XCOM Season 4 Roleplay Positions Still Available Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Hey everyone, there are a few positions that are still available. If you'd like to apply for these, please follow the same steps as outlined HERE.

The available spots are:

Annette Durand
Dr. Shen
A couple of engineers that would report to Shen.
A scientist that would report to Vahlen
If someone is interested in playing Bradford, that would be fine too.

Edit: 3 spots for Annette's Psy buddies are open too. I've decided against using three of the hand picked recruits.

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

Name:Lilly Jones

Position: engineers

Age 26

Expertness weapon development,vehicle manufacture.

Last edited:

Jonathan Wingate

Name: Jordan Karger Jarvis
Position: Second In Command to Central Officer Bradford as Mission Compiler, Data Analyst and Holo-Globe Technician
Qualification: Extremely
Motto:Victoria Defendit Me
(Victory Protects Me)

Bio: I was born on March 2, 1985 in the small town of Thomasville , North Carolina. I graduated high-school and went to the military at the age of 20 and in 3 years I went to UNITE ( United Network Intelligence for Tactical Espionage) as a Handler and Planetary Defense Coordinator. In 2015 I was contacted by a man named Bradford enlisting my help and expertise for some Project named XCOM. I just thought that we would be fighting mercenaries or dictator and I said that I can help take down any enemy on earth. About that………….

Last edited:

Zain Shah

Could you put Hayley Miller as the X-COM psychiatrist (i'm sure you'll need one) and could I keep the same physical description?

Name - Hayley Miller
Age- 24
Sex- Female
DOB- 23/6/1990
Place of Birth- Las Vegas, Nevada
Nationality- American
Height- 5'2
Weight- 48kg
Body Measurements- 30A-23-32
Hair Length- 6 inches below her shoulders
Hair Colour- Red (Not ginger)
Skin Colour- Caucasian
Eye Colour- Green
Marital Status- Single
Place of Residence before X-COM- Madison, Mississippi
Siblings- None
Sexual Orientation- Homosexual
Tattoos- Rose tattoo on her upper left back
Blood Type- O-

Hayley was always baffled by how complex the human mind was and decided to study psychiatry and went onto become a consultant psychiatrist at a hospital at the age of 23. She was soon chosen by X-COM as she displayed sympathy towards her patients but made sure that she was not TOO nice. She was open to the offer and thought it would be a "fun experience." She did have the occasional mentally scarred soldier in the hospital but she will clearly have a more challenging task in treating the soldiers due to the "new" form of enemy.

Last edited:
Name: Aiden Tain

Position: Scientist

A “forever student” Aiden have been reading biology and chemistry for a few years now. So even at the age of 34 he do not find himself done with his study.
With evolution as his major point and interest Aiden have seen many of earths life forms, and studied more then half of what he have seen.

wolfb

First Name: Wolf
Last Name: bij 't Vuur
Biographical Synopsis: Wolf, born in Lelystad, the Netherlands, is a man with slighty above average intelligence. He lived with a smaller brother and sister, and got decent grades in high school. He's not the most social person, and prefers to keep to himself, but after he gets to know somebody, he warms up tot them.

After graduating at the TU Twente in the Netherlands, he went on to become a decent engineer in the contemporary armyof Holland. After a while, he was found to have noticed about the XCOM-project, and was approached for the job of engineer in the project, because he didn't have the training to be a soldier. He didn't get all that high in the engineering ladder, but does do a decent amount and gets a few jobs straight from Dr. Shen. He's also quite the observant one, and can notice smaller things.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an engineer, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:

Brian

First Name: Jym
Last Name: Samty
Position: Scientest
Description: Jym had always been a smart student. Ever since 4th grade, his grades have been Straight A's. He had always wanted to be a soilder, but he was not athletic. At all. So instead he went to college and finished at age 26. He was sitting on his couch when he decided to take a look at the news.
News Reporter: -and Government officals have said no word on the matter.
Jym then heres a knocking at the door.
Jym:I'm coming,I'm coming.
Jym opens the door and sees a man in a black suit.
Man: May I come in?
Jym:Who the hell are you?
Man:MAY I come in?
Jym:Fine.
Jym and the man sit at the table
Man: My name is John.
Jym:I am-
John: We know who you are.
Jym: We?
John: You are one of the most brilliant minds in the world.
Jym: Are you here to compliment me?
John: You really aren't that polite, are you?
Jym: I'm polite to people I know.
John: Listen, you have been selected for a top secret project called X-COM and-
Jym: HELL NO,I'M NOT GOING ON THE BATTLE FIELD!
John: You have been selected to be a scientist.
Jym: Oh. Do I get to study them?
John: *smile* And you get to cut them open.
Jym: Where do I sign up?

