X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

PrismaCube

So here is a question, I was thinking of a short story I could eventually write while I was walking home today at 23:30. Then I thought about it a little more and thought maybe you guys would also be interested. It has nothing to do with XCOM, but is more of a challenge that you can do yourself. So if anyone is interested what the challenge is I will reveal the challenge if there are more than five people participating, if not then I will just make it a challenge of my own and see if anyone noticed anything.

And I also want to post a reminder about characters for the picture that I wanted to draw. Still missing some from a few people.

Alzdude28

So here is a question, I was thinking of a short story I could eventually write while I was walking home today at 23:30. Then I thought about it a little more and thought maybe you guys would also be interested. It has nothing to do with XCOM, but is more of a challenge that you can do yourself. So if anyone is interested what the challenge is I will reveal the challenge if there are more than five people participating, if not then I will just make it a challenge of my own and see if anyone noticed anything.

And I also want to post a reminder about characters for the picture that I wanted to draw. Still missing some from a few people.
The challenge sounds interesting.

DarkGemini24601

I haven't forgotten, just need to compile a proper description. Did you specify a template in the original post, or should I just give you any information I can?

PrismaCube

I haven't forgotten, just need to compile a proper description. Did you specify a template in the original post, or should I just give you any information I can?

That was just a small example, your own information should be good enough, if I need anything else I will just go ahead and ask.

Adrammalech

So this is a post that some people might have been expecting, and I was really trying to get around, but its about time that I face the music.

With full-time work and university competing for almost all of my time and consistently getting harder, I don't have the necessary time to participate meaningfully here anymore. The role I tried to take was optimistic for me back when I had three classes and no job, and although I've talked about diluting the character amount, even with one character I won't have the time to catch up and maintain reading most of the story, which isn't really fair for all of you. I had a lot of hopes going into this to take a larger role in the story than was possible with Emily. It hurts to let go of the ideas I had for these characters, and even more to burden you guys with the remnants and break up the connections I had been drawing since the start. But I think it would be better to divide/fade away my characters now than to continue being an absentee member that people are waiting on. If anyone wants to adopt a certain character in particular, please message me; otherwise I'll send out some messages later on tomorrow to people I'd like to see behind the reins. I'm sorry everyone. :(

Abigail Kirchner: Available
Tess Ryan: Adopted by Alzdude28
Tabitha Le'talla: Available
Taoming Wang: Available
Khorochar: Available

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

So this is a post that some people might have been expecting, and I was really trying to get around, but its about time that I face the music.

With full-time work and university competing for almost all of my time and consistently getting harder, I don't have the necessary time to participate meaningfully here anymore. The role I tried to take was optimistic for me back when I had three classes and no job, and although I've talked about diluting the character amount, even with one character I won't have the time to catch up and maintain reading most of the story, which isn't really fair for all of you. I had a lot of hopes going into this to take a larger role in the story than was possible with Emily. It hurts to let go of the ideas I had for these characters, and even more to burden you guys with the remnants and break up the connections I had been drawing since the start. But I think it would be better to divide/fade away my characters now than to continue being an absentee member that people are waiting on. If anyone wants to adopt a certain character in particular, please message me; otherwise I'll send out some messages later on tomorrow to people I'd like to see behind the reins. I'm sorry everyone. :(

Tess Ryan: Available
episode-8-see-you-space-cowboy.jpg

We understand. And naturally, that offer is open primary to people that aren't over the character limit. If anyone has five characters and wants to take on one of Ramma's, I might allow it, but we'll talk about it.

And, naturally Ramma, if your time frees up come XCOM2, you'll be welcome back then.

PrismaCube

Tess Ryan: Available

Woah, Deja-vu...

No worries buddy, I have the same problems, hence why I do not really RP. However I do hope that you can still stay active, not in the RP but just here where we can chat and enjoy ourself. ^^

I can assure you it does not take all to much time out of your life. Most of the day from waking up at five AM to sleeping at eleven PM, all I do is work and learn. However I find the time for five minutes to come on here and bother someone with some anime gif's. :p

Adrammalech

Woah, Deja-vu...

