X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGemini24601

Are you saying Jessica/Alexia isn't a little crazy? And besides... the alternative to that situation is Alexia finding her own man, and then Modya has to deal with her using his girlfriend's body to mack on other guys.
Yeah, it's better than the alternative. And Modya certainly isn't complaining. :rolleyes:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I once read this series of novels known as The Darkness series by Harry Turtledove. Basically a multi-perspective story set in an alternate world during a war that was modeled after WWII, but with magic sticks instead of rifles, behemoths instead of tanks, dragons instead of aircraft, and leviathans instead of U-Boats.

There was a woman, one of my favorite characters, who was working on a super secret time-compression magic, the equivalent of the Manhattan Project, and after spending a large amount of time with and getting really close to another main character, in a moment of weakness, she cheats on her husband with him, and ends up guilt striken because of it.

Her husband? Meets another female wizard while on the battlefield, gets her in bed as quickly as possible, and shows no remorse over it. And I was thinking, "Damn what a prick!" I wasn't too sad when he and his little harlot died when the stories equivalent of the Germans opened up the Earth under them.

DarkGemini24601

As a heads up, guys, I'm going to be gone by noon my time (US Central) on saturday, and I won't be back until the next saturday. Going down to visit family and such. I'm doing my best to prepare a backlog of posts that I'll have people like Zombie and Marine post on my behalf.

If you see my name and [Thanksgiving Backlog] attached to a post, that means it was written by me or I was at least involved in the collaboration, and it was written before the trip. (So, apologies for any inconsistencies related to current events, as I'm no oracle :p)

Adrammalech

There was a woman, one of my favorite characters, who was working on a super secret time-compression magic, the equivalent of the Manhattan Project, and after spending a large amount of time with and getting really close to another main character, in a moment of weakness, she cheats on her husband with him, and ends up guilt striken because of it.

Her husband? Meets another female wizard while on the battlefield, gets her in bed as quickly as possible, and shows no remorse over it. And I was thinking, "Damn what a prick!" I wasn't too sad when he and his little harlot died when the stories equivalent of the Germans opened up the Earth under them.

Well, they did both cheat, so they deserve each other o_O getting magic-nuked is a fair punishment for being remorseless though, I suppose

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well, they did both cheat, so they deserve each other o_O getting magic-nuked is a fair punishment for being remorseless though, I suppose
Yeah, I just liked the irony of how the wife went through so much anguish for cheating once, and her husband starts cheating on her at the drop of the hat like it was his right to do so because it was war. Like I said, I was happy the wife made it in the end, and the guy was buried alive with his little wench.

DarkGemini24601

As a heads up, guys, I'm going to be gone by noon my time (US Central) on saturday, and I won't be back until the next saturday. Going down to visit family and such. I'm doing my best to prepare a backlog of posts that I'll have people like Zombie and Marine post on my behalf.

If you see my name and [Thanksgiving Backlog] attached to a post, that means it was written by me or I was at least involved in the collaboration, and it was written before the trip. (So, apologies for any inconsistencies related to current events, as I'm no oracle :p)
Vee: Heh...no one cares about you being gone for seven days, Gemini.
Gem: SHUT UP! V_V

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Vee: Heh...no one cares about you being gone for seven days, Gemini.
Gem: SHUT UP! V_V
Well, with the backlog, it'll be like your with us the while time, right?

So wait, Modya is having relations with both of them now?

I wonder if that's considered a Three-way...
This is getting into the field of philosophy, so it is hard to say. Though the easy way to answer that is to say that if Modya and one of the sisters are... having a little fun... don't expect the other to be around. After all, would one want to be in the same room as your sibling when they are getting frisky with someone. I know I wouldn't.

The only thing off the top of my head that could be worse is walking in on your parents. *shudders* Though, this isn't to say that there might not be an occasion when Alexia needs to ask Jessie something and surfaces her consciousness, only to be horrified to find her sister is... busy.

DarkGemini24601

Well, with the backlog, it'll be like your with us the while time, right?

This is getting into the field of philosophy, so it is hard to say. Though the easy way to answer that is to say that if Modya and one of the sisters are... having a little fun... don't expect the other to be around. After all, would one want to be in the same room as your sibling when they are getting frisky with someone. I know I wouldn't.

The only thing off the top of my head that could be worse is walking in on your parents. *shudders* Though, this isn't to say that there might not be an occasion when Alexia needs to ask Jessie something and surfaces her consciousness, only to be horrified to find her sister is... busy.
Well, considering Alexia's "Electra Complex"...she might have a different reaction to walking in on her parents.

Taxor_the_First

Jesus people, I leave for like five days and look what happens in the meantime. So many pages to read, so little time. I just spent 2 hours of my life catching up. and now I only have time to say:
tumblr_m76xujWon11qjtgmyo1_1280.png

...but... you can probably manipulate Morrigan by saying nice things about Brigid. Come on, people, I keep leaving you openings, and everyone misses them.
Actually, I was going to do something relating to that particular opening in our planned collab that we never get around to doing. If necessary, and this goes for anyone who wants to do collabs at times that don't work, we could just do it through glg (sorry, Gamigon) on a sort of "turn-based posting" kind of basis.

You guys do read as much of the roleplay as you can, right?
See above.

...does anyone listen to music when they read or write to set the mood?
Oh hell yeah. I generally use the same music I play XCOM with when I write for certain sections, although most of it is video game soundtracks (A prime example being a remix of the Quadraxis boss battle music when the first Sectopod shows up. Geddit? "Prime" example? ... Bah. I've been away for too long.)
I'm more partial to music from Metroid for alien combat; from Mass Effect for alien combat, exploration of the map and for... certain individuals; and from The Binding of Isaac for ambient music during the alien Base Assault and Temple Ship. Mass Effect 2's "Suicide Mission"/"The End Run" for the final part of the Temple Ship, and I've discovered that 3's "An End Once and For All" works really well with the Volunteer's job in the ending. I do have a few more I dip into for certain things - for example I use Payday's soundtrack for EXALT battles - but those few are the most common.
I've also discovered just now while reading the "I'm drunk Alexia no wait I'm Jessica just kidding I was Alexia the whole time lel" part that the more jaunty parts of the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack can work spectacularly.
That was a bloody essay. Sorry people, I won't do that again.

Hentai Tentacle Bots XD
And the "Vs Metroid Prime Core" for the first time those bastards show up. Works even better if I have my Samus rocketeer in the squad.
Shutting up about music now.

Yeah that has come up multiple times while during colabs...I would back away from this now before things get too weird :p
Well, considering Alexia's "Electra Complex"...she might have a different reaction to walking in on her parents.
Too late Marine. It just got weird.
j90ksutigkta7glqutz3.jpg

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Short piece up (best I can do while at work). Reminding us that the characters have a life outside of the base. I'd encourage others to do something like this every now and then, especially if you're looking for a topic for a solo piece.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Short piece up (best I can do while at work). Reminding us that the characters have a life outside of the base. I'd encourage others to do something like this every now and then, especially if you're looking for a topic for a solo piece.
Poor Desmond, he can never do something like that, or Elizabeth. I really need to work on not killing or even giving my characters family.

BMPixy

Is it bad that this post reminded me that Al had a wife back home?

Status
Not open for further replies.