X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So the mission is over, hope you all like it.
Thumbs_up.jpg

Frostlich1228

Hey Prisma, off topic thing here, but how do you feel about the refugee crisis in Europe?

I think that you'd have a unique opinion considering that Germany seems to be the most welcoming to the Syrian refuges, has it affected you or your family in any way? Positive or negative?

I'm asking because in America, it's seems like a very distant issue, because well, it's on the other side of the world, but I want to hear about it from someone who's currently in the middle of it. :)

PrismaCube

Hey Prisma, off topic thing here, but how do you feel about the refugee crisis in Europe?

I think that you'd have a unique opinion considering that Germany seems to be the most welcoming to the Syrian refuges, has it affected you or your family in any way? Positive or negative?

I'm asking because in America, it's seems like a very distant issue, because well, it's on the other side of the world, but I want to hear about it from someone who's currently in the middle of it. :)

Well I'm glad you asked ^^
Personally I have not been affected by it, nor have I seen any yet, but the city I currently live in has agreed to them in, which is a lie btw, 90% including the mayor disagreed to it. But because Merkel wants it so it has to be done. Currently there are many polls opening up inorder to go to court against Merkel, so that a new Bundeskanzler and Political group can be voted for. So it is highly noticable that Germany is against this.

I will leave my point of view out of this because of reasons I would like to keep private. I hope you guys respect that.

Hence what the population is thinking I can only say that almost, and I mean almost everybody that is German, is strongly against this. No one wants these refuges, and it's not because we are racsist or anything, the problem here is much larger than what is looks like. Going into detail would take forever. But fact is that the experinces we had with "other" countries and their people left a bad impression on every german.
Most of the people just do not like it when other people come life here and do not respect the german culture or even try to learn a little about it.
Some people here work here for almost ten years now and have not learned a single word german. The rate of theft increased dramatically and most of the time it's "other" races people.

There are some people from the other countries that learn german, respect us, and shall I say change their lifestyle to fit ours, in return we respect them and if anything about them is diffrent (religion, tradition and so on) we let them be. But there arn't many of those people. Which is why most germans are having this negative impact on the refuges.

Yeah that is all I have to say for now, If you got any more question go ahead and ask, when it comes to politics here in Germany I can help you a lot, being politicaly active and in a political group myself, it is always best to stay informed and have the right opinion about a current situation at all time :3

Alzdude28

Well I'm glad you asked ^^
Personally I have not been affected by it, nor have I seen any yet, but the city I currently live in has agreed to them in, which is a lie btw, 90% including the mayor disagreed to it. But because Merkel wants it so it has to be done. Currently there are many polls opening up inorder to go to court against Merkel, so that a new Bundeskanzler and Political group can be voted for. So it is highly noticable that Germany is against this.

I will leave my point of view out of this because of reasons I would like to keep private. I hope you guys respect that.

Hence what the population is thinking I can only say that almost, and I mean almost everybody that is German, is strongly against this. No one wants these refuges, and it's not because we are racsist or anything, the problem here is much larger than what is looks like. Going into detail would take forever. But fact is that the experinces we had with "other" countries and their people left a bad impression on every german.
Most of the people just do not like it when other people come life here and do not respect the german culture or even try to learn a little about it.
Some people here work here for almost ten years now and have not learned a single word german. The rate of theft increased dramatically and most of the time it's "other" races people.

There are some people from the other countries that learn german, respect us, and shall I say change their lifestyle to fit ours, in return we respect them and if anything about them is diffrent (religion, tradition and so on) we let them be. But there arn't many of those people. Which is why most germans are having this negative impact on the refuges.

Yeah that is all I have to say for now, If you got any more question go ahead and ask, when it comes to politics here in Germany I can help you a lot, being politicaly active and in a political group myself, it is always best to stay informed and have the right opinion about a current situation at all time :3
It's interesting hearing this, as there is a lot of debate in Britain currently about opening our borders to a greater extent. My personal opinion is that the refugees need a place to live, which we should help with, however, unfortunately the right wing is growing in popularity, with many racist political groups gaining support, especially from the (and I use this term hesitantly) "lower working class" who feel that they are losing their jobs towards migrants (Polish immigrants are being caught particularly badly in this stereotype). In addition to this, Islamaphobia is rising. It's got to the point where one of the candidates for the Mayor of London is the leader of a Neo-nazi party. I think that the situation will be made worse by the refugee crisis if Britain opens it's borders and there will be a real danger of a far right group gaining power as there will be more dispossessed people looking for a scapegoat, which they will find in the innocent people trying to make themselves a better life.

In short, history is becoming close to repeating itself, as in the 1930s there was a rise in Nationalistic feeling due to the great depression, leading to people blaming the Jews. Everyone knows about the Nazis, but they were far from the only group that gained power from this, just the most "successful". Britain came close, with the Union of Fascists and Italy and Spain both had a fascist government. If people aren't careful, this could be another tipping point.

TL;DR Catch-22: The refugees need help, but this is almost certain to cause bigger problems for them in the future.

DarkGemini24601

It's interesting hearing this, as there is a lot of debate in Britain currently about opening our borders to a greater extent. My personal opinion is that the refugees need a place to live, which we should help with, however, unfortunately the right wing is growing in popularity, with many racist political groups gaining support, especially from the (and I use this term hesitantly) "lower working class" who feel that they are losing their jobs towards migrants (Polish immigrants are being caught particularly badly in this stereotype). In addition to this, Islamaphobia is rising. It's got to the point where one of the candidates for the Mayor of London is the leader of a Neo-nazi party. I think that the situation will be made worse by the refugee crisis if Britain opens it's borders and there will be a real danger of a far right group gaining power as there will be more dispossessed people looking for a scapegoat, which they will find in the innocent people trying to make themselves a better life.

In short, history is becoming close to repeating itself, as in the 1930s there was a rise in Nationalistic feeling due to the great depression, leading to people blaming the Jews. Everyone knows about the Nazis, but they were far from the only group that gained power from this, just the most "successful". Britain came close, with the Union of Fascists and Italy and Spain both had a fascist government. If people aren't careful, this could be another tipping point.

TL;DR Catch-22: The refugees need help, but this is almost certain to cause bigger problems for them in the future.
The problem is, from what Ive seen and heard, most European countries simply cant provide for flood after flood of refugees. A government's obligation is to its native people first and immigrants second. If that is flipped on its head you will certainly receive an outcry and reap a whirlwind.

That doesn't mean you can't try to help but knowing a safe, realistic limit of what you can do for people who are in all honesty outsiders is necessary.

We have the same problem to a smaller extent in the US with immigration over the southern border. People from Mexico come here to find a better life, and that's admirable. Luckily for us, though, they tend to learn English and more or less contribute to the community, quite different from the situation PrismaCube described.