X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I'd argue I did a worse job at that. I'll admit a certain... inexperience with antagonistic but non-villainous characters, so I tend to... go too far or not far enough.

DarkGemini24601

And for the whole android thing, I dont approve of it on the slightest. While I may share some of elicia's fears, exisiting androids should have human rights even if production needs limits.

But just because we feel that its wrong, doesn't mean we can ignore that they're not given those rights. That's somethinng that is up to the characters to change, and hopefully through more means than just "EE and Cross Tech use their influence to..." Because that makes those companies sound evil for influencing policy like lobbyists and isn't realy... Organic (pun semi intended)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
This is where being a fan of Star Trek comes in handy. Both TNG and Voyager had an episode dealing with A.I. rights, one with Data's right (as an android) to chose not to be dismantled, asking if he was an individual or Star Fleet property, and one about the Voyager's Doctor's right (as a hologram) to ownership of something he made, asking if he was sentient or just an extension of the Ship's computer. There was a certain excitment to those episodes that would have been lost without people having to defend their positions.

Frostlich1228

This is where being a fan of Star Trek comes in handy. Both TNG and Voyager had an episode dealing with A.I. rights, one with Data's right (as an android) to chose not to be dismantled, asking if he was an individual or Star Fleet property, and one about the Voyager's Doctor's right (as a hologram) to ownership of something he made, asking if he was sentient or just an extension of the Ship's computer. There was a certain excitment to those episodes that would have been lost without people having to defend their positions.

But we can't defend our position with her looming her power over all of our heads, we just have to shut up and take this space racism and it's painful.

We say something about it and she goes, "You're fired" "You're in the brig." "Demotion"

DarkGemini24601

But we can't defend our position with her looming her power over all of our heads, we just have to shut up and take this space racism and it's painful.

We say something about it and she goes, "You're fired" "You're in the brig." "Demotion"
Characters could mention these things to each other, but when an individual comes up to the commander expecting a single meeting to change her ways, then yes Astasha will be pissed.

Zombie, you think I should tell them the plan at this point? Im getting in the mode of "fuck suspense because people are overreacting".

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Eh... that's more paranoia at that point. She hasn't technically done that to anyone yet.

Characters could mention these things to each other, but when an individual comes up to the commander expecting a single meeting to change her ways, then yes Astasha will be pissed.

Zombie, you think I should tell them the plan at this point? Im getting in the mode of "fuck suspense because people are overreacting".
Not yet. Just know that there are plans in place.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member

And Frost, even if that did happen, that is what happens all over the world and has happened in civil rights movements, they weren't sunshine, rainbows and lollipops.

DarkGemini24601

And Frost, even if that did happen, that is what happens all over the world and has happened in civil rights movements, they weren't sunshine, rainbows and lollipops.
Well, the gay marriage movement had plenty of rainbows...

But in all seriousness, good point. Shpuldn't be a gutless movement to start out, it should require some courage.

And people in general arent robo racists. There are just so precious few ais that people are afraid to give them rights without making sure they dont go someWhat Skynet on us if there get to be too many.

Frostlich1228

I don't want to say anything because I'm going to make someone mad or upset.

I've scrapped several paragraphs of writing in the last 30 minutes but I cant' stand the thought of upsetting any of you, so I don't have the guts to post them.

DarkGemini24601

Frost, go ahead, because I need to know why this is so upsetting. Right now I dont underatand why we arent allowed to have much drama with the Commander without this sort of reaction.

Frostlich1228

X-com won the war because they had a kind, passionate leader that took the considerations of everyone at heart and saw the best in people. I feel like if Astasha was in Morrigan's place, we would have lost, hard. Because she's so much of a bitch, that no one, no one, wants to follow her orders, so much so that people are actively plotting against her. In fact, I has just assumed up to this point, that we were going to munity, kick her off the ship, make the Central officer the new commander, and she would become a villain, but I guess that's not the case. I've liked villains from SoD more than her. Hell, even Viktor, seems like less of an asshole than her, and he literally raped someone.

I think she's the first character I would consider Anti-fun. If she was a soldier and acted like that, it'd be interesting, but give her the power to silence anyone she pleases and it just becomes infuriating, it gives me such a headache to just read a post with her in it. Her rules heavily limit things we can do in the Rp, multiple characters have been jailed so we can't do things with them, you'd have to actually worship her if you ever wanted to get a single point across without getting evicted from the project.

