X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

PrismaCube

So it's settled, Prisma can have all the reptile people, if I can have all the Insect/Arachnid people.
B..but...spiders...I love Spiders

rachnera_arachnae_by_fu_reiji-d8ugpdo.png

Dahlexpert

So do to the power being out at my job, i'm free today. And i'm up for colabes, if anyone want's to do one with Noire.

DarkGemini24601

Alright, revised collab and mission list due to being in way over my head.

Saturday (today):

1. Fred Solo (I'll be done in about 30 minutes)
2. Hermes and Thomas Collab w/ Blackout (Main Roleplay Doc)
...at the same time as...
3. Irina and Brienne w/ AlzDude28 (DG Doc 2)
4. Write Aerial Mission for Alz
5. Write VIP Mission for Tax

Sunday (tomorrow):

6. Homework (3-4 hours worth... joy.)
7. Minor Mission with Marine (get to writing the intro for me today, Marine)
8. Time for me to relax if possible
9. Minor Mission with Zmby

Note - Operation Banished Mountain is postponed for now, I need to write a prerequisite collab, an intro post, and a briefing in that order for it, which I'll likely do between Monday and Wednesday, and we can work on it Friday/Saturday after that.

DarkGemini24601

Research Updates by April 20th, 2044:

Weapons R&D, April 20th -> Compact Coolant Systems Completed. MEC Ravagers available for manufacture (1 will be built to start off), and MEC Troopers now have access to a coolant item that will grant them the Suppression ability called a "Plas-Helium Capacitor".

Armor R&D, April 20th -> Personal Shields Level 1 Completed. P1 attachments for armor are now available for manufacture.

Equipment R&D, April 19th -> Damage Reduction Techniques Completed. Impact Vest for high damage reduction (think an Starcraft II immortal shield of sorts) and a Breaching Nozzle (bypasses a level or two of resistance) now available as gear.

Psionic Labs, April 15th -> Advanced Psionic Armor Completed. Vortex Armor (medium psi armor) now available for production.

Gene Labs, April 15th -> SMART Capabilities Completed. Unlocks the following:
BRAIN STEM: Smart Respiration – In the event that breathable air is not available, the brain stem passively shuts off breathing and assists the body in conserving oxygen.
LUNGS: Smart Lungs - The lungs can collate foreign chemicals easier and eject dense gasses, toxins, and carcinogens in moderate amounts.
LIVER: Toxin Bulwark - Enhances the liver’s detoxification capabilities, not only protecting against artificial poisons but also preventing atmospheric poisoning from gases that would kill a normal person.

The Foundry, April 14th -> Tactical Rigging Completed. Extra misc/handheld slot for regular soldiers. Extra inventory slot for MEC Troopers. (Need to update the former, but the latter was already edited in advance)

Cybernetics Lab, April 16th -> Cranial Upgrades Completed. Unlocks the following:
Occular Receptor - Allows for the attachment of two extra visual receptors without putting stress on the brain.
Spatial Enhancer – Expands spatial reasoning, making maneuvers in 3D feel more natural. A must-have for anyone involved in space combat. +1 PER

Robotics Lab, April 16th -> Fenrir Completed. You can find the details in the latest post by Zmby.

PrismaCube

Damn, a female only snake like race is quite tempting to add into my story, I mean...the character design is just awesome, when I think about it.

DarkGemini24601

Anyone got any ideas for extra structures within the Einherjar?

Currently we're working on/planning 2 new hangars, and planning an interior shipyard for fighter craft and such.

