X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonivon

The internet is never safe.

I hope the topic for journals opens before the first video, I'd like to do an entry about being accepted and moving into the facility before the bullets start flying at my guy.

The problem is that there are 28 soldiers but you only start with (I believe) a roster of 12 soldiers at the start. Since CommanderOdd said that the order of the soldiers would be random, you really don't know who will be arriving on day one (on mission or just in the barracks reserve). In my case, I absolutely know I won't be in the mix for a month at least. I'm sure it will work out in it's own due time.

S

Sarge-Pepper

Oh my...what have I gotten into...

I sort of haven't been paying attention to this so much. So my fears were confirmed. I think this is going to be fun as hell, I would love to see Lukas end up as a Heavy or an Assault just for the interesting roleplay possiblities

Steve will gladly take you to the firing range :> Watching scientists scurry from another scientist with a gun would be very high on his "Shit that only happens once a lifetime" list.

Adrammalech

The problem is that there are 28 soldiers but you only start with (I believe) a roster of 12 soldiers at the start. Since CommanderOdd said that the order of the soldiers would be random, you really don't know who will be arriving on day one (on mission or just in the barracks reserve). In my case, I absolutely know I won't be in the mix for a month at least. I'm sure it will work out in it's own due time.

Well, by "I'd like to do", I meant I totally already have, so I hope that doesn't wind up going to waste. :p

too_spooked

I hope Chris is going to review the applicants for the engineers and the other crew soon, it doesn't look like many more are coming

Taxor_the_First

Unfortunately for me, I'll be unavailable until near the end of next week. Goin' bushwalkin' mate.
I'm serious. Four days in Tasmania, cause cold is great.
End result - if my scientist gets in, he'll have his entry late next week. Internet doesn't work where I'm going, and I don't have time to be writing some super-in-depth thing about "Yo, this X-COM place is pretty cool." while I'm cooking dinner. Which will consist of 2-minute noodles.
Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?
But yeah. Don't try to talk to me two days from now. I'm not being antisocial, I just happen to have something on. I swear it won't happen again, sir.

Unfortunately for me, I'll be unavailable until near the end of next week. Goin' bushwalkin' mate.
I'm serious. Four days in Tasmania, cause cold is great.
End result - if my scientist gets in, he'll have his entry late next week. Internet doesn't work where I'm going, and I don't have time to be writing some super-in-depth thing about "Yo, this X-COM place is pretty cool." while I'm cooking dinner. Which will consist of 2-minute noodles.
Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?
But yeah. Don't try to talk to me two days from now. I'm not being antisocial, I just happen to have something on. I swear it won't happen again, sir.

Research delayed on account of Scientist Walkabout. Thousands die.

too_spooked

The roleplay for 'Season 4' is going to be starting soon. Whether that means in a day from now or a couple of weeks is up for debate.

Rocketbottle

Man odd is the most luckiest person I seen play xcom he should of lost by now but thanks to RNG he is still alive and well.

Is he even playing impossible?

UltimaNamir

Man odd is the most luckiest person I seen play xcom he should of lost by now but thanks to RNG he is still alive and well.

I dont think luck is the word. Looks to me like hes just good at planning for the future rather then for convenience at a certain time. That and hes great at adapting to a sudden change.

Taxor_the_First

Very often I see something he could have done better, and yet he's still got a low casualty rate.
This is one phenomenon I cannot solve. Not that the soldiers will be complaining.

BMPixy

Very often I see something he could have done better, and yet he's still got a low casualty rate.
This is one phenomenon I cannot solve. Not that the soldiers will be complaining.

I'm sure Odd is taking severe refuge in audacity, but whether it is chutzpah or seykhl, I cannot determine.

too_spooked

Search up Beaglerush's XCOM Ironman Impossible let's plays, he does everything right but even he gets unlucky with RNG. Compared to him, ChristopherOdd is a four-leaf clover wearing a horseshoe that just won the lottery with a '7 7 7.'

Dragonivon

Search up Beaglerush's XCOM Ironman Impossible let's plays, he does everything right but even he gets unlucky with RNG. Compared to him, ChristopherOdd is a four-leaf clover wearing a horseshoe that just won the lottery with a '7 7 7.'

Keep in mind that THIS I/I started off rough but it's getting better for now. The real question is if his luck holds starting Sunday when every single soldier and most supporting characters have a real live person behind them, writing of their explots and his decisions matter even MORE than usual. If he uses up all his good luck on this playthrough, for the odds to even out, what will happen in his next one?

Enjoy waiting for the other karmic boot to drop everyone.

too_spooked

Keep in mind that THIS I/I started off rough but it's getting better for now. The real question is if his luck holds starting Sunday when every single soldier and most supporting characters have a real live person behind them, writing of their explots and his decisions matter even MORE than usual. If he uses up all his good luck on this playthrough, for the odds to even out, what will happen in his next one?

Staying optimistic, if all his first picks die a horrible, painful death, at least the other people get a chance to see conflict before they inevitably die as well.

Taxor_the_First

"For the odds to even out"? I see what you did there.
This discussion has made me happy that my soldier didn't get in. As a scientist, I wouldn't have to worry about this trivial thing you mere mortals call "death".

Status
Not open for further replies.