X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
No, I was talking about Viktor, I just do not know what that image is :p
*Puts the gun away* Good...very good...and that is an image of wonder and cuteness.
a9f4c01f5548f397659d5e8cfdd787529a4836607750f5d918328883fe72f008.jpg

DarkGemini24601

I think i'm going to have 4 characters, mostly soldiers an officer and. Probable some cameos from some of my old characters from story of defiance.
By the way, I doubt anyone is going to be playing an XSDF officer right from the start except Zombie. I'm certainly not going to start anyone off that way (and I'm not so sure any of my characters are officer material anyway. :p)

Zain Shah

I just managed to finish reading the info thread and I had a couple of questions:
-Is the enemy still unknown in this campaign?
-Where is the ship all the soldiers are on in relation to space?

Frostlich1228

I just managed to finish reading the info thread and I had a couple of questions:

And will our characters get calls to and from home? (Pretty sure we will, but just checking.)

DarkGemini24601

1. Some of the enemies in the new antagonist faction will be recognizeable, others won't be. But I can say they will have some tech on par with ours, and other tech more advanced to give that proper XCOM vibe.
2. The Einherjar, I'm guessing, will start at the orbital XSDF headquarters above Earth, but will then travel to the Ethereal homeworld of Aethernum, and will either get there and then head to Forseti, or will head to Forseti midway if the enemy attacks before we arrive to the planet on a checkup or something. Still not solid on that.

And will our characters get calls to and from home? (Pretty sure we will, but just checking.)
Yeah, hyperwave relays and all that. Just have to wait in line. (Some things may be classified though, don't be sharing technological secrets with family)

Frostlich1228

1. Some of the enemies in the new antagonist faction will be recognizeable, others won't be. But I can say they will have some tech on par with ours, and other tech more advanced to give that proper XCOM vibe.
2. The Einherjar, I'm guessing, will start at the orbital XSDF headquarters above Earth, but will then travel to the Ethereal homeworld of Aethernum, and will either get there and then head to Forseti, or will head to Forseti midway if the enemy attacks before we arrive to the planet on a checkup or something. Still not solid on that.

Yeah, hyperwave relays and all that. Just have to wait in line. (Some things may be classified though, don't be sharing technological secrets with family)

Unless said family is directly responsible for constructing said technological secrets. :p

Adrammalech

I could play a Bazir maybe. I'd have to look up the alt-code for that symbol though, cuz no way would I C+P it everytime. :p

BMPixy

I'll probably be running a couple support staff in addition to my duo/trio of soldiers. Only (tentatively) planning on running one or two xenos at the moment, may pick up more as time goes on. Not gonna be a Balmadaar, Reptilian, or Baʒir in the initial line-up, though.

Adrammalech

Heads up to those who have read the lore already: a couple of entries have been added in 2034 and 2043 focused on Cross. :)

DarkGemini24601

Reminder that I'm an idiot and still need to update the psionics info and post it on the Rules thread. New Ones, I shall enlighten you with the Path... ahem, I mean, show you the wonders of psionics soon(ish).

Adrammalech

Speaking of which, I think a little something should be added to the first post in that thread mentioning that rules start on page 2, and explaining how we "sign up" (post here, message Zombie, w/e), since we're getting new people.

DarkGemini24601

Speaking of which, I think a little something should be added to the first post in that thread mentioning that rules start on page 2, and explaining how we "sign up" (post here, message Zombie, w/e), since we're getting new people.
If you want to suggest, go ahead. Though it might do to include that in a new post so people see it. You know, visibility. Just have it be an appendix note.

Adrammalech

Well, I think it should be the first thing that people see when they open that thread, at least until it's too late to join.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
And thus, basically ends the Exalt storyline. As Gem perfectly said, it is not the Exalt we planned, but it is the Exalt we made ours.

DarkGemini24601

A note about classes:

Scout (0) 0.5 maybe
Sniper (1) 1.5 maybe
Assault (2)
Infantry (0) 1 maybe
Engineer (1)
Support (1)
Medic (1)
Gunner (0)
Heavy (1)
Rocketeer (0)
Paratrooper (2)
Destroyer (2)
Shadow Operative (3)
MEC Trooper (2)

So far the class that has had the most submissions is the Shadow Operatives with three different characters. I want to clarify something. If you guys read the class abilities, they're very self-defense oriented without a lot of combat perks. They'll likely be our soldiers sent to do objectives like 'disable this forcefield generator' or 'attack from behind to create a diversion' and other super-spy stuff. Don't expect to mow down a lot of enemies. And as they are the only class besides the sniper that can wield full-blown sniper rifles, I'd like to avoid having a total of 4-5 characters using sniper rifles.

I wont' tell anyone they need to change classes yet, but unless you have an against-the-grain plan for your shadow operative (at least one of you), there's likely going to be too much combat similarity between those three for playing a SO to be as enjoyable as it could be. Just something to think about for now. ;)

DarkGemini24601

A note about classes:

Scout (0) 0.5 maybe
Sniper (1) 1.5 maybe
Assault (2)
Infantry (0) 1 maybe
Engineer (1)
Support (1)
Medic (1)
Gunner (0)
Heavy (1)
Rocketeer (0)
Paratrooper (2)
Destroyer (2)
Shadow Operative (3)
MEC Trooper (2)

So far the class that has had the most submissions is the Shadow Operatives with three different characters. I want to clarify something. If you guys read the class abilities, they're very self-defense oriented without a lot of combat perks. They'll likely be our soldiers sent to do objectives like 'disable this forcefield generator' or 'attack from behind to create a diversion' and other super-spy stuff. Don't expect to mow down a lot of enemies. And as they are the only class besides the sniper that can wield full-blown sniper rifles, I'd like to avoid having a total of 4-5 characters using sniper rifles.

I wont' tell anyone they need to change classes yet, but unless you have an against-the-grain plan for your shadow operative (at least one of you), there's likely going to be too much combat similarity between those three for playing a SO to be as enjoyable as it could be. Just something to think about for now. ;)
Scout (0) 1.5 maybe
Sniper (1) 1.5 maybe
Assault (2)
Infantry (0) 1 maybe
Engineer (1)
Support (1)
Medic (1)
Gunner (0)
Heavy (2)
Rocketeer (0)
Paratrooper (2)
Destroyer (2)