too_spooked

First Name: Roger (Formerly Xian Rui)
Last Name: Straten (Formerly Kai)
Date of Birth: 7 / June / 1976
Place of Birth: An unidentified town in China
Height: 175 cm ( abt. 5'9'' )
Weight: 76 kg ( abt. 168 lbs. )
Occupation precluding X-COM: An engineer who had expertise in both aerospace and vehicular engineering and experience in manufactured and thermal engineering. Worked with NASA for the construction of the International Space Station, the Orion spacecraft, and the Omega Pulse-Det Jet Fighter (classified)
Occupation in X-COM: Engineer subordinate to Dr. Shen
Biographical Synopsis: Among the almost one billion and growing citizens in the nation of China, there were hundreds of thousands of child labourers, thousands upon thousands who couldn't be guaranteed a fresh meal and many more without shelter or clean water. Back when, I was known by my peers as Xian Rui Kai, and I did not have what most in more fortunate nations like Germany or the United States had. I had a doll handcrafted from twine, and a broken toy that had forced me out of his job in a nearby factory. My parents had to sell me to labour to feed my younger brothers and sisters, and as the eldest child, I was expected to work the soonest. Nobody in his town had either the wealth or the time to take me up into their home, so I survived off of wits, cunning, theft and with my old friends and fellow orphans. I was a stray cat among stray dogs, laying low to survive and using whatever I had to make sure the dogs couldn't find and catch me. But like the occasional stray cat, there would be a kind person willing to give that cat and opportunity, a chance to be more than a stray among strays. That kindness came in the form of a travelling tourist named Jacques Straten, who was an environmental worker who had come to China to write about the monstrous conditions that both the environment and the citizens faced on a daily basis for his new book, titled 'The Trial of Humanity.' Coursing through his veins was the intuitive and higher thinking that would later be passed onto a fortunate orphan, which was me.

One time I had been scrounging all day with little luck, and my friends complained about me 'losing my touch.'

"Guys, I'll snatch whatever I can find, but I think the town is catching onto us." I claimed, and as I darted my eyes from person to person, checking who might have the best goodies for me and my squad of starved compatriots. I spied a man with a peculiar outfit and a smirk on his face. I was less concerned with who, but what he had on him. I spied something, and my squinted eyes opened up to a greedy gaze at what I saw. A candy bar, written in English, lay comfortably in his pocket. I scurried up to the man, and with precise fingers, I lightly plucked the bar out of the man's pocket.

The man did nothing, and as I thought he was none the wiser, the man turned around and acknowledged me.

"I understand why you need to steal." he spoke in a language that was familiar to me when I was a kid, the man spoke Cantonese. "But do you understand why I don't want you steal MY candy bar?" I stared at the man, with curiosity. "How would you like to go to place where you don't need to steal to live? If you want, you can come with me." The man offered, I listened intently as the man explained his purpose. After a few minutes of one-sided discussion, I compared the pros and cons, and decided to follow the stranger. It might seemed skeptical at first to most people, but I was a very clever young man, and he looked trustworthy enough. So, we forged a clever story to fool the border guards at an airport in a large city, far from my home town which got me the name of 'Roger Straten.' The guards believed our ruse, and with access to a plane departing to the United States, we awaited our arrival.

