OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

DarkGemini24601

One SAT down for the count. Reward: One Tired Gemini and... 2 new ADVENT robotic units that he drew before the test started?

(I'll show the drawings on an actual piece of printer paper in a little bit if I can muster the energy instead of rough drafts.)

Robots are the one thing I can draw right because they're usually blocky or otherwise simpler than the human form.

DarkGemini24601

I just realized the other one wouldn't be on the enemy roster originally, so I'll let you guys find out firsthand how badass the other ADVENT robot is.

DarkGemini24601

For now, have the origins of the Gremlin.

ADVENT Drone.jpg

DarkGemini24601

Oh, and have the first half (8 parts) of the Dark Years. Yeah, I meant it when I said we were mostly done. The Avenger Raid IS done, but I'm going to leave you with a cliffhanger until tomorrow so you all have time to read all of that glorious work.

Last edited:

Taxor_the_First

Oh, and have the first half (8 parts) of the Dark Years. Yeah, I meant it when I said we were mostly done. The Avenger Raid IS done, but I'm going to leave you with a cliffhanger until tomorrow so you all have time to read all of that glorious work.
*evil laughter intensifies*

Incidentally you still appear to have left that comment about the sectopods in the middle of the story thread.

DarkGemini24601

Made some minor modifications to the skill trees. In particular, Ambushers, I made it so that Bushwhack only allows permanent concealment if in cover, not flanked, and not directly shooting at people. They can still be targeted by overwatch fire if they move. Now, once they get Chameleon suit they can shoot without revealing themselves.

DarkGemini24601

If you check my signature you can now view the Known Enemy Profiles to get an idea of what enemies the Resistance is familiar with by the start of the story.

DarkGemini24601

And now the research tree too. Not much on there right now. Technically we already have Alien Biotech, Hybrid Materials, Modular Weapons, Resistance Communications, and Resistance Radio though.

DarkGemini24601

And with the Skill Databank now viewable that's all of the docs ready to go. (Skills that we know of, at least. There may be some enemy ones left to list, but I may not describe those quite yet due to suspense or whatever.)

DarkGemini24601

There will be one more posting session of the prequel sometime this week, and then the stage will be set.

After that happens don't go nuts posting your intros. Not everyone is quite done with those, and I'd like that to happen in an orderly fashion so people don't accidentally interrupt each other. (Remember the good rule of thumb - if someone posts, read and make sure they are done based on how the content ends off before posting anything of your own) I'll have some sort of posting order similar to the bios, but as always once the bios and intros are up that structure will be lifted.

What is done already and will start to be posted once the prequel is over is the bios. Once I create that thread, this is the order. Known that I will be checking to make sure suggested edits got put in incase you forgot them. :p

1. Original Post / OP (DarkGemini24601)

2. Atka Ipiktok (DarkGemini24601)

3. –Missing Personnel– (MarineAvenger)

4. Kai Kazuko (MarineAvenger)

5. Richard Tygan (DarkGemini24601)

6. An-Yi Shen (DarkGemini24601)

7. Giorgos Megalos (BMPixy)

8. Joseph Chambers (ZombieSplitter53)

9. The Figurehead General (BMPixy)

10. Morrigan O’Brien (ZombieSplitter53)

11. Alexis Chambers (ZombieSplitter53)

12. Jennifer Chambers (ZombieSplitter53)

13. Jack Irons (ZombieSplitter53)

14. Yakone Ipiktok (DarkGemini24601)

15. Leon Sinclair (MarineAvenger)

16. Gwendoline De Saint Pierre (MarineAvenger)

17. –Some rooskie whose name I can never spell– (MarineAvenger)

18. Marx Tvarnov (Frostlich1228)

19. Catherine Thomas (Frostlich1228)

20. Jose Maria de Miguel Nunez III (BMPixy)

21. Lilith Van Dam (Dahlexpert)

22. Luke Van Dam (Dahlexpert)

23. Matthew Lester (Taxor the First)

24. Samuel Yokolov (Taxor the First)

DarkGemini24601

So yeah... if I can scrounge together the energy this evening the last part and a half of the prequel will be written, and bio posting can commence Tuesday.

If anyone has time say... This weekend and would want to be on the first mission if it happened then, let me know. I can't promise I can take everyone of course but I'd like to gauge interest.