OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

DarkGemini24601

free_hugs_wait____by_slifertheskydragon.jpg

ExoGrim

So, I'm just curious because I don't have all the info, but what are everyone's plans for moving forward after XCOM?

Taxor_the_First

I've got one, maybe two more things I want to do for this rp before I call it GG, but after that I'm probably going to sit out whatever we do next, or at least have a delayed entry. I have other plans, including a continuation of my last solo project. Anyone who's interested, I suggest you read Judgement Day first because otherwise you'll be getting one or two rude shocks at the beginning of my next thing. That's all I can confirm right now.

That's not to say I'm jumping ship btw. If absolutely nothing else, I'll still be sticking around as a reader and commentator. I am very curious to see what you madmen can come with next.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Balance. Light and Dark. Good and Evil. A constant struggle between two opposing forces, each pushing against one another in an attempt to come out on top. Neither can ever win, as there is no coming back from eternal darkness, and too much light only gives way to deeper shadows. Only a balance between the forces can assure the continuation of the universe as we know it.

But the balance has been shattered.

Earth. 2051. For half a century, the fires have been burning. Growing. Such a fraction of time to us eternal beings, but so long for the short lived humans. The forces of the Inferno have always spread their influence across the Human realm, ever since the Great War. But the intensity had grown so much. And yet... our intelligence told us it was little more then a push.

An influential whisper here or there was all that was needed to set man on a dark path. Flawed are they that little more was necessary. Destruction. Riots. Assassinations of great leaders. Horrific acts of terrorism. War. Genocide. So far had the darkness spread that the forces of Paradise were preparing to intervene, regardless of what had been reported... but we acted too late.

The world shook with a massive quake. The sun darkened, and the moon became as blood. A farce, one resembling the opening of the sixth seal, but the seals remained untouched. Ignorant were we to the spread of darkness, so great that it opened a path to Earth from the darkest depths of the Inferno. Their forces spread across the globe, spreading havoc and death. We discovered too late why we were unprepared: a number of Powers, Virtues, Dominions, and even Thrones were no where to be found. We had been betrayed, betrayed on a scale we never thought possible.

Earth was immediately declared a lost cause, one that would only result in an unnecessary loss of Celestials if we tried to save it. It was decided it was better to leave the Earth and consolidate our forces, to prepare for the assault that would surely come.

I didn't accept that. I couldn't accept it.

With a band of my fellow Celestials, including several other Principalities and a few Powers, we charged down to Earth, five hundred strong. In the end, we didn't stand a chance. One by one, my allies fell. Killed in battle, or worse: captured and dragged off for who knows what tortures. I witnessed my love, my everything, pierced through the belly and broken on the ground.

If only I had shared his fate. He died because of my insistence on helping humanity. And I've lived. All the torments I have endured, all the torture I have suffered, even the sight of the pile of feathers before me...

...none of it compares to living with the knowledge that I led so many dare friends to oblivion...