Arriving at an airport in New York, I soon realized that a great opportunity had come to me, and seizing it was possibly the best decision that I had made in my life. My street smarts and cunning easily made me a thriller among women, and my intelligence gave me the opportunity to learn English, go to public school, and head on into university. I still had the doll, which I crafted many years back, and with a new-found degree in Engineering, it was the only thing from China I still had with me. But as I had opened a door to America years ago, another one opened as my prowess in all things mechanical and my ravishing charm made me popular with famous scientists. But I wasn't just popular with regular scientists, an organization that had a much deeper scientific background than even the most esteemed scientists had called to me one morning (That's you guys) A man showed up at my doorstep, with a briefcase and a snappy suit, and spoke quietly and smoothly to me. "Roger, your prowess in Engineering, along with your intuition and ability to work very well with others has brought yourself to the attention of the organization I'm working with. We deal with a very special branch of science, one that could more easily determine the fate of humanity than anything else. We're hoping you'll take the opportunity to read the papers here; so you can consider if you want to be a part of this organization, the X-COM Project." I pried open the briefcase, and with a patient glance, I read over the contents within. This organization would draw upon every one of my strengths, and make use of every little weakness I had. I finished reading the papers, and understanding how much this organization would change his life, just as Jacques had changed it (God rest his soul) oh so many years back, I signed my name, and pledged my life toward this project, the X-COM Project.

(This is told from the perspective and memories of Roger Straten himself, not the X-COM organization.)
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an engineer, in the X-COM Project's engineering department. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:
First Name: Elijah
Last Name: Cainbridge
Place of Birth:
Norfolk, Virginia
Height: 5'11" Weight: 189 lbs.
Marital Status: Single

Biographical Synopsis: Sitting in the back of the black, four door sedan that would transport him to the air strip and from there to the undisclosed location of this Xcom facility, Elijah was just trying to block out the unjustified rambling of his driver.

"You know we read over your profile. You were member of ROTC all through high school and college. While in college you majored in social and neuropsychologists with aspirations of becoming a therapist who could diagnose and treat post traumatic stress disorder in soldiers. You finish your schooling in almost record time and thanks to some very detailed recommendations you land a top spot at Naval station Norfolk as lead Psychiatrist." He would pause for a moment to look back into the rear view mirror for any response out of the doctor. None though; the black haired, fairly young PHD. holder simply continued to stare out of the window eyes looking almost glazed over from lack of sleep. Smirking slightly the agent would continue. "That's when you met with what you were really confronting. Soldiers who'd seen hell and you were the one they were going to be vomiting up their souls on to. Later on that same year you would be legally diagnosed an insomniac and prescribed heavy sleep medication just to get some shut eye. What was it doc? Couldn't stomach the job? Did knowing that these people had gone through something so horrible, force the shrink to get a shrink?"He would say, chuckling a bit at his own humor before Elijah would speak up.

"Something like that, but at least there was something wrong with me." he would say eluding to something that the driver couldn't just ignore.

"What do you mean?"

"Well Mr. Cooper, Even without a file in front of me I can tell you have some military experience. 7 maybe 8 years of it. You have awards and at some point maybe even got to lead field operations of some importance. That was when you saw your first "shrink". Probably part of some protocol for moving up after a few successful deployments into fire zones. However things didn't go as planned. You were denied that promotion and diagnosed with PTSD that would mark the end of your military career. Now I don't know if someone just didn't want to see you advance, but what I can tell you is that you don't have PTSD. You've probably never even had a nightmare." He would clear his throat, not wanting to go to in detail without any proof. Just in time as well as the car would pull onto the run way where Elijah would lay eyes on what he would later know to be the skyranger. "Well I'm just a shrink so feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt. Thanks for the ride." Elijah would say before exiting the vehicle and starting over to the final half of a ride to a new life.

Alzdude28

Official File - Possible CENSORED personnel TOP SECRET
Name: Axel Müssenschinken PhD
Role: Engineer
Message: Commander CENSORED, We received your request for recommendations for staff to assist Dr. CENSORED and, in light of recent events, we are prepared to offer the services of Axel Müssenschinken.
Qualifications: PhD in aeronautical engineering from Dresden University of Technology
Official adviser to Project CENSORED
Lead the development of the CENSORED
Biography: A talented engineer, he received exemplary grades in all technological subjects over his time at school. Soon after graduation we approached him and recruited him to the CENSORED in a junior capacity and it soon became apparent that he held huge potential and so was invited to work on CENSORED, CENSORED, the NATO joint UAV project and CENSORED, each time in a more senior position. Despite his prowess in the workshop, he is resented by many of his colleagues and has been described as "Tyrannical, thoughtless and a nightmare to work with" despite this we do wholeheartedly recommend Müssenschinken as we have no doubt that advancements have been made that would otherwise have been decades away thanks to the input of Müssenschinken. While taking him on is risky to the integrity of the team, we are confident that it is a gamble that will pay off.

