Status
Not open for further replies.
First Name: Buster
Middle Name: Asakawa
Last Name: Bradford
Birthplace: Yokota Air Base, Japan
Origin: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Languages: English (American), Japanese
Biographical Synopsis: Central Officer Bradford was born on Christmas Eve, 1984 to Technical Sergeant Will Bradford and Suzie Asakawa on Yokota Air Base in Japan. Bradford's father was in charge of handling the American Forces Network (AFN) radio and television station on base in Yokota and due to this posting, Bradford has attended elementary schools in Japan. Shortly after Bradford finished the fifth grade, his father was posted to Honolulu to serve at Hickam Airbase as a radio operator. Bradford transferred to local schools in the area and graduated from Punahou Academy with a 3.1 GPA. He attended the University of Hawaii as a part of the ROTC program and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in both Hawaiian Studies and Management Studies.

Service Record: With accordance to his father's wishes, Bradford joined the Air Force as a radio operator, returning to Yokota to manage the AFN on base. After three years of serving in Japan, Bradford was transferred to the Green Zone in Iraqi as the Air Force attache at the American Embassy where he served for three years. It was here that Bradford made himself known to the XCOM project by protecting the lives of those in the Embassy while simultaneously ordering troops in the Green Zone to repel a 13-day insurgent attack. Following the Battle of the Green Zone in 2008, Bradford was honored by President Obama in 2010 with a Navy Cross at the White House; the XCOM project quickly makes contact with Bradford during his posting in Kosovo in 2013. Since then, Bradford has been assisting the XCOM project by organizing the XCOM base alongside Dr Shen and prioritizing research with Dr Vahlen.

Timeline:
1984-1996 Yokota, Japan; Attended Yokota West Elementary School
1996-2003 Honolulu, Hawaii; Attended Punahou Academy
2003-2006 Yokota, Japan; Radio Operator
2006-2009 Baghdad, Iraq; Air Force Attache
2009-2013 Kosovo; US Air Force Attache to the United Nations
2013-2015 CLASSIFIED
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, Central Officer Buster Asakawa Bradford, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:

The Phoenix

Name, First : Joseph
Name, Last : McRae
Birthplace : Houston, Texas
Birthdate : January 22, 1999

Biographical Synopsis :

Sir, Joseph is an "unusual" subject. For starters, he's only 14, about to be 15. Second, he has an IQ of 201. And third, Commander, he is a Tactical GENIUS. He has help top-ranking generals and the president himself to plan and coordinate many of the U.S. Forces' Attack Plans Worldwide. Despite his age, he Can outsmart most Tacticans with ease. I would recommend that he be assigned to assist Bradford in mission selection. Much of the background of the subject is unknown, execpt for a birth certificate. The subject was an illegitimate child to general CLASSIFIED and was in an abusive home before relocation to the XCOM Processing Facility in CLASSIFIED.

Personality Analysis:
The subject is skittish and nervous much of the time, due to his past living circumstances. The child was aloof and distant most of the session. The boy is humble and respectful, and correcting in a polite manner. He moved in a methodical and almost choreographed manner.

Final Thoughts:

Commander, this may be a kid, but he's got the mind of Einstein 7 fold. I would RECCOMEND for the XCOM Project.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, Joseph McRae, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

excruciater

First Name: Alexander
Last Name: Grace
Biologogical synopsis: Nothing can be truly said about him. Except for the fact that he had skipped highschool entirely and was sent straight to college. His IQ is beyond that of his teachers, for some odd reason he is just smarter in every way. Born into the world on october 15th, 1992, Newburyport Massachusetts. Had no ill effects of his nature. Brought up well, all but one thing. That ONE thing is what we believe, provoked him to be like this.
He had a sister, at the age of 10 him and his sister were walking around in the mall, taking in their surroundings. Eventually they had lost themselves in the scenery since this was thier first time. Alex had taken his sister up to strangers asking for help to find their mom and dad. One man eagerly helped and said "perhaps they had went to the parking lot?" Of course Alex was suspicious but he would give anything to be reunited with his family. Next thing he knew he was in the back of the mans car being drove away. He had pleaded that they go back but he wouldn't listen, why would he? They were brought to his house and the man pulled out his phone and took out the phonebook. He asked what his last name was. When he didn't reply, the man struck at his sister. The more the man struck at his sister the more Alex had complied. By the time it was done, the man had contacted his mother, put up a ransom, and had his sister bleeding on the ground. But to add to his cruelty he had made a deal with the young Alex. That if he would correctly answer a string of questions, he'd set them free. Questions like what is the definition of DNA, what word has all vowels in it, what were the tactics of alexander the great, name all the roman gods in order, etc.
But there was a cost. Either he wins and they leave or the man wins and gets to keep his sister. Perhaps if he had known more, what if he had given the man a false last name? What would of happened if he had simply said NO and waited for his family? How could such a kid know what to do except for what he thought was right?!
He never saw his sister again. But on that day he had made a vow to become smarter than all so the same mistake will NEVER REPEAT!
He currently works at MIT as a teacher of physics, chemistry, and knows his way around a machine if need be. He is a scientist always searching for something new, extraordinary, something we as a race have never seen. In 2015 when shit hit the fan he was there to assess the damage, not physically but mentally. Reviewing all so that he knows what it is, and does before he could possibly be brought down by it. I choose this man not so that you can pity him, but so that you have a man who knows personally that there are things in this world that you don't know. A man who has spent his life to get to know these things before they can deal any real harm. A man who will stop at nothing to see his work through.

