X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
srsly doe
No, she had a has more control over it now, and the new implants have a buffering system built in, so it won't hurt her more.
I'm just not sure how much control she has over it right now.

She might do it by accident.
Hmm... might br an idea for a collab.
I thought it was just an applied human version of the thought-machine interface tested on monkeys... I wouldn't know how else some sort of technopathy could exist in the X-COM Universe.
Experimentation done on her as a child meant specifically to create a symbyosis of man and machine and create a human computer, combined with upgraded implants using alien materials that have been exposed to high amounts of psionic energy, enhance with Meld, X-COM goto Deus Ex Machina.

DarkGemini24601

I do have a question for everyone that I'd like to get data on.

You guys do read as much of the roleplay as you can, right? I've gotten a little worried from hearing once or twice that people either skimmed or couldn't keep up, and this is me checking in to see if that's a wider problem that needs to be addressed somehow or if I'm worried over nothing.

(Only reason this is a concern is because I know how much effort people put into these and I don't want that to go to waste. Also, lately a lot of posts have been advancing the story, and if you don't actually read those you miss out on important information.)

DarkGemini24601

Elene Exalt 1.jpg
I had someone I know draw Elene Exalt. I'm very happy with the results.
(Apologies that you can't see the Avanix symbol on her shirt well. Details got lost because my printer is being mean. I'll reupload a better picture if I can get my printer to scan the lighter lines somehow)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
First Mini-Mission is up for Eva. Just as it has a fairly short description, just right a short description of what happens on it. All other soldiers are no-name mooks. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

DarkGemini24601

Pretty good. It reminds me off the old "describe the mission that just happened" that went on during the video roleplays. Though it was longer than some things. *Thinks to the two-line posts in Squee's current RP that are common and shakes head.* Your post was much better than that. :p

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
This has nothing to do with the Role Play but does anyone listen to music when they read or write to set the mood? Usually whenever I write I just pop on something that is very atmospheric with no words, just instruments and just let the play list roll and what ever the particular mood the song is more than likely affects how I will write something. Anyone else have that?

DarkGemini24601

Oh yeah. Sometimes, when I remember to or something really important is going on. When I was writing Atka's mission I listened to "Help is on the Way" and "Time to say Goodbye" to heighten the tension and sadness of the piece, and so I could feel how nervous you and Zombie were. :p

The empathy attempt helped the mood fit better for me, even though I knew Atka would make it.

Frostlich1228

This has nothing to do with the Role Play but does anyone listen to music when they read or write to set the mood? Usually whenever I write I just pop on something that is very atmospheric with no words, just instruments and just let the play list roll and what ever the particular mood the song is more than likely affects how I will write something. Anyone else have that?

I don't usually listen to music when I write, but I often get my inspiration from the music I've listened to before I start writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.