Axel put down the sheet of paper and looked at the man who had given it to him. "You seem to know what's important about me, I think i deserve some information too if I'm to work for you"
"I'm afraid that all information about the project is classified, Müssenschinken."
"So how do I know whether to accept? Mr...?"
"Odd, Commander Odd. You don't, trust me Axel, if i could tell you anything, I would. Unfortunately, if i told you I would have to have you killed."
Axel considered this, normally a remark like that he would dismiss as a joke, but there was something about the deadpan tone and steely gaze, that unnerved him. "So this is some kind of secret R&D project, It wouldn't be the first I've worked on, just read the file."
Commander Odd was silent for a second and then smiled. "I can guarantee that this is quite different to anything on Earth. Now I need an answer, are you in or not?"
"Well Commander, you've gained my interest. A secret project i am not permitted to know anything about that is completely different. Well, what do I have to lose?"
"Only your life Axel, Only your life. We have a Skyranger waiting. Are you coming?"
"Do I have a choice?"
"What do you think?"
"I think I'm going with you Commander"

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite engineer, in the X-COM project. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

BMPixy

First Name: Raymond
Last Name: Shen

Biographical Synopsis: Dr. Raymond Shen was flagged early for recruitment under the XCOM Project, as Chief Engineer, due to his decades of experience in various fields of engineering, having worked on the early development of the Space Shuttle programs, and being on the Committee on Artificial Intelligence Applications to Environmental Science, as two of his more notable achievements. He has, among his peers, a reputation as a devout seeker of knowledge, though saying that to him will result in his addition of the phrase, "as long as it does not cost us our humanity".

Born to a pair of Chinese immigrants in 1950s San Francisco as Shen An-yi, Shen did his best to attempt to blend into mainstream American society, going as far as to change his name to a more 'Americanized' one. He stifled a fair bit under his parent's strict Eastern mannerisms, which manifested in his rebellion via a brief stay in a commune during the hey-dey of the hippie movement. However, his involvement with the 60s revolutions was short-lived, as his conservative life-style did not mesh well with the freedom presented with the hippies. So he packed his bags, went to Caltech university, and graduated with three doctorates, one in Engineering, another in Computer Sciences, and the last in Information Technology.

Throughout the rest of the 20th century, Shen moved from project to project, having brief stints working with numerous companies and government organizations, though never quite settling. In a short-lived attempt at writing an autobiography (which he stopped working on, reasoning that he wasn't quite ready to tell an unfinished story), he said of himself that, "I possessed, and still do, a great sense of wanderlust. It never fades, no matter what great goal I am working on currently. Sometimes it feels like no feat of engineering inspired by man can quite satisfy me. Perhaps that could mean I have some greater goal." With the activation of the XCOM Project, Shen may find that greater goal.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite doctor of engineering, in the X-COM engineering bays. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

illTeMpErEd

Name: Bradisson, Bjorn

Position: Engineer

Bio: Bjorn Bradisson was born in Denmark, had a sister named Birla Bradidottir, a father named Bradi Apollosson, and a mother named Hadda Bjornsson. He was named after his mother's father Bjorn Bjorgsson. He had top grades throughout school and easily made it into a very prestigious school for engineering, where he had a 99 average. He worked hard towards his success, but it seems he is nothing shy of a genius, considering he spent a lot of his time in early school hanging out with his other friends. Although a lot of his time apart from school, studying, and social, was looking at mechanisms trying to figure out how they worked. His dad was a car mechanic and on take your kid to work day he took his kid and when he couldn't figure out what was wrong with a car, Bjorn was the one who figured it out and how to fix it. His social life, however, was ruined when he was forced to skip 3 grades from grade 9 to the university. He began work in the engineering business and found himself very successful when he worked as a car mechanic, then ended up working for the military designing and building more advanced weapons. When the extra-terrestrial attack came, he signed up to work for the XCOM project and was recommended to us by his superiors saying: "He can do more than us, the only reason he hasn't gotten our position is because he doesn't like being a boss or telling others what to do.