Personal traits: he is humble to his superiors but if provoked will humiliate you. He is currently "secretly" searching for his long lost sister. This of course is durring his free time. He enthusiastically works in his office and does over emphasize everything to the point where he believes, and I quote: "A spork is a deadly tool that can sink its three points through your chest and out the other end." I do not blame him for this but it can get annoying from time to time.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, Alexander Grace, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:
V

Vitaliy Bobrov

I want to be Bredfort. Mr ODD, but i have some questions to you, wich i send by message!

ACisHere

First Name: Annette
Last Name: Durand
Introduction:
INTRODUCTION said:
A Lifetime Ago...

Annette pulled her coat closed around her neck against le mistral, but the biting cold winds still succeeded at nipping at her legs. She shouldn't have chosen a dress today. She had told herself that while staring into her wardrobe this morning. But today—today she was going to ask her out. She was going to take a leap of faith, and everything was going to change. So she went against her own common sense, and now she paid the price.

The birthday party for Melody, heartstoppingly beautiful, enthralling Melody, was across the base from Annette. Annette practically dove into the SUV in her driveway, slamming the door behind her. As she started it, she nodded politely to a soldier heading for the nearby guard post. She wasn't expected to salute. The military might be providing for her life here, but she wasn't military. She didn't sleep in a barracks or visit a mess hall for meals. The soldier just beat it for the guard post without giving Annette another glance.

Annette checked the seat beside her to reassure herself the gift was still there. The wrapped shoebox was exactly where she'd left it. Inside, a kaleidoscope of pictures hid a precious gift beneath them. It was a necklace with a synthetic triangular diamond. The metalwork around the diamond gave the impression the diamond was a fancy dress adorning a woman. It had been called “Uptown girl” when Annette found it online. Even its name made it a perfect gift for Melody, who loved the city far more than the base.

Annette wondered what about the city drew Melody in. She'd never seen anything amazing there, just a lot of buildings with cement facades and big glass windows. She grew up entirely on base, schooled on base, did everything on base. She hated that she was so rarely allowed to leave.

As Annette arrived at Melody's home, she saw the Commander's car wasn't in the driveway. She was surprised; wasn't he supposed to be here for the birthday party? Did he get called into some emergency on base? There weren't any air raid sirens, and normally it took a lot to pull Gervais away from doting on his daughter.

Annette parked and grabbed her gift, steeling herself for the cold as she opened the door. She ran to the best of her ability up to the door, punching the doorbell. The wind picked up just as the door opened and Melody appeared in the open doorway.

“Thanks for coming, Ann,” Melody greeted her, pulling her inside. The door was slammed shut quickly behind them. “That wind is terrible today,” she remarked. “Let me take your coat.”

Annette shrugged her coat off and gave it to Melody, carefully exchanging her giftbox between her own hands in an awkward ballet. Melody looked so lively and excited for her eighteenth birthday. Annette felt extremely nervous, suddenly desperate for a distraction from what she was going to do later.

Melody treated Annette to a glass of wine that Annette latched onto immediately for her distraction. Annette's other friends came within a few minutes: two boys, Derek and his friend that Annette had never met nor heard of. He introduced himself as Thomas. Then the final arrival: Jeanne. Annette didn't know her well either. They were all growing up on base together, and it was obvious they all knew Melody and each other from class. Annette never had classes with any of them. She was part of Section C, and Section C had its own school, along with the never-ending experiments.

The party was entertaining, but the occasional butterflies in Annette's stomach made it hard to put herself completely into the setting. There was a lot of food made by Melody's parents, and the cake was delicious, but Annette didn't eat much.

The group voted to start some games next. As they played, the others became interested in their new acquaintance and Section C. Melody knew a lot of this already; they'd talked about it on the phone, but Annette tried to be polite and answer them.

“Section C has its own classes. I'm afraid it keeps me from sharing classes with you.”

Derek shrugged. “I don't understand. What's so special about you that you don't go to school with us?”

“I'm not special,” Annette insisted. She hated it when people said that. Everywhere Annette went, the researchers, her adoptive parents—they all said that, and right after that, they would say she couldn't have the normal life she wanted because of it.

“What do you do there?” Jeanne asked.

Melody beamed. “Oh, it's incredible. They're training her to make her a real-life psychic.”

“No way,” “You can't be serious,” “You're kidding,” they interjected all at once.

“Well, what can you do?” Derek questioned.

“I'm not special; I'm not psychic,” Annette insisted. “It's just good instincts, really.”

“Instincts about what?” Thomas wondered.

“You volunteering to have your mind read?” Melody poked fun, grinning widely. “What does the mysterious Thomas think about, I wonder?”

“Oh, could it be girls?” Jeanne joined in the ribbing. “Hey, I must be a mind-reader too. Sign me up for Section C!”

