X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

For the one journal a week,I'll just do half of the journal about the mission and the other half about base life...

Adrammalech

Well, given that she does interrogations, Vahlen would probably speak to the soldiers who were on the mission where aliens were captured, in order to gain some insight into the creature's behavior before she began the torture.

She might also request a soldier refrain from using explosives or convince the commander/Bradford of being more careful about giving such orders. It would probably be insubordinate to do so, but Vahlen is nothing if not insistent.

Brian

Hey,just be creative!For instance,I may a soilder who had a painful life, and when something good in his life happened,it ended.Like Odd said,just be creative :)

Grelite

For those who are looking to do some last minute improvements, here's some tips:
  • Avoid walls of text by paragraphing
  • Check your spelling and grammar
  • Reread the time line and rules to make sure everything checks out

kennysorel

Hi ! :)

I'm new here. I'm just wondering how we go about interacting with one another (should we get picked)? PMs. IRC chats. etc.

for me personally, I wouldn't like to write about what another character would say without his/her author's input on it. (preferably in real time if that can be arranged) i'm hoping this sentiment might come across as respectful instead of nitpicky :(

Brian

Kenny:I think you MIGHT be able to have a conversation on Skype or something and come up with a plot with other charcters.Last season people did something about a rape,and then sparring going out of control Etc...

Last edited:

Meaningofbread

I do believe most people use the "Private Chat" system already integrated into Gray Lines. To start, just click on someone else's picture and click "Start a Conversation". You can add as many people as you want from there.

Grelite

ChristopherOdd said:
Hey everyone, thanks for all of the applications so far! I'm probably going to do a video with my wife where we read through all of these, categorize them, and choose the first group of successful candidates on the weekend.

I imagine this video will be quite long judging by the number of applications.

Fifedrum

Sitting down with the wife to start recording in about 30 minutes. The video will probably be split up into a few chunks to make it more digestible.
Oh my god. I would watch this, all of it. I should have made my application into a romance story just to freak you out.

Thenlar

A well-written story could easily turn a romantic reason for someone joining X-Com. Wouldn't even have to use the "aliens killed my wife/boyfriend/etc" trope.

For instance, you could have someone who never felt "worthy" and keeps taking more and more dangerous jobs/assignments to prove himself, despite the protestations of the lady.

Or the classic "you can't marry my daughter until you do something worthwhile in my eyes."

What else? Maybe a woman is a badass operator and is applying, so the guy tries to impress her and applies too (shades of Starship Troopers there).

Brian

A well-written story could easily turn a romantic reason for someone joining X-Com. Wouldn't even have to use the "aliens killed my wife/boyfriend/etc" trope.

For instance, you could have someone who never felt "worthy" and keeps taking more and more dangerous jobs/assignments to prove himself, despite the protestations of the lady.

Or the classic "you can't marry my daughter until you do something worthwhile in my eyes."

What else? Maybe a woman is a badass operator and is applying, so the guy tries to impress her and applies too (shades of Starship Troopers there).
You made me think Commander Odd revealed the soilders....wah.

Status
Not open for further replies.