That's like if in Star Trek, Picard was the one who thought Data was a object, and anyone who tried to get him to see why he is wrong, was booted out the airlock.

DarkGemini24601

X-com won the war because they had a kind, passionate leader that took the considerations of everyone at heart and saw the best in people. I feel like if Astasha was in Morrigan's place, we would have lost, hard. Because she's so much of a bitch, that no one, no one, wants to follow her orders, so much so that people are actively plotting against her. In fact, I has just assumed up to this point, that we were going to munity, kick her off the ship, make the Central officer the new commander, and she would become a villain, but I guess that's not the case. I've liked villains from SoD more than her. Hell, even Viktor, seems like less of an asshole than her, and he literally raped someone.

I think she's the first character I would consider Anti-fun. If she was a soldier and acted like that, it'd be interesting, but give her the power to silence anyone she pleases and it just becomes infuriating, it gives me such a headache to just read a post with her in it. Her rules heavily limit things we can do in the Rp, multiple characters have been jailed so we can't do things with them, you'd have to actually worship her if you ever wanted to get a single point across without getting evicted from the project.

That's like if in Star Trek, Picard was the one who thought Data was a object, and anyone who tried to get him to see why he is wrong, was booted out the airlock.
Okay, I think you need to cool down if you're saying that she's worse than Viktor. That doesn't make sense, and speaks of you being angry.

Frost, this is a story we do for fun. If other people legitimately feel Astasha is anti fun, then I might be severely worried, but no one else has.

Let me divulge some minor secrets here, and Im gonna go ahead and PM you a big secret in private since I think itd help you calm down.

Me and Dahl planned what happened to Cassi. He didnt like how Astasha acted, so I suggested Cassia could talk shit and get thrown in the brig (though she's not gonna be kicked out of thhe XSDF... If anyone actualy thought I was gonna do away with a character just like that then you mixed me up with a character im playing. I AM NOT ASTASHA.)

And the same goes for the stuff woth Ezra. It is going to be resolved, i didnt think anyone actually thought those punishments were permanent just because astasha said so.

Dahlexpert

Okay, I think you need to cool down if you're saying that she's worse than Viktor. That doesn't make sense, and speaks of you being angry.

Frost, this is a story we do for fun. If other people legitimately feel Astasha is anti fun, then I might be severely worried, but no one else has.

Let me divulge some minor secrets here, and Im gonna go ahead and PM you a big secret in private since I think itd help you calm down.

Me and Dahl planned what happened to Cassi. He didnt like how Astasha acted, so I suggested Cassia could talk shit and get thrown in the brig (though she's not gonna be kicked out of thhe XSDF... If anyone actualy thought I was gonna do away with a character just like that then you mixed me up with a character im playing. I AM NOT ASTASHA.)

And the same goes for the stuff woth Ezra. It is going to be resolved, i didnt think anyone actually thought those punishments were permanent just because astasha said so.

Yea I didn't like the commander so me and Gemini would agree that Cassia shoud talk shit to her. since out of every she's the only one that can do it and get no reparations out of it.

Dahlexpert

Ok, I want to get my two cents in on this Morrgiam and Astasha thing.

I think Morrgian was great for Sod, because when the world is in danger and your race is near extension you would want a commander that can get along with there solders for moral reasons. Also Morrgian was very patient and i fell Morrgian wanted to see the good in people.

For instance when Scarlet threatened Morrgian yes she did have guards come but she talked to Scarlet and convened her to take a drug to eras her memory and leave peace full.

And for Desmond, Morrgian didn't just kill Desmond the second she knew he was working with EXALT. The point is Morrgian was very patient.

And then you have Astasha, she demands that people fallow her orders if the don't then they go to the brig. She is also an alien raciestye, does she have good reasons to hate the aliens yes but she has been accused of abuse of by aliens if I read her bio right.

The point is you can't really fallow a person who has an abrasive attitude, you would think this person doesn't care for your life and is only worried about getting the mission done.

No I know this was Zombies character, and I have no Idea what Zombie had plan for this character. But I would say you may have mad this character just a little bit to harsh.

And to Frost, no one is worse then Viktor.

Frostlich1228

On other note, now I have more sleep and some breakfast. I haven't seen Alz in three days, which sucks because I did a collab with him over the hiatus, but he told me not to post it until I got his go ahead. So I've got this really good collab just sitting around and it's kinda a bummer. :p

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Trip to Myrtle Beach, SC is now under way and I do hope I find this enjoyable... Anyways, gotta 12 hour drive and then a week of vacation.