X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

Dahlexpert

Interesting. In order to preserve canon, I would clarify something for ya, Dahl.

Forseti wasn't founded yet. I imagine Cassia became a mercenary a couple of years ago on Progressus or somewhere already colonized. And the city that fell to chryssalids couldn't possibly have been a human one, just so you know. It was probably a Replitan Free Port, which are cities on asteroids or minor planets that are run by the Thin Men and have assorted races that intermingle there under the promise of only having to obey the local laws and be protected from outside interference most of the time.

Let me clarify that, this happend long before Forseti was found yes. But Cassia wan not on Progressus until after that incident happened, she was far beyond human controlled areas when this happened.

DarkGemini24601

Let me clarify that, this happend long before Forseti was found yes. But Cassia wan not on Progressus until after that incident happened, she was far beyond human controlled areas when this happened.
Pretty much what I was saying. Cassia met that group in a free port or something, and the chyrssalid apoc happened in a similar city.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Did someone mention Chryssalid?

I miss Chryssalid...
Here, have a cockroach
gokimoe-e1351673898979.jpg

Frostlich1228

Wait guys... I just had a thought...

What if the Viper ladies, are actually, Female Reptilan? Female Thin Men?

It sort of makes sense not only because the Thin Men were altered to look more human, but generally, the female is more powerful/intimidating than the male. You might be asking, then why don't they spit acid?

Well, the acid spit/explosion was added by the Ethereals, maybe to make the Male Reptilan more useful as the females were harder to control, similar to the Balmadaar situation.

DarkGemini24601

Wait guys... I just had a thought...

What if the Viper ladies, are actually, Female Reptilan? Female Thin Men?

It sort of makes sense not only because the Thin Men were altered to look more human, but generally, the female is more powerful/intimidating than the male. You might be asking, then why don't they spit acid?

Well, the acid spit/explosion was added by the Ethereals, maybe to make the Male Reptilan more useful as the females were harder to control, similar to the Balmadaar situation.
Well, in our lore, the Thin Mints already had the ability to spit acid defensively, the Ethereals just modified them to go boom into clouds of their own poison if they died. (I remember that originally, according to Dante, they didn't have individual sexes either, but that idea was dropped in this story to keep the ayys from being too similar to each other and make them more relate-able, I assume.)

So far my lore for XCOM2 defines the Vipers as female Replitans and Snakemen as male Replitans.
The difference is simply that the the females are genetically modified with human DNA and other Tz6 gidbits for a direct combat role, while the males are used for a spymaster role like the one they had as Thin Men... except better. They'll be like the mimics I mentioned on VoF's lore thread.

Frostlich1228

So, are you planning to add the Vipers somewhere into VoF, or are you waiting until the game comes out so we can know more about them before you put them into a story?

DarkGemini24601

So, are you planning to add the Vipers somewhere into VoF, or are you waiting until the game comes out so we can know more about them before you put them into a story?
I never even suggested that I'm adding Vipers into VoF. I was merely addressing your theorycrafting as it was relevant to the next story.

There's no such thing in this story. There are just female Replitans and male Replitans, and they're bipedal snake people. The Replitans in a la alternate universe have actual snake tails.