X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

(Part 3 of the XCOM Think Tanks) For general out-of-character discussion, suggesting ideas, commenting on the story, etc.

DarkGemini24601

Remember, only make as many characters as you can handle, and don't expect to be able to spend a ton of time with each if you have a lot. Too much pressure on everyone to cram together collaborations is going to make this a nightmare.

Dahlexpert

I think i'm going to have 4 characters, mostly soldiers an officer and. Probable some cameos from some of my old characters from story of defiance.

Adrammalech

To start off, who is planning on playing an XSDF staff member besides me, Frost, and Zombie?

I think I'll have 3-4 soldiers and one civilian.

Remember, only make as many characters as you can handle, and don't expect to be able to spend a ton of time with each if you have a lot.

Don't take this as being aggressive, but keep that in mind for yourself too :p You did have the most characters last time.

Adrammalech

Because I didn't mean it to be aggressive, but I thought it might seem like it over the internet which is why I clarified it.

DarkGemini24601

Well, I'm exhausted and having a bad day. As for me, the only reason me and zmby will have more characters is because we're playing the essential staff and antagonists. Plus, I don't have a job or anything like you and Dahl do.

DarkGemini24601

If we end up with something crazy like 35-50 player soldier characters we may need to reevaluate a little. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Frostlich1228

Well, I'm exhausted and having a bad day. As for me, the only reason me and zmby will have more characters is because we're playing the essential staff and antagonists. Plus, I don't have a job or anything like you and Dahl do.

Maybe we could spread some of the Essential Staff and Some of the Antagonist characters between everyone. I don't want it to feel like you and Zombie are the only two who can play Villians. Besides, I know how tough of a time Zombie and you are having right now, taking so many characters and running all the villians might put too much pressure on you.

DarkGemini24601

Maybe we could spread some of the Essential Staff and Some of the Antagonist characters between everyone. I don't want it to feel like you and Zombie are the only two who can play Villians. Besides, I know how tough of a time Zombie and you are having right now, taking so many characters and running all the villians might put too much pressure on you.
There is one person that will be assisting us, but no. I don't like being the tone police here, but I don't want everyone playing the antagonists for several reasons. It disjoints the story by muddling what the enemy's goals are, it confuses things by having everyone playing both sides, and I simply don't want to have to deal with people getting angry at each other for power gaming in fights, or being dark or cruel to other people's characters as villains.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
I see what you mean Frost, but I think we should leave it up to them. They are durable and really, there are the ones who are usually around the most and post the most, so it is only fair for them to do it in my opinion, though I think they thank your concern none the less..

DarkGemini24601

And we're not even gonna start this story until pretty much four weeks from now, or something like that. So we're going to have plenty of time to relax while I'm on my trip. Not going to break tradition, though. Thus far the story has (mostly) been told by the GM(s) playing the antagonists. We're writing a story that is the players fighting the enemy, not the players fighting other players.

Adrammalech

For antagonists I agree, although we did have a non-GM antagonist who was not confusing to kill and very good as an antagonist. Other staff should be even though, I feel, provided the interest.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
For antagonists I agree, although we did have a non-GM antagonist who was not confusing to kill and very good as an antagonist. Other staff should be even though, I feel, provided the interest.
337.gif