X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

Adrammalech

Might I suggest to never play Crusader Kings 2, it can drive you so mad and up the wall you will have no mercy for any family members in that game, when they are the cause for a world war in the 8th century, after cleaning up that hell of a mess I just exectued him with no second thought if it was my brother or what other people thought of it. I'm furious right now. All I'm trying to do is build up an Empire, but no everybody has to mess with me, and noone learns that when someone messes with my dynesty they usual come back one head shorter. xD I hate this game.

It'll make you hate extended family the most. One time one of my kings had ELEVEN children somehow, no matter what I did, I couldn't stop the lad. Then two of his kids somehow wound up marrying each other through some step-relationship, and made this inbred nephew and trained him with the top Intrigue school and somehow made him a Satanist who heard Jesus talking to him. Then for that generation, I had this psychotic demon-possessed inbred half-nephew murdering all my kids and wives in a quest to move him up the chain of like 16 other inheritors before him. And the sick part was, somehow, in this vast web of children other than my main line, he became Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire for a year before being deposed.

Last edited:

PrismaCube

It'll make you hate extended family the most. One time one of my kings had ELEVEN children somehow, no matter what I did, I couldn't stop the lad. Then two of his kids somehow wound up marrying each other through some step-relationship, and made this inbred nephew and trained him with the top Intrigue school and somehow made him a Satanist who heard Jesus talking to him. Then for that generation, I had this psychotic demon-possessed inbred half-nephew murdering all my kids and wives in a quest to move him up the chain of like 16 other inheritors before him. And the sick part was, somehow, in this vast web of children other than my main line, he became Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire for a year before being deposed.

Nice, I just love how every playthrough can be a diffrent story. Your story reminded me of another playthrough I had a long time ago. Usually I hate it when my Character has more than one son, cause that can cause inhertiage problems and future war's to come over land they own. But one time I started at the lowest I could be and just started playing normaly, my character started to have so many children that it was hard to marry them of to people who were not already married of to my children. At one point I managed to get my third child married of to the second son of the German King at that time in a marriage where the children born were of my dynasty. Nothing important at that moment, but before I knew it the King became Emporer his heir died and his second son was his new heir, with my daughter has his wife. Quickly I reacted and changed the suggestion law so both male and female can inheriate. Then to my luck my first son did not live long after my main character died. I do not remeber what happened after that but from one second to being a nobody not even a duke I went to being the Emporess of the Holy Roman Empire.One of the best playthroughs I had.

BMPixy

Oh no, that game will end up making you hate everyone. For instance, I was playing the Warhammer mod for CK2, and slowly but surely I managed to bring my Warboss all the way from a Petty King to an Emperor seeking to unite the greenskin clans under his banner. Then, one of the lower Warbosses challenges me to a duel for the clan, wins handidly, and my glorious empire shatters into about five provinces under my control and all my vassals become independent. Thirty years later, I manage to reunite my Orc Empire, before the same thing happens again.

Adrammalech

Nice, I just love how every playthrough can be a diffrent story. Your story reminded me of another playthrough I had a long time ago. Usually I hate it when my Character has more than one son, cause that can cause inhertiage problems and future war's to come over land they own. But one time I started at the lowest I could be and just started playing normaly, my character started to have so many children that it was hard to marry them of to people who were not already married of to my children. At one point I managed to get my third child married of to the second son of the German King at that time in a marriage where the children born were of my dynasty. Nothing important at that moment, but before I knew it the King became Emporer his heir died and his second son was his new heir, with my daughter has his wife. Quickly I reacted and changed the suggestion law so both male and female can inheriate. Then to my luck my first son did not live long after my main character died. I do not remeber what happened after that but from one second to being a nobody not even a duke I went to being the Emporess of the Holy Roman Empire.One of the best playthroughs I had.

Yeah, the genetics is probably the most love/hate you can get with a mechanic. It'll spawn psychos, weaken your borders, kill your genetics and screw you over completely, but when you're focused in on it you can make the most absurd plays. I wouldn't have ended my first game like this if it wasn't for a single very deliberate marriage that destroyed the Spanish Empire.

upload_2015-6-29_18-57-48.png

Oh no, that game will end up making you hate everyone. For instance, I was playing the Warhammer mod for CK2, and slowly but surely I managed to bring my Warboss all the way from a Petty King to an Emperor seeking to unite the greenskin clans under his banner. Then, one of the lower Warbosses challenges me to a duel for the clan, wins handidly, and my glorious empire shatters into about five provinces under my control and all my vassals become independent. Thirty years later, I manage to reunite my Orc Empire, before the same thing happens again.

God, Orcs sound exactly like Europeans :3

Frostlich1228

Yeah, the genetics is probably the most love/hate you can get with a mechanic. It'll spawn psychos, weaken your borders, kill your genetics and screw you over completely, but when you're focused in on it you can make the most absurd plays. I wouldn't have ended my first game like this if it wasn't for a single very deliberate marriage that destroyed the Spanish Empire.

View attachment 776

God, Orcs sound exactly like Europeans :3

That's a hell of an alternate history XD

DarkGemini24601

I hate to tread on the funposting here, but I need to make an announcement. ZombeSplitter is going to be gone for awhile for personal reasons that I'd rather not go into to respect his privacy. But that does mean that our primary GM will not be here for awhile. May be a few days, may be a week or two, no way to tell right now.

That does not mean hiatus though. In absence of Zmby I will be directing the story along the lines that we had planned together.

