X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

>alloy maces
>swords
>atom pikes

Jesus christ, throw in a chainsword, oversized pauldrons and a stern frown and I can guarantee our new class is the Space Marine.
Well, hopefully only the middle and maybe the 3rd ones are actually going to be a thing. Right now its just the 2nd option.

Gisherino

Slap a Vigil Confido on this magnificent beast and we have our new class, sir.

Gisherino

I was mostly joking, but maby some late-game genetic research can lead to the formation of an XCOM-brand Adeptus Astartes. Provided that MELD is still around..

DarkGemini24601

I was mostly joking, but maby some late-game genetic research can lead to the formation of an XCOM-brand Adeptus Astartes. Provided that MELD is still around..
I've heard sources that it isn't in-game (though I am having trouble believing that since gene therapy is a thing, maybe XCOM just can't get access to it easily anymore? or at least not early game?) but in our RP, it WILL be.

I have a different idea of military-grade MELD and regular MELD. The regular stuff is made with simple mineral salts and metals and is used for medicine and such, whereas the military stuff comes from more complex and rare materials but is capable of bonding machine and living tissue, altering chemical and mineral makeups, and combining all sorts of stuff for combat genetic mods.

Adrammalech

Bah, give me a good pike or spear over any of those. Easy to learn, good at keeping your foes at a distance, when used in formation it's wonderful for taking down charges of both infantry and cavalry; hell, there's a reason it was the dominant weapon of nearly every pre-firearms society. And even now, we still turn our guns into spears with the wonderful addition of a bayonet.

screenshot2010-11-03at61634am.png

Your pike is now a staff. :cool:

DarkGemini24601

Alright, there is the first two thirds of the mission. How does the other, last third go? Find out in five hours.

i-am-not-kidding.jpg

Enjoy your wait, nerds.

Mangrale

Alright, there is the first two thirds of the mission. How does the other, last third go? Find out in five hours.

i-am-not-kidding.jpg

Enjoy your wait, nerds.
Well I'll be seeing all them thirds later on. :)
I'd say it was fun, but Gem was doing pretty much all of the work. So credit where it's due: it may have been my first mission cameo, but it was his latest in many missions. So give it up for the commander.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Damn it, damn it, damn it! I hate when I forget to update this thread, and I miss 33 new messages.

...sigh... oh well. How about a joke?

A teenage girl with long, orange hair, a camel with humps spewing fire and lava, a hell-hound from the dark depths of the Inferno, and a whale way too big to fit in a restaurant... walk into a restaurant to eat and fight at a cost of 90,000 dollars...

...and I realize, for not the first time, how silly the Pokemon universe is.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Damn it, damn it, damn it! I hate when I forget to update this thread, and I miss 33 new messages.

...sigh... oh well. How about a joke?

A teenage girl with long, orange hair, a camel with humps spewing fire and lava, a hell-hound from the dark depths of the Inferno, and a whale way too big to fit in a restaurant... walk into a restaurant to eat and fight at a cost of 90,000 dollars...

...and I realize, for not the first time, how silly the Pokemon universe is.
a5b.png

DarkGemini24601

Alright, mission may not be completed until tomorrow, after which I'll have that post I promised the other day up. Hiatus (aside from those) is re-engaged, though, visiting a family member that may potentially pass away on me soon as well. Should be back on the weekend or after the weekend, but I may return to minor availability before that if I get to stay in the hotel room for the latter half of the trip. If that is the case, I'll just go ahead and lift the hiatus and let some more time pass before we make it to the big mission before Forseti.

(Though I'll probably need someone to edit the dates for me since accessing one gdoc alone on my tablet is a nightmare, let alone two. Most collabs I'd do would rather be over conversations here on mobile...)

Frostlich1228

Alright, mission may not be completed until tomorrow, after which I'll have that post I promised the other day up. Hiatus (aside from those) is re-engaged, though, visiting a family member that may potentially pass away on me soon as well. Should be back on the weekend or after the weekend, but I may return to minor availability before that if I get to stay in the hotel room for the latter half of the trip. If that is the case, I'll just go ahead and lift the hiatus and let some more time pass before we make it to the big mission before Forseti.

(Though I'll probably need someone to edit the dates for me since accessing one gdoc alone on my tablet is a nightmare, let alone two. Most collabs I'd do would rather be over conversations here on mobile...)

If you want to talk about your feelings with me, just Pm me and I'll be happy to try and make you feel better. :)

Taxor_the_First

I'm assuming no new characters are being accepted for XSDF?
I believe you are incorrect, and that we are fine with late starters. As I'm not the GM, it's entirely possible I'm wrong, but I do believe we'd be fine with that. There's just a few things you'd need to do first:

1. Read the lore and rules thread and characters thread. Links to both can be found in Gem's signature, or within the XCOM section on this site.
  2. Once you've finalized your character for yourself, finalize it with Gem via PM. Make sure you expunge your secrets and anything you think he should be aware of regarding your character, lest you do it later on and it causes conflict (eg, eye lasers are not a recommended character trait). I'd advise making the character bio with notes for the GM that you remove when you eventually post.
  3. Make sure you've got enough time to devote to this (probably should have been step 1 now that I think of it). We can't have you joining in then dropping off the face of the Earth. Recommended posting frequency... I'd say maybe once per week? (Said while blatantly failing that rate) Subject of course to your own individual circumstances/RP hiatus. We're pretty flexible on that, just don't go completely silent and there'll be no problems.
  4. ???
  5. Profit
I may, of course,have missed something, and if that's the case someone can correct me and execute me as you see fit.

DarkGemini24601

I believe you are incorrect, and that we are fine with late starters. As I'm not the GM, it's entirely possible I'm wrong, but I do believe we'd be fine with that. There's just a few things you'd need to do first:

1. Read the lore and rules thread and characters thread. Links to both can be found in Gem's signature, or within the XCOM section on this site.
  2. Once you've finalized your character for yourself, finalize it with Gem via PM. Make sure you expunge your secrets and anything you think he should be aware of regarding your character, lest you do it later on and it causes conflict (eg, eye lasers are not a recommended character trait). I'd advise making the character bio with notes for the GM that you remove when you eventually post.
  3. Make sure you've got enough time to devote to this (probably should have been step 1 now that I think of it). We can't have you joining in then dropping off the face of the Earth. Recommended posting frequency... I'd say maybe once per week? (Said while blatantly failing that rate) Subject of course to your own individual circumstances/RP hiatus. We're pretty flexible on that, just don't go completely silent and there'll be no problems.
  4. ???
  5. Profit
I may, of course,have missed something, and if that's the case someone can correct me and execute me as you see fit.
My only amendment is that we do write our own missions so if you're going to play a soldier I need to be able to rely on your to come and play your character for those.

And I am the main GM if you habe any questions. If I'm not available MarineAvenger of BMPixy can help as my assistants, and Tax is basically the night watchman for people of old world time zones at this point.