A general cacophony of jibs and laughter broke out among the group, but Annette wasn't laughing.

“Show us, please,” Derek insisted. The others, besides Melody, were quick to add their insistence.

Annette looked to Melody for salvation, but Melody just smiled and shrugged. “Well?” she asked. “Can't hurt.”

Annette took a few deep breaths. “Okay, fine, but Melody is going to help me,” she insisted. She reached out her hands over the game on the table between them. Melody grabbed her hands. “Close your eyes and think about someplace warm,” Annette ordered, her voice shaking a bit. She was too nervous to make this work. She knew it wouldn't work when she was this nervous. Why was she still doing this? “Pic—Picture it in your mind.”

“Okay,” Melody agreed, closing her eyes.

“Now put a sign in the middle of that picture, and on that sign, put a single word, any word at all.”

Continued in next post due to 10k character limitation.

ACisHere

INTRODUCTION said:
Annette tried her hardest to reign in her nervousness and concentrate. This was hard in the experimental labs where there wasn't any pressure... In this situation, it was impossible. Annette glimpsed the briefest vision of a murky scene, like looking at something through rippling water. She couldn't even make out if there was a sign there, much less what was written on it.

“Focus on the sign,” Annette ordered. She tightened her grip on Melody's hands, but suddenly she felt something. A ring? On her ring finger? The image faded entirely, and Annette's eyes flew open. “A ring?” she asked.

“Nope!” Melody said, opening her eyes too as she smiled. “It was Derek!” She laughed.

“Derek?” Annette asked. She looked at Derek himself, sitting next to Melody. His arm was around her chair now. When had that happened? “Why Derek?” she asked, confused.

“Derek just asked me out this morning!” Melody explained excitedly. “He gave me this ring for my birthday. We're going to the chapel play tonight!”

“Oh my god, you're serious!” Jeanne burst out, her enthusiasm evident. “God damn girl, and you waited until now to tell me!?”

“That can't be,” Annette whispered, completely adrift. “No, that's not... I know you don't... I know you like—,” her voice gave out, tears building in her eyes. She knew the truth. This was a lie! Melody didn't like Derek, she liked Annette! She had sensed it before! She loves me, Annette told herself. I saw it, two months ago, during our sleepover...

Annette had to prove this was wrong. This was just a joke, a terrible, terrible joke at her expense. She could prove it! She still had Melody's hands in hers. A laser-focus overcame her, and Annette threw everything she had into it. She'd show Melody, and Derek, and Jeanne, all of them would see the truth. She knew the truth! SHE KNEW IT!

“You don't...” Annette said. “I saw it before...” Her eyes twisted as tightly shut as she could make them. Her face took on a grimace from the sheer concentration she was trying to use. At first it was nothing, but then her world erupted into color. A multitude of images, sounds, voices, even Melody's own.

Melody's voice was the only one Annette focused on. She followed it, tracking it like a hound. Everything around her was blurry, but as she tracked that voice, the scenery was beginning to form cohesive shapes. This was what the researchers wanted her to do, but she'd never managed before. Something seemed off as she pressed forward. There were whispers behind her. It sounded like the others in the room. They were saying something urgently; what was it? She could barely make them out, “Stop,” “Let her go!” “What are you doing?”

She was close to the truth. She could feel it, just beyond her grasp. Suddenly the world went pitch black, and Annette felt a sharp pain from something slamming into the back of her head.

Annette groaned and opened her eyes. She was lying on the floor, her chair toppled beneath her. Her head was pounding, and tears were streaking down her face. It took her a few moments to clear the worst of the grogginess and figure out what had happened. Everyone was standing by the table. Thomas was leaning over her, looking every bit the guilty culprit. He looked back and forth between Melody and Annette. Annette could just see Melody's face down to her chin before the edge of the table got in-between them. Melody's nose was bleeding.

“What were you doing?” Melody shrieked at her. “What was that!? GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!”

“Melody,” Annette cried, “Please, listen to me!”

“NO! I WANT YOU OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW!” Melody tore herself free of Derek and ran out of the room.

“Are you okay?” Thomas asked. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you fall.” He helped Annette extricate herself from the chair and get to her feet slowly.

“I'm... leaving,” Annette managed. “I don't... Please Jeanne, tell her I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt her.”

Jeanne took a last wary look at Annette, then ran out of the room after Melody.

Annette left immediately, tears still streaming down her face.

By the next morning, she could barely remember driving home from Melody's house that day, or what else happened for the rest of the night. All she remembered was the pain, the feeling of betrayal, and the tears soaking her pillow.

Present Day

Annette rubbed her Uptown Girl necklace between her fingers as she sat on the bustling aircraft, the soldiers across from her looking at her with a hard look. Her saviors all held questions behind their eyes. She could hear them, even though none of their mouths moved a muscle. She couldn't really begrudge them their looks. There wasn't anything else to look at, the walls barren and without windows. The aircraft jostled some more.

She wondered briefly why she kept it when Melody sent her gift back and refused to ever see or talk to her again. She wondered if it was masochism, a desire to harm herself with her own thoughts. If it was, it didn't work. The necklace didn't bring back pain with the memories anymore; just melancholy. It had become a simple reminder that she was still alone, even among others.

