X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

Taxor_the_First

For the 4800th post in this thread, have Gem's Master Plan For Vanguard of Foreseti and the Future Revised (And Not Edited).

It's quite simple, really. In the month of January, we'll take care of this final "normal" set of 5 missions, and be working on character development secondary, but still there. Tomorrow and Sunday, or next weekend, I'll do Operation Scorched Earth with @Dahlexpert @Frostlich1228 and @BMPixy if he can make it. On the last week or two I'll do the twin base assault missions with @MarineAvenger and @ZombieSplitter53 @Black0ut . The rest of the stuff (the two missions involving @Taxor_the_First will just be worked on when we can, as will Operation Chain Lightning) fills in the gaps, including an aerial mission on The Einherjar if Pixy comes up with anything.

As for February, that's our "Calm Before the Storm" month. This will be your last chance to tie up character development! So for this month, the previous one, and the one after, DON'T YOU SLACK OFF ON FALLOUT4 OR EVEN XCOM2 IF YOUR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT ISN'T AT A SATISFACTORY POINT! I will likely get pissed, and won't accept any complaining about not being finished if you slack off - I won't accept myself complaining about it either!

Then in March, it's hammertime. I figured out a vague plan for how to merge both ending options and just end everything at Phase 3, so we're doing that. If I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO, I'll extend a week for character finalization and mission prep since this will just be equivalent to the Temple Ship Battle of last season. After that is completed we'll go to epilogues.

Said Epilogues may carry into April, but they shouldn't need to. This fourth month will be tying the knot for Vanguard of Forseti, and moving onto Liberation of Terra. (No that is not the story's official color. Ew.) We'll spent April finalizing character bios, the prequel, and information for the story that I learn from the actual game. Then we'll start either whenever everyone is ready, or at the beginning of May.

With that, I officially lift the hiatus.
(I'll be posting any content I've been neglecting on my end tomorrow though.)

Edit: (No one speak after this please, as it will be buried on a previous page otherwise! If you want to reply make sure to quote this so it shows up on the next page! To be more specific you can talk as long as at least one person has quoted this in a reply.)
Fine, I'll do it.

DarkGemini24601

And more content. You see, the illusion that I haven't done anything in more than a month is partially due to the fact that I was too lazy to finish and/or post half of the collabs I started.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Huge amount of content from me and ZOmbie for Rulers of Shambhala. You guys should really read it. The first part is Fox (adam) and Eve's life after XCOM and after that is Aya finally having to meet up with her past once more, and deal with the present.

Taxor_the_First

Enjoy it all you son of an aussie.
latest

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Guys, we were just mass spammed by a group of what I have counted three people. I have deleted the threads and banned the people, so hopefully no more of this spam shows up but if you see anything, please report it.

DarkGemini24601

Don't Panic: Read all of the following Members of Vanguard of Forseti.

Well, it's finally come to this. My heartfelt apologies fellow Vanguard members but this is where the main story comes to a close. I can't do it anymore. I've noticed (including myself) a lot of apathy towards the story, unavailability, etc. So here's the final plan:

We split up like someone had originally suggested. I'm enjoining that off camera we took down the Dapsilis TFD bases that some of those missions were meant to detail. I will do a writeup on results. The stuff in the Neutron Star thread will be moved into the Vanguard of Forseti one, then I'll post that conclusion writeup and state that any posts that follow will be more detailed versions of said missions as flashbacks of sort.

I'll be GMing the Neutron Star heading into uncharted space to hunt the elusive TFD (as expulsing them from Forseti was a victory but wasn't the end for the TFD). It will include any characters of mine and a few other rpers interested that aren't retired. Meanwhile I cede the Einherjar's story to Pixy. We can fight the TFD on another front or battle some other enemy entirely in starfighter missions. There might be another mini campaign directly by another person but that is just a possibility at the moment.

If you would rather retire any character(s) now because you feel their development is mostly over or just don't want to deal with them anymore you totally can. They'll return to Earth.

The war is over, some (I'll compile a list of who: PM me anyone you're retiring) will return home while the rest will do different things as space cops or defense forces at a more relaxed pace.

Taxor_the_First

Don't Panic: Read all of the following Members of Vanguard of Forseti.

Well, it's finally come to this. My heartfelt apologies fellow Vanguard members but this is where the main story comes to a close. I can't do it anymore. I've noticed (including myself) a lot of apathy towards the story, unavailability, etc. So here's the final plan:

We split up like someone had originally suggested. I'm enjoining that off camera we took down the Dapsilis TFD bases that some of those missions were meant to detail. I will do a writeup on results. The stuff in the Neutron Star thread will be moved into the Vanguard of Forseti one, then I'll post that conclusion writeup and state that any posts that follow will be more detailed versions of said missions as flashbacks of sort.

