X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

People I'm doing collabs with, going to have to pick up later this evening. Currently losing all my energy and becoming incredibly lethargic, can't write anymore.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
OKay, um... I'm an idiot. There was something I was supposed to post after the mission with Korra. I've mentioned the results of it in later posts, like Korra's brother being allowed to talk to her and the two captured Tamearins, but like a moron, I never posted it. So... I guess I'll post it now. Better late than never. Just pay attention to the date on it (so sorry for anyone who was confused).

DarkGemini24601

OKay, um... I'm an idiot. There was something I was supposed to post after the mission with Korra. I've mentioned the results of it in later posts, like Korra's brother being allowed to talk to her and the two captured Tamearins, but like a moron, I never posted it. So... I guess I'll post it now. Better late than never. Just pay attention to the date on it (so sorry for anyone who was confused).
You did post that! I remember you did.

DarkGemini24601

Penny moved over to another desk, where a dismantled particle rifle lay, pieces separate so as to define them. “Thanks to the soldiers, we got a few intact ones to look around. We worked out that the weapons operated by first requiring pulse laser technology. In order to extend the range before the antimatter particle hits a matter particle and fizzles out as designed, it fires a pulse laser directly designed to repel matter, with the exception of a few molecules and atoms necessary for the particle to actually travel, like a wave needs water. The particle is generated by a tesseract, which…” At that point she noticed Isaac’s brow furrow, and she realized he probably wouldn’t follow the explanation of that particular phenomenon. “… the spinny thing creates the ammo,” she said darkly, before moving over to another desk, this time with a dismantled fusion rifle atop it.

“Fusion weapons were a little easier,” she said, indicating the orange barrel of the weapon. “since they work on almost the same principles as a normal star. Once you work out the nuclear mechanics, it’s just a case of giving the flare somewhere to go.”

“I wouldn’t understand those ‘mechanics’, would I?” Isaac asked somewhat boredly.

“Probably not,” Penny replied cheerfully. “All you need to know is that it works in roughly the same way as your average solar flare, thought currently it lacks a few of the effects, like electronic interference.” She frowned. “Need to figure out why the particle beams have those but not fusion flares. Having an effect similar to an EMP just in firing a normal weapon could come in handy. Hopefully it’s not something prevented by the firing sequence.” A shrug, and another smile. “Sorry, always thinking of new things.”
Also, genius. I did not come up with the vast majority of this.

DarkGemini24601

Guys, I think I found Atka. :p
WomenPants1002_01.jpg