And the aliens... The beings of terror she could have never imagined on her own, they had done something to her. Before, her intuition was limited, the images murky. But when she grabbed that soldier's hand and boarded their craft, it had been instantaneous. The face of someone they'd lost. She could tell as easily as if she'd been there to see them learn of the death.

There was no doubt in Annette's mind that she would never understand what they did to her without help. She knew that the aliens would come after her again and again. They wouldn't stop until she was theirs or she was dead.

Let them come, Annette told herself. Because I've found someone who can fight them, and if they want me, they will bleed before they get me.

She had nothing more to lose. The world looked so bleak, worse than the metal tube surrounding her. She let go of her necklace, letting it fall against her chest. Maybe she was made for this. Maybe she couldn't have a normal life because she was special. But maybe, just maybe, she could still find a place to belong among X-COM, the multinational family created solely to fight monsters. Maybe there was a chance, however small, that Annette Durand didn't have to feel out of place, listless, and alone.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

BockBockChicken

First Name: Malcolm
Last Name: Levitt
Position: Senior Analytical Chemist
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal Entry #23:

For a secret organization, XCOM doesn't seem so keen on keeping their clandestine status. Though I was approached discretely during the MOOT for an opening in the research team, the group interviews revealed that many more than a "select few" were present. Of course, at that point none of us knew of the true nature of the research position, despite the high IQ's boasted by the majority of the applicants. I find such boasting tiresome - if they're so intelligent, do they not know that the whole concept of IQ testing is flawed, and does not reflect capability in research? Valuable skills such as creativity, ingenuity, or, even just sheer perseverance is what you need in research. You do the grunt work, as any starting graduate student will tell you: do your literature review, learn your lab environment, and for God's sake, learn to improvise. That highly inflated IQ - no doubt just mere manifestation of the Flynn Effect - of those smug, self-important applicants does nothing if your spectrometer breaks down and you're left holding the line with technical support. Of course, those smirks disappeared when they were dismissed from individual interviews. Regardless, I've always wondered how much they learned of the operation.

And now I hear from base security that they found an interloper snooping about the base. Perhaps he was one of the applicants XCOM approached. Rumour is that Command is considering adding him to the team. If he's as talented as everyone thinks he is, it'll be a much needed boost to this constantly understaffed team. The workload Dr Vahlen has us under is nearly unbearable, though I'm no stranger to stress. I've seen my fair share of universities - University of Waterloo, University of Toronto, Queen's University, and University of Southampton: at every single one of them, there's always more work than man, equipment, or time allows. At least here though, we have state-of-the-art spectrometers that doesn't require a probe replacement every month. Hell, I'd be grateful if the liquid nitrogen line didn't leak.

Well, looks like my sample has finished shimming. Back to work it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pledge:
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Taxor_the_First

Given Name: Jerry
Last Name: Atrics
Attached Photo:
upload_2013-12-30_21-32-37.png

Applied Position: Scientist, under Dr Vahlen/ squad psychiatrist
Personnel File: Under the pretense of a position in an ambitious research project, recruiters sent Dr Atrics an application form asking him to list his name, qualifications, etc. Upon receiving the form back the first thing we noticed was the amount of (if you'll pardon the phrase, Commander) bullshit in it. Previous enrollments in other projects have seen the staff of those projects either loving or hating him by the end, and why was apparent in his returned form. As an example, one of his listings was a tenure at "FU". The entire form was filled with that kind of drivel.

Since Atrics obviously didn't trust us enough to give us information himself, we were quite ready to write him off. After all, there were a number of potential candidates to go through, and after spending a large amount of resources on the "military staffing", we debated whether we had enough to warrant further investigation. However, every one of the candidates forwarded to us was done so with reason, so we eventually decided to investigate him ourselves. We found a number of things that you may find worthy of consideration.

Qualifications include multiple degrees in physics, quantum physics, biology, mathematics, and psychiatry. These are just the topic areas, the actual degrees number around a dozen. His scientific ability is unquestioned. He is well recognized among his contemporaries as a genius, but many find him too flippant.

Jerry Atrics was so named by a father he claims had read Catch 22 too many times, and considers himself lucky in comparison to his sister, Peedee Atrics. He is of African-American heritage, from a family heavily impacted by economic hardship, largely not from any fault of their own. His name and background has made him into a self-proclaimed "optimistic realist", and, as mentioned prior, his personality is very strong, sometimes being somewhat overbearing to others.

He is qualified as a scientist, but he is also qualified as a psychiatrist, where his personality has helped him to achieve success in this field. Many who go to see him have achieved what they went in to achieve, with the sole exception of one of your previous soldier applicants Isaac Anderson (see relevant file - Incident Log #115; Judge Escape from REDACTED , please note that security clearance Omega is required to view this report.). Atrics has cured many mental illnesses, which some patients attribute to his cheerfulness. His reasoning (and excuse for his one failed case) is that he can only help those who want to be helped.

No doubt you will have noticed by now my emphasis on his personality. Normally I do not express my own personal opinion, but I feel I must here. When it comes to Dr Atrics, whilst his scientific applications are considerable, I feel his value lies in his ability to relate to others. He could serve as a mollifying force to the science team, even to the military aspect of X-COM should we decide to allow him to practice psychiatry in his off time. Whilst the potential for disruption in the labs is a concern, I believe Atrics could serve well as a "morale boost". His experience with depression and PTSD would be an asset if we decide to assign him squad psychiatrist. His ingenuity could serve us well in testing any tech we recover and applying it for our own use. If he becomes a problem, we can simply ask if he would rather we test these techs on him. Personal recommendation is that risk is well worth reward. After all, all we are risking is a bunch of very irritated scientists. Tell me to my face that you wouldn't like to see Vahlen speak with an emotion other than "for science" for once, even if that emotion is "thoroughly pissed".

There is, however, one other issue. Atrics is very... ethical. It's entirely conceivable that he would take issue with some of the things we may wish to research in the future. However, I would at this time like to point out that you recruited Dr Shen despite his own ethical concerns. Like I said, risk vs reward. In the end, it's your decision Commander. I am here only to bring these individuals to your attention and to make recommendations.
Signed: "Smith"
PS: Atrics has not yet actually signed the pledge, given reservations about actually recruiting him. Should you decide to recruit him, I will forward the signed pledge ASAP.
PPS: On that note, unsure whether pledge is necessary for scientists and/or engineers. They are not likely to lose their lives "defending the planetary systems" as the soldiers are. Possible area of review.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier (NEEDS REVIEW, ATRICS IS NOT QUALIFIED AS A SOLDIER), in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.
Signature: Pending approval Jerry Atrics

Last edited:
B

Belgerith

First Name: Timothy
Last Name: Benoit

Biographical Synopsis:
Although a bright kid Timothy was a bit lazy when it came to school work, and would of had a nearly perfect grade if not for this fact. He realized in his senior year that there really was no way he could afford college or even get any scholarships due to his laziness. With his prospects limited a friend of his introduced him to a recruiter for the US Navy. After taking the aptitude test (scored a 93) they got Timothy into the nuclear power program.

Timothy's time in the navy was interesting and not so much at the same time. The technology was easy to understand and he was even given the chemist job on the nuclear reactor on a submarine, the military life was just not for him. Several years later he was found sleeping in a radiation area (really the levels were very low and not dangerous, and mean was he tired. I guess they didn't really like me so much there) and he left the military.

It was after the military that he found his true calling, but it was years later and we will get to that. Until then though he spent time bouncing around random dead end jobs, and it was while he was at one of these jobs he found his would be wife. The years ticked by and they produced child after child until they were up to 5 total children. It was this stress that pushed Timothy to his true calling.

In an attempt to get some alone time and find a hobby at the same time Timothy decided to tinker with some stuff in his basement. At first it was a small solar panel, followed by some other solar projects, soon he found he was able to do many things and branched out a little bit into electronics, setting up systems in his house controlled by a raspberry pi. He was even able to patent a few things and make a little money.

It was at this time that one of his old Navy buddies who had done very well over the years got in touch with him about his new patents. This old friend asked if Timothy would be interested in a new environment where he could take his out of the box thinking to some good use........
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Looking to be an engineer

Wisekill1

First Name: Johan
Last Name: De Fries
Biographical Synopsis: Although most reports would describe mister De Fries as an average citizen I believe he is merely acting so he doesn't extract any attention that he doesn't want.
Documents concerning Mister De Fries's military background are surprisingly well classified, nevertheless I've learned that wherever Dutch commando troops were shipped De Fries followed as "Support Personal" for example he served as a cook in Afghanistan but acquired video surveillance showed that he never prepared a meal in the kitchen. After some digging I've learned that he had of combined "sleeping space" of three containers. When the Dutch army left Camp Holland they left all structures behind except these three containers. The containers were destroyed three days prior to the arrival of the first American soldiers in an "Artillery exercise".

I am fairly certain that not all intelligence the Dutch army used in Afghanistan came from willing sources, and if you combine this with the rest of De Fries his military history I can say with almost absolute certainty that he worked as the best (and perhaps only) interrogator of the Dutch military. If the Earth ever came under attack by aliens and the X-COM project had to be activated intelligence on the aliens plans might only come through interrogation of these hostile aliens. I strongly suggest that you hire De Fries as chief interrogator, I am certain that he's up to the task.

To: Commander ChristopherOdd

As I said, I'm applying this character to be the chief interrogator (scientist).

J

jeroen10j

Application as: Engineer

First Name: Jeroen

Last Name: Draft

Looks: brown hair, skinny, brown eyes, scar on the back of neck, a develish smile.

