X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaCube

Nah but really, usually its always the sniper who is the best mostly because he takes all the kills, but this time it wasn't a sniper, Rebecca had great potentials

BMPixy

Is it really a surprise when the first assault dies anymore? Seriously happens every season.

Perhaps we can talk to Odd about giving the assaults an armor color other than bright red. Might be a little too late for that be of genre-savviness though.

Adrammalech

I'm here too. I was thinking admitting the rest of the inactives could get some discussion going, adding a kind of a old guard vs. new guys clique dynamic.

summerjuliet

Is it really a surprise when the first assault dies anymore? Seriously happens every season.
This is my first season, so I've got no clue how things work. I keep saying I'm going to go back and watch the other seasons, but it's a time-consuming thing. Although this is a good warning to never get attached to assaults. ^^

PrismaCube

Hope the curse from seasons 3 come to season 4, where every heavy died except for shjoji or whatever his name is xD

Suryce

Game Master
And here is finally the bonus I have been talking about \o/

The Behind-the-scene of writing Rebecca Robinson (<- this is a link)

A lot of readings for you if you want to know about all the work that went into creating and developing this character. Of course, it spoils heavily and explain clearly tons of stuff that are only implied in the journals. Read at your own leisure :D

It's kind of too bad for Rebecca to have died so early when I invested so much into her, but oh well, that's part of the game. I still feel pretty lucky for the role she got in the game and the impression she left, it was really perfect.
Now I'm wondering what kind of character I'm going to do next season. Having your character being one of the soldiers on the field in the game really make you at it differently, it's an experience I recommend to everyone. :D So then, I'm probably not going to do a soldier next time, to leave the place to someone else. Though, while I have a few ideas for a engineer or a scientist character, nothing really leave a big impression on me like Rebecca immediately did when I imagined her. I have time to think about it, I guess.

Good luck on not dying for the rest of the season everyone :D

Wisekill1

A lot of readings for you if you want to know about all the work that went into creating and developing this character. Of course, it spoils heavily and explain clearly tons of stuff that are only implied in the journals. Read at your own leisure :D

It's kind of too bad for Rebecca to have died so early when I invested so much into her, but oh well, that's part of the game. I still feel pretty lucky for the role she got in the game and the impression she left, it was really perfect.
Now I'm wondering what kind of character I'm going to do next season. Having your character being one of the soldiers on the field in the game really make you at it differently, it's an experience I recommend to everyone. :D So then, I'm probably not going to do a soldier next time, to leave the place to someone else. Though, while I have a few ideas for a engineer or a scientist character, nothing really leave a big impression on me like Rebecca immediately did when I imagined her. I have time to think about it, I guess.

You really put a lot of work into Rebecca, that was certainly an interesting read. All the notes I have for Johan are some ideas for the future, a few one liners and a rough outline of what will happen to him if X-COM fails/Succeeds all of this is only a few Kb's.

It's really not a whole lot for my doing, another RP game that I'm part of takes up almost 100 mb of notes, ideas and pictures.

But still, I think I like the character Johan more than any of the dozens of characters I made for that game, I like the personal touch that you get with this X-COM Roleplay and the very real possibility that we'll actually fail, it's not something I've done before but I hope I'm doing a decent job so far.

Also, everyone here has been really welcoming towards new players such as me, I appreciate that!

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Hey everyone, in an effort to fully mourn Robinson's passing, XCOM will be taking a moment of silence today. It will be back tomorrow.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member

This is incredibly well done.

Wait, so, no episode today? Why must the universe torture me so! I wanna see if I'm getting into XCOM!

Kidding aside, I understand that maybe something came up. Looking forward to seeing what happens tomorrow!

Taugaunt

So I tried something new with last weeks post witch I just posted now.

10pts for the person who can guess what its based on.

Frostlich1228

Welcome to Who's Line is it, X-Com Edition.

And Remember, You're points will be melted down into Mec Trooper Suits after the Show. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.