No worries buddy, I have the same problems, hence why I do not really RP. However I do hope that you can still stay active, not in the RP but just here where we can chat and enjoy ourself. ^^

I can assure you it does not take all to much time out of your life. Most of the day from waking up at five AM to sleeping at eleven PM, all I do is work and learn. However I find the time for five minutes to come on here and bother someone with some anime gif's. :p

I'll still be in the think tank from time to time. Probably a little more to be honest, now that I won't have to feel guilty about not having time to participate.

PrismaCube

Okay, a few people were still interested in the challenge so I guess I will post it anyway, no need to participate, but I know once I'm finished with my short story (Chapter 2 going up on Friday) I will try this challenge.

Okay, so while I was walking home very later at night I was surprised as to how I have not crossed a single human for 30 minutes in the city. I thought about how this is probably what it would be like in the zombie apocalypse. Then on my phone the song Funeral from Band of Horses...

...came on and it was just so relaxing. That is what I was thinking about then during that moment. Middle of the Night, walking through the city. Listening to relaxing music, during a zombie apocalypse.

So this is the challenge that I thought of. Make a story up, and hide something in it. Where it is noticeable that it is in there, but never actually mention it.

As for my weak example here.

I was walking down the street very late last night, not a single human was walking around. The next song came on and it reminded me of the good old days. It sure was a relaxing song considering what has happened. You should be careful walking around. Yet here I'm walking down in the middle of the street listening to music. How long will I be able to still enjoy this...

(Like I said very poor example sorry, but basically I was trying to hide it here that there is a zombie apocalypse.)

Alzdude28

Okay, a few people were still interested in the challenge so I guess I will post it anyway, no need to participate, but I know once I'm finished with my short story (Chapter 2 going up on Friday) I will try this challenge.

Okay, so while I was walking home very later at night I was surprised as to how I have not crossed a single human for 30 minutes in the city. I thought about how this is probably what it would be like in the zombie apocalypse. Then on my phone the song Funeral from Band of Horses...

...came on and it was just so relaxing. That is what I was thinking about then during that moment. Middle of the Night, walking through the city. Listening to relaxing music, during a zombie apocalypse.

So this is the challenge that I thought of. Make a story up, and hide something in it. Where it is noticeable that it is in there, but never actually mention it.

As for my weak example here.

I was walking down the street very late last night, not a single human was walking around. The next song came on and it reminded me of the good old days. It sure was a relaxing song considering what has happened. You should be careful walking around. Yet here I'm walking down in the middle of the street listening to music. How long will I be able to still enjoy this...

(Like I said very poor example sorry, but basically I was trying to hide it here that there is a zombie apocalypse.)
I like the sound of this. Time to get thinking.

Also, listening to music after the apocalypse? Makes me want to start singing...
*I don't want to set the wooooooorld on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire....*

PrismaCube

Quick guys, enjoy the last five days you get to spend with me because Fallout 4 is just around the corner. MY HYPE CAN'T CONTAIN ITSELF!!!!!!

C5lTMbx.gif

Dahlexpert

So just got done doing a colabe with Zombie, so if you want to see Noire meet Korra brother and see what she does go check it out.

DarkGemini24601

And here's a collab from me and Marine. Was sitting on this one for about a day since school has been beating me like a baseball bat. At least by noon tomorrow it's practically over. (If anyone wants to start a collab over conversations after noon central tomorrow hit me up!)

Yes, that includes you Blackout.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
And here's a collab from me and Marine. Was sitting on this one for about a day since school has been beating me like a baseball bat. At least by noon tomorrow it's practically over. (If anyone wants to start a collab over conversations after noon central tomorrow hit me up!)

Yes, that includes you Blackout.
*Smacks over head multiple times with frying pan.* Sorry! All outta morphine!