Biographical Synopsis: Jeroen Draft sentenced to twenty years of jail. Ugg these words are still banging in my head. Even after already ten years in jail. I did not want to do it. i... just, well.. lost it *sigh*. 'umm sir', 'huh oh sorry, i was in my own world of thoughts'. 'let me get to the point, if you sign this sir Jeroen, you will be employed by the X-COM company as an engineer'. 'Ok but... why me, wait you mea.... I DID'NT WANT TO KILL MY OWN WIFE! WHY DOES EVRYONE THINK I AM SORT OF AN EXPERT AT BUILDING... those things'. 'We do think that and we know you can. You only need to think about it, how did you make it at first than?' 'Well i just... *sigh* i gues you are right. I cant stop thinking about creating building and publishing these kind of things.' So why dont you sign it?' 'I dont know, maybe its the best i can do for this world. Yes actualy why not i mean, what could happen to me as an engineer. I know how evrything works, i know when something is unstable, and i know how to make a deadly computer virus.'

Message to christopher: brilliant X-COM series. even if i dont get accepted , keep the series going. and as Always, Get smiles :):):)

XCOM ENGINEERING//RECRUITMENT PERSONNEL FILES
First Name: Taliken
Last Name: Flatliner

Biographical Synopsis: When XCOM ASIA took a look into his government files, they found the biography of a fairly dedicated engineer working for the ZVEZDA-HOSHI Space Program between Russia and Japan. Went to America for his Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, graduated a year earlier, formerly worked as part of the technical staff of the ROTOBO Economic and Trade Department. He is skilled and diligent at his job, goes under the radar, is uninterested in relationships(single), and would not be missed greatly if suddenly went missing. Average paycheck, decent standards of living, and lives off fighting against elderly ladies at the supermarket sales for potatoes, etc. Seems like a fairly average profile of a normal civilian worker, until the officer going through his papers found another set of files in his folder, completely redacted in lovely black ink.
Now this is where his profile gets...strange. Upon re-scanning and recovering his files, is reveals a time-gap in Flatliner's work log, indicating that he was freelancing(and might still be) for a number of people with rather shady affiliations, many of which came from the same organization. At some point, the Russian government caught wind of his jobs, and offered him a deal to work for them, which he took quickly for some reason. What he was working on, as well as a deeper information on his early life, has been conveniently expunged from any major mainframe. Since then, he has been part of a team advancing both Russia and Japan's space capabilities, specifically spacecraft and satellite development and maintenance. Curiously, his activities remain under the radar while working here as well. Of course, until XCOM Asia used their connections to offer a contract to our man, who signed up without much of a second thought. All things considered, he could possibly be a security liability with the skills to back it up, but this could also prove to be an asset as well, if he does his job anyways.
-Addendum A: Missing Master's Degree
Strangely enough, in the data we recovered, there was also documented proof of a master's degree in Chemical Engineering. Again, curious, considering that there is nothing that he could have used it for in his line of work, at least as part of a technical development team. Unless he was working with fuel cell or oxygen refining, or maybe a project trying to fuse physical/mechanical sciences with life sciences.​
-Document #33-1: Psychological Analysis
Mr. Flatliner has a very amiable personality despite his rather depressing stature. When interviewed, he was surprising accepting and understanding of what was being said and the stakes being held. While not entirely eager to join in, he expressed his desire to help in any way he can if called upon duty. Specifically he said, "While I'm not sure what kind of help you think you can get from me, I won't back down from a call to help, since this is probably the first noble job I've done in while."
And mind that this is the same person who takes shady freelancing jobs.
Despite this, he seems to have the uncanny instinct for socializing only when required, and is quite in control of his emotions when presented with personal questions. It appears he has prior knowledge of interrogation methods and procedures, making the interview overall less effective. Despite that, we have determined that while his origins are ambiguous, his willingness to be a working part of XCOM is honest enough. Everything checks out, except for a few incidents of him acting as mediator in resolving office fights, as well as personal reports of him helping others resolve the personal problems of a few select people. He was spoken quite well of by those people, and somehow still manages to stay anonymous.​
-Taliken Flatliner's Oath to XCOM Service, after flipping the interview desk because of what he thought as, "a ridiculous pledge of allegiance to an organization that had the power to terminate him at any time."
Specifically, "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M -[REDACTED FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT]"

Last edited:

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Hey guys, I've made the following edit to the original post here:

Edit: 3 spots for Annette's Psy buddies are open too. I've decided against using three of the hand picked recruits.

E

Evilways45

Name: Georgia Graham
PositionDr.Vahlen's lab assistant
Place of Birth: Medicine Hat,Canada
Ever since she was 7 Georgia had been fascinated in science. She spent every minute of her free time studying rocks minerals pretty much whatever was at her disposal.(even trying to perform an autopsy on a mouse!) In high school she quickly rose to be top of her class. When high school was over she got a scholarship at the University of Alberta and within 3 years she rose to be the brightest student in the university earning degrees in:Geology, Physiology,Chemistry and Biology.The day the aliens attacked her parents got abducted and pledged to do whatever she could to help destroy them.One day she got asked to apply to the Xcom project. After her loss hearing she would be working with the most brilliant person in the world it almost made her happy.Considering what happened to her parents remembering the pledge she gladly applied to the project.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Angelofhell

Name: Alice"Angel"Smith

Hair color : red

Specialty:unknown

Alice Smith was taken by the aliens along with CENSORED and CENSORED as they have psychic potential that was unknowingly given to them which caught the aliens and EXALTS attention.
Little is known about Alice except what she has told us.