Refresher:

Floor 1: Main Bridge, Commander's Office, Miniature

Armory
Floor 2: Executive Lounge, Wing H
Floor 3: Situation Room, Executive Holo-Rooms
Floor 4: Hangars A, B, C, D, and E; Munition Storehouses

and Addon Storehouses
Floor 5: Holo-Rooms 1-4, Gyms 1-3, Natatorium (indoor

pools)
Floor 6: Department of Acquisitions, Public

Communications Room, Staff Lounge and Bars, Mess Hall,

Food and Water Storage
Floor 7: Main Laboratory, Weapons R&D, Armor R&D,

Equipment R&D, Biology Section, Genetic Labs, Psionic

Labs; Main Generator Room (Top)
Floor 8: Main Engineering, Cybernetic Lab, Robotics Lab,

Aerospace Workshop, Vehicular Workshop, the Foundry; Main

Generator Room (Middle)
Floor 9: Central and Terminal waiting rooms, Doctor's

Offices, Disease Treatment Center (DTC), Psychiatry Ward,

Biomedical Lab, Emergency Rooms (ER), Soldier Patch

Center (SPC), Stasis Chambers
Floor 10: Records Room, Main Computer Room, Secondary

Computer Rooms, Backup Computer Rooms
Floor 11: Wing E and Wing G
Floor 12: Wing F, Civilian Quarters
Floor 13: Morale Officer's Office, Officer Training

School, Combat Staff Lounge and Bars, Shooting Range, The

Armory, Wing C and Wing D
Floor 14: Wing A and Wing B
Floor 15: Agricultural Gardens
Floor 16: The Brig (Cells and Special Containment

Facilities)
Floor 17: Main Cargo Hold, Hangar F
Floor 18: Numerous Backup Generators (All in one vast

room)
Floor 19: Secondary Cargo Hold
Floor 20: Massive Empty Space (Not outer space, mind you)

Taxor_the_First

Anyone got any ideas for extra structures within the Einherjar?
Do we have turrets attached to the outside of the ship? If we do, we'd need control centers for them (since with a ship this size I doubt you could fit enough terminals in the bridge unless the whole thing is run by a dumb AI) plus areas to refill their ammo pools.
From what I can see on the list, there's a lack of offensive-based rooms, gun batteries or a hangar devoted to dropping bombs and the like. I know we've got them, based on several posts in which the Einherjar was described as a trump card in aerial battle.

DarkGemini24601

Do we have turrets attached to the outside of the ship? If we do, we'd need control centers for them (since with a ship this size I doubt you could fit enough terminals in the bridge unless the whole thing is run by a dumb AI) plus areas to refill their ammo pools.
From what I can see on the list, there's a lack of offensive-based rooms, gun batteries or a hangar devoted to dropping bombs and the like. I know we've got them, based on several posts in which the Einherjar was described as a trump card in aerial battle.
The control centers, gun batteries, reload centers, yare yare daze are just assumed to be located in sporadic regions across the floors. The bridge is the 'control center' for all of that, wheras at the moment Drones / Outsiders and computerized systems are responsible for firing the minor guns on the ship. The main ones are fired by the bridge staff.

To specify, the Einherjar has a big ass triple fusion cannon, eight plasma batteries, and dozens of pulse and gauss cannons. (Strength in descending order there). It doesn't have a bomb bay, though.

DarkGemini24601

When the 22nd of April rolls around I have an "Einherjar Status" post that describes everything that has been researched, produced, constructed, and so on, and gives a few upcoming things for the bigger projects as well, like shipping times for new fighters.

DarkGemini24601

I'm kidding, :p

I didn't see that little bit about the pool though, that should be a fun place to rp. :)
Mhmm.

Also, if anyone has any names they'd like to submit, I'd like to recruit up to ten Forseti people for our NPC roster. Most likely 5-8. Try to keep the names varied so I don't get all British names.

DarkGemini24601

In light of the fact that a lot of people have been blowing off their character's limbs (looking at you, Dahl, Blackout, and Alz), does...

...does anyone want to get gene-modded or psi tested?

Taxor_the_First

In light of the fact that a lot of people have been blowing off their character's limbs (looking at you, Dahl, Blackout, and Alz), does...

...does anyone want to get gene-modded or psi tested?
I was actually planning to have Samantha get modded after the next mission. Still have to work out which ones exactly, though.