X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suryce

Game Master
You guys have just been spouting random answers, that was not the point of that little game. Rebecca's character is all about suggestions and I wanted to see if anyone had picked up on her most subtle characteristic. The answer appears to be "no".

Anuvis11

You guys have just been spouting random answers, that was not the point of that little game. Rebecca's character is all about suggestions and I wanted to see if anyone had picked up on her most subtle characteristic. The answer appears to be "no".
Well, you asked. But I meant mine as a joke. I've been reading into the journals quite thoroughly to get a good understanding of all the characters. I would simply rather wait and see if I have the right idea, and not give away what may well be the answer. Robinson had what I believe to be one of the best back stories. You did them very well, and I enjoy the subtle things you put in there. It served to make the character an interesting individual. May she rest in peace.

PrismaCube

Well Caroline didn't have enough time to get to know Rebecca, kinda sad, was looking forward to it. And yet we spend little to no time together :(

Anuvis11

Yay, done with page 2. You can expect it tomorow... or today. It depends on when you're reading this. Heck, maybe it's already up.

S

Sarge-Pepper

Jesus that was difficult to write. So much I wanted to cover with him.

I hope you all enjoyed my posts.

Dragonivon

Jesus that was difficult to write. So much I wanted to cover with him.

I hope you all enjoyed my posts.

I did, I'm a bit unhappy that two of the most active writers on the board aren't going to be there for me to play off of this season. Though you DID leave me a lovely parting gift of making Zhang instantly resented because he didn't die. It will make for some tough writing, now I have to adjust part of my first entry after reading yours.

And yes, Zhang was judging you. Also he's judging the reactions of soldiers who had not suffered any real casualties until now. It wasn't exactly as encouraging as he hoped.

S

Sarge-Pepper

Also he's judging the reactions of soldiers who had not suffered any real casualties until now. It wasn't exactly as encouraging as he hoped.

Oh yeah. But on the bright side, it can only get better from here!

Hopefully.

>.>

PRAISE BE TO X-COM AND THE ALMIGHTY RNG, MAY THEY FOREVER BE PRAISED.

Thenlar

RP PROMPT

The night before the next mission goes out, Ryan is taking over the cafeteria for Real Chinese Food Night (TM). All are invited to sample true Chinese cuisine, from simple bok choy vegetables and pork fried rice, to the esoteric stuff like roast duck feet and pig intestine. Whole fish to be served, and some (un)lucky trooper gets to eat the eyes!

Followed by HD showings of Independence Day and Battle: Los Angeles, so we can watch uplifting movies of humanity kicking alien invaders in the face.

Just don't ask where the Blu-Ray player, HD projector, and jury-rigged surround sound system came from.

Last edited:

Dragonivon

RP PROMPT

The night before the next mission goes out, Ryan is taking over the cafeteria for Real Chinese Food Night (TM). All are invited to sample true Chinese cuisine, from simple bok choy vegetables and pork fried rice, to the esoteric stuff like roast duck feet and pig intestine. Whole fish to be served, and some (un)lucky trooper gets to eat the eyes!

I'm trying to imagine how Zhang will react to the chance to eat 'real chinese food' amidst a crowd of soldiers who probably hate him. Feel free to PM me if you want to start up some RP dialogues, though my first post is already pretty heavy. I may have to wait for such RP reactions to manifest after next episode.

(edit: And first RP post is up. It's not perfect but I'll try to get into the groove soon enough.)

Last edited:

Hokucho

anyone know when we are getting a new round of medals handed out? Its been a few episodes since we got those awarded.

Wisekill1

Sorry for not being active lately, I was busy with some real life stuff. And the hangover from my 18th birthday party prevented me writing a quick post last Sunday. I just finished watching the latest episode and already read all of the THINK TANK posts, after posting this I'll start reading though a few weeks worth of journals.

You can expect my post later today or tomorrow.

Anuvis11

Here's page 2 of chapter 00. :D

Attachments

• KIC Image.jpg
    KIC Image.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 276

Wisekill1

Ok... I wrote a poem, it's not that impressive but I think it fits the general style of X-COM. After each death Johan will say his next line, let's hope it stays short.

Psilon

Guys, now while I don't mean to be irrespectful of our fallen comrades I was wondering on what you thought would happen to the bodies of operatives that have been killed. It seems to me that we'll be storing them in X-com HQ, probably in a more luxurious version of wherever we store the bodies of the aliens, for burial after the war's over, to avoid leaking information on how the project's doing to the outside world. What's your take on that?

Adrammalech

My guess is that the bodies would be kept in a morgue and their wounds studied for adaptive defense purposes, and then are cleaned up of evidence and released for burial after the mothership is destroyed (some one or two years later). That's what I had in my draft for a casualty ending, anyway.

Suryce

Game Master
I intend to mention what will happen of Rebecca's body in my final journal (more or less what has been suggested, the important thing is just that she has no relative left to reclaim the body).

Status
Not open for further replies.