'I served in the army for 2 years after the age of 18 before training to become a field medic to save the lives of the men and women around me in battle as so many were dyeing and the aliens have slaughtered so many innocent around us and I would like to return the favor"

Recommend assigning Alice Smith to the Field as a Soldier or Base Medical Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocketbottle

First name: Samuel

Last Name: Walker

Bio: Samuel was obsessed with technology when he was born in 1990 but lived very far from it. His parent lived on a farm because they believed the future will poison people's mind. When he was young his father taught him how to build a car and he loved it when it was Christmas he ask his dad for car parts and a frame and built one all by himself. Sometimes he took apart and put back together to just to clean it. He loved that car because he knew it was his only connection to the future however when he turned 18 and graduated from high school valedictorian of his class he went to IT for mechanical engineering which he earned bachelor on and joined the millitary he thought his skill will allow him to repair and build guns and tanks but it led him to do intelligence. However it all. Changed when terrorist attacked his based and enslaved him in a work camp in Africa there he what he wanted, to build weapons of mass destruction. However all his creations were against America. He was forced to build bombs, tanks, and missiles of mass destruction until the US military raided the camp. He quit the military and returned to his family farm so he can be distant from technology like his parents.

Commanders this bio is what we got from multiple sources he has potential but his disinterest to build any thing goes against
his job for the inevitable war but through therapy he can be valuable.
We will stand by and keep tabs on him for future orders.

MenacingTaquito

First Name: Exzadius(Ex-zay-de-us) "Gamma-1/Dead man Walking/Dead Man//Walking Dead"
Last Name: Kestlar(Kest-lar)
Appearance: Young(Head 3) , Asian looking man(Race 3), with your stereoypical Kpop Esque hair(Hair 15) with a dark shiny like color(Hair color 13) is fairly toned (Skin 1) Contains no such facial hair (Facial Hair 1). Speaks English with a rigid voice(Voice 3) Has two deep scarring on the top of his skull and another on his chest both in the areas of his heart and brain.
Traits: Cocky, determined, easy to anger, has a will to survive, loves bunnies.
Biographical Synopsis: Born and raised in the so called backwater area's of the world to a loving father John Kestlar and mother Sarah Kingsley. He was never a well behaved student in his schooldays always being first into school fights and out last. Reports say on his 14th birthday, his parents were murdered and the boy was found alone covered in blood. At age 17, Exzadius eventually dropped out his senior year to live out on the road meeting new people, learning new skills, eventually meeting an old gruff veteran who went by the name Zachary Taylor from the Vietnam and cold war claiming he saw aliens. Despite his eccentric attitude, the man asked Exzadius to live with him if had no place to go, Exzadius accepted his offer. At age 18, Exzadius decided to finish his senior year at the request of the man, deciding he too wanted to join the military, and eventually graduating at the top of his class. At age 19, Exzadius signed up for the marines, living a hellish lifestyle and rigid training, however his determination to finish at the top of his class transmitted through his military training and had also finished boot camp with top praise. At age 20, having received such high praises received orders to raid a group of fanatics believing in a higher alien like power. He along with with 5 others as part of gamma squad attack said compound, despite a gunshot wound to both his heart and mind, he risked his life to save his comrades from rocket propelled grenades. His squad mates than dubbed him the nickname Dead Man Walking. Age 21, six months ago, during a routine mission along with his squad, Exzadius Kestlar was listed as M.I.A.
-Commander, i left you with this document just in case you happen to find him. If you do, please allow him to choose whether he would like to enlist or come back home.
Sincerely
Zachary Taylor

Extra Information: An atheist after his parents death, doesn't believe in aliens whatsoever due to his time with Zachary Taylor, loves women but will always treat them as if they are a princess, despite his womanizing ways, always ends with him getting smacked in the face.
Creator's Note: I plan on letting Exzadius tell what happens to both his parents and the old man during his time with xcom during his off mission. Also his parents death are not alien or Psi-related. I opted Zachary Taylor to be part of the Bureau before hand but i don't know if that's part of the timeline, so if the Bureau doesn't exist in this universe, Zachary Taylor is just a paranoid man. Also I'm applying for one of Annette's psi-buddies.

P.S so excited for this series, watched your other series, got excited at your Mass Effect Role play too. I should get more into RPing

Last edited:

Godly Wrath

Candidate Personal File
Name: Jonah McKnight
Bio:
Jonah McKnight is a well respected engineer and inventor. Jonah is known for his specific safety procedures. Jonah considers the worst cast senerio for every project he works on. Despite his paranoid personality his curiosity and determination for completion has allowed him to progress through many projects. Here is a recording of incident that shows Jonah's determination for completing his projects.
"Jonah, the boss said you need to stop this."
"What!? Why? We've almost discovered the ability for fire projectiles with greater potential."
"Jonah, the project is unstable! We almost lost half our team because of malfunctions."
"That's why I organized the safety protocols so we reduce the damage."
"Are you saying this project is worth more than our lives?"
"IF IT SAVES THEM! I'd gladly risk my life to save even a single person."
"Jonah....Please stop this."
"Give me one day."
"For what?"
"To finish this and if I can't I'll stop the project."
"Fine I'll talk to the boss about it."
[End Recording]
The next day Jonah developed a successful prototype for a large weapon that fires heavy rounds at devastating speeds. Jonah is also an experienced self-defense fighter. The only weapon he knows how to use is a pistol and katanna he keeps in his quarters or near his workstation in case of an emergency. Recruiters have assessed the candidate and deem him a possible asset. We hope for Commander Odd's approval to add him to the engineering team. We do however stress that while he is an asset, he should be watched encase of him being a mole for the outside. The decision is yours, Commander.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an engineer, in the X-COM Project. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my commander, Christopher Odd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending and arming the planetary systems. My life and my humanity.