All the missions and events leading up until our arrival at Forseti have been laid out. I may shuffle things in the hope that Zmby gets back soon but the plans are there. So ill ensure that the story keeps going, as he said I was free to do that if I wished.

For now, interacting with his fharacters just isnt going to be possible. Only if he is gone for an extended period will i dare to control them (as i was given permission but dont want to do that unless its vital).

Even then, all ill be messing with is Astasha probably. Maybe the other two officers if they are needed. But hopefully i wont have to.

But thats my announcement. For now I am the primary GM, but dont think that means im going to be harsh or abuse my power. Im rather sedate after everythun. Thats happened. I dont have the strength of will to be, well, willful. I just want to ensure this goes well so he has something nice to come back to.

Zain Shah

I hate to tread on the funposting here, but I need to make an announcement. ZombeSplitter is going to be gone for awhile for personal reasons that I'd rather not go into to respect his privacy. But that does mean that our primary GM will not be here for awhile. May be a few days, may be a week or two, no way to tell right now.

That does not mean hiatus though. In absence of Zmby I will be directing the story along the lines that we had planned together.

All the missions and events leading up until our arrival at Forseti have been laid out. I may shuffle things in the hope that Zmby gets back soon but the plans are there. So ill ensure that the story keeps going, as he said I was free to do that if I wished.

For now, interacting with his fharacters just isnt going to be possible. Only if he is gone for an extended period will i dare to control them (as i was given permission but dont want to do that unless its vital).

Even then, all ill be messing with is Astasha probably. Maybe the other two officers if they are needed. But hopefully i wont have to.

But thats my announcement. For now I am the primary GM, but dont think that means im going to be harsh or abuse my power. Im rather sedate after everythun. Thats happened. I dont have the strength of will to be, well, willful. I just want to ensure this goes well so he has something nice to come back to.
Get well soon Zmby and I'm sure you'll do a damn fine job Gem :)

Adrammalech

Hey, more accurate than that time a guy took a single country in southern Finland, and took over the world in less than twenty years.

Finland? That sounds absurd...although it doesn't surprise me it's possible, given an insane amount of planning and practice. Was that before the whole tribal thing got introduced or after?

I'll send him well wishes. I trust you to respect the power you're given.

BMPixy

Well, best of luck to both of you; ZS in recovering to full strength, and to you in keeping the ship on course in the absence of our captain.

Finland? That sounds absurd...although it doesn't surprise me it's possible, given an insane amount of planning and practice. Was that before the whole tribal thing got introduced or after?

I'll send him well wishes. I trust you to respect the power you're given.

From what I recall, it required converting to Islam while keeping the Norse culture, to get CBs while retaining the ability to sail down rivers. Very ahistorical.

PrismaCube

Well, best of luck to both of you; ZS in recovering to full strength, and to you in keeping the ship on course in the absence of our captain.

From what I recall, it required converting to Islam while keeping the Norse culture, to get CBs while retaining the ability to sail down rivers. Very ahistorical.

An islam nord, just hearing that is awesome xD

Adrammalech

I know there's a chieve for having a Hindu Viking lord. From briefly watching a Youtube video about it, it involved doing some crazy river journey, colonizing Cyprus, shoving your capital into the Indian sea and then choosing to see the light of Shiva.

Dahlexpert

Get well soon Zombie, hope you get better.

DarkGemini24601

And in the interest of not overworking myself, MarineAvenger will be my assistant GM for now.

Hopefully Zmby will return after awhile (Maybe two weeks at most? rough guess so take that with a block of salt,. not a grain) and things will go back to normal, but if he ends up concluding his involvement for his peace of mind, then I promise you guys this will get finished in his name.

PrismaCube

I know there's a chieve for having a Hindu Viking lord. From briefly watching a Youtube video about it, it involved doing some crazy river journey, colonizing Cyprus, shoving your capital into the Indian sea and then choosing to see the light of Shiva.

I gotta try that sometime. After I continue to furiously try to build my own empire the last 100 years. Is it so wrong to trying to unite people under on flag? Serioulsy all this makes me just..just want to...
latest

everybody!
(P.S.: Love Corpse Party ^^)

Adrammalech

Well, you are taking away their autonomy, restructuring the way they tax, assimilating their borders, culture, and religion...the peasants are just dicks though.

PrismaCube

Well, you are taking away their autonomy, restructuring the way they tax, assimilating their borders, culture, and religion...the peasants are just dicks though.

Sometimes you gotta lose some old things and just hail to the almight odin! But I agree on the peasants part, someone needs to teach them to read so they can learn from history.

A small demonstration:

Hm I do not like what our king is doing... Maybe I should revoult, he just took over france and poland, maybe if I can get around a thousand men I could start a nice revoult, become my own king and change things back to normal.

Um Sir the history books say that the last 3 centuries any kind of revoult against our kingdom failed in a one sided slaughter. Those revoults usually had over 5000 men and after the loss the revolt leader usually came home with a head missing on his shoulder.

Silence you fool! REVOLUTION!

DarkGemini24601

Sometimes you gotta lose some old things and just hail to the almight odin! But I agree on the peasants part, someone needs to teach them to read so they can learn from history.

A small demonstration:

Hm I do not like what our king is doing... Maybe I should revoult, he just took over france and poland, maybe if I can get around a thousand men I could start a nice revoult, become my own king and change things back to normal.

Um Sir the history books say that the last 3 centuries any kind of revoult against our kingdom failed in a one sided slaughter. Those revoults usually had over 5000 men and after the loss the revolt leader usually came home with a head missing on his shoulder.

Silence you fool! REVOLUTION!
For the allfather!