X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxor_the_First

So, I have an announcement to make. Meaningofbread and I are getting married.

For being the one that brought us together I have also asked, and he accepted, that Odd will be my best man.
Haha, good joke.
I'd hope so. The joke was so she wouldn't think I was serious when I did it. Her face was hilarious when she realized I wasn't kidding.
Wait. Really?

I'm honestly not sure whether I should take you seriously or not (though I'm thinking you may be serious).
If you aren't shitting us, then my heartfelt congratulations to you two.
If you are, then you're a horrible person.

S

Sarge-Pepper

So If i streamed an XCOM game on twich, would anyone be interested in doing something similar to here?

S

Sarge-Pepper

Not so much a whole forum, but play an RP based off of an XCOM run, like we just did.

Wisekill1

So, I have an announcement to make. Meaningofbread and I are getting married.

For being the one that brought us together I have also asked, and he accepted, that Odd will be my best man.

Wow... That's amazing! Congratulation to you both! This is the coolest thing I've ever seen happen on the internet!

S

Sarge-Pepper

That's what I'm wondering, I mean through twitch?

Lets see. I'll be playing through twitch. Probably the same format, once or twice a week. Same setup where you'll apply with a character, I'll accept you into the squad, and then play through a mission or two.

I'll try to keep around the same rules. I liked how it was setup here, and I might just start a small, nothing little forum to play this out on.

I'm not doing it to usurp Odd in any way, but to act as a placeholder till his Oddliness can return to his throne.

PrismaCube

Lets see. I'll be playing through twitch. Probably the same format, once or twice a week. Same setup where you'll apply with a character, I'll accept you into the squad, and then play through a mission or two.

I'll try to keep around the same rules. I liked how it was setup here, and I might just start a small, nothing little forum to play this out on.

I'm not doing it to usurp Odd in any way, but to act as a placeholder till his Oddliness can return to his throne.

That sounds good, heck I'm up for it. My only concern is what if I miss a stream because I'm super tired and its really late where I'm?

Taxor_the_First

Interesting to note that Odd hasn't chucked a Mass Effect this time.
"I have no idea when I'll start the next one..."
NEXT DAY
"So I decided to start the next one..."

Take a break if you want to, Odd. You've had a long time playing XCOM, 4 seasons of RP and the other ones you did on the side. That's a lot of XCOM. If you feel like you just don't want to, then don't, otherwise it'll get to the point where you'll burn yourself out and end up hating the game.

In other news, I've worked out that I'm a prophet. My last Classic Ironman run went just as season 4 went; to hell. Eventually, like Odd, I just gave up. And it all started at Portent.
If this is true, and I can now predict next season, it'll be good so far. Portent failed, but only because a Thin Man shot the VIP through a wall.
I hereby predict all will be well until lasers at least.

EDIT: I RESCIND MY STATEMENT. I just lost 4/6 of my squad, one of which shot himself with a rocket. Killed the one remaining floater, but...
Beware the docks.
BEWARE.

Last edited:

Taugaunt

Count me in, I need to keep the character ideas coming and this would be good practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.