X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

PrismaCube

How can you make a character that is cold and humorless stay intressting and get attached to without drifting away from the cold and humorless part? That is quite a challenge if you ask me.

Dahlexpert

How can you make a character that is cold and humorless stay intressting and get attached to without drifting away from the cold and humorless part? That is quite a challenge if you ask me.

But seriously, I think i know how to answer this. Take my character Cassia for instance, Cassia is rude blunt very violent aggressive/ arrogant when I do colabes people may think I might have Cassia ether punch there characters or threaten them. But when Cassia is around Brigid her character changes. She becomes nicer and more patience, but since she is with the XSDF she has to change her attitude. But deep down she is still a ruthless person.

So my advice is slightly change there outward attitude but keep the core of that character the same.

PrismaCube

Alright, so around friends who joke a lot a cold character would warm a little up and forget about the bad things that have happend.

DarkGemini24601

Alright, so around friends who joke a lot a cold character would warm a little up and forget about the bad things that have happend.
Mhmm. They might be cold to people they meet, but to their friends that they've been with they'd open up more. You'd get to see deeper parts of a character that is outwardly aloof around those they allow themselves to care for.

PrismaCube

Alright got a new character name. Just created, so no backstory and her attitude might change. Might.

What do you guys think of the name "Akira Sakai" a female mage who swears her loyalty to Avanix after being saved.
She is a mage who uses the ability of red crystals as a weapon. She prefers to hover over the ground rather than walking. She is passive, neither good or evil. Her attitude is (I'm thinking of making her a little cocky towards others. Other than Avanix.)

Hair Color is Dark Red
Eye Color is Light-Dark Blue

Yeah anyway once I get more background I will post it on the thread that is dedicated to this. But do tell me what you guys think. Of the name that is. But the rest you can also leave something if you want.

Adrammalech

That is also true and I'm glad you asked that question, cause it gets me thinking too. In this case I would say no were it my character, so there is a chance that if they were to shoot they would miss. But would you even go as far as to kill something else or in this case try to kill it, for your own survival, when you have just recently witnesses tons of deaths. Also say you were to kill the deer, how would that affact you even further on your broken path down to insaneness? or would it just leave you emotionless and show you how cruel the world really is and you do what has to be done? How would that also affect you in the future? Once you had time to recover... Gosh things like this get me excited to thing of a story :D

Medieval setting means deer are mostly seen as food creatures, so the empathy hit wouldn't be that severe compared to watching human pain, especially if you're already starving yourself. Limping just makes things easier (and can be seen as merciful in certain circumstances, since forest critters don't have first aid stations). It also matters if the deer is male or female, as hunting involves a lot of female sparing for the sake of replenishment, so if its a wounded female it can seem like a worse act than normal.

PrismaCube

I loved MeMeMe but this... when I saw this on the day it was released I was astonished. The art in this vid. :O Pure beauty I must say. Pure insparation. Everthing from the music to the animation and the meaning behind the vid. I have listened to this song for the entire week more tahn a hundred times by now xD

PrismaCube

Medieval setting means deer are mostly seen as food creatures, so the empathy hit wouldn't be that severe compared to watching human pain, especially if you're already starving yourself. Limping just makes things easier (and can be seen as merciful in certain circumstances, since forest critters don't have first aid stations). It also matters if the deer is male or female, as hunting involves a lot of female sparing for the sake of replenishment, so if its a wounded female it can seem like a worse act than normal.

I like your thinking, thank you ^^
That is true what you said, I will keep that in mind once I write my stroy.

PrismaCube

Well, got my one like for this month... see you all next month!

Just kidding xD

Has anyone here ever seen Kingdom of Heaven?

PrismaCube

With Orlando Bloom? Yes.

Yup thats the one, might I say that near the ending with Salamin is one of my favorite parts I have ever seen in a movie.
Although I'm a non-believer, the pure trueness in his words over a city so worthless and yet it means everything to man leaves me in awe. :D

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Yup thats the one, might I say that near the ending with Salamin is one of my favorite parts I have ever seen in a movie.
Although I'm a non-believer, the pure trueness in his words over a city so worthless and yet it means everything to man leaves me in awe. :D

I will come out an say I am an aethist and honestly, I don't care if you worship some telletubby in the sky. There are some,use,for religion, that much can't be denied (such as giving people inspiration or hope such as in the clip) but it is when religions meddle in affairs such as politics, and used like religion is an automatic debate winner, is when it pisses me off, especially when used to,justify hanious acts against human lives and principles. I feel the world would be better if personal belief was left to just that, personal, instead of being projected as some saving grace that you are miserable without, and that is all I will say on the matter, cause it isnt a debate for here nor one I would like to get angry about.

Taxor_the_First

Alright, now that my stuff is out of the way, I've got some time tomorrow and the day after (aussie time) for collabs if anyone wants. Translates to about 8 hours from now.