UltimaNamir

(Im assuming by 'psy buddies' you mean the three psyionics? If so I'm interested in being one :) Hers my application.)

Good morning Commander ChristopherOdd. Here is the file you requested pertaining to this individual. I'm not excited about possibly losing a very good soldier, but I was ordered to help with any resources I have, including personnel. I'm not entirely sure what you guys are up to but I assume its something big.
----Colonel Terry

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Young
Nickname: "Slender"
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Country of Origin : United States
Sexuality: Bisexual
Marital Status: Single
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 165 lbs
Hair: Medium Black Hair
Eyes: Slate Grey
Scarring/Tattoos: Tattoo of a griffin with its wings skewered by a sword with 16 tally marks etched into the blade on his left shoulder. Also jagged scar along right index finger with the tip amputated.

Biographical Synopsis: Born in 1988 in Ridgecrest, California. Tyler was born into a military family, his father being a Marine. Due to his upbringing, he views the military as a secondary family. He is highly intelligent, having received good grades in school and being on the honor roll all through out high school. At 16 he suffered an accident where the tip of his right index finger had to be amputated (luckily he is left handed). When he was 18 he joined the military. During basic training, he made high marks, getting expert when firing an M-16 rifle. He later went into advanced training and shot his first sniper rifle. After he finished his training, he joined a black ops unit and recieved further training to stay as far from the mission objective as possible when taking a shot. He was sent out on a highly classified operation to remove a dictator in the far east. His spotter died in the drop when his parachute didn't deploy so he had to do the job himself. And he succeeded, earning him more recognition with his unit commander as well as the ire of several higher-ups. He is currently stationed in Washington D.C. awaiting any further orders. We have attached a recoding when we spoke with him about being assigned to a new operation.

Attached Recording said:
--Start recording-
*A a door opens before closing and a sound reverberates as a chair is dragged across the floor*

Colonel Terry: Good morning Young.

Tyler: Good morning sir....

Colonel Terry: Are you okay? You seem to have a lot on your mind.

Tyler: Its not everyday a grunt gets asked to talk to a colonel. There is one of three reasons I am in here: I'm in trouble, someone in my family died, or there is a mission you need me for. Seeing as how I just got off the phone with my mother without her telling me anything bad and I've kept my nose clean, I'm inclined to believe the third option.

Colonel Terry: Very perceptive of you. I actually have been requested to send over one of my personnel. High level government stuff. Real hush hush. You know the type I'm sure.

Tyler: You have my attention...

Colonel Terry: I obviously can't give you specifics. But you will be sent under the command of one Commander 'ChristopherOdd'

Tyler: Funny name for a commander.

*a chuckle echos around the room*

Tyler: I'm assuming I don't have a say in the matter?

Colonel Terr: And if you did?

Tyler: I'm paid to follow orders sir. I'm not paid to sit around doing nothing.

Colonel Terry: Good answer.

Tyler: Should I start packing?

Colonel Terry: Go ahead, but nothing has been set in stone yet. Apparently there are a lot of referrals. So if you don't get selected no worries.

Tyler: Acknowledged sir.

Colonel Terry: You are dismissed soldier.

On a side note Commander, if you need something done, he is your man. He's willing to do what is necessary to get a job done. He is as loyal as it comes. Its difficult to get his trust but once you do he will willingly trudge through the fires of hell for you and his teammates. I've personally seen him, from time to time, visiting wounded soldiers in the medical wing here.

Military History:
1 tour in Iraq with the 501st Airborne.
Was to deploy to Korea but was unable to pass a mental evaluation at the time.
Was stationed in Germany for 2 years.

Accomplishments:
Has experience within a wide range of weaponry.
Completed advanced sniper training at Camp Pendleton.
First soldier in his unit to hit a target outside of the range of fire accurately.
Currently is the only sniper within his unit to operate without a spotter.

Psychological Evaluation:
His family a history of mental illness. His grandfather had Alzheimer's while his grandmother had a mild case of schizophrenia. He underwent an evaluation as per protocol after a highly dangerous mission. While medical personnel deemed him physically fit for combat , the onsite psychologist showed some concerns and said while he may be stable, he is a little bit unhinged with sociopathic tendencies. He also shows signs of possible PTSD, which would be understandable considering the outcome of said previous mission. During the session, in moments of frustration I noticed his hair would sometimes stand up and the glass of water shaking just enough to move the water. Not sure if that is redundant or not, just giving you a warning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.