X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

PrismaCube

Merry Christmas to the lot of you. Glad to see you are all doing okay and are still posting nonsense and funny shit on here ^^ Even without my being here. I hope you are all having as great of a Christmas as I'm having.

I have decided to swing around every once and again for special events such as holidays just to wish you guys all well.

Just to keep you guys to date. She said yes! We are getting married next year in February, at least that is what we planned.

Anyway gotta go, have to work today on my birthday :/

I might swing around on new years again. Until then happy holidays.

-Colin

Frostlich1228

Silent Night, Recon Site

All is calm, Squad in flight

Round yonder ship bridge, beacon applied

Whale-y cargo, so quick multiplied

Bombs incoming released

Sleep in Insect-like peace

(I didn't write this myself, I found it.)

Dahlexpert

Merry Christmas to the lot of you. Glad to see you are all doing okay and are still posting nonsense and funny shit on here ^^ Even without my being here. I hope you are all having as great of a Christmas as I'm having.

I have decided to swing around every once and again for special events such as holidays just to wish you guys all well.

Just to keep you guys to date. She said yes! We are getting married next year in February, at least that is what we planned.

-Colin
Congratulations prisma, hope the marriage goes well.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member

-Colin
@PrismaCube is cheating on me! Senpai is mine and mine alone!!!

Dahlexpert

@PrismaCube is cheating on me! Senpai is mine and mine alone!!!

Hay @MarineAvenger .

hqdefault.jpg

Dahlexpert

I would like to show everyone a very special kind of Christmas, my a scarlet kind of Christmas. If scarlet was a yandary, you get the point. Timmy roll it.

Taxor_the_First

So I was re-reading some of the stuff I posted in SoD, back in my old documents (I was looking for something and got distracted) and I came across this little exchange:
“I’m proud of you, you know,” Isaac said after a while. “If it weren’t for you, X-COM wouldn’t have had the firepower they did.”

Penny waved a hand dismissively. “Someone else would have cracked it eventually.”

upload_2015-12-25_21-11-42.png

... evidently not.

DarkGemini24601

Well... I did three mission briefings, out of six, so far (excluding specific NPC soldiers since I didnt have access to the gdocs :O). Though I am proud to announce I've revamped the overview format to a muchh more follow-able format. It looks nice, it hopefully reads nice, and it'll work for X2 as well as VoF.

DarkGemini24601

Today is my travel day home. I'll be taking a few days to get everything in order once I get home (the latter few of which I may seek out a collab or two) and then I'll lift the hiatus.

Frostlich1228

I've been doing so much this week that I've barely had any time for my Bios...!
So much traveling, so much shopping, so much everything...
:(

DarkGemini24601

Home, but not quite lifting the hiatus yet due to a need to finish getting stuff ready on my end. I will show off the new Mission Overview though! Things in parentheses are what it would be in X2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XSDF Mission Parameters (XCOM Mission Parameters)

Operation Name
Mission Type
Time and Date

System (Continent)
Planet (Country)

Deployment Zone

XSDF Forces (XCOM Forces)

Teams and Number of Troops

List of Soldiers

Available Gear

Mission Briefing

-Informative Text-

Numbered Objective List

Environmental Hazards

Terrain Overview

Civilian Presence

Known Enemies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DarkGemini24601

So lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking on the state of the stories I'm running and participating in. I went back and forth from despair and loss of confidence to determination and confidence. But I realize what felt off, what was bothering me. That things were getting - at least for me - too predictable. I planned too much in advance and when things didn't work out it became harder and harder to compensate. I have a plan for VoF now though that's simple and flexible.

Stage 1 - Will involve the missions I'm currently working on. This is a period both for character development and combat, but in it we will be sticking it to the TFD. Some victories at last, which will lead into S2.

Stage 2 - The calm before the storm. This will occur once we're finished with S1, and last for however long we need to get our characters to the point where an epilogue could resolve the rest of their stuff if need be. (If X2 doesn't start until Summer that's completely fine at this point, this needs to suceed for that to suceed in my mind).

Stage 3 - The whirlwind. I won't spoil what happens here, but I will say that this COULD be the final ending if need be.

Stage 4 (Opt) - If I feel that there's merit in going beyond S3, and enough people agree, then we go on. This will be like S1, with some battle and final character development. The true epilogue after this wouldn't really need to wrap anything up, and would just be a farewell only.

Stage 5 - The 'true' final battle, if it is deemed proper to do it.

DarkGemini24601

Here's the X2 bio template, by the way. Forgot to post this several times, use it if you want to. If not, at least have something that looks similar - don't make the bio for a character you'll use for months too short, as always.

Name:
Role:
Sex:
PoB:
Race:
Nationality:
Height:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Hair Style :
Eye Color:
Immediate Family: