X-COM Season 2 Recruitment Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Malachy2714

First Name: Malachy
Last Name: O'Shannessy
Reason For Application to xcom:
I first Joined the SASR (australian SAS) as soon as i finished high school but before i could be deployed the aliens attacked, killing my entire squad, so when i heard of xcom i immediately handed in an application.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Captn

First and Last Name Unknown. Known only as "Captn"

Reason For Application to xcom:
Captn wasn't a member of high society since his birth. He grew up in an orphanage hearing all those stories about pirates. When he turned 18, he really just wanted to go to the sea and found a job on a big cargo ship, later becoming a sort of protegé and friend of the ship's captain.

One time, when his crew was traveling near Africa, his ship was attacked by pirates. The crew did the best to defend itself and managed to kill all of the attackers. Unfortunately, most of the crew members were killed, including Captn's mentor. Before dying, his friend made Captn, well, the captain of the ship (that's where he got his nickname from) and told him about a treasure he had seeked his whole life.

Captn and the other five crew members who had survived eventually found the treasure. With it, Captn went back to Europe, changed his name and became major stockholder of a swiss bank.
He chose to forget about his past and lived a confortable and rich life, with women, cars, you name it. With time, he became a cruel, greedy and selfish man, hated by most people.
When the Aliens attacked, the whole world witnessed the greatest financial depression of history and Captn's bank went bankrupt.

By losing everything, he swore revenge on the aliens and joined XCOM hoping to have a chance to kill those assholes with his own hands.
For that, he would need all of his skills from his time as a seaman. Again, he changed his identity and became simply "Captn", a devious man with a mysterious past looking for revenge and a chance for redemption.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Dahlexpert

first name: Alex
Last name Alcatraz
reason for joining i all ways wanted to do the right thing. i joined the military for that reason but it didn't go the way i thought in the military i had a thin for explosives. and backing up my friends when i left the aliens invaded .so i thought its my duty to protect my people my family and my planet
pledge I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

LegitBrit13

First Name: Fenix
Last Name: Tomita
Reason For Application to Xcom:

I want to show Supreme Commander 'Sissy ChristopherOdd McBlueball' that I have the cahones to do what's right, regardless of the circumstances. I was nearly completed with my basic training in the military when I got word. On a mission with civilians involved in a local school, The Supreme Commander chose to selfishly save the lives of his soldiers over those he swore to protect. My husband was amongst those killed in that attack. That's right, my HUSBAND. My life, my love. You have a problem with me being a homosexual? Deal with it. Anyways, he could've done something. Instead, he chose to wimp out and care more for his men than the innocents dragged into this war. Well, let me tell you, as soon as I get the opportunity to save more innocent lives from the horror of losing a loved one, I'm taking it. I don't care if I get dragged before a tribunal. I don't care if my life is at risk. I don't care that I could die saving someone. If they get a chance to have an existence free of this nightmare, I'd gladly give myself a hundred times over to ensure a future that isn't fraught with extraterrestrial perils. To the Commander, I say, bring it. You think you can tame this phoenix? Prepare to get burned.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself (you better damn believe it), unconditionally (too damn right), to the cause (to preserve life and innocence in a time of war). I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my Supreme Commander ChristopherOdd (unless they involve leaving innocents to die, in which case, screw the rules). I trust him with my life (in so much as he'll sacrifice innocents for conveniences sake). And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life (Bring it! I'll die every death for every man, woman and child on this earth until the horror of war is ended). Watch me spread my wings and scorch the earth beneath me.

VulnusHarrow

First Name: Johnathan
Last Name: Harrow
Reason for joining: I served for five years in the military. I heard about the first attack and sent a request to join X-Com. Since leaving the military I've lived by myself out in the sticks of America. I hunted for food and lived off the land. Now, if they accept my request, I'm going back into hell, only ten times worse then when I was serving in the army.

Legion Crynet

First Name: Shaojje
Last Name: Zhang
Preferred Name: Zhang
Reason for application to X-COM: While that real Identity is hidden away this " Shaojje Zhang" works for the Triad Operative and he is a Council contact. He joined X-COM due to his information of the Aliens and his "device" he has from the Aliens as well. However his back-story will tell alot more.
Additional Background Story: Before joining the Council, Zhang knew the Aliens a long time before they invaded earth. He worked for them helping them understand the humans on earth and how they tick, at the one time he thought that he was doing good and helping them, however he was gravely mistaken the Aliens where using him for information. While Zhang did not kown that he fell in love with a female Sectoid named "Nina" who looks alot more human then the normal sectoids, this was because that the Aliens made her to keep Zhang feeding them information. After he was thrown out of the ship and Nina was thrown out with him, but not before Zhang was able to steal a "device" from the aliens while heading to earth in a pod he landed in a grave yard. While shooting to stay alive with his lucky black pistol, Nina suddenly turned into a normal Sectoid and turned on him. Now waiting for that one shot with his gun to put her down and whats worse about it. He has nothing left to lose.