We are pleased to have him available for the position but the final decision of whether or not he will work here is on you, Commander Odd.

illTeMpErEd

Name: Bradisson, Bjorn

Position: Engineer

Bio: Bjorn Bradisson was born in Denmark, had a sister named Birla Bradidottir, a father named Bradi Apollosson, and a mother named Hadda Bjornsson. He was named after his mother's father Bjorn Bjorgsson. He had top grades throughout school and easily made it into a very prestigious school for engineering, where he had a 99 average. He worked hard towards his success, but it seems he is nothing shy of a genius, considering he spent a lot of his time in early school hanging out with his other friends. Although a lot of his time apart from school, studying, and social, was looking at mechanisms trying to figure out how they worked. His dad was a car mechanic and on take your kid to work day he took his kid and when he couldn't figure out what was wrong with a car, Bjorn was the one who figured it out and how to fix it. His social life, however, was ruined when he was forced to skip 3 grades from grade 9 to the university. He began work in the engineering business and found himself very successful when he worked as a car mechanic, then ended up working for the military designing and building more advanced weapons. When the extra-terrestrial attack came, he signed up to work for the XCOM project and was recommended to us by his superiors saying: "He can do more than us, the only reason he hasn't gotten our position is because he doesn't like being a boss or telling others what to do.

We are pleased to have him available for the position but the final decision of whether or not he will work here is on you, Commander Odd.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite doctor of engineering, in the X-COM engineering bays. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

DrSabatier

First : Gabriel
Last : Szczepan (Sh - zz - ee - pan)
Nationality : Poland
Engineer
Biographical Synopsis :
Born and raised in a poor blue collar family in Poland, Mr. Szczepan has been around machines his entire life. Immediately after finishing high school, he was given a scholarship to MIT, but with a catch. He would have to leave everything he had, his family, his friends, his job, his possessions, behind. All except one suitcase. He was willing to give up everything. He knew he would never see his family again, because they would never get enough money to buy a visa to visit him. After he finished getting his PhD in aeronautical engineering, he spent year helping to design and construct Project Cyklop, a top - secret Polish military project involving the neural linking of a military pilot's brain to a hyper - advanced stealth combat drone. Project Cyklop had varying degrees of success depending on the pilot. Though, after the fifteenth death, the project was scrapped and development team dismissed. Mr. Szczepan then moved into commercial engineering for six months before being contacted by X - COM.

Taugaunt

First Name: Abbygail (Abby for short)
Last Name: Penhallow
Appearance: 5'4 caucasian, shoulder length red hair and green eyes.
Place of birth: Drumheller, Alberta Canada
Position: XCOM Mechcanical engineer

Personal Bio: Failure that would have been the first thing most peapole would say about Abbygail Penhallow. She had spent 3 years at the Universaty of Alberta atempting to become a paleobotonist like her ansestor David P. Penhallow. She had sadly faild to pass most of her courses. After a few more years of testing out diffrent classes (phsycology, child care, phylosophy and chemistry) failling all of them, until the day she had finaly found something she could actualy do, mechanical engineering. It had turned out she was quite gifted at making machines, so gifted that she was recruited by the canadian military during her third year. During her two years with the military she was tasked with the developement of new bomb disposing robots. In the lab she had proven that her Dimetro MK 1 bomb disposing robots were amazingly effeciant. Until the day they were finaly used in the field. The Dimetro MK1's had proven to be an abismal failure, they had malfunctioned in the worst possible way instead of disarming bombs it would turn them into traps by giving a false "all's clear" and often luring soldiers to there death. The goverment having need to pin the blame on someone, chose the easiest option and blamed Abbygail. They claimed that she had purposely given fake bleuprints for the machines construction, Abbygail pleaded at her trail that she had done no such thing and that she was eather being framed or the factory workers had made the mistake. Her words had fallen on deaf ears and she was sentenced to life inprisonment for the deaths of 18 soldiers due to her invention. After having spent 2 years in prison she was given a deal from a secret organization who seemed to have found information that would clear her name. In exchange for the information she would have to work as an engineer for this so called XCOM. Not wanting to spend the rest of her life in prison and the promiss of working with machines she jumped at the opertunity and joined up.

