in mind but it can only take effect once that point in the story has happened

Frostlich1228

Hey Zombie, you said that your first character has to have Combat experience right? By Combat experience do you mean Military or just Combat Training in general?

DarkGemini24601

Hey Zombie, you said that your first character has to have Combat experience right? By Combat experience do you mean Military or just Combat Training in general?
Replying so that isn't missed.
Posted my bio, I may have gone a bit overboard but...whatever. *scratches head*

DarkGemini24601

I think I found your answer.
And in making your character, they can be as experienced or inexperienced as you so wish, as long as you remember to play the part. Don't make a rookie who consistently pulls off trick shots from day one, and don't make a veteran that routinely forgets to take off the safety. Remember, this is all for good, clean fun, and if you are stressing over anything, you're probably thinking about it too hard. Leave the stress to me.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Yeah, I'd prefer at least some experience, but I don't expect a team of Solid Snakes. X-Com will be looking for the best of the best, but that doesn't mean they'll get everyone on the top of the list. In fact, for the Commander's bio, I'll be mentioning that they weren't the first pick, but rather the first pick that said yes.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Wait how many EXALT agents will we have I thought we only had one it would look suspicious if there was more than one.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
We have two. I approved of two because, with such a large and powerful organization as X-COM, I found it more unlikely that EXALT would only have one mole. After all, if that single mole were to be found out, then they'd have no one left.

Frostlich1228

Yeah, I'd prefer at least some experience, but I don't expect a team of Solid Snakes. X-Com will be looking for the best of the best, but that doesn't mean they'll get everyone on the top of the list. In fact, for the Commander's bio, I'll be mentioning that they weren't the first pick, but rather the first pick that said yes.

okay thanks Zombie! :3

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I'm finished with the alien's character sheets, though I'm not entirely sure where to put them. Putting them on the main Role Playing page would be a bit too encumbersome. I'll probably start another forum just for them, though I'm not entirely sure how. Never had to do it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.