Also to all the other soldiers in this base. I have locked myself away from the others because I wish to be alone. If you want to talk to me send me an Email. Don't try to go into my room I have no door. The only way I get into my room is by using a device I keep close to my heart.

latrailkj

First Name: Unknown
Last Name: Unknown
Preferred Name: KJ
Reason for application to X-COM:One of those things made me shoot my wife and son.Afterwards i went find my brother, when I found him he was surrounded by men.When I looked closer I noticed they weren't men....gone.So in short, I want,no need revenge. Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Ashely

First Name: Ashely
Last Name: Blackburn

Reason for application to XCOM: I'm a one of the camanders in the USS armored division but before I was in the military I was a stripper but I don't wunt to say any more about that. I also help maintain some of the vehicles and weapons like I helped fix an engine of a M1 Abrams and helped calibrate a barrett 50 Cal. My faverat pass time is firering rockets and using powerful weapons like a light machine guns and snipers. When the aliens attacked I was on a aircraft carrier with my commanding officer and then we saw a ginormous ship flying above us and it was lunching there ship and we tried to get planes in the air but it was to late they distorted the planes before the pilots got in to them. The aliens were creeping up alive so they can find a weakness and also for experimentation but luckily me and my officers got rescued by a submarines that was owned by no nation but a logo that said XCOM and that's how I got here

G

Gorilla

First Name: Arthura
Last Name: Quickshot
Reason for Joining: I have always excelled at everything i have done from school, athletics. And anything you can think of I have probably done from skydiving to deep sea diving. The only exception is being in the military. This is the one thing i have yet to do and have always wanted to do. Not for the action or to say i have done it but to serve my country and world. And with the recent alien invasion this is the perfect time to do so. I am qualified to join perfect health, and have been trained to use any weapon you hand me. Though i do prefer to use the sniper. I can think of no better way to die than serving my country while under your command, so if you allow me to join I will preform to my best every mission. Lets kick some alien butt.

xander

[This thread is ONLY for recruiting. Please do not post anything in here unless you're applying to be a recruit.]

[PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY RECRUITS. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS WILL PROHIBIT YOU FROM JOINING THE BIGGEST AND BADDEST X-COM SQUAD IN THE GALAXY]

Hi everyone,

This will be the official recruitment thread for my X-COM Enemy Unknown Season 2 playthrough where YOU can be a big part of the action.

In X-COM, you have the ability to customize your soldiers by name. On a first come, first serve basis, I will be using the names of people who sign up below to put you in the action. I will do my best to keep you alive, but as you know, in X-COM, there can be many casualties.

Last season we had so many amazing journals. Here is a link to check them out.

http://graylinesgaming.com/index.php?threads/x-com-recruit-biographies-and-journals.231/

Last season I mentioned that the journals are optional. THIS season that will be a little bit different. I'm looking to do this as a full on role play style series. I would even like to incorporate some of the journals into the videos somehow. Since we all know the XCOM story, this is 100% about the story that you guys will create.

Here's how it works for Season 2:

1) Reply to this thread ONCE by stating the following:

First Name:
Last Name:
Reason for application to X-COM: (This is where you start your backstory. Make it count soldier!)

2) In the order that you have posted here, I will be using your supplied names as a new recruit for my XCOM play through. Depending on how many people sign up, you may be in the game VERY soon, or you may have to wait until someone is KIA and you're called up as a replacement.

3) I will post a new thread after the first XCOM Season 2 video is posted and that's where the journal entries will go.

4) HAVE FUN WITH IT!

PS. GRELITE will be back with some very special journal entries throughout the season :)

xander

First Name: Xander
Last Name: Connors
Reasons for Enlisting: After being sent home from Afghanistan with an honorable discharge and a purple heart i felt that i let my friends down my country down and my father down. My family has a history of dieing in battle Vimmiy ridge,Sword beach i could go on but i don't want to leave another fight behind and i think that this will be the most important in human history and i just want to be a part of the team that is going to kick alien ass. I earned my purple heart by saving my CO he had lost his leg due to mortar fire.So i put a turnikit on his leg and carried him back to our FOB(forward operating base) so he could get patched up then the FOB got shelled and i was hit in the left knee with shrapnel so i went home to see my wife and two kids now the tech that we have today is the reason i can walk and run at my full potential again. I have extensive medical training but also like to get up close and personal but you can put me were you think is best. I am also a humanitarian and will do almost anything to save my squadmates including risk my own life. I am willing to die for this cause because i know this mission is in the right hands

Pledge:I have,on this day,voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the XCOM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. i do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. MY life.