Personality: Loves prehistory and machines, is often discribed as having a positive outlook on life even when it seems to hate her, angers quickly when the events around the Dimetro MK1 are mentioned, she has a bad habit of starting side projects that never get finished and is addicted to chocolate ice cream.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an Mechanical engineer, in the X-COM project. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:

Kefkaownsall

Kyoko Miki age 24 engineer or scientist
Kyoko was still delirious when she awoke barely making out a tall Caucasian man in his 30s.
"So Ms. Miki graduated top engineering student at Tokyo university impressive. Developed an LMG accurate enough to be fired from the hip really impressive. It's a shame you did all this working for EXALT."
"How did you know?"
"That is irrelevant but know that every nation on earth will kill you for high treason the moment you set foot in it. However with your skills we will offer you a chance for redemption. Join Xcom and you can live otherwise," he said calmly gesturing to a pistol, you die here.
"I swear I had no idea EXALT was planning terror ops I was just assuming they were researching the alien tech."
"Whether that is true is really irrelevant because essentially every government is considering you a high traitor. We found a needle on you. The drug would cause neural shutdown in 5 seconds. Remarkable suicide drug but the fact that you didn't use it when we caught you tells me you are not loyal. So you get a redemption."
Kyoko knew once she took up the offer her ties to EXALT were finished she would forever be a traitor to their cause.
"I'll do it."

Pledge:
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite mechanic, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Professor Conan Smith
Role: Engineer or Scientist
Mr. Smith has been a teacher at a University in Vancouver Canada teaching his Class the basics of Engineering, Robotics & Science for 5 years has handled some paperwork and working in ways to improve the standard ways of Robotics and one day two people ask to come for a job opportunity they have a fine good work plan and money to spend on gear and Mr. Smith had to flowing orders to his new Boss Commander Odd and the good Doctor Smith came with them as fast as he can.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite doctor, in the X-COM Project. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

MathNerdMatt

First Name: Matthew

Last Name: Carter

Height: 6’ 3”

Weight: 125 lb.

IQ: 203

Place of Birth: Wayzata, MN, USA

Physical Description: He is very tall but also very skinny. He has short brown hair, and blue eyes. His skin looks as if it has never seen the light of day.

Biographical Synopsis: Matthew had always been smart for his age group. His parents were both not very smart people and seeing that their son was a genius, they pushed him through school as fast as they could. They said it was so that he could realize his full potential. However, no matter how fast they pushed him he made it through without even pushing himself. By the age of 10 he had graduated High School and had written a scientific paper on the probability of intelligent alien life. By the age of 15, he graduated top of his class from MIT with two PhDs. One in Biology and another in Astronomy. He is now working at NASA and is the leading Astrobiologist in the world. As such, he was seen by X-COM as an important scientist to have on the project. He knows more about alien life than anyone else. Also, his skill with Anatomy and his work as a coroner throughout collage makes him the perfect candidate to preform autopsies. However, his “know it all” attitude and his sarcastic comments make him very hard to work with. Also he loves to procrastinate and put thing off. He spends most of his free time (and his work time) on websites such as Reddit and YouTube. He disrespects authority and is likely going to get in a lot of trouble with Valen. He would not have been chosen for this project if he was not necessary to the project’s success.

Psychological Analysis: He obviously has trouble with authority and he can’t seem to get it through his head that some people know more about some things then he does. Even when I was trying to do this analysis he would try to correct me about his state of mind. This state probably comes from constantly being told how smart he is. He seems to think that everything will always come easily to him. So far in his life this has probably been true. I will approve him for duty, but Valen will definitely need to straighten up his act.

Audio Recording:

Matthew: “Do I have to say this load of Bullshit? I’m not even going to be a soldier, I’m going to sit in the lab all day saving your Asses.”

X-COM Officer: “Just read the Damn Pledge.”

Matthew: Fine. “I have enlisted myself in XCOM. I’m going to follow the rules, Blah Blah Blah-“

X-COM Officer: “You must read it in full.”

Matthew: “Even the part about the ‘elite military soldier’? I am going to be a scientist, not a soldier.”

XCOM Officer: “It is standard for all employees of XCOM.”

Matthew: “You are just making me do this because you had to and all you do is make people repeat what you say. Are you really needed to save the world from aliens?”

X-COM Officer: “Yes”

Matthew: “Fine I’ll read the stupid Pledge. ‘I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM Special Forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander CristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.’ Is that good enough? Or should I salute at the end.”

XCOM Officer: “Perfect”

Status
Not open for further replies.