I'll be GMing the Neutron Star heading into uncharted space to hunt the elusive TFD (as expulsing them from Forseti was a victory but wasn't the end for the TFD). It will include any characters of mine and a few other rpers interested that aren't retired. Meanwhile I cede the Einherjar's story to Pixy. We can fight the TFD on another front or battle some other enemy entirely in starfighter missions. There might be another mini campaign directly by another person but that is just a possibility at the moment.

If you would rather retire any character(s) now because you feel their development is mostly over or just don't want to deal with them anymore you totally can. They'll return to Earth.

The war is over, some (I'll compile a list of who: PM me anyone you're retiring) will return home while the rest will do different things as space cops or defense forces at a more relaxed pace.
All of which alters my plans slightly. The secret santa Penny was running? All done. Everyone now has their gifts, should you choose to accept them. I still need to properly clarify some of those gifts - for example, I'm still working on Frost's and Pixy's. Bit awkward for Blackout and Mangrale since I hadn't actually gotten around to contacting either of you yet. Read the spoiler below for a summary of what the hell I'm on about.
Long story short, Penny, as resident queen of all that goes boom, was creating special gear for the player characters or, failing that, providing them with a gift (for example, a bottle of alcohol). Any weapon could be modded, any armor could be improved, or a piece of equipment could be manufactured, up to you. Pilots mostly excluded since that's Pixy's domain, but if there was a solid idea then I'd be up for providing it. PM me if you had an idea/wanted me to come up with one for you, but if you don't I will assume you aren't interested.

DarkGemini24601

Alright, I've come to a more concrete decision by consulting with friends, my therapist, and doing a good deal of introspection. While I do feel somewhat bad that I've made so many conflicting announcements in the past, I won't cowtow and grovel about it. Point is, you all have just had to bear with me as my thought process and stance toward Vanguard of Forseti has evolved and matured.

With XCOM2 coming up both as a game and a RP, I don't think I have time to actively seek to do a ton more with VoF, even it's spinoffs. Not only have I had a dearth of ideas in regards to it, but it seems like a lot of people have too. And even if some people do still have ideas for the story, without a direction for the central one (the pursuit of the TFD) I can't promise to support it.

So, basically, if you don't feel you've finished up the development of your characters and you don't want to bank on the low possibilities of me having time and motivation for the 'main' spinoff, then you're welcome to finish up your character development solo or with an interested party. Just consult with me to make sure it fits into the universe's lore and logic and all that jazz.

This is something I have to do for my mental health, for schoolwork, and in the interest of being mature about this. I'm not happy about having to cut some of my character development short either - I am certainly not finished with Sasha, Hermes, Irina, and Marianela. Unfortunately, I may not ever conclude their VoF stories on paper, though I've thought through how their stories end so many times that I've lost the will to see it through in text.

Speaking of which, that brings me to the topic on hand that this all leads into. With Vanguard of Forseti laid to rest, and it's spinoffs largely up to voluntary individual initiative, my main priority on Gamigon is none other than XCOM2. The lore thread is getting polished a bit, and will be completed by the time Chris gets his other two videos out and I have a chance to write up Trooper and Ambusher perk trees. I have the overarching story's skeleton in mind, and am currently polishing it.

However, I think more than half of us haven't finished our bios, and no one's had a chance to write Week -1's due to that yet. So I highly encourage everyone to start working on those things. Personal stuff comes first, but in regards to our RPs here on Gamigon, XCOM2 should be the first priority. In line with that priority, however, I have some broad questions for everyone. I'd like some feedback since the think tank has been a little dead lately. You don't necessarily have to answer all of these, and definitely not by name, I'd just love to hear everyone's thoughts. I will read everyone's feedback, I can absolutely promise that. I may not agree with everything said, but I will listen and interact. So don't be afraid to give me feedback. (If things are at risk of getting heated for whatever reason just remember to step away and ask me to do the same, or take it to a PM so it's not derailing the thread)

• What would you guys like to see from our XCOM2 RP?
  • What are you most looking forward to for that story?
  • What roadblocks are you having in writing your bios, if any?
  • What might you be worried about for Season 3?
  • What can I do to improve the experience?