L

Lupin DGK

First Name: Maksim
Last Name: Winter (Classified information due to safety reasons. Called Winter due to nickname)

Reason for application to X-COM: My parents had a reason for calling me Maksim. It was derived from the Greek name Maksimos, which means ''the greatest''. And that is what I was. I am an ex-spetsnaz soldier, from the first detachment of Russian Special Forces established by Yuri Andropov in 1975. And I was the best soldier there was. My specialty was everything you could think up: espionage, CQB, assassinations, sharpshooting and the lot.
However, in Russia, drugs destroy lives every day. And that's what happened to my life as well. I was kicked out of the special forces and my life took a turn for the worse. I was ravaged by narcotics and I lived on the streets of the Siberian city of Omsk. You couldn't dream about the things I did to survive there.
My life was quickly turned around again when the aliens attacked Earth. I felt like I could make a difference with the skills I still had. That is why I chose to enlist myself with the X-COM special forces. I have no fear of death, for I have no reason to live, other than to protect what is still left of our world.

Majora098

First Name: John
Last Name: Unknown (Jokingly Doe)

Reason for application to X-COM: I had volunteered myself for an experiment of Dr. Valhen's in the in the ability to replicate the psychic ability's of the Sectoids, I was the result. While showing progress in the right direction, I was not truly telepathic, merely emphatic, However I lost all memory except of my first name, and of how to talk. Over the first day most of my memories returned, but the ones of my past elude me, I know I am extremely intelligent, especially in the realm of computers (it is possible that I was an engineer, or researcher here, put no will tell me), and am wise beyond me years, (24, BTW) as well, which I can only assume was one reason for my inclusion in the project. However I have proven socially inept, even without the distracting influx of other's emotion whenever I look at them, and I shown little ability to accurately remember socially acceptable behavior, like not invading other peoples privacy (though that one isn't entirely up to me). Having been re-informed of Earth's dire status, I will dedicate my life to this mission, if not as a soldier than as an experiment.​

M

Mafatuu Mattelen

First name: Mafatuu
Nickname: Mafuun
Last name: Mattelen

Race: Caucasian
Voice: #1

Prefered headgear: Baseball cap with headphones
Home country: United States
Home city: Washington D.C.

Reason for joining the X-Com project: I narrowly escaped the alien attack on the capitol, my brother, however, did not. I witnessed his body fall to the ground and disintegrate right there on the spot. I was in shock, then I went into a fit of rage and started screaming and cursing at the world. I carried what was left of my beloved brother home and gave him an respectful burial, then, I went on a rampage. I killed as many as I could, my dad's old rifle served me well and I had apparently earned myself a reputation and a nickname: The Mafuun, as my actions were not always... well planed. I was being watched, as you can see, and Central Officer Bradford contacted me for a choice to join the X-Com project.

I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Brycart

First Name: Joel
Last Name: Freeman
Reason for Joining: Joel is 33 years old and a former member of the US Army Rangers. He joined in 2005 and served for 3 years before being dishonorably discharged for classified reasons. In the years leading up to the alien attacks, Joel worked as a military contractor for anybody who had the money to purchase his services... good or bad. He is not joining X-COM for some greater purpose, but simply to right some of the many wrongs he has done.

T

TANNtrum

First name:Tanner
Last name:Augustine
Reason for joining: His family was killed by aliens when they attack canada at the time canada was attack he was the only person in the JTF2 that left to join xcom

AaronBryant

First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Bryant
Reason for application to X-COM: .
Journal: I know that this will be difficult for her to understand but its the same reason I took the officer training so I could be more involved in the safety of the nation. I am now given a chance to be involved in the safety of the world I have to take this chance. She told me that I need to be near her to protect her but she is wrong i have to be killing the X-rays (that is what central calls them) so they cant get to her. I told her she should go up north into Canada with her family she will be much safer there. A lot of people will come into this for the wrong reasons like revenge or simply to kill, As a christian i pray god leads them on the right path helps keep us all safe. Through this time I hope he keeps earth safe. Im nervous probably for the first time in a long time but i know ill make it through this.
TimeLine-1994- Aaron Bryant is born in Miami pediatric center in Miami childrens hospital. 2004- Aaron Bryant fires his first gun a .32 revolver. 2008- Aaron Bryant wins the Florida State shooting competition. 2010- Aaron Bryant Meets Martriese Morant and begins a romantic involvement. 2012- Aaron Bryant drops out of High School and enlists in the U.S. Marines. 2013- Aaron Bryant is deployed in 2 M.A.K.O. classified missions as a commando unit. 2014- Aaron Bryant is enlisted in officer training. Aaron proposes to Martriese in May she accepts. Martriese tells Aaron that she is now pregnant in November. 2015- First contact is made. As the nations scramble together the best of the best Aaron Bryant is invited to join the X-Com project

Status
Not open for further replies.