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
What would you guys like to see from our XCOM2 RP?
More tits and ass
What are you most looking forward to for that story?
When everyone gets slaughtered and replaced by Pectoids
What roadblocks are you having in writing your bios, if any?
Traffic is really heavy, got a twelve man pile up and the state troopers are being bastards.
What might you be worried about for Season 3?
Not enough tits and ass
What can I do to improve the experience?
See reply 1 and 4, I think you get the message.

DarkGemini24601

Sorry about the silence, I've just been particularly upset at the loss of VoF... But at least I can get working on my X2 bios now... Yay...?
Like I said, you are still free to continue your stories in some capacity. The reason I didn't consult with everyone at large about the decision, but the problem is that over and over again I've been discouraged and it's gotten to a point where I can't be successful as a GM with VoF. Like Zombie told me, remember the fun you had with the story. Not all of our favorite TV shows get satisfying conclusions, but we still had fun watching them. Maybe someday we'll come back to it, to spinoff or try again, but for now we ought to look to the future. Speaking of which, I expect XCOM2 will start sometime... mid-march? That's my current projection. Gives us a little over a month to play the game so we can get acquainted to anything new.

BMPixy

• What would you guys like to see from our XCOM2 RP?
  • What are you most looking forward to for that story?
  • What roadblocks are you having in writing your bios, if any?
  • What might you be worried about for Season 3?
  • What can I do to improve the experience?

I'm just going to answer the questions that I can at the moment.

2 - The fact that this time around we have a bit more structure, as opposed to the enjoyable mess that was VoF. Plus, y'all know how much I like my moral ambiguity.
4 - That the problems we had will repeat themselves, despite our attempts to correct them. That, or we become too structured.
5 - Most - if not all - of what I can suggest has already been implemented in one shape or another. Though, as always, there is a massive 'unless I think of anything else' clause attached to that.

Also, on a semi-related note, I'd like everyone who wishes to remain involved/become involved with the Einherjar air campaign to arrive at the doc I'll link to down below around 7 EST tomorrow, if possible.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ywHNmJZQb_j-l5OeRY28LMBlWHDbpMTJA9fYi9A_aYE/edit?usp=sharing

Taxor_the_First

Oh.

Well.

In that case, I may as well reveal my secrets...
  • Penny is actually barren. I was midway through a post where I was going to hint at it before finally having her start whinging about it to her dad sometime in the future. I was still unsure whether or not her and Charles would end up with a kid at the end or not.
  • Slora became psionic off-camera, being the first of her hive capable of utilizing two separate psionic colors. Further development locked currently unless Gem wants to fill in this gap, since it heavily involves him. Endpoint was, if I had enough development for her, possibly killing her at the end. Without making her a more developed character, I would have allowed her to live.
  • Possibly the only secret any of you care about: the identity of the new Overseer. Anyone that has read even the first chapter of Judgement Day will have already met them. The new Overseer was none other than
    Coatl'Promethoth, usually referred to as "Azazel". Part of his development results in him changing this moniker to "Azrael" instead sometime in the past, which is what Trismegistus meant when she told the "avenging angel" not to interfere.
    Unlike last season I wasn't intending to hype this up as much, just thought it'd be a nice surprise.

DarkGemini24601

I'm just going to answer the questions that I can at the moment.

2 - The fact that this time around we have a bit more structure, as opposed to the enjoyable mess that was VoF. Plus, y'all know how much I like my moral ambiguity.
4 - That the problems we had will repeat themselves, despite our attempts to correct them. That, or we become too structured.
5 - Most - if not all - of what I can suggest has already been implemented in one shape or another. Though, as always, there is a massive 'unless I think of anything else' clause attached to that.

Also, on a semi-related note, I'd like everyone who wishes to remain involved/become involved with the Einherjar air campaign to arrive at the doc I'll link to down below around 7 EST tomorrow, if possible.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ywHNmJZQb_j-l5OeRY28LMBlWHDbpMTJA9fYi9A_aYE/edit?usp=sharing
2. Just know that if someone tries to pop a civie "to make sure they don't snitch" the Commander is probably not going to be incredibly happy with them. :rolleyes:

Edit: To be more general I mean that war crimes are still not okay on our side. XCOM as an organization is not free from consequences in the public eye, and neither are XCOM soldiers from their CO.

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

So dark here's a question, are we going to do Odd role play season? Considering that he actually does it.
I doubt he's going to do a RP here, but if for whatever reason he does, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I will say that if he indeed starts a RP it's going to be in his forum on Gamigon and it'll be seperate for ours. I won't cancel ours if he comes back, and I definetly would prefer anyone from our RP who wants to partake in his to use different characters so there's no confusion that Liberation of Earth and ChrisCom2 are two separate things.